Dion Dawkins cryptic tweet UPDATE: EXTENDED PER SCHEFTY

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Highly disagree. If the Bills quit playing scared and scored 30 points per game who is going to stop them?

I would imagine any worthwhile DE attacking from Josh's blindside; since we let a 3x Pro Bowl LT (who is responsible for protecting our most valuable player ever during his tenure) go for whatever reason

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I mean, what was the point of that stupid post other than to stir ***** up?

There is no point. They *want* to get fans stirred up.

Then other fans will say "why read into players tweets?"

To which I respond "they are doing it on purpose. They WANT us to read into it"

• Agree 1

Don't understand extending Dawkins. Obviously I don't have all the contract details. I'm sure it saves them cap this year. I just wouldn't tie my hands to him for that many years. He's been up and down for the last few years and has never been elite. 

That said he has mostly been healthy and many LTs play well into their 30's. 

Hope it was the right move and I will give Beane benefit of the doubt on this one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, Bills aPHILLYate said:

I would imagine any worthwhile DE attacking from Josh's blindside; since we let a 3x Pro Bowl LT (who is responsible for protecting our most valuable player ever during his tenure) go for whatever reason

This thread started with everyone thinking Dion was gone because we had a suitable replacement. Now everyone is like thank God he's staying lol. If they did cut or trade him everyone would have been fine with it and if we kept him everyone is fine with it. It almost seems like nobody has their own brain and just go along with whatever the Bills decide to do!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Don't understand extending Dawkins. Obviously I don't have all the contract details. I'm sure it saves them cap this year. I just wouldn't tie my hands to him for that many years. He's been up and down for the last few years and has never been elite. 

That said he has mostly been healthy and many LTs play well into their 30's. 

Hope it was the right move and I will give Beane benefit of the doubt on this one.

I expect in his final years he could kick inside to guard as well, but hopefully not for a long time. 

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

This thread started with everyone thinking Dion was gone because we had a suitable replacement. Now everyone is like thank God he's staying lol. If they did cut or trade him everyone would have been fine with it and if we kept him everyone is fine with it. It almost seems like nobody has their own brain and just go along with whatever the Bills decide to do!

Fair. I honestly only clicked the link because of the update.

My feelings towards the situation are/were basically it would've been stupid to get rid of him for whatever reason some fans could come up with. 

I also fall into the category of those who don't invest much time into dissecting social media banter. 

I get Jason Peters flashbacks when the thought of not keeping pro bowl caliber talent at LT is the subject.

Apologies as my response wasn't given with the proper context or understanding of your logic.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beast said:

And, again, what I said is true. The post was stupid and done for no other reason than to stir up *****.

You are not wrong.  And then you have the self righteous piling on to proclaim how “foolish” you are to even question it.  Give me a break.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I listened to a lot of Dion’s zoom call with reporters.  Good stuff.  The guy just loves to say over the top stuff but he’s living his best life and clearly loves Buffalo, the fans, McD, Beane and the Pegula family.

After he said “like” for the 1,000th time i had to bail though.