Marvin Harrison Jr to Skip Pro Day

At this rate, I expect this to be the route most top 10 players go, who are considered to be the consensus best at their position.  Unless the player is worried that someone else's pro day could result in jumping them in draft order, what do they have to prove?

Now, if he was skipping interviews, that would be a problem for me.

7 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

This is a big nothingburger. MHJ has exactly nothing to prove and this won’t affect his draft status in the least 

is a nothing burger still a burger? If not then wouldn't it just be nothing?

• Haha (+1) 2

https://www.dispatch.com/story/sports/college/football/2023/09/13/marvin-harrison-jr-max-speed-on-first-td-reception-of-2023-ohio-state-wide-receiver-brian-hartline/70842006007/

yeah he's really overrated! LMAO

Considering the above and his Dad was a 4.3 guy, I'm thinking that is much closer to his time than 4.6

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

I understand MHJ not participating.  Imo not having a Pro day hurts the program.  Late rd guys or possible UDFA’s need as many chances as they can get to make an impression on somebody within an organization.  Gotta have the other higher prospects working out to bring in more eyeballs.  

58 minutes ago, boyst said:

not a chance he is passed over. he goes first WR and top 5. dude is a likely generational talent and worth the trade up to get

Man i'm sure he is a great player i haven't seen any thing of him just his old man but actions speak louder than words !!

If that be the fact in this case cancelling both of his showings that in some way indicates to me that he is saying "I am that good & don't need to show you any more" which could be translated into DIVA !! 

I hope i'm wrong and that he just has a good grasp on it all & like i've heard from some that he would rather be getting ready for the NFL season that lies ahead rather than what i have stated . 

But if mommy, Daddy, Coaches, & NFL scouts have told him for how ever long they have been that he is the best man i hop that's not a huge red flag ! 

Remember Kellen Winslow the second ?? Just a thought .

• Eyeroll 2

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did you watch the Chris Simms bit on the top WR’s? Not saying he’s right, but he makes a pretty good case for him being WR #3 in this draft. He looks like a man among boys, but Simms doesn’t see the same burst you get from the LSU WR’s who can just run away from the pack. 

Odunze is who i'd secretly trade up for because MHJ is too much to get.

34 minutes ago, mannc said:

Folks, MHJ is one of the most overrated NFL prospects since Sam Darnold.  If it wasn’t for his name, he’d be considered a borderline first rounder.  Good hands and good size, but no explosiveness, no YAC ability and obviously an entitled attitude.  Wouldn’t surprise me if he runs a 4.6.  Anyone who takes him over Nabers or Odunze is making a huge mistake.

Please stop with this nonsense.

mike evans rana 4.53 and was scouted similarly to MHJ. I think MHJ completes a career similar to Moulds or Evans

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Odunze is who i'd secretly trade up for because MHJ is too much to get.

I think Simms had him as #4. I’d obviously love to have any of them, but it’s too rich for our situation. 

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

well, Marv did specifically say Josh Allen as one of the QB's he'd love to play with.  Didn't mention Mahomes....so I already like the guy

Beane should at least explore what it would take to get to pick 4 or 6  for Harrison or Nabers 

The Cardinals are a dumb franchise who knows maybe it would be a favorable price.   

The Giants connection at 6 would make a lot of sense and likely a fair deal 

Ignore the “realists” lol…. I’d love to believe into existence that the Bills are doing everything in their power to give Allen a MHJ, it’s fun to think of the possibilities.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did you watch the Chris Simms bit on the top WR’s? Not saying he’s right, but he makes a pretty good case for him being WR #3 in this draft. He looks like a man among boys, but Simms doesn’t see the same burst you get from the LSU WR’s who can just run away from the pack. 

He is all about size, speed and twitch.  I think this take he will eventually want back. Nabers ok.  Thomas jr. though is not the prospect Harrison Jr is.   Thomas looks the part and is the most impressive athlete at the positions this year.  Harrison is just so smooth and steady.  He reminds me of Larry Fitz.  Not the crazy speed or twitch but will have a 10 plus year career no doubt.    As much as his name brought him hype it also brought him pressure.  He surpassed it all.  Job on the line, bullet to your head Harrison is the most sure thing at a position in awhile and that is why he goes wr 1.  

6 minutes ago, julian said:

Ignore the “realists” lol…. I’d love to believe into existence that the Bills are doing everything in their power to give Allen a MHJ, it’s fun to think of the possibilities.

Diggs and 60.  I wouldnt give up Diggs and a first.  It will take more but that is too much.  Best case he produces like Diggs.  Diggs is a top 10 wr right now.  Your buying age and price so understand the kicker for both with Diggs but I wont sell the farm for another wr.  KC and before that NE proved that to be faulty roster construction. 

• Like (+1) 1

Another red flag 🚩 for this guy…. Refused to workout at the combine, was the only guy at the combine that didn't take questions from the media, antisocial, refused to workout at his pro day. all combined a first….  I think Nabers is the best WR in this draft. 

Edited by wppete
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, boyst said:

mike evans rana 4.53 and was scouted similarly to MHJ. I think MHJ completes a career similar to Moulds or Evans

Evans is an interesting comp, but I don't think Harrison is nearly as big as Evans.  Evans is just a huge WR, and obviously, he's an absolute dog.  It remains to be seen whether Harrison can even run a 4.5.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Folks, MHJ is one of the most overrated NFL prospects since Sam Darnold.  If it wasn’t for his name, he’d be considered a borderline first rounder.  Good hands and good size, but no explosiveness, no YAC ability and obviously an entitled attitude.  Wouldn’t surprise me if he runs a 4.6.  Anyone who takes him over Nabers or Odunze is making a huge mistake.

Please stop with this nonsense.

Not that I think he is terrible but he is ooooooooooooooverrated.  He has issues tracking the ball which will be more problematic in the NFL than they were in college..