25th Anniversary Tailgate Discussion Topic

SDS

16 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Sadly not gonna make it - The Wide Right Special is what I was naming the design that mimicked the 25th SB logo.  Sorry for being sly....but again - great idea!!

I am on that like White On Rice.  Sadly I just tripped into the 60 category but I am still game for a meet.  When the season gets closer we will talk!

Sounds good.

ill pm you

On 3/13/2024 at 3:04 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Kwai, we should watch a game together this year.  Since we’re both in our 50’s, I’d say a 1 pm game.  I try to ring my kids up in September for a 1 pm game, and go with the cousins, and nephews.  Outside if that weekend, I’m available.  I can meet you half way in Clearwater or St. Pete.

I have a home in Dunedin and am there for part of there, if either you or Kwai want to meet up.

There is a Bills bar there called Buffalo Charlies.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I have a home in Dunedin and am there for part of there, if either you or Kwai want to meet up.

was there a couple of years ago, and I have to say that Dunedin is just under Key West as far as the places I hate least in Flerda

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

was there a couple of years ago, and I have to say that Dunedin is just under Key West as far as the places I hate least in Flerda

Yeah its a wonderful town. 
We actually chose it because it reminded us of Key West.

On 3/18/2024 at 3:01 PM, Einstein said:

Sounds good Einstein.  We’ll get in touch in the fall.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Sounds good Einstein.  We’ll get in touch in the fall.

As I live in Westchase so not far at all from Dunedin.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/18/2024 at 4:15 PM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

There are quite a few places like Dunedin in FL.  There is NO WERE ON EARTH anything like Key Weird.  I am gonna be there in 4 weeks.  FL living isn't for everyone thats for sure.

I still laugh at when my buds were all like Oh man FL is gonna be hot and humid.  My response was when I am shoveling heat and scrapping humidity off my windshield we will talk.....the conversation hasn't been held yet.

I can’t believe this thread is even here. With the amount of people complaining about the PSLs and the new stadium and how they’ve already cancelled their tickets you’d think there won’t be any fans left. 

On 3/5/2024 at 2:30 PM, SDS said:

I would like to start discussing things we should do this September for the 25th Anniversary Tailgate... Current ideas:

1. Shirts with a 25th logo
  2. Looking at a Dinner Cruise
  3. Golf tournament
  4. Bottle of Blanton awarded to best tailgate sandwich (inside joke)
  5. etc...

Looking for a discussion on activities, venues, etc....

Please take off-topic conversations elsewhere. Much appreciated.

I remember your first steps with the Stadiumwall. 😊 It has been a long time.
Can I come too? 😉

On 3/8/2024 at 9:20 AM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I drive past that place sometimes, keep meaning to check it out.

👀

*looking for passport*

I know @Dan Gross plays drums.  I think @Toomstone.Part.Duex is in a band of some kind.  We could probably get Paul Burdon (music director of the Red Pinto Tailgate) to slappa dat bass

I’m a professional clapper, but I am willing to clap for free for any TBD band, bad or good! 👍🏻🤘🏻

I would like to start discussing things we should do this September for the 25th Anniversary Tailgate... Current ideas:

3. Golf tournament
  5. etc...

I think it is a great idea.

Just my 2 cents.

1) go to chestnut ridge park and get one of the pavilions.  Everyone local can bring a different meal and all share. Pay the the liquor permit and then people can also drink you can sell and or distribute the shirts and other items there. You can also do a 50 50 raffle for bills gear. Proceeds of course go towards paying for the pavilion.

My mom was the psga secretary for 20 years and if you tell people where and when they we come. If you leave it up to the masses it may not ever get done.

10 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

My mom was the psga secretary for 20 years and if you tell people where and when they we come. If you leave it up to the masses it may not ever get done.

We already have a place, Hammers Lot, by the stadium for the tailgate.  No need to decide where or when to meet.  It'll be the Home Opener, whenever that will be.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

I think it is a great idea.

Just my 2 cents.

1) go to chestnut ridge park and get one of the pavilions.  Everyone local can bring a different meal and all share. Pay the the liquor permit and then people can also drink you can sell and or distribute the shirts and other items there. You can also do a 50 50 raffle for bills gear. Proceeds of course go towards paying for the pavilion.

I assume you are suggesting something on Saturday?

On 3/28/2024 at 9:09 AM, Westside said:

I’m a professional clapper, but I am willing to clap for free for any TBD band, bad or good! 👍🏻🤘🏻

Stay away from you! You've got the clap!

• Haha (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

3. Golf tournament
  5. etc...

Hard to believe I've been around these parts that long, even though my account was lost in the great board crash of 2008(?) and had to be recreated. 

I would definitely like a 25th anniversary TBDAHOT t-shirt to go with the one I got for the 20th. Cocktail cruise sounds pretty solid and golf sounds excellent. I'm up for all of it.

On 3/6/2024 at 7:32 PM, mrags said:

I don’t golf. Well, I haven’t in about 15 years. And I was never good at it before. But if the golf day is a thing I may be interested. Can @Simon be my partner? 

I suck at it, but I still do it. It's a good time.

3. Golf tournament
  5. etc...

You might want to consider a T shirt with a picture of the old Stadium on it with it's Many names all around the picture & it's opening & closing dates .

I drive a entertainer coach for a country artist Jordan Davis (name dropper 🤐) that is opening the show tonight for Luke Combs, (over achiever 😂) We got in this morning & i got to walk around the stadium remembering my very first time ever in the stadium in the upper 300 section YEARS ago what a great memory ! Then i looked around to see and remember all the other places i sat at other games i attended .

I also remembered a time meeting Jim Kelly when i drove for another artist in a lot between the Ad pro building and the stadium that had RV's in it long before Jim got sick it was a great thrill he was very nice & took some time out to talk in between meeting others that day . I know this old stadium has many more great memories for other Bills fans too . 

On the way into the stadium one of the other drivers for a different coach company was a Patriots fan & as he came onto the hallowed ground that is the Bills home he started playing over our hand held radio's the Dark or as i think i remember it the Darth Vader dark music from Star Wars which i have heard played when we fans talk about the pats as the evil empire, to which i told him when he got out of his bus his feet would start to burn to which he replied that his skin was already starting to feel very hot & tingling just coming onto the property .

Which we all laughed very hard about !!! Upon getting our buses parked i got out & walked to the rear entrance of the stadium which i have never been to .

I took all kinds of pics, got to walk through the tunnel for the first & probably the last time, as i walked i took as many pictures as i could and when i got on the field i took pictures of the wall of fame names, the stage, & as many other things as i could .

Then while doing so i noticed the Old girl - Rich Stadium, The Ralph, New Era, High Mark is definitely showing her age but man all the memories that place has given each & every Bills fan will live on for ever in our hearts . But once she's gone she's gone .

It would be so cool to have a tribute T shirt with the over view on the front and as i said all the names of her through the ages & opening & closing dates on the front & a over view of the new stadium with the opening date on the back .

The Bills should do this as a tribute of the old & the transition to the new home of the Bills as a matter of fact i just emailed the Bills store & told them just that . I loved the New Era naming rights & moving into the new stadium with the name would have been pretty cool but Highmark will be good too .

Go Bills !!  

On 3/7/2024 at 7:11 PM, Just Jack said:

I've been looking to go on an Alaska cruise for a while.  One thing several people have said is if you're doing the cruise with land tour, do the land tour part first, so you can relax on the ship the second half. 

Unless you need to see another mountain (Denali)  - fly into Anchorage - take the train down to Seward and get on your cruise ship there. I see some ships are stopping at Whittier now. We have been there twice - only the Grand Canyon compares for scenery