TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

11 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

About how I feel waiting for TPS to pick 

image.jpeg

Yeah, sorry about that.  I thought for sure it would start this morning.  Good thing I checked before going to bed...

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Falcons (TOBoy) are on the clock
20 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

With the 7th pick in the 2024 TSW draft 1.0, the Tennessee Titans select WR Malik Nabers, LSU

I wanted Joe Alt, and I like him a lot better than the other tackles and won’t settle here. The Titans have met with Nabers recently, and while I would consider a trade down in this spot, with Nabers there, I have to stay. The Titans have Deandre Hopkins, Calvin Ridley, and now Malik Nabers. Adding a weapon of his ability feels a bit like a luxury, however, Nabers is elite and the Titans would be crazy to pass this up. Also, Hopkins is probably only around another year. Titans also have Tony Pollard, so speed like Nabers just adds explosiveness. We are setting up our young QB for success. We still need OL and I also considered Dallas Turner here, but this is a BPA situation in my opinion. In still need a left tackle, but I have the best OL coach in the business, so we will figure it out. 

The Atlanta Falcons and @TOboy are on the clock. 

At first, I thought WR here was nuts, especially with the contract they just gave Ridley.  But you’re right, that’s a crazy receiver room and they are setting that QB up for success. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yeah, sorry about that.  I thought for sure it would start this morning.  Good thing I checked before going to bed...

Haha your fine man I just wanted to work office space I’m somehow with your name. 

• Haha (+1) 1

With the 8th pick, the Atlanta Falcons are proud to select Dallas Turner DE, Alabama. @Logic Is now on the clock. 

With the offense in good shape after adding Cousins the Falcons take a big step in rebuilding the defense, starting with the pass rush. 

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This would be a helluva draft for Bills fans.

Pats take JJ

Chargers take a RT #5 overall.

Daboll and Schoen rolling out Dimes 3 years in a row- en route to getting fired

I agree and really wanted to pull the trigger on Jayden Daniels. If the draft played out like this I think that's exactly what Schoen does as well.

I, myself however cannot take a QB this high and surround them with no support. Arguably, the biggest playmaking threat they have on offense just may be Devin Singletary. While he's a solid player....that's an issue. Robinson and Hyatt are nice pieces but haven't been consistent. Waller may retire and if he doesn't is comically overhyped at this stage of his career. 

Curious to see if the Raiders, Vikings, or Broncos try to make a move up for Daniels! 

Another question…if Daniels is there do the Jets take him? Sit him behind Rogers for two years? Daniels is a top 3 type guy. 

12 hours ago, mannc said:

I think people are going to be surprised when Drake Maye slips out of the top 3 and possibly even out of the top 10.  He has bust written all over him.

I would be really surprised if he fell out of the top 3. But one thing going against him is Chris Simms ranked him as his #6 QB in the class. Some will roll their eyes at this, but while Simms has been too high on a couple QBs (most notably Zach Wilson) I can't remember a time where he ended up being too low on a QB. He seems to have a great eye for identifying mechanical issues that will lead to limited success in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

The notion that Jayden Daniels is still on the board at this point (and Drake Maye is not) is kind of a joke... 

In reality I think someone would have traded up at this point, but it’s tough to pull off trades with the draft flying and people having lives. 

I do think it’s realistic that this drop will happen to one of the those 4 guys, but I think it is more likely to happen to Maye or McCarthy. JJ is the wildcard here because it seemed like he was a 2nd rounder and now all of a sudden people are talking about him in the top 5. I’m not sure I buy it. 

But if you believe in your ability to develop a QB, Maye in many ways is the prototype. Whether you like Maye or not, I’d bet there are 10-15 GMs who have him ahead of Daniels and there are probably like 5 guys who have him 1 ahead of Williams. It’s a pick your flavor situation imo. It happens all the time. 

