TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Very sorry for the delay. Leaving town in 2 days and I’ve been running around all day with errands before I leave 

You're good boss.  That wasn't directed at you, as much as everyone.  And you told me about your trip.  All good

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bucs (H2o) are on the clock
6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Very sorry. Was out running errands. Didn’t think for a second that I’d be up so quickly. I was hoping to watch a few more vids today as well to have a better idea who I wanted. 

so I’ll say this. I haven’t done a ton of research on OL because I thought the Bills were set. But I’m under the impression that the packers need some help there. I really wanted to choose differently but after the videos I’ve seen I changed my mind. 

With the 25th pick, the Green Bay Packers select OT, Amarius Mims Georgia. 

The Tampa Bay Bucs and @H2o are on the clock. 

Very sorry for the delay. Leaving town in 2 days and I’ve been running around all day with errands before I leave 

Will someone with more knowledge about the OL tell me I made a good choice? lol. I wanted some weapons for Love first but thought against it. Was deciding between Mims and Jordan Morgan, Arizona. Actually like him a little more for now. But keep seeing that he’s potentially a OG at the next level. And couldn’t pass up Mims measurables. The guys just a monster. Hoping he stays healthy and puts it all together at the next level. 

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

Will someone with more knowledge about the OL tell me I made a good choice? lol. I wanted some weapons for Love first but thought against it. Was deciding between Mims and Jordan Morgan, Arizona. Actually like him a little more for now. But keep seeing that he’s potentially a OG at the next level. And couldn’t pass up Mims measurables. The guys just a monster. Hoping he stays healthy and puts it all together at the next level. 

I think Morgan is a legit NFL left tackle. I love his feet. So nimble and quick. He is a plug and play 10 year starter IMO. However, you took Mims.... who is definitely more boom or bust but his ceiling is as high as any tackle in this class. If he hits he is a perennial all pro type. So I can't hate on that pick. 

EDIT: but we know the Packers are picking a defensive player 😂. It's just what they do. First round picks are for QBs and defenders.

Edited by GunnerBill

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think Morgan is a legit NFL left tackle. I love his feet. So nimble and quick. He is a plug and play 10 year starter IMO. However, you took Mims.... who is definitely more boom or bust but his ceiling is as high as any tackle in this class. If he hits he is a perennial all pro type. So I can't hate on that pick. 

That’s what I was thinking. Based on the vids I watched on both I really liked the look of Morgan more. I was drafting with some hope that Mims booms rather than busts. 

I'm pretty sure @GunnerBill has brought this point up before but there have been no wrs picked since the top 4 went off the board.  Now perhaps that is because Bills fans want them to be their for the upcoming pick but I think it's realistic that after those 4 there is a lull and gap before the next wr is picked.  

Through 25 picks the breakdown is:

5 ots

4 qbs and wrs

3 dt, edge, and cb

1 te, og, and c

0 safety, lb, or rb

through 14 picks there were 12 offensive and 2 defensive players

the next 11 went 4 offensive and 7 defensive.

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

EDIT: but we know the Packers are picking a defensive player 😂. It's just what they do. First round picks are for QBs and defenders.

Thought for sure Arnold was coming off the board there.  They love their first round dbs lol.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

I'm pretty sure @GunnerBill has brought this point up before but there have been no wrs picked since the top 4 went off the board.  Now perhaps that is because Bills fans want them to be their for the upcoming pick but I think it's realistic that after those 4 there is a lull and gap before the next wr is picked.  

5 ots

4 qbs and wrs

3 dt, edge, and cb

1 te, og, and c

0 safety, lb, or rb

Seems about right, except that in the real draft, I expect Penix and/or Nix to be off the board by now. 

With the 26th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select, Graham Barton, Tackle, Duke University. 

The knee injuries that forced Ryan Jensen into retirement left a massive hole in our OL. Robert Hainsey filled in, but he really needs to be at one of the G positions. Barton has positional versatility, but is widely seen as the 2nd best Center prospect in this draft outside of JPJ. His mean streak on the field, especially in the run game, will have many people thinking Jensen is still manning the middle of the Bucs OL. 

