Tre White A Post June 1st Cut, According to Schefter

par73

Just now, NeverOutNick said:

Best CB we’ve ever had when healthy. Loved his attitude and everything about him but I understand the move. Hope he rebounds and plays great for an NFC team.

This is just patently false.

WInfield/Clements were both WAY better than Tre, and I liked Tre

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, rajinka said:

Eh he made millions of dollars playing a kids game.  

The Bills are making the right move, so no complaints about that. 

Sure he's got money and had success, the point is that he was a highly gifted, hard-working athlete with a great spirit whose career was cut short. That's disappointing, for him, the team, and the fans.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I am glad we released him but I don't understand the post-6/1 designation. We could have taken a $10.3M dead cap hit this year and saved $6M right a away, with no ramifications in 2025. Instead we take a $6.2M dead cap hit this year AND a $4.1M dead cap hit in 2025. And we don't really get to use his savings this year until after FA is over.

I wonder what the thought process was here?

What you post is exactly how I understand it too. I'd rather take the full 10 now than spread it out 

Ok, now we’re seeing Bean making the tough but necessary decisions, I was worried he’d be too emotionally involved with some of the veterans to do what needed to be done.

Glad to see the GM is doing right by the organization and leaving feelings at the door.

Surprisingly, I'm not all that upset. I've soured on Tre over the last 2 plus years. 

His play looked like it was in decline before he got hurt and it just went south from there.

Yeah, it sucks getting injured. I know everyone is different but I thought he would have returned sooner after his ACL. When he did finally return he looked pedestrian at best. It also looked like he was afraid to go 100% because of fear of reinjuring. That really ticked me off. 

Then last year with the Achilles kinda sealed his fate and now will wear a "damaged goods" label.

High character, good team mate, but the run is over.

Good luck Tre.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

loved Winfield and Clements but at his best Tre was better. True lockdown #1. Winfield was the best tackling CB we’ve ever had though I’ll concede that. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Agree that Nate was better.

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

What the heck.

Defensive backfield.  Gone.

Love the guy!

Yah i hate that his luck went the way it did i figured he would be a Bill for life but that injury bug just doesn't care who it bites !! 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Snowbowl said:

I’m sure both McDermott and Beane hated doing this. The business end of the nfl sucks

Ideally, Beane was the clear hatchet man and made it easier for McDermott.  

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I am glad we released him but I don't understand the post-6/1 designation. We could have taken a $10.3M dead cap hit this year and saved $6M right a away, with no ramifications in 2025. Instead we take a $6.2M dead cap hit this year AND a $4.1M dead cap hit in 2025. And we don't really get to use his savings this year until after FA is over.

I wonder what the thought process was here?

I suspect, though I don't know, it is related to the injury. If they'd cut him with an immediate designation then because he couldn't pass a medical the roster bonus, which is guaranteed for injury, accelerates onto the cap so your savings are not $6m they are $4.5m. Maybe with a post 1 June cut the point at which he has to be able to pass the medical is then - even though technically he is a FA now?

I don't know that last sentence to be true. Others might know more on how that works. But that is my guess. 

• Like (+1) 1