Dane Jackson to Panthers

Just now, SydneyBillsFan said:

Yeah....stroking for a fifth-rounder

Prob a sixth for Jackson but hey that means so far next year we have

1, 2, 3, 4, 4(Davis), 5, 5(Floyd), 6, 6(Basham), 6(Jackson)

I do not expect Hollins or Morrow to qualify against the Bills 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Congrats to Dane. More than I expected him to get if those numbers are true. He is a lower end serviceable CB2 in the NFL and a guy you are very pleased to have as your "first guy in off the bench" type depth.

If those numbers are right that is in 6th/7th round comp pick territory as well for those still counting along at home re comp picks. 

Numbers are likely agent released figures and likely some incentives and other gotchas but likely still more then Bills were expecting to be paid.

He did make some very good plays and depends on whether the scheme makes him a weakness or a strength.

26 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Does this mean Elam is starting now ?

Why would he be starting when Dane Jackson wasn't a starter for us to begin with and both of our starters last season are returning, in Rasul Douglas and Christian Benford?

Elam potentially moves from Outside CB4 off the bench (under Douglas, Benford, and Jackson) to Outside CB3 off the bench.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Prob a sixth for Jackson but hey that means so far next year we have

1, 2, 3, 4, 4(Davis), 5, 5(Floyd), 6, 6(Basham), 6(Jackson)

I do not expect Hollins or Morrow to qualify against the Bills 

I bet they will both count against Buffalos comp formula 

25 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

We can find depth/starting CBs for our zone D in the later rounds. No need to pay big.

Part of the issue with our defense was use of later picks which were coached up and free agents which  were discounted and under evaluated by posters.

The player who Bills used high pick on and then awarded a high contract to was injured twice and is being let go.

Bills no longer have two senior safeties to help disguise defenses and cover holes in it.

41 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I bet they will both count against Buffalos comp formula 

They are qualifying Free Agents but they have to have a minimum contract of over 2.5 million a year. Hollins contract is up to 3 Million so his base salary likely isnt above 2.5 and Morrow may but I doubt they signed him as a # 3 or 4 LB for much more than the 2.5 million.

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

They are qualifying Free Agents but they have to have a minimum contract of over 2.5 million a year. Hollins contract is up to 3 Million so his base salary likely isnt above 2.5 and Morrow may but I doubt they signed him as a # 3 or 4 LB for much more than the 2.5 million.

Beane will make sure that these guys numbers  will be below the minimum required to affect the comp pick situation 

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Congrats to Dane. More than I expected him to get if those numbers are true. He is a lower end serviceable CB2 in the NFL and a guy you are very pleased to have as your "first guy in off the bench" type depth.

If those numbers are right that is in 6th/7th round comp pick territory as well for those still counting along at home re comp picks. 

He's a really low end CB2, though.   He does what he can do OK........but you are also pretty boxed in wrt what you can do with Dane out there.   

We can laugh but Beane used to hand out $6M+ contracts to backup LB's and DB's left and right when he was a greenhorn.

The bottom line is that I don’t think anyone on this board is going to type the words, “damn, Dane Jackson would have made that play” during a Bills game next season.

Best of luck to him!