PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

1 hour ago, Mango said:

There was some complaint about the 10 year length on the PSL's up thread. That likely coincides with right around Josh Allen's retirement. I would assume that is by design once the market resets? 

Based on the Sabres, the terrible upkeep of KBC, and Pegula pulling out of Blue Cross Arena lease in Rochester, I have every expectation that he becomes a bad tennant and the team tanks. He will want to stick his hand in the honey jar one more time before that happens. 

The 10 years is the finance loan you can get to pay off the PSL, the PSL contract is good for 30 years.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I just got an email from my Season Ticket Rep on whether I wanted strictly electronic tickets or the Season Ticket Debit Card they offer as an option.  I always elect for the Season Ticket card but there's a caveat this year where if you select that option(first time this is a thing) there is a $15 charge that comes with it.  I mean $15 is whatever but yet again there's a principal involved here where they are continuing to find every way possible to squeeze more money out of the fans.  Guess they still aren't happy enough with all the extra $$$$$ they are making from these PSL's🤣🤣

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am glad my time of being a ticket holder is coming to an end soon 

1 hour ago, loyal2dagame said:

They charged last year for the card also.  You might have missed it but it was $10 per card.

It’s actually a mandate by the NFL to go to cardless, paperless tickets. It actually started before Covid. The year before Covid my buddy and I went on a tour of the clubs when we were purchasing and our rep told us the NFL is going that route. It helps crack down on scalpers and fake tickets. Notice I didn’t say brokers. Because the NFL is perfectly ok with them doing what they’re doing. Anyway, you could still get cards, or even paper tickets but you had to ask for them. I imagined at some point you would have to pay extra for them as well. Which is now the case. I think you can still get paper tickets also, but last I checked it was an extra $4/ticket. 

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Then you are either charging too much or are in the wrong section. My night games sold like hot-cakes. I kicked myself for not pricing them higher because they were gone so quickly.

NOTE: The exception to this is Thursday night games. Those suck.

I do watch some other STH's on Ticketmaster just sit on their tickets though. And it's almost always because they have them priced at something stupid like $700 per ticket. Of course they aren't selling at that price.

Haven’t you stated in this thread multiple times that you are no longer a STH? When was the last time you sold night games? Because I did last year and I can tell you I had a hard time selling 1 night game. Lost money on one playoff game. Didn’t even get what I paid for them, and barely covered the other playoff game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

It’s actually a mandate by the NFL to go to cardless, paperless tickets. It actually started before Covid. The year before Covid my buddy and I went on a tour of the clubs when we were purchasing and our rep told us the NFL is going that route. It helps crack down on scalpers and fake tickets. Notice I didn’t say brokers. Because the NFL is perfectly ok with them doing what they’re doing. Anyway, you could still get cards, or even paper tickets but you had to ask for them. I imagined at some point you would have to pay extra for them as well. Which is now the case. I think you can still get paper tickets also, but last I checked it was an extra $4/ticket. 

I brought my brother in laws to the Eagles/Bills game back in 2019, and to make things easy I asked for paper tickets, having the mobile tickets as a backup, so I wouldn't need to get scanned seven times to get them in.  I believe it was $4/ticket back then to get paper.  

Just now, Just Jack said:

I brought my brother in laws to the Eagles/Bills game back in 2019, and to make things easy I asked for paper tickets, having the mobile tickets as a backup, so I wouldn't need to get scanned seven times to get them in.  I believe it was $4/ticket back then to get paper.  

Ok. So it’s most likely $6-10/tix now. I knew that was the case tho. Because we asked. 

again, it’s not the Bills doing it, it’s the NFL. The entire league is going that route. Maybe they all haven’t yet, but they will in time. 

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If a person takes home $9,400 a month, with that $3,000 ticket, he still has $6,400 a month to live off of.  

A guy that takes home $3,200 a month, that $1,100 hurts him a lot more.  That's only $2,100 leftover.  Mortgage/Rent, groceries, utilities, car payments, general family every day costs....yeah that guy isn't buying $1,100 tickets.  

It's pretty ridiculous.  

Families making $22.00 an hour aren't buying $1,100 tickets and it doesn't make up the vast majority of the stadium lol.

I'm not sure about you guys but I have to buy Health Insurance from my company which is pretty pricey.

I also put a good percentage towards my 401K as well.

This is all before I even get my check.

Don't you all have kids to send to college too ?

I'm afraid the numbers just don't add up

6 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I'm not sure about you guys but I have to buy Health Insurance from my company which is pretty pricey.

This is all before I even get my check.

