Post your sleepers here

Yantha

I want to add a couple to my list above - guys I've really got round to breaking down quite late in the process.

Blake Watson, Running Back, Memphis

5th round grade

Watson is another older prospect and has had an interesting journey. He originally went to Old Dominion as a wide receiver before a position change in 2021, since when across two years at OD and a year with Memphis in 2023 he has amassed 3,182 rushing yards and 27 rushing touchdowns. He first came to my attention at the Shrine Bowl and was one of the standouts in my review of that game (here). There he shone as a receiving back and my thinking was he was a very late day 3 / priority UDFA who might carve out a niche as a pass catching back in the NFL. But when I finally got around to his film - this guy can run. He is a bit upright in his style and he would definitely be best suited to an outside zone scheme but he is better between the tackles than I expected. If he lands in the right spot would not shock me if he ended up splitting time in a rotation for a team that doesn't have a single bell cow back. 

Jordan Magee, Linebacker, Temple

4th round grade

I confess I was put on to him by the PFF guys but when I watched some of his games he is my kind of linebacker. Fast, instinctive, good in coverage, always seems to be around the ball. I saw a LOT of Matt Milano on his tape. Magee is the sort of modern coverage linebacker who will be a bit scheme specific for some - when an OL gets through to him and gets hands on him early in a down he gets washed. But teams who play a lot of nickel defense and want to get speedy coverage guys on the field at the second level will love him. He may end up a sub package player early in his NFL career but I think this is a future starter. I have an early 4 on him but in a weak linebacker class I would not be stunned if he snuck into day two. Equally he could later into day 3, because the number of teams who will value his skillset is going to be smaller. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 hours ago, section122 said:

Hayden Hatten

https://nfldraftdiamonds.com/2023/07/hayden-hatten-2/

Another guy like Franklin that analytics love.  Big x and can be had very late.  Would love one of the late round dart throws to be on this guy. 

He feels like the kind of guy you could throw out there in NFL Network's Stump The Truck segment. Haha.

On 4/1/2024 at 9:49 PM, Motorin' said:

I really like Kamara too. Bigger and faster than Jerry Hughes. Lots of production. 

Would be a great pickup in the fifth or even fourth round. His intensity would be a tonic to the DL. Guy is a berserker. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He feels like the kind of guy you could throw out there in NFL Network's Stump The Truck segment. Haha.

Hey i found one on youtube! Lol

He got pffs 5th highest season score.  They probably don't need a highlight cut bc he won't be drafted but he dominated the fcs competition which is important imo if you are going to make the jump to the pros.

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

Hey i found one on youtube! Lol

He got pffs 5th highest season score.  They probably don't need a highlight cut bc he won't be drafted but he dominated the fcs competition which is important imo if you are going to make the jump to the pros.

I love stump the truck. There might only be about a dozen people still watching the draft by the dog days of round 7..... but I love it. You stumped me anyway. Not a guy I'd ever heard of. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I love stump the truck. There might only be about a dozen people still watching the draft by the dog days of round 7..... but I love it. You stumped me anyway. Not a guy I'd ever heard of. 

I only stumbled on him when I was looking up advanced stats on wrs. 

He compares to puka nacua and i think we are going to see a little bit of the josh allen effect with nacua.  

I saw it at the combine when they brought up him excelling in the gauntlet and all of a sudden this year the gauntlet was a very important event.

Another thing that stuck out to me is how much I take fbs and nfl production values for granted lol.  

On 4/21/2024 at 5:50 AM, GunnerBill said:

Equally he could later into day 3, because the number of teams who will value his skillset is going to be smaller. 

There's a few positions with the Bills that fall into that auspice where they look for those types of players that many other teams wouldn't have a scheme fit for. The base nickel with two rangy LB's, where as you alluded to with Magee (or Ulofoshio or Jacobs - the latter a true 4-year Senior, similar profiles) would be a solid get. Also the Bills have been known to turn big safeties into LB's and I've been wondering about Jaylon Carlies for that.

On 4/22/2024 at 7:34 AM, finn said:

(Kamara) Would be a great pickup in the fifth or even fourth round. His intensity would be a tonic to the DL. Guy is a berserker. 

Had an eye on Javontae Jean-Baptiste in that mid day-3 range, 7th round grade from Brugler but there's a bit of buzz lately. Then there's the RAS monsters at Texas Tech, Myles Cole whose physical profile is basically Greg Rousseau, a freakishly long edge type. Very boom-bust as his technique is negligible and needs coached up, but the tools are rare and worth a mid-late Day 3. Same with Tyler Owens, big, fast, explosive, profiles sorta like Jeremy Chinn.

I find it terribly hard to post sleepers before we know where they are going. The draft is tough enough to guess on with first round guys panning out. With mid to late round picks it’s about the situations they get drafted in a lot of the time. I’ve got my guys that I really like, but if they get drafted by the Panthers, Commanders, Bears, Jets, etc… I don’t really have a lot of hope for them overall.