25th Anniversary Tailgate Discussion Topic

SDS

I would like to start discussing things we should do this September for the 25th Anniversary Tailgate... Current ideas:

1. Shirts with a 25th logo
  2. Looking at a Dinner Cruise
  3. Golf tournament
  4. Bottle of Blanton awarded to best tailgate sandwich (inside joke)
  5. etc...

Looking for a discussion on activities, venues, etc....

Please take off-topic conversations elsewhere. Much appreciated.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’d buy a shirt even if I couldn’t make it. A dinner cruise would be interesting. It’s been a long time and I wish I knew the area better to have suggestions. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Can people (me) who have never been to a TBD tailgate participate in a golf tournament? I'd be all over that. 

I’m pretty certain that golfing will be a part of the weekend. There would be no reason to exclude anybody from that, regardless of past participation.

We played at Byrncliff last year and that was really nice.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

menu is something that folks like to know ahead of time so they (I) can pre plan-cook-order etc

You can put me down for either an appetizer or dessert. And for how many people?

my plan is to come. And I hope God doesn't laugh. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SDS said:

I would like to start discussing things we should do this September for the 25th Anniversary Tailgate... Current ideas:

1. Shirts with a 25th logo
  2. Looking at a Dinner Cruise
  3. Golf tournament
  4. Bottle of Blanton awarded to best tailgate sandwich (inside joke)
  5. etc...

Looking for a discussion on activities, venues, etc....

Please take off-topic conversations elsewhere. Much appreciated.

What a milestone ! I would be interested in a shirt but will be tough to make a trip to the Buffalo area. 

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

What a milestone ! I would be interested in a shirt but will be tough to make a trip to the Buffalo area. 

you can get a flight between Chicago and Buffalo and I’m pretty sure the roads connect.

• Haha (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, muppy said:

menu is something that folks like to know ahead of time so they (I) can pre plan-cook-order etc

You can put me down for either an appetizer or dessert. And for how many people?

my plan is to come. And I hope God doesn't laugh. 

tailgate food is easy to organize when we get closer. Right now, we just need people to think about possible attendance, make plans with any venues ahead of time, etc…

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m workin’ on my 3rd quarter century..🤦‍♂️

Well, I guess that's true for me, too, then...

• Like (+1) 1

First off, thanks to Scott and all the admins for providing this exceptional forum. For those of us ex-WNYers who want to keep up with our Bills, it's been a fair substitute for sitting around the local Buffalo gin mills debating and discussing out team.

Prior to this development of this site, there was Rochester's Democrat & Chronicle message board, where several of us exchanged thoughts about the Bills.

For perspective, this was a few years before 'the drought'!

3 years prior to the 2000 TBD tailgate, a handful of us faceless users of the D&C Hyperbills board met for the season opener against the Vikings. The game was on Aug 31, 1997. I don't remember why it started so early.  I was at Rooties, a bar and wing joint on Millersport Hwy near UB Amherst, sitting with one of the multiple-personality comedians who trolled the message board. The screen flashed the news and the wreckage in Paris that killed Princess Diana. Oh well, pass the blue cheese.

The Bills lost that weekend of course, but we had a good time.  

That was the last tailgate party I experienced with anyone from here, but maybe I'll make it up there for one of the tailgate parties before my body has other ideas. Hope you all have a great time.

As Russert said, "please Bills, just one [super bowl win] before I die".  Go Bills!

Edited by SoMAn
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

First off, thanks to Scott and all the admins for providing this exceptional forum. For those of us ex-WNYers who want to keep up with our Bills, it's been a fair substitute for sitting around the local Buffalo gin mills debating and discussing out team.

Prior to this development of this site, there was Rochester's Democrat & Chronicle message board, where several of us exchanged thoughts about the Bills.

For perspective, this was a few years before 'the drought'!

3 years prior to the 2000 TBD tailgate, a handful of us faceless users of the D&C Hyperbills board met for the season opener against the Vikings. The game was on Aug 31, 1997. I don't remember why it started so early.  I was at Rooties, a bar and wing joint on Millersport Hwy near UB Amherst, sitting with one of the multiple-personality comedians who trolled the message board. The screen flashed the news and the wreckage in Paris that killed Princess Diana. Oh well, pass the blue cheese.

The Bills lost that weekend of course, but we had a good time.  

That was the last tailgate party I experienced with anyone from here, but maybe I'll make it up there for one of the tailgate parties before my body has other ideas. Hope you all have a great time.

As Russert said, "please Bills, just one [super bowl win] before I die".  Go Bills!

It's amazing seeing the length of some folks here. Amazing to think the college kids on here in the 90s are now 50.

• Agree 1