I'm afraid the numbers just don't add up

It doesn't add up.  Groceries for a family of four probably averages $500-$600 a month.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

When was the last time you sold night games? Because I did last year and I can tell you I had a hard time selling 1 night game. Lost money on one playoff game. Didn’t even get what I paid for them, and barely covered the other playoff game. 

Titans game where we smashed them.

What price did you set the tickets at?

26 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The vast majority do not do either of these things. You're falling into the trap of "I do these things, therefore others do as well". It's an easy trap to fall into.

There was a study done last year that showed that more than half of America has ZERO saved for retirement. Literally 0. Nothing. Zip. Nada.

And they certainly are not saving for college education either.

My good friend worked for a car dealership. He would often tell stories of people on welfare and food stamps that would arrive and request to test drive a vehicle with a $500 per month payment. Sometimes he even got them approved (I believe with some smudging of numbers). They happily drove off.

People have no problem spending $89 per month for Bills seasons.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The vast majority do not do either of these things. You're falling into the trap of "I do these things, therefore others do as well". It's an easy trap to fall into.

There was a study done last year that showed that more than half of America has ZERO saved for retirement. Literally 0. Nothing. Zip. Nada.

And they certainly are not saving for college education either.

My good friend worked for a car dealership. He would often tell stories of people on welfare and food stamps that would arrive and request to test drive a vehicle with a $500 per month payment. Sometimes he even got them approved (I believe with some smudging of numbers). They happily drove off.

People have no problem spending $89 per month for Bills seasons.

That's because more than 50% of the people in this country make $50,000 or less and they don't have enough disposable income.

Because of every day family expenses and cost of living. 

The majority of the Bills seasons ticket holders are not making $22.00 an hour and paying $1,100 PER ticket. 

30 minutes ago, Einstein said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you kidding me dude? Your really going to argue that selling your tickets to the season opener, the year after we lost in the .13 game, the year we signed Von Miller, the year that every single media outlet had us as the front runner for the years AFC Super Bowl contender, which happened to be a night game. And you want to tell me you didn’t lose money on those tickets? Yeah….. NO CHIT!!!!

you are absolutely crazy dude. I can no longer read a single thing you ever write and take you with seriousness at all in any way shape or form. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, mrags said:

are you kidding me dude? Your really going to argue that selling your tickets to the season opener, the year after we lost in the .13 game, the year we signed Von Miller, the year that every single media outlet had us as the front runner for the years AFC Super Bowl contender, which happened to be a night game. And you want to tell me you didn’t lose money on those tickets? Yeah….. NO CHIT!!!!

you are absolutely crazy dude. I can no longer read a single thing you ever write and take you with seriousness at all in any way shape or form. 

It took you long enough! 🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 5

26 minutes ago, mrags said:

That was a night game, right?

7 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

It took you long enough! 🤣🤣

Well. I try to give people I’ve never met before the benefit of the doubt. For all I know he’s a big rig for Ticketmaster and knows specifics on resale values. Now I just see he’s living in his own delusional world. Where personal experiences from 2+ years ago aren’t factual in any way shape/form. 

Just now, Einstein said:

That was a night game, right?

Dude. Just stop. Opening day. Your insane. Just stop. 

try it now with a Monday night game in October and tell me how you do. 

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Let me guess - December dosn't count either.

tckmaster.jpg

Just stop. Now you’re talking about the year before that? The first real playoff game in the stadium because Covid robbed us from the Colts game (I was at) and the Baltimore game. 

just stop guy. Making yourself look even more ridiculous with every post. 

Leave this thread and find something that you know to argue about. 

Edited by mrags

Just now, mrags said:

The first real playoff game in the stadium because Covid robbed us from the Colts game (and high I was at) and the Baltimore game. 

Playoff games aren't played in December...

That was a game played when we were 7-5, coming off 3 losses in our last 5 games. 

Just now, Einstein said:

Playoff games aren't played in December...

That was a game played when we were 7-5, coming off 3 losses in our last 5 games. 

Read what I typed again. And then think about your existence. 

Just now, mrags said:

Read what I typed again. And then think about your existence. 

Trust me - I totally get it. Only games you deem as non-worthy night games count for your blanket rule of "night games don't sell well".

September doesn't count. December doesn't count. Playoff games don't count (although you previously said that playoff games don't sell well). I could post 3 more examples and it wouldnt matter.

Just now, Einstein said:

Trust me - I totally get it. Only games you deem as non-worthy night games count for your blanket rule of "night games don't sell well".

September doesn't count. December doesn't count. Playoff games don't count (although you previously said that playoff games don't sell well). I could post 3 more examples and it wouldnt matter.

