One month out, who are Your Guys in the draft?

Logic

There's a tradition amongst draftniks to plant their flags and declare Their Guys for draft season. I figured we could use a thread to that effect.

This is the place to tell us: Who are Your Guys this year and why? You certainly CAN name guys like Marvin Harrison Jr or Caleb Williams, but it's not exactly going out on a limb to declare your confidence in consensus top five prospects. Instead, I'm more interested to know of that late round gem WR or day two small school prospect that you're just sure is gonna be a steal.

Anyway...you've scoured the game tape, you've read the scouting reports, you've seen the RAS scores and combine results. Who are Your Guys for the 2024 NFL Draft?

Early round guys: 

Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo 

Ladd McConkey WR Georgia

Braden Fiske DT Florida State

Kiran Amegadjie OT Yale( might slip due to injuries) 

Mid Round Guys:

Tez Walker WR UNC

Tyler Davis DT Clemson

Ray Davis RB Kentucky 

Christian Mahogany OG Boston College

Jarrion Jones CB FSU 

Late Round: 

JT Clark WR UTSA

Kedon Slovis QB BYU

Mason McCormick OG SDSU 

Cody Schrader RB Missouri 

Jaxon Janke WR SDSU

There are more but those are my fav guys 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Luke McCaffrey in mid-rounds. I think he can / will play right away, develop a little bit and then will be a very good, if not a stud.

I just don't see it in him. I don't see a player that can separate with consistency. 

Here's some of my guys I want to see the Bills draft. Not in any particular order.

Wr- AD Mitch 1st

Wr- X Leggette 1st/2nd

Wr- X Worthy 1st/2nd

Wr- Malik Washington 3rd meaning trade up or 4th 

DT- K Jenkins 2nd 

DT- B Fiske 2nd 

DE - M Kneeland 4th 

DE- M Kamara 4th 

SS - J Williams 4th 

FS- J Bullard 2nd/3rd

FS- C Kitchens 2nd 

• Like (+1) 1

I used to care about the draft a lot more when we sucked and needed a QB. It was like our superbowl. These days, I just let it happen and then get acquainted with the guys the Bills draft. Life is easy.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Day 1:

Xavier Legette - Been the WR I wanted since early in this process, even before the Playoffs started. I know Steve Smith said DK, but I think more AJ Brown.

Brian Thomas - I think he's more than just a burner. I actually think he's got some Devante Adams to his game. 

Cooper DeJean - I think the guy is an All-Pro just waiting to happen. 

Graham Barton - Most versatile OL'man in the draft imo. I think he's a high level starter from day 1. 

Day 2: 

T'Vondre Sweat - Truly one of my favorite players in the draft. The LB's from whatever team drafts him will LOVE this guy. Opposing OL's will HATE him.

Bo Nix - Say what you will, but I think Nix goes to have a Derek Carr-esque career as a QB drafted in the 2nd. 

Khyree Jackson - I think the system matters and I believe he would be an excellent CB in a Zone scheme like we play. 

Day 3:

Audric Estime - He didn't time well in the 40 (that's why I think he goes early 4th now), but he's a monster with play speed that sneaks up on you. 

Marist Liufau - Another ND product, this one at LB. He flies all over the field and loves to hit people. 

Luke McCaffrey - I just think it's in the blood lines. I think he turns into a serviceable WR ala Brandon Stokley. That's who he reminds me of. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Rd 1.  Chop Robinson, Brian Thomas Jr, Xavier Worthy Johnson Powers

Rd 2. Ruke Orhorhoro, Kris Jenkins, Khyree Jackson, Roman Wilson, Xavier Leggette 

Later Vaki, Elijah Jones, Rice, Coleman, Lemmioux

• Like (+1) 2

I'm doing this as just guys I like in the class and am really high on (probably higher than the consensus in some cases) rather than as fits for the Bills. Some are, some aren't and the days are where I have them graded more than where I think they go in some cases. 

Round 1 

Quinyon Mitchell

Johnny Newton

Xavier Legette

Jordan Morgan

Day 2

Braden Fiske

Christian Haynes

Jaylen Wright

Javon Baker

Dadrion Taylor-Demerson

Day 3 (more to come on these guys when I do my sleepers thread)

Elijah Jones

Deantre Prince

Jalyx Hunt

Darius Muasau

Roger Rosengarten

Cornelius Johnson

Tip Reiman

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If you haven't read up on Elijah Jones, CB from BC... he definitely fits the McD defense and late round potential to make an impact... 6'2",  42"vert, 131"broadjump, 4.44 40yd... excels playing zone. All ACC  1st team

And David White Jr., WR... looked un-pressable in the East-West and Hula bowl, and constantly got separation off the line, and breaking his routes. I've seen reports saying he's anywhere from 6'2" to 6'4". But a guy that tall that can get separation on corners out of his breaks is impressive. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm doing this as just guys I like in the class and am really high on (probably higher than the consensus in some cases) rather than as fits for the Bills. Some are, some aren't and the days are where I have them graded more than where I think they go in some cases. 

Round 1 

Quinyon Mitchell

Johnny Newton

Xavier Legette

Jordan Morgan

Day 2

Braden Fiske

Christian Haynes

Jaylen Wright

Javon Baker

Dadrion Taylor-Demerson

Day 3 (more to come on these guys when I do my sleepers thread)

Elijah Jones

Deantre Prince

Jalyx Hunt

Darius Muasau

Roger Rosengarten

Cornelius Johnson

Tip Reiman

I like your list without rehashing, glad we agree on a couple. My only guy I think we differ on is Roger Rosengarten. I almost slide him into round 2 of my last mock and think he goes somewhere on Day 2 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

I like your list without rehashing, glad we agree on a couple. My only guy I think we differ on is Roger Rosengarten. I almost slide him into round 2 of my last mock and think he goes somewhere on Day 2 

I could certainly see that. In a weaker class I think he'd be a cert for day 2. He is above the other more popular names in the tier for me the Foster, Goncalves, Fisher types who have been talked about in the same area of the draft. I have a 4th on Roger but I wouldn't hate on any team taking him in the third. Technically good, played in big games, elite athleticism at the position. It is just size really that is the knock. He will fall for teams who are very rigid on their parameters for tackles. Maybe some thing he can slide into guard?

• Like (+1) 1

Troy Franklin is my WR4 after the normal top 3 receivers

i think if someone takes Byron Murphy ahead of Johnny Newton they are going to regret it.

Payton Wilson is the most fun LB to watch in this draft but Nathaniel Watson will be the biggest bargain

Chris Abrams-Draine is small but looked good in reps against Nabers and Legette

Give me Mo Komara and Marcus Harris on day 3