Who are your favorite 5th-7th rd RB prospects?

NewEra

On 4/16/2024 at 10:49 AM, YattaOkasan said:

Why limit the convo to day 3?  Considering we have a huge need at RB (only 2 on the team right now) we will be drafting one.  I dont think the value is there in the first two rounds but would definitely be happy to have a reliable short yardage and pass pro RB in the 4th. 

Do you think all our other needs are greater than RB that we shouldnt consider RB in the 4th?

I hate to break the news to you, but the fourth round takes place on day 3 of the NFL draft.

If we’re talking about day 3 RBs, I have to mention Bucky Irving (U of Oregon), even though he’s probably not a fit for the Bills.  Undersized, but extremely shifty and quick; always makes the first tackler miss.  Definitely not a pile-mover, but very productive at Oregon (almost 1700 yards from scrimmage in 2023) and maybe the best pass-catching back in the draft.  Reminds me of a slightly faster Devin Singletary…

55 minutes ago, mannc said:

I hate to break the news to you, but the fourth round takes place on day 3 of the NFL draft.

Yeah realized that a bit late.  Point still stands about why not include the 4th round for this discussion.  I think its more likely we pick one in the 4th than 6th or 7th.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, eee1776 said:

lindy gave him a 6 round grade

Cool.  I’m confidant he’ll get drafted before rd 6.

id be thrilled with him in rd 5 and believe he’ll go rd 4, maybe 3

Edited by NewEra

Just now, NewEra said:

Cool.  I’m confidant he’ll get drafteddrafted before rd 6.

id be thrilled with him in rd 5 and believe he’ll go rd 4, maybe 3

Would you be ok with him round 4?  I think no.  I would be happy with him there but round 3 does feel a bit much.

4 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Would you be ok with him round 4?  I think no.  I would be happy with him there but round 3 does feel a bit much.

Yeah I’d be ok with him at the end of rd 4.  I really like his fit, he’s young (20) and I like his interviews. 

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

None.  UDFA.

Ok.  Are there any potential UDFA’s that you have your eyes on?

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm not much of a draftnik, so I don't have a clue.  I just don't want us spending a pick on an RB when we have bigger holes elsewhere.

Don't want us spending a pick even.  Wow.  you know we have 10 picks right?  You think there are 10 more pressing needs than a room that ONLY has 2 players in it (both with similar skill sets).  Theres snaps to be had at this position.  I expect a pick, UDFA, and probably a FA signing as well.  Need bodies.  

2 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Don't want us spending a pick even.  Wow.  you know we have 10 picks right?  You think there are 10 more pressing needs than a room that ONLY has 2 players in it (both with similar skill sets).  Theres snaps to be had at this position.  I expect a pick, UDFA, and probably a FA signing as well.  Need bodies.  

I don't think McBeane will use all 10 picks to draft a player.  I expect him to trade at least three of those picks, maybe four.  We blew two picks on Motor and Moss and they didn't even last through their rookie deals.  RB's are a dime a dozen, so I'm fine with not using a pick on a RB.

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm not much of a draftnik, so I don't have a clue.  I just don't want us spending a pick on an RB when we have bigger holes elsewhere.

Copy that.  I hear ya.  

• Thank you (+1) 1