Sure. Go ahead and post 3 more playoff games from the 90s bills and tell me how well you did on resale for those games. 

you’ve recently stated you haven’t had tickets in a while. Then you said the last game you sold was the Titans game 2 seasons ago. Then the first playoff game at home in front of a full crowd in 20 years. 

just stop. Post about something you actually have knowledge of. 

I sold 6 regular season games last year and 2 playoff games. I made money overall. I made money on all regular season games. And lost money on 1 playoff games. But you’re arguing so many different things you can’t even remember what your original point was. Hell, no one else can because you keep flip flopping back and forth. First you talk about how little money people have and how we can’t afford PSLs but then talk about how well resale is. When you haven’t even done it in 2+ years. But your next post will be to point out that the majority of fans in the area live in mom’s basement and flip burgers for $15/hr and cannot afford tix. But yet the stadium is sold out every game, and there’s a 7k person waiting list. 

JUST STOP ALREADY. EVERYONE IS SICK OF HEARING IT OVER AND OVER. 

and that means a lot coming from me because everyone here loves me so much. 

• Haha (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, mrags said:

Sure. Go ahead and post 3 more playoff games from the 90s bills and tell me how well you did on resale for those games.

In your mind, a 1990's Bills Playoff game = Regular season game in December after the team had lost 3 of our last 5 games? It was a regular season December game. Not a playoff game. 

I don't see the correlation.

I’m sorry that you mispriced your tickets for night games.

First you talk about how little money people have and how we can’t afford PSLs but then talk about how well resale is. When you haven’t even done it in 2+ years. But your next post will be to point out that the majority of fans in the area live in mom’s basement and flip burgers for $15/hr and cannot afford tix. But yet the stadium is sold out every game, and there’s a 7k person waiting list. 

I never said you can't afford PSL's - I said PSL's will sell at a lower percentage rate as the team moves on to areas where fans with less income typically sit. In a completely separate conversation I spoke about how night games sold well. Those were two separate conversations not meant to be correlated.

Your inability to follow the conversation is not my fault. To be honest, I think what is actually happening is that you are taking my analysis of the PSL situation to heart, as a personal affront to you. I assure you that it wasn't meant that way. I'm not judging your decision to purchase. Not at all. 

I didn't intend to hurt your feelings. I simply give my thoughts and that's it. You have every right to purchase a PSL and enjoy it. I hope you do. You can ignore me if you'd like - I wont take offense.

Edited by Einstein

18 minutes ago, Einstein said:

In your mind, a 1990's Bills Playoff game = Regular season game in December after the team had lost 3 of our last 5 games?

I don't see the correlation.

It was a regular season December game. Not a playoff game. 

I never said you can't afford PSL's - I said PSL's will sell at a lower percentage rate as the team moves on to areas where fans with less income typically sit. In a completely separate conversation I spoke about how night games sold well. I'm not sure why you equate that to the PSL talk. 

Your inability to follow the conversation is not my fault. To be honest, I think what is actually happening is that you are taking my analysis of the PSL situation to heart, as a personal affront to you. I assure you that it wasn't meant that way. I'm not judging your decision to purchase. Not at all. 

I didn't intend to hurt your feelings. I simply give my thoughts and that's it. You have every right to purchase a PSL and enjoy it. I hope you do. You can ignore me if you'd like - I wont take offense.

Yeah I never took anything personal at all from you about your ongoing opinion of whatever you tho know going to happen or has happened. 

I am simply stating that you are all over the place which I imagine everyone else in this thread can attest to that. Although I think it’s funny that you said “In a completely separate conversation I spoke about how night games sold well” which is what I was replying to in the first place. But I brought it up because you do know that you replying in a thread titled “PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion” right? 

I have no problem affording my tickets. I’ve upgraded and spent more on my tickets in each of the last 2 years. And for the record I haven’t stated if I am or am not going to renew for the new stadium. 

I have no need to block you as I find it funny with all the arguments you have going with just about everyone on the board. Yet everyone else is wrong. Got it. 

again, on the selling of night games. I sold 6 regular home games last season. And 2 playoff games. I can vouch for the fact that the night games I sold JUST LAST YEAR, not 2 and 3 years ago. Did not do as well as you think. Maybe when you last had tickets, the thought of night games was a cool and popular thing. But when the team has more night games at home than 1pm games, it loses its luster. I and many others that actually have season tickets and have had them for a long time, and have had them as recently as last year can vouch for that. You however want to argue that the opening day of the season which happened to be a night game, and a playoff game which was the first playoff game with full attendance in 20 years were great for your resale. Great. We all knew that here. Now get season tickets this year, and try and sell a meaningless night game against the Jaguars, in October, and tell me how you did. Until then, keep your opinions to yourself. Adults with knowledge of the situation are taking here. 