@gonzo1105 and the Arizona Cardinals are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cardinals (Gonzo1105) are on the clock

WITH THE 27th PICK IN THE 2024 NFL DRAFT, THE ARIZONA CARDINALS SELECT: 

TERRION ARNOLD CB UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA

The Cardinals can’t believe that Arnold falls all the way to 27 in the draft. Arnold presents too good of value to pass up as well as filling a need in the Arizona secondary. Arnold is not a finished product as he has only played the position for a short time and has safety flex. Arnold had great ball production and is athletic enough to matchup in both man and zone. Arizona walks away with Harrison and Arnold in the first round 

@Virgil and the Poll for the Bills is on the clock 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

WITH THE 27th PICK IN THE 2024 NFL DRAFT, THE ARIZONA CARDINALS SELECT: 

TERRION ARNOLD CB UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA

The Cardinals can’t believe that Arnold falls all the way to 27 in the draft. Arnold presents too good of value to pass up as well as filling a need in the Arizona secondary. Arnold is not a finished product as he has only played the position for a short time and has safety flex. Arnold had great ball production and is athletic enough to matchup in both man and zone. Arizona walks away with Harrison and Arnold in the first round 

@Virgil and the Poll for the Bills is on the clock 

He was the other guy I was seriously considering. Chose to lean towards the trenches instead. :thumbsup:

Just now, H2o said:

He was the other guy I was seriously considering. Chose to lean towards the trenches instead. :thumbsup:

I have Arnold as 1B to Quinyon Mitchell. I would take Mitchell first if both are available but I believe both are top 20 picks. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I have Arnold as 1B to Quinyon Mitchell. I would take Mitchell first if both are available but I believe both are top 20 picks. 

Agreed I don't think Arnold makes it anywhere this deep. 

I think he would go over Dejean but I think the cincy gm wanted to make sure he wasn't an option for the Bills lol s/

46 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

28 minutes ago, section122 said:

Thought for sure Arnold was coming off the board there.  They love their first round dbs lol.

Admittedly I haven’t looked at CB too much either. I saw him there and see all the boards having him going anywhere from the mid 1st to end of the 1st rd. Not knowing as much about Green Bay’s roster I wasn’t sure if we needed a DB or not. I knew losing Douglas was a hole, but we made the playoffs as we were. I’m fully on a mission of getting Love protection and weapons at this point. Giving him everything I can to help him succeed. There’s a few others I want that I believe are BPA. At this spot I didn’t have anyone that really peaked me. We’ll see in the next 2 rounds. 

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Admittedly I haven’t looked at CB too much either. I saw him there and see all the boards having him going anywhere from the mid 1st to end of the 1st rd. Not knowing as much about Green Bay’s roster I wasn’t sure if we needed a DB or not. I knew losing Douglas was a hole, but we made the playoffs as we were. I’m fully on a mission of getting Love protection and weapons at this point. Giving him everything I can to help him succeed. There’s a few others I want that I believe are BPA. At this spot I didn’t have anyone that really peaked me. We’ll see in the next 2 rounds. 

Mine was more tongue in cheek as they draft a ton of first round dbs, if it was real life I think they would have a hard time saying no to the value though.

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

Mine was more tongue in cheek as they draft a ton of first round dbs, if it was real life I think they would have a hard time saying no to the value though.

Might be. And you’re probably right. But I’m at the same point with Love that I feel with Allen and the Bills. I want to surround my QB of the figure with as much help as possible. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock
3 hours ago, section122 said:

5 ots

4 qbs and wrs

3 dt, edge, and cb

1 te, og, and c

0 safety, lb, or rb

I was going to take Arnold at 23 with the Vikes, but fell asleep at the wheel this morning. 

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Might be. And you’re probably right. But I’m at the same point with Love that I feel with Allen and the Bills. I want to surround my QB of the figure with as much help as possible. 

I think that is a legit thought. But the Pack will go defense. 12 times in the last 13 years.

Well this couldn't have fallen worse for Buffalo all 3 edge rushers the 2 dts and the top 4 wrs are gone that with all the tackles and qb is pretty crazy. The only pick left is Xavier Leggette or Ladd Mckonky (?sp). I know Ladd has met with the Bills more than once to this point.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think that is a legit thought. But the Pack will go defense. 12 times in the last 13 years.

