TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

With the 63rd pick in the TSW mock draft the 49ers select Christian Mahogany, G, Boston College.

Not thrilled with the players available we decided to double dip on the OL. Mahogany slots in as a hopeful upgrade to Feliciano on the right side, where he can use his tenacity and pulling ability to open holes for McCaffrey and smash DBs in the open field in front of Deebo and Aiyuk on WR screens

(Considered Braelon Allen here as the thunder the to McCaffrey's lightning, having Henry 2.0 in that backfield would be insane. McCaffrey, Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, and Allen on the field in base sets would be insane)

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Chiefs (NewEra) are on the clock

The KC Chiefs select TJ Tampa, CB, ISU with the final pick in rd 2.

Sneed is gone and we feel Josh Williams has the potential to play outside opposite Watson with McDuffie mainly playing inside, but we’re going to double down on some size and go with the long and physical Tampa.  We loved Sneeds ability to reroute opposing WRs at the LOS and Tampa excels in just that.  

Rice + Hollywood will thrive and we’ll look to add some WR later in the draft.  

@Mat68is on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

I am ready to go after Mat. Wanted one of the DTs but knew it was a long shot to make it to 66. 

If this were a trade mock I probably would have tried jumping Buffalos pick for Fiske

Edited by gonzo1105

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Panthers (Mat68) are on the clock
1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The KC Chiefs select TJ Tampa, CB, ISU with the final pick in rd 2.

Sneed is gone and we feel Josh Williams has the potential to play outside opposite Watson with McDuffie mainly playing inside, but we’re going to double down on some size and go with the long and physical Tampa.  We loved Sneeds ability to reroute opposing WRs at the LOS and Tampa excels in just that.  

Rice + Hollywood will thrive and we’ll look to add some WR later in the draft.  

@Mat68is on the clock

Man, that's like lining up a Corvette and a Lamborghini next to each other. What could go wrong.

• Agree 1

With the 65th pick the Carolina Panthers select Ruke Orhorhoro, Defensive Line, Clemson.  @gonzo1105 is now on the clock.

I like Orhorhoro a lot.  I think he can play anywhere across the dline.  Big, athletic ass kicker on the dline.  Late to football so still has plenty upside.  I labeled him a DL not DT because I think he could be a power edge not just a 3 tech.  I see Micheal Bennett as a comp.  Worthy, Frazier, and Orhorhoro is a very good haul for Carolina.  BPA matched need. 

• Like (+1) 4

WITH THE 66TH PICK IN THE 2024 NFL DRAFT, THE ARIZONA CARDINALS SELECT: 

BRALEN TRICE DE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON 

The Cardinals leading sack guy last year had 6 and Trice possesses good qualities for a pass rusher in the 3rd round. He has a well developed repertoire of pass rush moves and hustles on every play to make up for his average athleticism. Trice could compete for a starting role right away on the Edge or at the very least be a rotational piece for the first year. 

@Alphadawg7 is on the clock 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

WITH THE 66TH PICK IN THE 2024 NFL DRAFT, THE ARIZONA CARDINALS SELECT: 

BRALEN TRICE DE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON 

The Cardinals leading sack guy last year had 6 and Trice possesses good qualities for a pass rusher in the 3rd round. He has a well developed repertoire of pass rush moves and hustles on every play to make up for his average athleticism. Trice could compete for a starting role right away on the Edge or at the very least be a rotational piece for the first year. 

@Alphadawg7 is on the clock 

If, as looks likely, the Cardinals are sticking with a 3-4 defense (slightly odd to me as Gannon ran more of a 4-3 as DC in Philly his scheme was actually very McDermott like) then I love that fit for them. I like Trice and I think he could play as a base end in a 4-3 but I think to unlock the pass rush ceiling he is best suited to a 3-4 and rushing primarily from a 2 point stance. And they definitely need pass rush help in Arizona. It was brutal last season.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Commanders (Alphadawg7) are on the clock
23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’ll make a pick within 30 min.  It’s 7:30am here and need to change and feed my 10 month old son first 

I can’t believe you’re going to prioritize your child over this draft.  Be better 

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

With the 67th pick in 2024 draft, the Washington Commanders select:  Austin Booker, DE, Kansas

We were thrilled to see Austin still here and are excited to bring this explosive edge rusher who’s loaded with potential while coming a little more raw than some of his fellow prospects.  We have confidence in our new staff to help Booker reach his potential and tap into the explosiveness at the next level.  

