And we're on to.. Aiyuk?

JMM

On 4/4/2024 at 7:15 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I would rather draft one too but I think Aiyuk could be a good #1 as well.  He got 105 targets last year and I think if you give him 30 more with the Bills...I think we could see a Diggs from MN to Buffalo type of increase in production.

From what I know about Aiyuk is he's a yac guy and we need more of that.

”From what I know.”???

It’s 2024 dude. You can pop the word Aiyuk into Youtube and you’ll see all you can know.

From what I know. Shut up.

26 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

No. It's a 2nd next year and some change or no for me. 

Here’s the thing, vertical threat receiver is our biggest need. If you trade up for a guy of Aiyuk’s caliber ( probably somewhere in the mid teens to low 20s) you’re giving more draft capital than #28. Probably #28, 58 and our #2 next year minimum. I think Ayuk would flourish in a Josh lead offense. He was really productive with the noodle arm QB in SF. 

12 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Here’s the thing, vertical threat receiver is our biggest need. If you trade up for a guy of Aiyuk’s caliber ( probably somewhere in the mid teens to low 20s) you’re giving more draft capital than #28. Probably #28, 58 and our #2 next year minimum. I think Ayuk would flourish in a Josh lead offense. He was really productive with the noodle arm QB in SF. 

Nobody is giving San Fran anything close to that with a loaded WR class starting them right in the face. They either gotta pay him or take a deal somewhere on middle ground.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Nobody is giving San Fran anything close to that with a loaded WR class starting them right in the face. They either gotta pay him or take a deal somewhere on middle ground.

If you like Aiyuk better than the quality of receiver available when you draft and he fits your offense, the #28 will not impact your team next season as much as an established top receiver. SF won’t move him unless they can get a good offer like a late 1st rounder.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Correct.  Everyone knows that the Niners can't/won't keep Aiyuk and they know he wants to get paid.  They will get no more than a second round pick for him, even though he is a top 10 receiver in the league... 

5 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Can I interest them in Minnesota's 2nd rounder next year?

3bcd574a-8b52-4929-a5ca-b0fb862b2589_tex

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

”From what I know.”???

It’s 2024 dude. You can pop the word Aiyuk into Youtube and you’ll see all you can know.

From what I know. Shut up.

I can pop in a Youtube and find Chase Claypool highlights.  

He plays in the west coast and no one ever pays attention to the west coast in anything because the west coast hasn't been good since the mid 90's.  You don't even have good beaches and you're by the ocean.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can pop in a Youtube and find Chase Claypool highlights.  

He plays in the west coast and no one ever pays attention to the west coast in anything because the west coast hasn't been good since the mid 90's.  You don't even have good beaches and you're by the ocean.

ask him how fresh his sushi is.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why can't you f****** do it? 

You need to read that in Joe Pesci's voice because you're both Italian and you should be able to do the accent.  

did you think pesci was a tough guy in the 90s?

We aren't in a position to take established #1s from other teams, We need a #1 talent, plus our own Nuka type guy later on. We can't be scared of drafting for cheap talent in the draft. Otherwise every 3 years we end up with a Diggs situation or have to cut other important players.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Rumor is Deebo is now the more likely player to be traded:

Deebo is 28 and injury prone. I doubt he's on the Bills radar. And if the Bills traded for Samuel, they might as well have kept Diggs.

Aiyuk put up tremendous numbers with Brock freaking Purdy. Nuff said. 

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Deebo is 28 and injury prone. I doubt he's on the Bills radar. And if the Bills traded for Samuel, they might as well have kept Diggs.

Aiyuk put up tremendous numbers with Brock freaking Purdy. Nuff said. 

If you could have Deebo for the 3rd we just picked up, or one of next year’s 2nds, would you do that?

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The problem with Deebo is he's a 28+m hit this season. That's even more than Aiyuk.

Eh, salary cap is just a myth 😝.  Wouldn’t we only be on the hook for whatever the base is though at this point, which is currently $20M-$21M?  And that’s assuming they don’t restructure something too?  I could be totally wrong here though…

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Eh, salary cap is just a myth 😝.  Wouldn’t we only be on the hook for whatever the base is though at this point, which is currently $20M-$21M?  And that’s assuming they don’t restructure something too?  I could be totally wrong here though…

Yes, his base is 20.9m. And restructure doesn't work. The cap isn't a myth. We have to be able to take the contract on as is first for the trade to be accepted by the league and then once we do that, we can re-structure. We can't take it on as is.