Sanders doesnt like the idea of warm weather players going to cold weather teams

Einstein

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

He knows Denver is going to have first pick.  

He wants his kid to stay in Colorado?  

Denver looks like they’re actually tanking.  

Is he even that good of a prospect? Didn’t he have a mediocre year and would have been like the 6th QB taken this season? 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

1 hour ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Yep. His main reason for coaching Colorado was to develop his son. I predict they will have another mediocre season, but sanders will have good numbers.

Deion will do a good job hyping his son, who will ultimately be selected by Pittsburgh with a high draft pick, much to his chagrin. Ultimately , Shadeur will flame out of the NFL.

Meanwhile Deion will coach Colorado for another year after his son leaves. The season turns out to be his worst season of the three. At this point, even the most faithful Colorado fans have made a 180 and soured on him. They will buy him out from the remainder of his contract and he will transition into an analyst role on ESPN, where he spends all his waking moments blaming his sons poor play on "cold weather conditions".

Colorado was an embarrassing football program before Sanders got there.  They had a very good program in the past, but like many other schools ie Nebraska, they just could no longer attract top talent. Sanders can recruit.  He cut guys that are bottom tier Div 1 guys especially in the trenches.   He makes no bones about it that he is there to train guys to get to he NFL, not make them successful student athletes.  At least he is honest about it, as opposed to the lies guys like Saban or Meyer would say.  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is the number 1 reason I wanted a dome. The players. These are just different players today and it’s going to get worse. They soft.

NFL QBs still have to play in the cold, especially in the playoffs.  

6 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Deion lives in a fantasy world. 

Yup that fantasy world of being a three sport college star, then the fantasy of playing at the highest level in football and baseball, and then the fantasy of winning championships, and then the fantasy of getting elected to the college and pro football HOF, then the fantasy of being selected to the all tiem top 100 NFL players of all time, and then the fantasy of raising a son good enough to play major college football, and finally the fantasy of being able to coach your son along the way...

Yup he sure does live in a fantasy world...

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It can get cold everywhere. It will be cold and crappy in Buffalo from November to the end of the season.

Chicago is building a dome. Smart. Buffalo is stupid.

Teams that play in the domes frequently have trouble winning when they play outside, especially in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Since1981 said:

totally agree. A draftee can deal with it. Where I think the problem happens when 2 places are 50/50 coin flip FA. All things being equal WR/QB FA would not want blizzard conditions. It's why I strongly believe WR/QB for BUF has to be (forcibly) drafted vs. FA. Defense/OL blizzards for FA less so.

I disagree.  Top FAs look at the compensation and the organization before they consider weather in potential landing sites.   I think that the Bills would have no trouble attracting top FA WRs if they pursued one.  I suspect that most NFL WRs would love to have Josh Allen throwing them the ball even in cold weather.  

I’m calling BS. WR FA care about ***** weather affecting their stats. Poyer and Mitch both mentioned “added bonus warmer” last week and these guys roles are less impacted than WR FA. 

People, just deal with this as a fact.  I suspect few here throw a frisbee Nov to Mar, in Buffalo but sure do on spring break!!

10 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Deion should worry more about running a winning college football program, and develop Shadeur into an even more complete player. He’s scheming his entire game plan to prop up Shadeur’s stats imo. 

Bingo. I watched every single Colorado game last season and it was clear as day what was going on. Their offensive line was prolly the worst I ever seen and they still tried to throw the ball every single play and Shadeur ended up on the injured list because of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SoTier said:

Teams that play in the domes frequently have trouble winning when they play outside, especially in the playoffs.

I disagree.  Top FAs look at the compensation and the organization before they consider weather in potential landing sites.   I think that the Bills would have no trouble attracting top FA WRs if they pursued one.  I suspect that most NFL WRs would love to have Josh Allen throwing them the ball even in cold weather.  

Every game should be in a controlled climate. 

• Dislike 1

14 hours ago, 26TrapDraw said:

Sone kid named Josh Allen went from CA to Buffalo and he’s kind of hanging in there. Another Diva turning his kid into a Diva. Hey Deion don’t do your kid any favors. Because you’re not doing him any favors. No one wants a meddlesome Dad coach being drafted along with the player.