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Einstein said:

So section 212, Pepsi Club, tickets this year in that section are about $380/game/seat, even counting for the increase in prices since 2021, you made a little profit for that game, not an outrageous amount.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, mrags said:

you’ve recently stated you haven’t had tickets in a while. Then you said the last game you sold was the Titans game 2 seasons ago. Then the first playoff game at home in front of a full crowd in 20 years. 

just stop. Post about something you actually have knowledge of. 

I sold 6 regular season games last year and 2 playoff games. I made money overall. I made money on all regular season games. And lost money on 1 playoff games. But you’re arguing so many different things you can’t even remember what your original point was. Hell, no one else can because you keep flip flopping back and forth. First you talk about how little money people have and how we can’t afford PSLs but then talk about how well resale is. When you haven’t even done it in 2+ years. But your next post will be to point out that the majority of fans in the area live in mom’s basement and flip burgers for $15/hr and cannot afford tix. But yet the stadium is sold out every game, and there’s a 7k person waiting list. 

JUST STOP ALREADY. EVERYONE IS SICK OF HEARING IT OVER AND OVER. 

and that means a lot coming from me because everyone here loves me so much. 

The waiting list will be the Bills waiting for people to shell out the money to buy the PSL's. Me, forget the PSL's, I'm buying a new truck. Took all the thought process right out of it.

On 3/24/2024 at 12:01 PM, Punching Bag said:

In actuality  UFL is like generic soda pop compared to brand name soda for NFL.   Perhaps it will be better than its parent league however. 

Time to stop drinking soda. It's bad for your teeth and your health.

In actuality  UFL is like generic soda pop compared to brand name soda for NFL.   Perhaps it will be better than its parent league however. 

In actuality UFL is like generic soda pop compared to brand name soda for NFL.   Perhaps it will be better than its parent league however. 

In actuality UFL is like generic soda pop compared to brand name soda for NFL.   Perhaps it will be better than its parent league however. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

The waiting list will be the Bills waiting for people to shell out the money to buy the PSL's. Me, forget the PSL's, I'm buying a new truck. Took all the thought process right out of it.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

20 hours ago, mrags said:

I had a couple of extra tix at least twice during the '90s playoffs games and couldn't get $5 for them in the lot or at the gates.  Walked in with 'em.  

Not sure how that's apropos to your debate, but fwiw.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

giphy.gif

I think you need to post this like 4 times. 

29 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I had a couple of extra tix at least twice during the '90s playoffs games and couldn't get $5 for them in the lot or at the gates.  Walked in with 'em.  

Not sure how that's apropos to your debate, but fwiw.  

Yeah and “the Comeback game” didn’t sell out despite 200k people saying they were there and didn’t leave. 

point is, it’s all old hat after you start and keep winning. Especially when it’s the same story every year. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah and “the Comeback game” didn’t sell out despite 200k people saying they were there and didn’t leave. 

Wasn't attendance for that game poor because of the weather?  It ended up being okay for the game, but people didn't buy tickets prior because it was in the middle of a blizzard.  I could be mis-remembering though

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Wasn't attendance for that game poor because of the weather?  It ended up being okay for the game, but people didn't buy tickets prior because it was in the middle of a blizzard.  I could be mis-remembering though

I was pretty young back then but I think it was more complicated than that.  It has always been my understanding that at the time most people thought the Bills run back then was over at that point.  They had just been embarrassed by Houston in a rough loss at the end of the regular season and were going to be without Kelly, Thurman, and Cornelius Bennett.  It sounds bad now as they would go on to two more Super Bowls and nobody knew what history was about to happen in that game but going into the game there was a general feeling the "window was closed" 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Nah, they lost to the Oilers the week before and had to settle for a WC spot.  Kelly was also hurt in that game, so it looked like all hope was lost for the season.  The WC game was in the mid 30s with rain, so it was sort of a crappy weather day but not bad if they were on top of their game.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Virgil said:

attendance was 75,141...The perception on bad attendance was because it wasn't sold out in time to lift the blackout......and yes I was there and stayed till the end...everyone in my row left so I figured if the run was over I would stay and watch. I had nothing else to do that day.

On 4/9/2024 at 10:39 PM, Jrb1979 said:

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/buffalo-sabres/latest-news/state-reseller-law-hindering-sabres-season-ticket-holders

The Sabres sent an e-mail to fans who comprise less than 1% of their season ticket base that “in light of the recent ticket reseller laws” passed by the NY state legislature in 2022, those who sell a high percentage of their games on the secondary market would have to purchase a license from the state to be able to purchase their season tickets.