It’s a good thing for packers fans that IM RUNNING THE SHOW now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, section122 said:

Poll is here: 

It's down to ad mitchell or xavier legette.

How much longer do we wait? Seems like AD is the pick. Are you planning on a time or a specific number of votes? Just curious if this thing will get moving again tonight or not. 

34 minutes ago, mrags said:

How much longer do we wait? Seems like AD is the pick. Are you planning on a time or a specific number of votes? Just curious if this thing will get moving again tonight or not. 

Draft resume at 9a tomorrow.  I wanted to give people at work and west coast some time. 

• Like (+1) 1

With the 28th pick, the Buffalo Bills select AD Mitchell WR from texas.  

Others can chime in with their reasoning as well but Mitchell is the highest ranked wr on the board (consensus of 7 draft sites).  He has a chance to be the #1 and lands with an amazing opportunity to catch balls froma top 3 qb in the NFL.

The poll was a runaway from the start.

With the 29th pick, the detroit lions select Kool Aid McKinstry CB Alabama.

Long thoughts about chop robinson and kool aid here.  I think Chop would be a great add to the d line but ultimately the cupboard is more bare at cb.  

@Virgil and the Ravens are up

• Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The 49ers (Hermes) are on the clock

With the 30th pick in the TSW 1.0 Mock draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon.  

What some might consider the first reach of the draft, the Ravens couldn’t trade back, so they took their guy who felt wouldn’t be there in round 2.  Needing offensive line help, the recent run on big guys really hurt the Ravens, so we went position of need number 2.  Franklin fits the mold of receiver we are looking for and rounds out the attack scheme we are trying to run.  

The San Francisco 49ers are on the clock 

@Hermes

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With the 30th pick in the TSW 1.0 Mock draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon.  

What some might consider the first reach of the draft, the Ravens couldn’t trade back, so they took their guy who felt wouldn’t be there in round 2.  Needing offensive line help, the recent run on big guys really hurt the Ravens, so we went position of need number 2.  Franklin fits the mold of receiver we are looking for and rounds out the attack scheme we are trying to run.  

@Hermes

I actually think Franklin would be a solid contributor in that offense. Basically he would just be breaking off routes and looking for space when Lamar goes into his scramble drills. He was good at that while at Oregon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

@Hermes

I actually like Troy Franklin a lot. I prefer him to AD Mitchell. I voted for him in the poll. I think he's massively underrated. After the big 3 and Brian Thomas, he's probably my favorite guy this year.

I realize I'm on a small island with this opinion, and I'm fine with the draftniks telling me what an idiot I am. We'll see in time whether I'm crazy or whether my eyes are telling me the truth.

• Like (+1) 4

Was hoping @Hermes would’ve had his pick in by now-  I’m walking into a crazy day at work and I’m not sure when I’ll be able to check my phone to make the KC pick.  I’ll do my best.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Was hoping @Hermes would’ve had his pick in by now-  I’m walking into a crazy day at work and I’m not sure when I’ll be able to check my phone to make the KC pick.  I’ll do my best.

You could come up with two options that you like and DM them to Virgil or someone with a short bit of reasoning? That way if what you described happens, you can still have your pick.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

I actually like Troy Franklin a lot. I prefer him to AD Mitchell. I voted for him in the poll. I think he's massively underrated. After the big 3 and Brian Thomas, he's probably my favorite guy this year.

I realize I'm on a small island with this opinion, and I'm fine with the draftniks telling me what an idiot I am. We'll see in time whether I'm crazy or whether my eyes are telling me the truth.

I feel the same way, Franklin is my WR4 of this class. I’ve watched a lot of the WRs this year. People have posted YouTube videos of every 2023 target of Brian Thomas, AD Mitchell, Xavier Worthy, Ladd McConkey. And when you do enough digging you can find just about every snap of Franklin, Legette, Baker, Coleman, etc. I’m not a scout, but I thought Franklin was the most consistently good player across his targets who still had big time moments mixed in where his speed flashed. I’m still hoping he is a Bill in a few weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

You could come up with two options that you like and DM them to Virgil or someone with a short bit of reasoning? That way if what you described happens, you can still have your pick.

