Justin Fields traded to Steelers

FA QB market dried up quickly, but a 2025 6th?? Would’ve been better off keeping him, and waiting to see if a team’s QB gets hurt in Training Camp

I guess Wilson starting isn’t a lock for Pittsburgh 

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 9

5 minutes ago, Special K said:

FA QB market dried up quickly, but a 2025 6th?? Would’ve been better off keeping him, and waiting to see if a team’s QB gets hurt in Training Camp

Agreed, but as much as I hated the Russel Wilson move this is a great deal for Pittsburgh. Hopefully Fields doesn't put it together and add to the AFC qb gauntlet

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Man, the Bears front office is so reminiscent of the Bills drought braintrust.   @PromoTheRobot would be like a pig in sh!t shouting down rightfully angry fans and defending that clown show. 😂

@eball would blame the fans for saying he sucked and driving down his trade value.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Special K said:

I guess Wilson starting isn’t a lock for Pittsburgh 

Yeah, whether you’re a fan of Fields or not I would have believed they could have at least gotten a 4th rounder for him at a minimum and thought they wouldn’t get rid of him for anything less. 

Sure it has the potential to get to that but who knows if they make moves to prevent that from being the case by either starting Wilson to cap the games or pulling the plug if they’re just plodding along

Steelers have made some interesting moves regarding the QB position alone this past week…

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol Steelers.

their QB room since Big Ben left…..

Hey man, at least they’re consistently trying to find an answer instead of acquiring a guy and riding it out way too long. 

At least they didn’t do the Denver way and give up insane premium assets to just cut ties before 2 seasons are up. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Not for nothing did the Steelers get more for Pickett than they had sent to the bears for fields?

Fields is better and has more potential than pickett

Yeah, they got a 3rd and two later picks while trading Kenny and a 4th. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I'm wondering why the bears sold so low.  Seems like the bears would have better options including keeping him for a year. 

Just now, BBFL said:

Yeah, they got a 3rd and two later picks while trading Kenny and a 4th. 

So from the Steelers perspective this has to be a win. 

If I was a bears fan, I'd be thinking we sold really low considering the trade that happened a freaking week ago with Pickett lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4