@TPSand the Dumb England Cheatriots are on the clock

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I can’t believe you’re going to prioritize your child over this draft.  Be better 

Hey that’s the future of the Buffalo Bills I’m feeding here.  Heir to the Allen throne and I’ve got his stud LB brother to anchor and captain the defense in the wife’s Belly due in October too.

I’m just doing my part to save the future of the franchise.  What did you do this morning to help the Bills future?  Probably nothing you lazy bastard 😂😂😂

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hey that’s the future of the Buffalo Bills I’m feeding here.  Heir to the Allen throne and I’ve got his stud LB brother to anchor and captain the defense in the wife’s Belly due in October too.

I’m just doing my part to save the future of the franchise.  What did you do this morning to help the Bills future?  Probably nothing you lazy bastard 😂😂😂

I took a massive ***** and ate a breakfast bagel.  You got me there 

• Haha (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Patriots (TPS) are on the clock

With the 68th pick in the 2024 TSW Mock Draft, the 6-time Super Bowl Champion** New England Patriots select Tez Walker, WR North Carolina.

While the WR carcass has nearly been picked to the bone, with the Patriots WR room being such a mess, so they take a flyer on the flyer Walker (4.36 combine 40). Two years ago they took another speedster Ty Thornton, but the thin-framed track star has been injury prone.  Walker is a somewhat under the radar prospect as he spent the first two years at Kent State before transferring to NC and did not become eligible until the fifth game of the season, yet he was 12 yards shy of leading the team in yards, averaging 17 ypc, and lead the team in TD receptions with 7.  [If you haven't seen his highlights, I'd suggest checking them out.]

The Patriots end the TSW draft with their QB of the future, his blind-side protector, and a WR prospect who could blossom into a WR1.  We're satisfied with the outcome.

The Chargers of LA and @BigdaddyinOrlando are on the clock.

** Kudos to Darth @Mark Vader for suggesting the asterisks to indicate this questionable statistic.

• Like (+1) 3

I got a little behind but the spreadsheet is updated again.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kKiIOcYaq1A0SI-iV5sNBub4GWz-FyrSHSHMSKqV_SQ/edit#gid=0

Round 2 tidbits:

following up round 1 having none of these positions selected there were only 2 safeties, 2 linebackers, and 1 rb selected.

An eye popping 9 wrs went in round 2

According to the sheet only:

Biggest reach - Rams Kiran Amegadjie OT Yale rank 117 pick 52 difference +65

Biggest value - tie Ja'Tavion Sanders TE Texas and Jonathon Brooks RB Texas in back to back picks both -21 (ranked 34 and 35 picked 55 and 56)

Through 2 rounds:

15 wrs

11 ots

9 cbs

7 dts

6 qbs and edge rushers

5 iol

2 lb, safety, and te

1 rb

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, TPS said:

With the 68th pick in the 2024 TSW Mock Draft, the 6-time Super Bowl Champion** New England Patriots select Tez Walker, WR North Carolina.

While the WR carcass has nearly been picked to the bone, with the Patriots WR room being such a mess, so they take a flyer on the flyer Walker (4.36 combine 40). Two years ago they took another speedster Ty Thornton, but the thin-framed track star has been injury prone.  Walker is a somewhat under the radar prospect as he spent the first two years at Kent State before transferring to NC and did not become eligible until the fifth game of the season, yet he was 12 yards shy of leading the team in yards, averaging 17 ypc, and lead the team in TD receptions with 7.  [If you haven't seen his highlights, I'd suggest checking them out.]

The Patriots end the TSW draft with their QB of the future, his blind-side protector, and a WR prospect who could blossom into a WR1.  We're satisfied with the outcome.

The Chargers of LA and @BigdaddyinOrlando are on the clock.

** Kudos to Darth @Mark Vader for suggesting the asterisks to indicate this questionable statistic.

I LOVE Walker. Even though I already picked a WR, if he was there for my next pick I likely would have taken him. I feel he could become a very good WR in the league. I’d love the Bills to take him as a 2nd wr pick in rd 3 or 4. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Chargers (BigDaddyInOrlando) are on the clock

With the 69th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Chargers select Braelon Allen rb Wisconsin. 

with the next wave of wrs off the board we select Allen as our feature rb in the new run heavy offense. He brings a physicality and a tenacious style we seek. He will need to work on his ball carring skill by tucking it closer to his body. He doesn’t possess the instant speed but has good awareness and a build up speed at the second level. We look to stock the wr room w several third tier wrs and hope to hit on one or two!