I might add I was having this same debate on Herbert with people on the board a couple of years ago. He was inconsistent, but I was buying that piece of clay and I still think he’s the best QB in that class. Maye isn’t Herbert, but he has similar traits. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Curious to see if the Raiders, Vikings, or Broncos try to make a move up for Daniels! 

Another question…if Daniels is there do the Jets take him? Sit him behind Rogers for two years? Daniels is a top 3 type guy. 

I had an offer but there are no trades in this mock

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would be really surprised if he fell out of the top 3. But one thing going against him is Chris Simms ranked him as his #6 QB in the class. Some will roll their eyes at this, but while Simms has been too high on a couple QBs (most notably Zach Wilson) I can't remember a time where he ended up being too low on a QB. He seems to have a great eye for identifying mechanical issues that will lead to limited success in the NFL. 

Simms's takedown of Maye on yesterday's podcast was merciless...and he said that his opinion is not an outlier in NFL circles...he said the Josh Allen comparisons are a joke.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Simms's takedown of Maye on yesterday's podcast was merciless...and he said that his opinion is not an outlier in NFL circles...he said the Josh Allen comparisons are a joke.

Allen is a unicorn! I’m not sure if there will ever be anyone like him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Morning y'all.

I'm a west coaster, so its perdy dang early for me. Just saw that I'm on the clock.

Let me fire up a donut and a cup of coffee and I'll make my pick shortly.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Morning y'all.

I'm a west coaster, so its perdy dang early for me. Just saw that I'm on the clock.

Let me fire up a donut and a cup of coffee and I'll make my pick shortly.

East coaster but a huge Mariners fans and I feel it on the backend trying to watch games at 11pm here. I’m usually sleeping by the 5th inning. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

East coaster but a huge Mariners fans and I feel it on the backend trying to watch games at 11pm here. I’m usually sleeping by the 5th inning. 

You sure that's not just a symptom of watching Mariners baseball?

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bears (Logic) are on the clock

With the 9th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State.

After quarterback, the other position on our roster with an absolute glaring, highlighted-in-red, five-alarm need is edge rusher. Montez Sweat did wonders for us last year, but we have absolutely no one beyond him. Enter Jared Verse. His first step, closing speed, relentless energy, bend, and hand usage all point to his being an early impact player off the edge. Like the Houston Texans last year, we hope that selecting a blue chip quarterback and an impact edge rusher with our first two picks will mark a turning point for our franchise and will catapult us into instant contention.

**side note: the way this draft has played out so far was not ideal for the Bears. We liked Dallas Turner, who went right before this pick. We also would've had a hard time saying no to Rome Odunze, even though WR is less of a "need" than EDGE, simply because Odunze is higher on our board. Lastly, we would heavily consider trading down for more picks -- we don't have any in the 2nd round and want to build around Caleb Williams -- but trades are not allowed in this mock. Verse isn't a bad consolation prize, though.**

@PastaJoe and the New Jersey Just-End-The-Seasons are now on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Jets (PastaJoe) are on the clock
2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Jets would be insane to pass on Jayden Daniels here…

Yes and no. From a long term franchise perspective...sure, absolutely agree.

Strong feeling is that the current staff has been given the "playoffs now or else" ultimatum. Spending a high 1st on a pick that won't likely help that goal may just cost Saleh/Douglas their job. They need impact players this year for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yes and no. From a long term franchise perspective...sure, absolutely agree.

Strong feeling is that the current staff has been given the "playoffs now or else" ultimatum. Spending a high 1st on a pick that won't likely help that goal may just cost Saleh/Douglas their job. They need impact players this year for sure. 

I agree with @mannc that Daniels would be the best pick for the Jets, and also agree with you that it doesn't make sense for the current regime in charge.

That's never good for a franchise: When what's best for the team doesn't mesh with what's best for the men in charge.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

I agree with @mannc that Daniels would be the best pick for the Jets, and also agree with you that it doesn't make sense for the current regime in charge.

That's never good for a franchise: When what's best for the team doesn't mesh with what's best for the men in charge.

