25th Anniversary Tailgate Discussion Topic

SDS

51 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Does everyone wear a name tag with their screen name on it to these things?

There are name tags available, and @Gugny is everywhere! Everybody wants to be that guy! 

Well, at least @boyst does for some reason.  🤷‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Draconator said:

um, that's my bands website

Why is it popping up on the front of my iPad before I even wake it up? What kind of insidious plot have you hatched here? 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why is it popping up on the front of my iPad before I even wake it up? What kind of insidious plot have you hatched here? 

What is going on? I clicked on the link I posted, and everything is working fine on my end.

6 minutes ago, Draconator said:

What is going on? I clicked on the link I posted, and everything is working fine on my end.

IDK, It worked when I clicked on it, but now it pops up on my screen every time I open it up.  🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Augie said:

IDK, It worked when I clicked on it, but now it pops up on my screen every time I open it up.  🤷‍♂️

That's really weird. I'll send an email to the support team for the theme I used to make the site. See what they have to say. 

57 minutes ago, Draconator said:

um, that's my bands website

Just an unusual site I guess. Never seen one the way the images were popping up as I scrolled through. I had no idea what I was opening when I opened it. 

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Just an unusual site I guess. Never seen one the way the images were popping up as I scrolled through. I had no idea what I was opening when I opened it. 

That's the photo gallery on mobile. It's actually working the way it's supposed to

4 hours ago, Draconator said:

That's really weird. I'll send an email to the support team for the theme I used to make the site. See what they have to say. 

Thanks, but don’t worry about it. I restarted everything and it seems to be gone for now. 

• Like (+1) 1

This party seems like a awesome idea.  For a kinda newbie, I stalked this site for years before I joined, I know quite a few screen names.  Helluva drive for me as I am south of @machine gun kelly by an hour or more so I might be in the @Augie category and asking for a Wide Right Special.  I truly hope that there is that kinda option for those of us who wouldn't be able to make it.  Sure wish I knew about Hammers back in the day......I started my seasons in 1987 and stopped attending full time in 2010.

At any rate - this is an awesome idea!  Oh and I too am pushing into the 3rd quarter of life........what a drag it is getting old.....BUT!?!  Mothers Little Helper does help!

Edited by Kwai San
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kwai San said:

This party seems like a awesome idea.  For a kinda newbie, I stalked this site for years before I joined, I know quite a few screen names.  Helluva drive for me as I am south of @machine gun kelly by an hour or more so I might be in the @Augie category and asking for a Wide Right Special.  I truly hope that there is that kinda option for those of us who wouldn't be able to make it.  Sure wish I knew about Hammers back in the day......I started my seasons in 1987 and stopped attending full time in 2010.

At any rate - this is an awesome idea!  Oh and I too am pushing into the 3rd quarter of life........what a drag it is getting old.....BUT!?!  Mothers Little Helper does help!

i’m not really sure what you’re saying here. Are you saying you’re able to come or not? I don’t know what a wide right special is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Kwai, we should watch a game together this year.  Since we’re both in our 50’s, I’d say a 1 pm game.  I try to ring my kids up in September for a 1 pm game, and go with the cousins, and nephews.  Outside if that weekend, I’m available.  I can meet you half way in Clearwater or St. Pete.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/5/2024 at 2:30 PM, SDS said:

I would like to start discussing things we should do this September for the 25th Anniversary Tailgate... Current ideas:

1. Shirts with a 25th logo
  2. Looking at a Dinner Cruise
  3. Golf tournament
  4. Bottle of Blanton awarded to best tailgate sandwich (inside joke)
  5. etc...

Looking for a discussion on activities, venues, etc....

Please take off-topic conversations elsewhere. Much appreciated.

1. Shirt = NO Brainer.  Will e-mail funds to acquire even if I cannot attend the event.

2. Dinner Cruise = If in Canada, sure.  Is there anything in Canadian Niagara Falls of Niagara on the Lake?

3. Golf = Just don't have the balance in the right leg since the MVA to golf without the oppressive frustration of remembering how much I enjoyed it when I was decent.

4. Sandwich Contest = I don't joke about Sandwich Making.  To me, it is a serious topic.  Sandwich is my life.  Bring it on Bee..otch.

5. Etc. = Lundy's Lane for live entertainment?

47 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

2. Dinner Cruise = If in Canada, sure.  Is there anything in Canadian Niagara Falls of Niagara on the Lake?

it would have to depart from the American side.  Don’t want to make people get passports or Enhanced driver licenses just to go to dinner.  

25 years ago I was tailgating with Leonard Smith, Jonathan Linton and Andre Reed at the Jets game (and the year I joined TBD), so I am most certainly interested in a shirt even though I can't be there. It's been that long? DAMN!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/13/2024 at 6:30 AM, Just Jack said:

it would have to depart from the American side.  Don’t want to make people get passports or Enhanced driver licenses just to go to dinner.  

ever since that maple syrup incident i'm not allowed in canada anymore.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

ever since that maple syrup incident i'm not allowed in canada anymore.

We did warn you that pouring maple syrup on your crotch and asking women if they like ms on their sausage was not a good idea.  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/12/2024 at 6:33 PM, SDS said:

i’m not really sure what you’re saying here. Are you saying you’re able to come or not? I don’t know what a wide right special is.

Sadly not gonna make it - The Wide Right Special is what I was naming the design that mimicked the 25th SB logo.  Sorry for being sly....but again - great idea!!

On 3/13/2024 at 3:04 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Kwai, we should watch a game together this year.  Since we’re both in our 50’s, I’d say a 1 pm game.  I try to ring my kids up in September for a 1 pm game, and go with the cousins, and nephews.  Outside if that weekend, I’m available.  I can meet you half way in Clearwater or St. Pete.

I am on that like White On Rice.  Sadly I just tripped into the 60 category but I am still game for a meet.  When the season gets closer we will talk!

• Agree 1