The NY Giants @BuffaloBillyG are now on the clock

• Like (+1) 4

With the 70 pick of the draft, The New Jersey Football Giants select: KAMREN KINCHENS, SAFETY, MIAMI (FLA)

After shoring up the WR and QB spots in the first 2 rounds, we turn our attention to a defense that needs some serious upgrades.  We were VERY tempted by some of the RBs still on the board, but will attempt to address that in later rounds.

We love the versatility Kinchens offers. He can play a true safety role, he can play up in the box and pkay a "big nickle" role. He displays toughness and the smarts that we like in a safety as well as playmaking ability; coming away with 11 turnovers over the last 2 seasons.

While his combine numbers and speed were underwhelming, he entered the off-season testing cycle at or near the top of the list for the position. We feel that he is a ballplayer and will show up and show out with the pads on. 

@gonzo1105and the Arizona Cardinals are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cardinals (Gonzo1105) are on the clock
15 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

With the 70 pick of the draft, The New Jersey Football Giants select: KAMREN KINCHENS, SAFETY, MIAMI (FLA)

After shoring up the WR and QB spots in the first 2 rounds, we turn our attention to a defense that needs some serious upgrades.  We were VERY tempted by some of the RBs still on the board, but will attempt to address that in later rounds.

We love the versatility Kinchens offers. He can play a true safety role, he can play up in the box and pkay a "big nickle" role. He displays toughness and the smarts that we like in a safety as well as playmaking ability; coming away with 11 turnovers over the last 2 seasons.

While his combine numbers and speed were underwhelming, he entered the off-season testing cycle at or near the top of the list for the position. We feel that he is a ballplayer and will show up and show out with the pads on. 

@gonzo1105and the Arizona Cardinals are on the clock.

Nice breakdown.  Sounds like someone the Bills could have used…..

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

WITH THE 71ST PICK IN THE 2024 NFL DRAFT, THE ARIZONA CARDINALS SELECT: 

TREY BENSON RB FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY

On the outside this is a head scratching selection but James Connor will be 29 this year and is on the last year of his contract when he’ll be 30 years old. The cardinals current backups are Deejay Dallas, Emari Demercado, and Michael Carter. 

Benson provides a strong downhill runner who can pass catch out of the backfield and is a solid pass blocker for someone coming out of college. He is a home run threat if he gets into the 2nd level. He will need to work on his vision and lowering his pads in the NFL but I compare him to a poor man’s Dalvin Cook. He will split with Conner and take 3rd down duties before Connor becomes a FA and becomes a workhorse for them in year 2 

@Pasta Joe is on the clock

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

WITH THE 72ND PICK IN THE 2024 NFL DRAFT, THE NEW YORK JETS SELECT:

Calen Bullock Safety USC

With the Giants just taking the safety the Jets had targeted, it’s imperative to take another before a run starts. This fills a primary need for the Jets as they try to contain the Bills and Dolphins diverse potent offenses.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

NWITH THE 72ND PICK IN THE 2024 NFL DRAFT, THE NEW YORK JETS SELECT:

Calen Bullock Safety USC

With the Giants just taking the safety the Jets had targeted, it’s imperative to take another before a run starts. This fills a primary need for the Jets as they try to contain the Bills and Dolphins diverse potent offenses.

@section122

5 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Calen Bullock Safety USC

mother ***** lol

I had my whole thing typed up and everything!

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 67th pick in 2024 draft, the Washington Commanders select:  Austin Booker, DE, Kansas

We were thrilled to see Austin still here and are excited to bring this explosive edge rusher who’s loaded with potential while coming a little more raw than some of his fellow prospects.  We have confidence in our new staff to help Booker reach his potential and tap into the explosiveness at the next level.  

@TPSand the Dumb England Cheatriots are on the clock

Yea makes sense. Booker is the opposite of a lot of the rushers we were talking about before... I think Trice, Braswell etc are best suited in 3-4s. I thinkn Booker needs to play in a 4-3 and so the Dan Quinn scheme works for him.

2 hours ago, section122 said:

15 wrs

11 ots

9 cbs

7 dts

6 qbs and edge rushers

5 iol

2 lb, safety, and te

1 rb

That is how it is going to be. The first two rounds will be WR and OT heavy.

• Agree 1

@TOboy and the falcons are on the clock.

