TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m guessing you aren’t interested in providing us with your remaining 12 second rounders? 

No skin off my nose I'd have offered them to @Virgil for the Bills poll in any event:

2 RBs - Brooks and Benson

1 TE - Sanders

1 IOL - Haynes

2 DTs - Fiske and Jenkins

3 EDGE - Trice, Braswell and Isaac

2 CBs - Tampa and James

1 S - Bullock

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No skin off my nose I'd have offered them to @Virgil for the Bills poll in any event:

1 TE - Sanders

1 IOL - Haynes

2 CBs - Tampa and James

1 S - Bullock

I think Jermaine Burton has to be on the list of considerations for Bills at 60…great long ball tracker and YAC guy…suffered under bad QB this year.  

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

1 TE - Sanders

1 IOL - Haynes

2 CBs - Tampa and James

1 S - Bullock

If this is what the Bills had to choose from, I would want Haynes but I think they would go Isaac

17 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think Jermaine Burton has to be on the list of considerations for Bills at 60…great long ball tracker and YAC guy…suffered under bad QB this year.  

He is a 3rd round grade for me. Javon Baker on a 2nd/3rd borderline is my best WR available. I don't mind the idea of Burton. It is a tad early for him at #60 for me given what else is on the board.

14 minutes ago, LEBills said:

If this is what the Bills had to choose from, I would want Haynes but I think they would go Isaac

I think they'd go Fiske.

• Like (+1) 2

With the 54th pick in the draft the Cleveland Browns select Jermaine Burton, WR, Alabama.

@Doc Brown is in the clock for Miami 

Burton has first round talent. I have him as my WR4 from that perspective, but I keep hearing about “off the field issues”. The problem is they no one is talking about what those are. In any event the talent is too great to pass up here. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, mannc said:

I heard there are off field concerns about him. No idea what they are though. 

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

1 TE - Sanders

1 IOL - Haynes

2 CBs - Tampa and James

1 S - Bullock

Trice is a great fit for the Bills defense. He is similar to AJ Epenesa. Very productive, big and long, and had a terrible combine. He’s a disruptive pass rusher with a big motor. Braswell is the much more explosive athlete, but he’s smaller. Issac is a meh for me. If i’m picking I take Trice. I feel like he plays way faster than he tested. 

Jenkins makes a ton of sense with them knowing him all the way back to when dad was playing for the Panthers. And Jenkins is a great fit. I also like Fiske as you mentioned. 

Where do you have Marshawn Kneeland?

Edited by MrEpsYtown

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Dolphins (Doc Brown) are on the clock
7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Trice is a great fit for the Bills defense. He is similar to AJ Epenesa. Very productive, big and long, and had a terrible combine. He’s a disruptive pass rusher with a big motor. Braswell is the much more explosive athlete, but he’s smaller. Issac is a meh for me. If i’m picking I take Trice. I feel like he plays way faster than he tested. 

Jenkins makes a ton of sense with them knowing him all the way back to when dad was playing for the Panthers. And Jenkins is a great fit. 

Trice is similar to the AJE we drafted in that he is just a big powerful bull rusher. My worry with all 3 of those edge guys if we are talking purely Bills fits is I think they might all ideally project better as 3-4 outside linebackers. I have said before and I will repeat here if the Bills don't get one of the top 3 or 4 (depending how you feel on Chop) guys in round 1 (and I think now we are DEFINITELY going WR) then I'd pass on edge in this class until they get into day 3 shot in the dark territory. When there are a few guys worth a punt on. It is not a deep edge group. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Trice is similar to the AJE we drafted in that he is just a big powerful bull rusher. My worry with all 3 of those edge guys if we are talking purely Bills fits is I think they might all ideally project better as 3-4 outside linebackers. I have said before and I will repeat here if the Bills don't get one of the top 3 or 4 (depending how you feel on Chop) guys in round 1 (and I think now we are DEFINITELY going WR) then I'd pass on edge in this class until they get into day 3 shot in the dark territory. When there are a few guys worth a punt on. It is not a deep edge group. 

Makes a ton of sense. I think they are actually in good shape there where they maybe don’t have to force it. IMO there is something about Trice, I just think he makes it and I think he would be fine at a base end. 