It is from NY state. 

Until at least one other NY based team sends a similar letter, the Sabres are using this "recent ticket reseller law" as a crutch for this new policy. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I don’t believe it was in a blizzard. It was extremely cold from what I remember. But was also in my teens so I don’t remember exactly. 

but I think the lister had worn off after we lost in the previous 2 SBs and we just lost to the Oilers a week before. 

10 hours ago, mrags said:

point is, it’s all old hat after you start and keep winning. Especially when it’s the same story every year. 

True to an extent, but at least one of the games that I couldn't move tix for at the game was an AFC CG.  

As to the weather, no, it wasn't a blizzard, I have no idea how cold it was, but it wasn't snowing.  We thought about going, drove by, but decided to catch it locally at a bar.  

To paraphrase a Louis CK bit:

OF COURSE...season ticket holders are allowed to sell their tickets. Of course. It's become over-priced corporate sports entertainment, a luxury commodity, and subject to the market. 

BUT MAYBE...selling tickets for games that end up being overrun with visiting team fans (Pitts, Dal, KC...any NFC North or AFC East team tbh) is a little traitorous or at least disadvantageous to the fanatic cause. 

On 4/12/2024 at 4:14 PM, mrags said:

I don’t believe it was in a blizzard. It was extremely cold from what I remember. But was also in my teens so I don’t remember exactly. 

but I think the lister had worn off after we lost in the previous 2 SBs and we just lost to the Oilers a week before. 

And Kelly was hurt. Belief was low. We often forget how small/stretched the local ticket market really is for Buffalo, compared to other NFL cities, and especially with respect to affluence. Also, I'm not sure traveling NFL tourism was much of a thing yet.

Green Bay's small market solidarity is a solid counter to this line of thinking (they would never have an un-sold-out home playoff game), but there is an old school, generational loyalty and exclusivity to those seats in that community that I'm sure limits how many opposing fans sneak into Lambeau for a given game. 

FATIGUE/FRUSTRATION was a real thing in this 90s example, as it has become again the last two seasons in Orchard Park. 2022 was STRESSFUL in that stadium, and the weather was hilariously bad when compared to every other effing day during each week. From Halloween weekend on the vibe was WAY off. Which was partially influenced by Vikings, Steelers, Packers, and Bengals fans being loud enough to make a difference. That never happened in the 90s run, that I recall. 

I'd guess that continued price hikes have something to do with the increase in out-of-town fans. Eventually one has to orchestrate a time-share or sublet arrangement to make the financials work. I'm sure the majority of lower bowl seats behind the visiting bench at this point are renewed primarily for profit. Just wish more fans would look for ways to geographically limit WHO buys their seats on the secondary markets and/or seek buyers more privately/locally. 

25 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

And Kelly was hurt. Belief was low. We often forget how small/stretched the local ticket market really is for Buffalo, compared to other NFL cities, and especially with respect to affluence. Also, I'm not sure traveling NFL tourism was much of a thing yet.

Green Bay's small market solidarity is a solid counter to this line of thinking (they would never have an un-sold-out home playoff game), but there is an old school, generational loyalty and exclusivity to those seats in that community that I'm sure limits how many opposing fans sneak into Lambeau for a given game. 

FATIGUE/FRUSTRATION was a real thing in this 90s example, as it has become again the last two seasons in Orchard Park. 2022 was STRESSFUL in that stadium, and the weather was hilariously bad when compared to every other effing day during each week. From Halloween weekend on the vibe was WAY off. Which was partially influenced by Vikings, Steelers, Packers, and Bengals fans being loud enough to make a difference. That never happened in the 90s run, that I recall. 

I'd guess that continued price hikes have something to do with the increase in out-of-town fans. Eventually one has to orchestrate a time-share or sublet arrangement to make the financials work. I'm sure the majority of lower bowl seats behind the visiting bench at this point are renewed primarily for profit. Just wish more fans would look for ways to geographically limit WHO buys their seats on the secondary markets and/or seek buyers more privately/locally. 

The “opposing fan” influence the past 5 years is nowhere even close to what it was during those 2006ish-2017ish years. My seasons are in section 109 and every week was like being at a different away game. It sucked

29 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

The “opposing fan” influence the past 5 years is nowhere even close to what it was during those 2006ish-2017ish years. My seasons are in section 109 and every week was like being at a different away game. It sucked

It was all the “fans” from Canada that would jump on band wagons of teams that were doing well. Well, that and every single one of them was a pats “fan” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1