With the 73rd pick the Detroit Lions select OG Zak Zinter from Michigan.  If he didn't have his gruesome leg injury I think he would go much higher but the Lions are happy to grab one of the top run blocking guards in the draft.  The Lions don't have a 4th round pick so this is the best chance to get the All American and keep him home.  

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Calen Bullock Safety USC

Don't worry. You got the better guy.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 74th pick in the 2024 NFL a draft the Atlanta Falcons are proud to select Jarrian Jones, CB, Florida State. 

@Logic is now on the clock. 

Having addressed the dline and WR in rounds 1 & 2 the Falcons look to improve the secondary. We’re hoping Jones can fit opposite AJ Terrell on the outside, but offers some versatility with the ability to shift inside as a big nickel. We like Jones level of compete, his ability to play the run, and his size speed combination. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bears (Logic) are on the clock

With the 75th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select Michael Hall Jr, DT, Ohio State

Hall's size causes him to drop to the third round, but his active hands, short area quickness, and ability to win one-on-ones have us convinced he can be a valuable rotational piece on our defensive line. Hall was dominant at times at the Senior Bowl, and we're willing to bet that with a bit of time in an NFL weight room, Hall can make up for any size deficiencies he may have. We want to get stronger in the trenches, and Hall helps us do that.

@Big Blitz and the Denver Broncos are now on the clock.

**Sorry for the delay everyone. Honey-do list errands. Happy wife, happy life. Apologies.**

• Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Broncos (Big Blitz) are on the clock
57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I started this round with 4 potential targets. I am 8 picks away and all 4 are still there. Starting to get fidgety.

It’s like playing a game of who do you think is going to continue dropping. I keep going well I need this position but then I keep seeing a need that is maybe less but the player is far superior 

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Any volunteers to make the Broncos pick?  We are coming up on the three hour mark.  I think about 20 min away.  

Spencer Rattler has been linked to them quite a bit and since they passed on QB that makes a bit of sense to me 

• Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Raiders (LEBills) are on the clock

The Denver Broncos select Javion Cohen, G/C, Alabama.

The Broncos need to build up the trenches with no QB of value on the board.  Cohen fills and immediate need and is a value pick as well.

The Raiders @LEBills are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

With the 77th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Las Vegas Raiders select Christian Haynes, OG, UConn

The Raiders current RG is Jordan Meredith. This Madden auto generated player was signed to a 1 year sub 1 million dollar deal to replace Bills cast of Greg Van Roten. In other words, the Raiders are thrilled to pair Haynes with new RT Fuaga.

In addition to providing a solid front 5 to allow for the human trebuchet Penix to have the clean pocket that made him so successful this season, it also provides a strong run blocking tandem on that right side. This should allow for a lot of wide zone runs that Getsy loves so much. With Zamir Whites showing in the last month of the season and several good RBs still on the board to be selected later in the draft, the Raiders feel like they can put together a good running game to compliment their rookie QB. 

CB was in high consideration at this spot too, but with Patrick Grahams zone heavy scheme we feel like we can wait there too. Antonio Pierce likes some of the LBs on the board too which made his trigger finger itchy, but in the end it came down to protecting the young QB. 

Father of 2/22’s of the Bills future starting lineup @Alphadawg7 and the Washington Commies are now on the clock

• Like (+1) 5

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Commanders (Alphadawg7) are on the clock

With the 78th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select:  Jeremiah Trotter Jr, LB, Clemson

Almost our selection earlier this round, we are thrilled to see Jeremiah still on board after picking up Austin Booker at DE previously.  With his pass coverage and pass rush abilities we believe he can come in right away and compete to start and be an important part of our defense moving forward.   A lot of his play reminds us of Fred Warner and we think he has that kind of potential.

We are thrilled with our draft so far with another pick later this round still to come.  

Draft Recap so far:

2 - Drake Maye, QB North Carolina

36 - Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia

40 - Cooper Beebee, OL, Kansas State

67 - Austin Cooper, DE, Kansas

78 - Jeremiah Trotter Jr, LB, Clemson

100 - TBD

@TOboyand the Atlanta Falcons are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 5

With the 79th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Atlanta Falcons are proud to select Dominick Puni, OT, Kansas. 

@Might Rather is now on the clock. 

With this selection we look toward developing another future starter on the line. With experience at both LT and RT as well as G, Puni will initially fill the swing tackle role. We see him sliding into a starting role in the next couple of seasons after we’ve had some time to coach him up. 

• Like (+1) 3