Sone kid named Josh Allen went from CA TO MONTANA to Buffalo and is excelling; some coaches sons become great players due to ability to recognize plays and helping others while other  coaches sons become spoiled children who never had to work at anything due to genetics and having everything given to them and when they discover they need to work at position during offseason it interferes with their social life including parties.  I know the type of player I'd like to commit to multiple year, multiple million dollar contracts.

• Like (+1) 1

I cannot stand Deion and always disliked him.  I quote Tim McCarver- “You are no man Deion”.  

Deion will tell you how great he is, then feign some illness so he didn’t have to cover Randy Moss.

I am a Yankees fan, and Deion is the only Yankees player I despised, even when he was playing.

So Deion is too soft for the cold- surprise, surprise

• Agree 1

The players can stay in the tropics for 6 months out of the year, no matter where they end up playing.

They will play in cold weather at some time, no matter where they end up playing.

They will never be exposed to the cold for much more than a maximum of 40 hours in any season during games. Probably about half that time. And only if they're unfortunate enough to play in a cold weather city, and every road game Nov-Jan is also not in a dome and outside in a cold weather city.  Compare that amount of exposure to someone who works for a fraction of the money repairing power lines, roads, etc.

I guess some of this has to be an understanding of what's defined as 'cold weather'.  Is is under 50 degrees? 40? 30?

The flip side is the players in Atlanta, Miami, Carolina, Arizona, even Washington. The players can be exposed to sweltering heat throughout training camp and the early part of the season. 

Bottom line is that the kid will have to go to whatever team drafts him, or he can elect not to play in the NFL. It's that simple. 

Maybe it's Deion who doesn't want to watch his kid in cold weather.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Einstein said:

Not that I want Sanders kid on the team, but his words do tend to have a lot of influence on college players in general.

"I don’t want my kid [Shedeur] going nowhere cold next year. He grew up in Texas. He played in Jackson, played in Colorado. Season’s over before it gets cold in Colorado. I’m just thinking way ahead. I don’t want that for him.”

“Let me tell you something that I have a problem with,” Deion told Russo. “And this kid can flat out play, I think he’s the best one on the board this year for sure. A kid that’s coming from California for the last couple years, right? And went to Oklahoma. That’s not terribly cold. Chicago’s cold, man. You gotta think about that kind of stuff when you’re taking a young man. Like see, when you take a guy from Ohio State and you bring him to Chicago, OK, I could understand that. But from California to Chicago? Not only that, they added what? One or two more games in the NFL. Seventeen games. Come on, man. You gotta factor in that stuff. That stuff matters."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/deion-sanders-doesnt-want-shedeur-playing-in-the-cold-at-the-nfl-level

Seems like a wise and erudite take(tm)

20 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think it’s actually a great point for a QB. 

Like Josh Allen going from 110 degrees in Fresno to Laramie, Wyoming?  As he said "I guess I'm going to have to get used to it".

It gets cold in Oklahoma and Colorado and even Kansas and Baltimore during football season

It stays warm in Detroit inside that dome.

You either have the mindset that "I'm going to get used to it, Football is Football" or you don't.

Edited by Beck Water

20 hours ago, Einstein said:

Yeah I dont agree with Deion at all.

On pretty much anything, now that I think about it. 

He is one of the greatest professional athletes of the past 100 years.  An amazing football player.  A showman who has always been entertaining.  And a D 1 football coach.  Not s bad resume.  Watch the 30 for 30 show on him playing for the Braves and the Falcons at the same time in the early 90’s.  Pretty interesting. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Seems like a wise and erudite take(tm)

Like Josh Allen going from 110 degrees in Fresno to Laramie, Wyoming?  As he said "I guess I'm going to have to get used to it".

It gets cold in Oklahoma and Colorado and even Kansas and Baltimore during football season

It stays warm in Detroit inside that dome.

You either have the mindset that "I'm going to get used to it, Football is Football" or you don't.

Just make every stadium closed roof. It’s 2024.

• Eyeroll 1