I mean, is a rookie offensive tackle going to get them over the hump this year???

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

I mean, is a rookie offensive tackle going to get them over the hump this year???

Protecting a 40+ year old QB coming off a torn achilles certainly seems like a more prudent short term move (which is how Saleh and Douglas are probably thinking right now -- short term) than drafting a QB who may not play for another season or two.

Douglas and Saleh's best chance at saving their jobs is to have a winning season. The best chance for THAT to happen would come from Rodgers staying upright and performing well. The best chance for THAT to happen would be to get him the best possible offensive line and weaponry. 

That's how my mind thinks about it, anyway. I do agree with you, as I said, that what's best for the Jets in the long term would be to draft Daniels, but unfortunately for them, they have men in charge who may not be thinking as much about the long term, because they realize they may not be around long enough to see it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I agree and really wanted to pull the trigger on Jayden Daniels. If the draft played out like this I think that's exactly what Schoen does as well.

I, myself however cannot take a QB this high and surround them with no support. Arguably, the biggest playmaking threat they have on offense just may be Devin Singletary. While he's a solid player....that's an issue. Robinson and Hyatt are nice pieces but haven't been consistent. Waller may retire and if he doesn't is comically overhyped at this stage of his career. 

Oh I hear ya.  If Daniels was off the board, I think they should go the WR route.  The Gmen playmaker cupboard is bare.  Maybe the worst in the nfl.  And I agree that it sucks to take a QB and surround him with nothing, but i don’t see how they could possibly pass on Daniels if he falls

into their laps.  It would be hilarious if they got fired after 3 seasons because they hitched their trailer to Dimes every season. 

51 minutes ago, Logic said:

Protecting a 40+ year old QB coming off a torn achilles certainly seems like a more prudent short term move (which is how Saleh and Douglas are probably thinking right now -- short term) than drafting a QB who may not play for another season or two.

Douglas and Saleh's best chance at saving their jobs is to have a winning season. The best chance for THAT to happen would come from Rodgers staying upright and performing well. The best chance for THAT to happen would be to get him the best possible offensive line and weaponry. 

That's how my mind thinks about it, anyway. I do agree with you, as I said, that what's best for the Jets in the long term would be to draft Daniels, but unfortunately for them, they have men in charge who may not be thinking as much about the long term, because they realize they may not be around long enough to see it.

I think a QB to backup Rodgers could be more valuable in 2024 than an OT.  They signed Tyron Smith for 20M and traded for Morgan Moses.  All depends who gets hurt first, Rodgers or Smith. AR lasted 4 plays last year.  

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think a QB to backup Rodgers could be more valuable in 2024 than an OT.  They signed Tyron Smith for 20M and traded for Morgan Moses.  All depends who gets hurt first, Rodgers or Smith. AR lasted 4 plays last year.  

Yeah. I think they feel like they have that now in Tyrod Taylor. I'm not saying I agree with them, and it certainly seems like Jayden Daniels would probably be an upgrade over Tyrod. But I think they have faith in Tyrod as backup, and will go after more of an "instant impact" player.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

With the 7th pick in the 2024 TSW draft 1.0, the Tennessee Titans select WR Malik Nabers, LSU

I wanted Joe Alt, and I like him a lot better than the other tackles and won’t settle here. The Titans have met with Nabers recently, and while I would consider a trade down in this spot, with Nabers there, I have to stay. The Titans have Deandre Hopkins, Calvin Ridley, and now Malik Nabers. Adding a weapon of his ability feels a bit like a luxury, however, Nabers is elite and the Titans would be crazy to pass this up. Also, Hopkins is probably only around another year. Titans also have Tony Pollard, so speed like Nabers just adds explosiveness. We are setting up our young QB for success. We still need OL and I also considered Dallas Turner here, but this is a BPA situation in my opinion. In still need a left tackle, but I have the best OL coach in the business, so we will figure it out. 

The Atlanta Falcons and @TOboy are on the clock. 

