CURTIS SAMUEL A BILL

Let’s not forget the really big thing about this signing. Will know the Offense Joe Brady will design. So like many new coaches get players to help coach the install. I fully expect that weighed into this signing as well. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So Samuel is more of a slot receiver in the Cole Beasley role?  

His game is more like Deebo Samuels, actually. He kind of turns into a running back when he catches the ball. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm happy with that move. But it further underlines to me that the need in the draft is for a vertical threat, downfield receiver.

Agree. Still need an X. If anything Samuel seems redundant with Diggs. Not that they can’t be in the field together, but they’re a lot alike. 

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Is he?   The money does not say so.  In 7 years he has 22 TD's.  Davis has 27 in 4 years and has been a great playoff performer.  Does this guy block?   He just seems different to me, not a huge upgrade.  Davis dropped the ball more than we like, sure but are you telling me this guy has no warts?

Who was throwing to this guy vs who was throwing to Davis?

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Then they need a huge move up in the 2nd.  Because WR's will fly off the board starting with Carolina at #33.  5-10 won't be there at 60.

And I don't care what their rankings are,we need Diggs replacement  out of this draft.

I think they’re  a little more clued in on where guys are going to go than you and I. It does matter what their rankings are because they draft for the team not you or anyone else on this board. You can get a Diggs replacement it doesn’t have to be in round 1. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, khlax3 said:

If Thomas JR or Mitchell aren’t there at 28 I would trade back into the early 2nd and hopefully pick up a 3rd round pick. Draft Leggette or Franklin with that pick then grab DLine and safeties with next few picks 

This IMO is the play. Trade back get back your third. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Einstein's Dog said:

It could make a Legette/K Campbell/T Franklin in the second more likely too though.

You mean Coleman, not Campbell. I'm not keen on Franklin. Coleman is okay in the second. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

They still need Thomas, Mitchell, or Legette. I hope Beane takes from this incentive to trade up for Thomas. If it means one WR in the draft, get an elite talent.

The value of the signing is diminished if it means getting a round 2 edge at #28.

Thomas won’t get past the Jags at 17 in my opinion ,.. and they aren’t trading up that far 

Edited by Aussie Joe

Nice signing.   We now have 3 inside/outside guys.. Diggs being a traditional outside guy with inside flex and Shakir/Samuel more inside guys with outside flex.  

Presents a lot of flexibility with Knox/Kincaid in the mix at TE. 

Still think we need a true outside WR early in the draft and this definitely doesn’t change that. 

Still.. really nice piece to add.

Draft an outside guy early and this WR room starts looking really nice. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Is he?   The money does not say so.  In 7 years he has 22 TD's.  Davis has 27 in 4 years and has been a great playoff performer.  Does this guy block?   He just seems different to me, not a huge upgrade.  Davis dropped the ball more than we like, sure but are you telling me this guy has no warts?

He was catching passes from: 

Semi-Broken Cam Newton

Very Broken Cam Newton

Kyle Allen

Taylor Heinicke 

Will Grier

Teddy Bridgewater

PJ Walker

Garrett Gilbert

Carson Wentz

Sam Howell

I think this will be an upgrade. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Thomas won’t get past the Jags at 17 in my opinion ,.. and they aren’t trading up that far 

I gave him going 15 to the Colts. Everyone pegs Bowers there but they need a 2nd WR just as bad for Richardson 

• Like (+1) 1

I admit I had to look him up and watch a few highlights.  Read every post.

I think the consensus is he is a solid possible upgrade over Davis.

Agree with others I am still taking a WR at 28 or a trade down. Still need a DT or edge in round two. 

Maybe play the long game now and see if they can get a safety on the cheap.

41 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Id like to know where this X receiver is going to play that’s a first rounder. Got Diggs and Samuel making good money on the outside with Shakir and Kincaid in the slot. Unless you’re playing Samuel in the slot and Shakir isn’t playing. 

No way we could go with a 5 foot 11 outside WR in the Buffalo cold. 

I just want someone to piece it together for me since we absolutely have to have one on the field. 

I actually am glad they added a weapon. I fully expect them to take a WR early but wouldn’t surprise me if that’s in round 2 now. I’d say DT is looking likely and there is a possibility a Newton, Murphy or Fiske(with a trade down) 

You forgetting when we had Peerless Price on the outside? Or Lee Evans?

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

We now have people to catch the ball 😱😱😱

Seriously, though, this is incredible news! Stoked that it's NOT just a 1-year. Beane knows we need continuity in the WR corps. Samuel reunited with Brady. Stoked!

His contested catch percentage is only a few points higher than Gabe, unfortunately.

We really need a better WR. Hopefully the draft brings us one.

Edited by Einstein

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I agree, it would take a big trade up, which is unlikely. I'm going to keep pushing for a big X early.