The criticism of Josh Allen

by the media and non-Bills fans seems to be the trend this offseason. He’s getting the label of a guy that can’t and never will get it done. A “poor man’s Roethlisberger” or Phillip Rivers (who I think he’s already surpassed in 6 years.) Guys like Lamar Jackson get flack, but the flat out hating of Allen has been absolutely ridiculous lately and it’s everywhere, I’m not really bothered by it, I’m just wondering where it’s all coming from? Ignorance and sheep mentality? Whether he sniffs a SB in his life time or not, he’s going to be a HOFer on pure numbers alone. 

I’ve watched every one of his games as most of us have and he’s clearly not the problem. The turnover stat is so overblown and is on par w/ most of the top QBs in the league. 78 picks to Mahomes 63 over 6 years. That’s 2.5 more interceptions per season than Mahomes if you average it out. Not really that much in a 17 game span and most of them don’t usually affect the outcome of the game as the Bills have one of the best regular season records in the NFL since Allen was drafted. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

Most national media has dated, simplistic narratives because they don't pay close enough attention.

And yeah, their narrative is that Josh gets hyper and crazy when the pressure is highest--it got formed by stuff like the Houston playoff game. 

It will stick until Josh beats Mahomes or Burrow in the playoffs, or gets to a Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

A lot of people picked the Bills to win it all the past couple of seasons and now they look stupid. Similar with Dallas and Dak. People have jumped ship and now they have become critics. They are on to the next click bait team (Texans are quite popular these days)

• Agree 4

Where is all this negative talk about Josh?   I haven't heard it, but I don't watch or listen to many of the sports shows. 

I've said over and over here that Josh needs to get better.  For all his extraordinary talents, what wins in the NFL is consistent execution of the play that is called, with the right choices and with accurate throws.   Mahomes and Burrows both are better than Josh in that category.  Where Josh excels is on the six to ten plays where things break down and you need someone to make a play.  Josh is outstanding then.  It's the other plays where he needs to be better. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 18
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Where is all this negative talk about Josh?   I haven't heard it, but I don't watch or listen to many of the sports shows. 

I've said over and over here that Josh needs to get better.  For all his extraordinary talents, what wins in the NFL is consistent execution of the play that is called, with the right choices and with accurate throws.   Mahomes and Burrows both are better than Josh in that category.  Where Josh excels is on the six to ten plays where things break down and you need someone to make a play.  Josh is outstanding then.  It's the other plays where he needs to be better. 

pffft.. this from a guy who thinks trading Lamonica for Art Powell was a good idea. wtf has Burrows done? smfh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

pffft.. this from a guy who thinks trading Lamonica for Art Powell was a good idea. wtf has Burrows done? smfh

What's he done?

Well, he's beaten Josh Allen in the playoffs. 

His career passer rating is 6 percentage points higher.  6!   He has better completion percentage, yards per attempt, and fewer interceptions.   

Other than that, he hasn't done anything. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

What's he done?

Well, he's beaten Josh Allen in the playoffs. 

His career passer rating is 6 percentage points higher.  6!   He has better completion percentage, yards per attempt, and fewer interceptions.   

Other than that, he hasn't done anything. 

Burrow has beaten KC/Mahomes in the playoffs too. And he made it to a Super Bowl. 

I haven’t heard any big uproar of criticism of Allen this offseason either. Do people say that he (and the Bills and McDermott) can’t get it done in the playoffs? Absolutely yes. That shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone since, you know, they haven’t gotten it done in the playoffs. People said the same thing about Peyton Manning until he won his first. There’s only one way to change that narrative - Allen, McDermott and the rest of the Bills need to get it done. Until then, the existing narrative will only grow louder and stronger. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Don’t even think it’s just media and non-Bills fans…

Theres some of our fans who share this delusional notion that Josh can’t get it done. 

Josh is more than capable of winning a SB. All you have to do is look at his post season statistics in his career. Winning a Lombardi is a team accomplishment. And that accomplishment of not getting it done so far certainly doesn’t fall at the feet of the guy who is at least 50% of the reason we’ve had any success

Go Josh! go Bills!

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Most national media has dated, simplistic narratives because they don't pay close enough attention.

And yeah, their narrative is that Josh gets hyper and crazy when the pressure is highest--it got formed by stuff like the Houston playoff game. 

It will stick until Josh beats Mahomes or Burrow in the playoffs, or gets to a Super Bowl. 

The irony being it's when the pressure is at it's highest Josh plays at his best. I'd argue his worst performances since becoming elite have been against the weaker sides.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

All or most of what you have said was proven last season in the MVP voting, Josh dwarfed every one else in the running when it came to his stats then when he went on a 6 game winning streak from the middle of the season to go from the 11th seed to #2 & the AFC east Champs but he wasn't the MVP .

🙄 Okay we'll go with that ... What else should we expect we are Bills fans after all right ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh is a stud at QB. He is top 5 no doubt.

But the "other" fans in the NFL think he is rough around the edges. His accuracy shows, at times, that he is inconsistent which we all see. He can't hit the long ball with "touch" is another comment I hear a lot. And he doesn't see the field as well as other top QB's, hence the missed open WR's we see in many games. But he can ball! And I'll take that all day.

Now just win one baby!