Talent wise, this would be a great pic and I get why you made it.  However, I just have a hard time accepting the Titans will go WR here anymore after spending big on Ridley.  There is a lot of talent in this spot at major areas of need for them and Titans aren’t a team in position to make luxury pick here IMHO.  

In fact, my personal feeling is that I think they spent the money on Ridley so they could go another direction here in the draft.  

Obviously he is worthy of this selection, just don’t see it anymore after signing Ridley.  

But that’s just my 2 cents, who knows Titans may see it different and want to stack the WR room.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Jets would be insane to pass on Jayden Daniels here…fortunately, they’ll never get the chance IRL…

I think it’s a sure bet that 4 QBs going top 10 and might even be the first 4 picks in the draft because Minnesota is clearly positioning themselves to trade up for a QB starting as early as the 4th pick and on.  

And if I am the Cardinals I would trade down easily and still land one of the top WRs while picking up a lot of premium draft capital.  

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah. I think they feel like they have that now in Tyrod Taylor. I'm not saying I agree with them, and it certainly seems like Jayden Daniels would probably be an upgrade over Tyrod. But I think they have faith in Tyrod as backup, and will go after more of an "instant impact" player.

I agree. It’s just a stupid move.  If Daniels is on the board at 10, I would think Woody and co would have to step in and make an executive decision. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With 2nd overall pick, the Washington Commanders select:  Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina  

CLICK FOR HIGHLIGHTS

While its been no secret he is our guy, we are excited to officially make Drake a member of the Washington Commanders and the foundation of our future.  We couldn't be more excited to add a QB with all the size and physical gifts you could want in an NFL franchise QB.  We are enamored with his big arm and accuracy allowing him to make any throw at any given time on the field.  We know the staff and players are excited to get out there and start working with Drake.  While we believe he can come in and compete now, he will still have to show it and earn it on the field just like everyone else.  

@TPS and the New England Cheatriorts are now on the clock.

#1 QB in the class, and one of two 1st round prospects IMO. Drives me nuts that he might fall to the Patriots in real life and at the expense of my local team too. I really hope this is how it plays out in reality.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree. It’s just a stupid move.  If Daniels is on the board at 10, I would think Woody and co would have to step in and make an executive decision. 

Agreed. I maintain that it's a moot point, because Daniels is going to Washington at 2.

The selection of Kliff Kingsbury as OC, the signing of Mariota as backup QB...everything points to a certain kind of RPO, movement, and spread system that they want to run, and Jayden Daniels is the man to run it.

Williams to the Bears and Daniels to the Commanders are picks I'd feel comfortable writing in permanent marker right now, and betting real money on. Beyond that, it's all a crapshoot.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Question also becomes...how do they sell that idea to Rodgers? Would he be happy his eventual replacement is drafted rather than something that could help him in the short term? And what kind of say so are they allowing him to have in the draft process?

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Question also becomes...how do they sell that idea to Rodgers? Would he be happy his eventual replacement is drafted rather than something that could help him in the short term? And what kind of say so are they allowing him to have in the draft process?

Let’s be honest, Rodgers didn’t go to the Jets to win lol, that would be your last choice, that 100 million will keep his 40 yr old broken down *ss happy.

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Talent wise, this would be a great pic and I get why you made it.  However, I just have a hard time accepting the Titans will go WR here anymore after spending big on Ridley.  There is a lot of talent in this spot at major areas of need for them and Titans aren’t a team in position to make luxury pick here IMHO.  

In fact, my personal feeling is that I think they spent the money on Ridley so they could go another direction here in the draft.  

Obviously he is worthy of this selection, just don’t see it anymore after signing Ridley.  

But that’s just my 2 cents, who knows Titans may see it different and want to stack the WR room.

I think if Alt is gone, it’s either gonna be WR or edge. Hopkins has just the one year left so this is a long term play. I don’t think Latham is the choice here. For me it was between Nabers or Turner and I just think Nabers is the better prospect.