Tre White A Post June 1st Cut, According to Schefter

par73

Unfortunately but necessary.  Benford and Douglas took his spot.  Elam as #3 next year.  Mid-round rookie/Ingram and we're there at that position.   And, we'll likely use his money to sign our draft class.  

And with all that said there a REALLY good chance Tre White is sitting there in June looking for a deal still. 

could be a very good calculated risk. With how long his knee took I could very well see him not ready until mid season. 

Edited by MAJBobby

55 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

296 games just walked out the door. Black Wednesday, indeed!

Feels like the red wedding

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And with all that said there a REALLY good chance Tre White is sitting there in June looking for a deal still. 

could be a very good calculated risk. With how long his knee took I could very well see him not ready until mid season. 

It would be nice if there was a circumstance where that could come true

I think so much of the guy

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Best CB we’ve ever had when healthy. Loved his attitude and everything about him but I understand the move. Hope he rebounds and plays great for an NFC team.

Sorry, young’n.  Best CB was Robert James.  He’d be in the HOF if not for a devastating knee injury in a meaningless preseason game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Yup.  Injuries.

Doesn’t mean a true Bills can can’t be unhappy he won’t be with the team.

Understanding it is for the better and being sad are not mutually exclusive true Bills fan.

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Understanding it is for the better and being sad are not mutually exclusive true Bills fan.

Yup.  Injuries happen.

As a Bils fan, and fan of Tre, I can feel however I’d like. Pretty sure plenty of others feel the same.

17 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Yup.  Injuries happen.

As a Bils fan, and fan of Tre, I can feel however I’d like. Pretty sure plenty of others feel the same.

As a True Bills fan, my feelings are better than yours

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I was going to ask the question , is his knee smoked and he might be done with football?

He really struggled in his return from the previous injury.

6 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

End of the day not many DB'S recover from two major leg injuries,  this was a tough but proper decision made

yep

sucks

Tre was.. an Elite player and fan Favorite for good reasons

Hurts.

But necessary. For the Team.

3 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Quick question. Does this mean he has to wait til 6/1 to sign elsewhere?

Obviously he can't sign anywhere else while still signed here, at most there's a gray area where he could maybe something worked out ahead of time, but even that strays into the lane of tampering I'm guessing.

Just now, Warcodered said:

Obviously he can't sign anywhere else while still signed here, at most there's a gray area where he could maybe something worked out ahead of time, but even that strays into the lane of tampering I'm guessing.

Wow that really is a ***** deal.for the player. He has to wait until after the free agency dust settles to find work.  

Unless he is thinking about hanging up his cleats for good

Edited by TBBills Fan

5 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Quick question. Does this mean he has to wait til 6/1 to sign elsewhere?

If it's like the Russel Wilson situation, the team can allow them to negotiate prior to 6/1, but they can't sign until 6/1.

• Thank you (+1) 1