Fiske and Jenkins both 3 techs? I feel like they would opt for the bloodlines and the 34 inch arms if it came down to it. 

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Where do you have Marshawn Kneeland?

5th rounder. All hussle no burst and limited technical refinement. My next two after the 3 listed are Jonah Elliss (who I think is also ideally a 3-4 OLB) and Austin Booker (who probably is more a 4-3 fit).

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Fiske and Jenkins both 3 techs? I feel like they would opt for the bloodlines and the 34 inch arms if it came down to it. 

Jenkins would be that Q Jefferson type they kept trying to find. I think he can play base end in a 4-3 in some big packages if you need him to or as your 2nd 3T. I think he'd be very good as a end in a 3-4. If I hadn't gone Newton for the Rams at #19 I'd have drafted Jenkins in round 2.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 55th pick, the Miami Dolphins select Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas.

Miami takes another Texas player out of pure coincidence.  Didn't love the value of any offensive line prospects at this point and Sanders fits well in McDaniel's system.  He should give them that much needed receiving weapon at TE in the passing game to go along with the newly acquired Jonnu Smith.  

The Dallas Cowboys @JJGauna are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 4

With the 56th overall pick, the Dallas Cowboys select Jonathon Brooks, RB, Texas!

Mr. Texas Football stays in the lone star state and aims to replace Tony Pollard. After compiling 3,530 rushing yards and 70 total touchdowns his senior year in high school, he earned a scholarship with the University of Texas. Brooks initially sat behind Bijan and finally had his shot last year and showed that he was not a fluke, earning comparisons to Jamaal Charles.

Unfortunately an ACL tear in November causes some concern but it should be noted that the Cowboys team doctor performed the surgery on Jonathon. If anyone has inside info on his injury, it’s Dallas.

Hopefully Zeke re-signs on the cheap and allows Brooks a chance to slowly but surely become a dangerous weapon in time for a late season run into the playoffs.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers @H2o are on the clock!

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bucs (H2o) are on the clock
14 minutes ago, JJGauna said:

With the 56th overall pick, the Dallas Cowboys select Jonathon Brooks, RB, Texas!

Mr. Texas Football stays in the lone star state and aims to replace Tony Pollard. After compiling 3,530 rushing yards and 70 total touchdowns his senior year in high school, he earned a scholarship with the University of Texas. Brooks initially sat behind Bijan and finally had his shot last year and showed that he was not a fluke, earning comparisons to Jamaal Charles.

Unfortunately an ACL tear in November causes some concern but it should be noted that the Cowboys team doctor performed the surgery on Jonathon. If anyone has inside info on his injury, it’s Dallas.

Hopefully Zeke re-signs on the cheap and allows Brooks a chance to slowly but surely become a dangerous weapon in time for a late season run into the playoffs.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers @H2o are on the clock!

This seems like a very Jerry pick.  Well done

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the 57th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select..... Chris Braswell / OLB / Alabama 

We just released Shaq Barrett a couple weeks ago, and our pass rush was lacking outside of our 2023 rookie YaYa Diaby. We signed Randy Gregory a couple days ago, but the cupboard needs to be restocked even still. Braswell, though not possessing the same elite athletic traits as Dallas Turner, is still a solid prospect in his own right. He plays with A LOT of power, using his hands well. And when he gets to the QB, he hits like DE's of old. He had 13 sacks and 33 pressures this past season. Every year as his playing time increased, so did his production. We are excited to get him here in the 2nd. 

The Green Bay Packers and @mrags @Virgil are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 5

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Packers (mrag) are on the clock
3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

With the 54th pick in the draft the Cleveland Browns select Jermaine Burton, WR, Alabama.

Burton has first round talent. I have him as my WR4 from that perspective, but I keep hearing about “off the field issues”. The problem is they no one is talking about what those are. In any event the talent is too great to pass up here. 

Ignorance is bliss

On 4/4/2024 at 10:38 AM, TPS said:

With the 34th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the 6-time Super Bowl Champion  (I hope you hate reading this as much as I hate typing it) New England Patriots select:

Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma@gonzo1105 and the Arizona Cardinals are on the clock.

