NFL announces Global Marketing rights.

Gregg

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The Browns randomly being given Nigeria is amusing to me 

Not random at all… Njoku is 2nd generation Nigerian to a Nigerian chief. After all the humanitarian work he’s done in that country since being drafted he was given chieftaincy in his own right.

Piggybacking off that, Philly and Ghana aren’t that random either when you factor in that they held a developmental camp in Ghana a few years back.
Also looking into that connection more, apparently on top of that camp they had Stephen Appiah; former Ghana national football team captain announce a pick for them in last years draft which turned out to be African Moro Ojomo. Strong ties. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 2

I am genuinely curious as to why the Bills aren't a part of this. Has anyone asked Brandon Beane or whomever might yield an informed response?

My instinct tells me that the Bills, by virtue of their proximity to Canada, are considered to naturally/automatically have Canada as their "international" market. But that's completely an assumption, and admittedly not the most well-reasoned assumption at that.

Does anyone have any legitimate insight into why the Bills aren't a part of this? It seems like they could use all the help and extra attention and income they can get.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I am genuinely curious as to why the Bills aren't a part of this. Has anyone asked Brandon Beane or whomever might yield an informed response?

My instinct tells me that the Bills, by virtue of their proximity to Canada, are considered to naturally/automatically have Canada as their "international" market. But that's completely an assumption, and admittedly not the most well-reasoned assumption at that.

Does anyone have any legitimate insight into why the Bills aren't a part of this? It seems like they could use all the help and extra attention and income they can get.

As @K-9 would say......."Would they like to have global marketing rights to the entire planet?   Sure."   But of all NFL teams we still have the largest confirmed stockpile of nuclear weapons in areas we are most beloved.  And Canada too.   

feaa1fedc4d0cefb00599e6c20d1dbf7-81f4ff0

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As @K-9 would say......."Would they like to have global marketing rights to the entire planet?   Sure."   But of all NFL teams we still have the largest confirmed stockpile of nuclear weapons in areas we are most beloved.  And Canada too.   

we are in on Egypt…no denial there..

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

if this was the game of RISK.....i like tampa's position......lol

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How are we not Canada's team?

I used to work in Canada from Winnipeg to Nova Scotia.

Western Canada has a lot of Seahawks and Packers fans.  

Some Detroit fans in Windsor as well. Saw groups of Saints fans in Hull and Quebec.

I was in bar in Nova Scotia  and there was a fan of New England there and he was constantly bashed by other fans there.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Logic said:

Piggy backing on the COO thread this is likely where the football side and business side part ways. You’d have to ask Terry.