Kenny Pickett being traded to Eagles (according to Schefter)

Simon

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think his roster bonus should have triggered at the start of the league year in which case he will cost the Eagles about $900k this year.

I just read his base is $1.9M. 

As others have pointed out a "quality" backup QB probably is the same cost.

As another posted pointed out, if Beane had done this and wasted 22 draft spots the board would rightly explode. Eagles got fleeced. 

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I just read his base is $1.9M. 

As others have pointed out a "quality" backup QB probably is the same cost.

As another posted pointed out, if Beane had done this and wasted 22 draft spots the board would rightly explode. Eagles got fleeced. 

That depends if the roster bonus travels. I am not sure it does but I am not certain. Even so, I see the sense. Not saying I agree with it. But I do think there is a certain logic there. Teams who are in a window don't want a backup who has never played in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Maybe they just think he is worth that much as a backup QB…. Which he is not. 

I disagree. I think he is. 

In fact I think he instantly becomes a top 5 backup in the NFL, which is very valuable.  

Howie Roseman is one of the greatest GM's in the history of the NFL and I think this is another very solid move by him.

I think Howie is also counting on drafting very low, which makes this closer to a 4th round pick.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Don't understand this move from Eagles perspective? 

Only way it pays off is if Hurts misses seom time and Pickett looks good and then you trade him.

All they did was lose draft position and gain nothing. 

What am I missing?

Pittsburgh is afraid of bruising Wilson's ego.

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I disagree. I think he is. 

In fact I think he instantly becomes a top 5 backup in the NFL, which is very valuable.  

Howie Roseman is one of the greatest GM's in the history of the NFL and I think this is another very solid move by him.

I think Howie is also counting on drafting very low, which makes this closer to a 4th round pick.

it is a lot to invest in a guy who isn’t going to play. The drop off between having a top-5 backup and a top-20 one isn’t that much either. For example, the rams just signed Jimmy G to a 1-year deal.  Seems like that is the better move. 

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

it is a lot to invest in a guy who isn’t going to play. The drop off between having a top-5 backup and a top-20 one isn’t that much either. For example, the rams just signed Jimmy G to a 1-year deal.  Seems like that is the better move. 

I can understand your viewpoint, but I disagree that there is not a big drop-off from a top 5 backup to a top 20 backup.

For example:

- The Steelers were 7-3 when Pickett started and finished the game last season. He had wins over playoff teams such as Baltimore, Cleveland and the Rams. He threw for over 200 yards in 60% of his games.

- They were 0-3 with Trubisky starting. All of those losses came against non-playoff teams. He threw for over 200 yards in 0% of his games.

One is our backup QB. The other is Philly's. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

No, classic rock.

Kenny Pickett and the Union Gap.

Has he got cheating on his mind?  Should have gone to the Patriots.

image.thumb.jpeg.17cd1b62459193c979ec392526f6e714.jpeg

Gary Puckett was the lead singer of the Union Gap.

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Don't understand this move from Eagles perspective? 

Only way it pays off is if Hurts misses seom time and Pickett looks good and then you trade him.

All they did was lose draft position and gain nothing. 

What am I missing?

It's Roseman, so he must know something.

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They dropped 22 spots and now have a backup on a 1st round pick salary. 

Waste 

It a 2 year deal that’s $1m cheaper than trubisky 

I won’t say it’s huge value but they get a guy they are comfortable with for a decent contract with modest draft capital

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

would think the cash value would effect that determination 

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

He was terrible … 

Russell Wilson wasn’t much better.  

He has been bad the past 3 seasons.  And because he is going to Pittsburgh, Mr overrated Mike Tomlin is going to get more out of him.  Riddle me that??