I did- 😉 

• Like (+1) 1

I have @NewErapick ready to go.  With the draft day starting at 9a officially, @Hermeshas until noon to make his pick.

However, we've started to slow down with some people, so those who take the full 3 hours may not get a full 3 hours each pick.  I want to have all 3 rounds done by Tuesday so we can get 2.0 rolling.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

I feel the same way, Franklin is my WR4 of this class. I’ve watched a lot of the WRs this year. People have posted YouTube videos of every 2023 target of Brian Thomas, AD Mitchell, Xavier Worthy, Ladd McConkey. And when you do enough digging you can find just about every snap of Franklin, Legette, Baker, Coleman, etc. I’m not a scout, but I thought Franklin was the most consistently good player across his targets who still had big time moments mixed in where his speed flashed. I’m still hoping he is a Bill in a few weeks.

Agreed. I think that what he does well is what I want in a wide receiver. He somehow is perceived to lack the "flash" and ceiling of some of the other guys in the class, but I think he's going to be a top level NFL target for a long time. Speed, quickness, route running, separation. I don't know if it's just his body size/type that people don't like or what, but I think he'll be a good one.

If the Bills aren't trading up for one of the big three or four guys, I'd love it if they took Franklin, wherever they deem it appropriate to do so, value-wise.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Agreed. I think that what he does well is what I want in a wide receiver. He somehow is perceived to lack the "flash" and ceiling of some of the other guys in the class, but I think he's going to be a top level NFL target for a long time. Speed, quickness, route running, separation. I don't know if it's just his body size/type that people don't like or what, but I think he'll be a good one.

If the Bills aren't trading up for one of the big three or four guys, I'd love it if they took Franklin, wherever they deem it appropriate to do so, value-wise.

Having watching this draft play out, I'm more on the stay put train for a receiver.  I've only just started to research the players and there are plenty of potential number 1 guys who should be there.  However, if one of the big 3 drop out of the top 10, I will trust Beane to do what he things is best

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Logic said:

Yea I think his poor combine started the slide and then people are hoping for a bigger bodied WR who can win contested catches which is not Franklins strong suit. I hope Beane is thinking Logic-ally!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LEBills said:

Yea I think his poor combine started the slide and then people are hoping for a bigger bodied WR who can win contested catches which is not Franklins strong suit. I hope Beane is thinking Logic-ally!

I just think the "bigger bodied WR who can win contested catches" is yesterday's news.

That's not how I would describe Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill, Amon-Ra St Brown, Jaylen Waddle, Devonta Smith, Garrett Wilson, Ceedee Lamb, etc, etc.

With the way the NFL rules are set up now, I think the days of needing a big, physical monster who wins jump balls as your WR1 are over. Heck, we just watched Stefon Diggs absolutely tear it up for four years in Buffalo, and he's certainly not a bigger bodied guy (though he WAS a good contested catch WR earlier on). With all of the pre-snap motions, pick plays, scheming guys open, and the contact rules being as they are for DBs, I prefer quickness and route running over size and jump ball ability.

To me, if you're winning a lot of contested catches, it means you probably don't often have much separation, hence the cornerback being there to contest the catch to begin with. Give me someone a bit smaller and quicker but who can separate better all day long.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

10 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I really like Franklin as well. I voted AD Mitchell because he is bigger, thicker, and faster. But it’s close for me and I would be happy with either. I’d be happy with Coleman or Legette because I think they both add dynamics to our offense that we don’t have. And I mentioned somewhere I am actually ok with McConkey if they plan to double dip at receiver. Whether he is just a slot or whatever I don’t really care, the bottom line is that he is going to be very good imo. 

I think the Ravens with Todd Monken coming from Georgia will draft Mitchell or McConkey. I think that’s McConkey’s floor. 

Bottom line is I think we are going to get a good player at 28, I think it just depends what flavor you want. Excluding the top 3, Brian Thomas is exactly what we need, but do we trade up that high? Mitchell and Franklin are the best fits for our offense out of the next group. Leggette and Coleman bring massive size we don’t have and McConkey would pair well with Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1