Having taken their QB of the future in R1, the Patriots are extremely happy find Guyton available to protect McCarthy's blind side.  The Patriots are much higher than most teams on the athletic but raw Guyton and would've considered jumping the Ravens had trades been an option.  With former Bill Conor McDermott currently slated in as the starting LT, we expect Guyton to learn the" Patriot Way" quickly and will transition him into the starter's role over the course of the season.  

Put an asterisk next to them. It'll make you feel better.

With the 58th pick in the NFL draft the Green Bay Packers select….

Ja’Lynn Polk, WR, Washington 

thought about going WR with the last pick but all my first choices were gone. I’m continuing with the goal of surrounding my young QB with weapons and protection. 

sorry for the delay. Was mid flight for a few hours.  

@stinky finger is on the clock 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

With the 58th pick in the NFL draft the Green Bay Packers select….

Ja’Lynn Polk, WR, Washington 

thought about going WR with the last pick but all my first choices were gone. I’m continuing with the goal of surrounding my young QB with weapons and protection. 

sorry for the delay. Was mid flight for a few hours.  

@stinky finger is on the clock 

Thats the last wr anywhere near the value for the Bills pick for anyone wishing for a double up at the spot.

11 minutes ago, section122 said:

Thats the last wr anywhere near the value for the Bills pick for anyone wishing for a double up at the spot.

Yup. I really like Polk. Not nearly as much as some of the others. But he is definitely the last guy on my list for a while. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, section122 said:

I think Javon Baker is still good value but it’s running thin for sure 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Texans (Stinky Finger) are on the clock
15 minutes ago, section122 said:

Just like in years past…always a run on WR early in rd 2…we did get Shakir, though.

11 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think Javon Baker is still good value but it’s running thin for sure 

I really like Baker but he’s on the next level for me with a few more guys. 

With the 59th pick in the draft, The Houston Texans select Javon Bullard DB, Georgia

As with the first selection, the secondary commands the attention here. Bullard offers versatility and may project best as a nickel back. The Texans are pleased with their 2 selections in this second round.

@Virgil and the TSW poll are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Attempted murder of an opposing fan.  He should be fine.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock
1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Attempted murder of an opposing fan.  He should be fine.

Didn’t he push a woman who ran on the field as part of a crowd after a game ended? I’m curious if there’s more tho. Seems like there has to be, but if that’s it……

31 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Didn’t he push a woman who ran on the field as part of a crowd after a game ended? I’m curious if there’s more tho. Seems like there has to be, but if that’s it……

He was caught on video slapping a female Tennessee fan when they stormed the field after their loss there.  I guess attempted murder was stretching it.

• Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Lions (section122) are on the clock

With the 60th pick in the TSW 1.0 Mock Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan.

In one of our closest poll results in years, there was some quality discussion on the merit of this pick and high value.  I highly recommend going to the thread where the poll was conducted.

The Lions @section122 are on the clock

• Like (+1) 3

With the 61st pick the Detroit Lions select dt Braden Fiske dt fsu.

The Lions bring home the western michigan product who had a productive sabbatical year at florida st.

@Virgil and the ravens are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 5

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The 49ers (Hermes) are on the clock

With the 62nd pick in the TSW 1.0 Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Kamari Lassiter, DB, Georgia.

The Ravens came into this draft with needs at DB, WR, and ???.  With our first two picks, we were able to bring in Day 1 starters that will make and immediate impact.

Spunky but slender with the mentality to sift through the highs and lows that come with the position. Lassiter has the athleticism and dog to play press-man coverage and all forms of zone. His instincts and play recognition are getting better to help shadow routes and pester catch points, but he hasn’t yet flashed as a corner looking to play the football and flip the field. Lassiter could see flags early in his career, as he struggles to keep up with deep throws and doesn't always trust his technique. He’s physical and well-coached with the potential to play as a nickel back or roving safety.

The 49ers @Hermes are on the clock

• Like (+1) 4

To the resident draft experts....

The lions draft so far is kool aid and Fiske.

However I debated chop robinson in rnd 1 and would have ended up with lassiter rd 2.

Which do people think would have been a better outcome?  I kind of like chop/lassiter better lol