Last player to leave in any way that hurt?

I fully admit Diggs was one of my favorites and trading him hurts. Part of loving the Bills is having an emotional investment in the team and the individual players.

It's really tough for me to think of another guy in the recent past that hurt as much after he was gone. 

I felt really bad when Schobel retired.  I think he is one of the most underrated Bills of all time and he deserved better. For whatever reason didn't get the same attachment for Kyle Williams though I appreciated his ability.

How about others? Who was the last player that really hurt when they left? 

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland

Because of it being a traded scenario, Peerless Price or Marshawn Lynch. 

Probably Lynch more as we got virtually nothing for him… Those picks turned into Tank Carder and Chris Hairston…

Price we acquired a first rounder… Became McGahee and Peerless went completely downhill after an OK first season in Atlanta. 

Both were key components to one side of the field and seemed to split fans according.

• Like (+1) 1

• Ethan in Cleveland changed the title to Last player to leave in any way that hurt?
1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Kyle hurt, but Tre White getting cut this off-season was worse for me. Probably worse than Diggs. 

For me I picked Kyle because he meant so much to this team for so long and retired right as the team was turning the corner. Wish he would have played a year or two longer to really enjoy some winning. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

Because of it being a traded scenario, Peerless Price or Marshawn Lynch. 

Probably Lynch more as we got virtually nothing for him… Those picks turned into Tank Carder and Chris Hairston…

Price we acquired a first rounder… Became McGahee and Peerless went completely downhill after an OK first season in Atlanta. 

Both were key components to one side of the field and seemed to split fans according.

Lynch is a good one too. Obviously very polarizing at the time too. Fred Jackson ascending made it hurt less but seeing Lynch's success in Seattle first hand was frustrating.  My son loved him in Seattle though 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

For me I picked Kyle because he meant so much to this team for so long and retired right as the team was turning the corner. Wish he would have played a year or two longer to really enjoy some winning. 

Excellent take. Tre edges out Kyle for me. Diggs sucks but not in the same way as them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Kyle was my Hero.

Fred was the one that hurt me 

• Agree 2

Thurman Thomas.

I was in high school then but I kind of realized at that age no matter how much good history someone has with a team it's What Have or What Can You Do For Me Lately.  I don't get emotionally attached.

That being said actually T.O leaving made me a little sad after just a year.  I thought for the most part he behaved well and looked proud to be a Bill.  

• Like (+1) 2

I am legitimately not hurt by Diggs leaving.

Loved when we got him. 

Loved that he helped turn Josh into a superstar.

By the end, it was a bad relationship that everyone knew was doomed. No reason to be sad about it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3