After yesterday who is your WR pick at 28?

24 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Sure, but he ran more pass routes this year than every other WR in the class besides the Odunze and Polk and was still below average in terms of yards. He was near the bottom of the class in terms of targets/pass play and yards/route run too. Other guys that played with talented teammates: Nabers, Thomas, Franklin, Harrison, McConkey, Rice, Tahj Washington, Odunze, Polk, McMillan, Worthy, etc. all above him in that regard, most of them significantly above. Keon Coleman is the only other guy that was in a similar situation and had similar struggles but he at least produced decently well on a per snap basis before he transferred to Florida State.

If we based it solely on stats from college, we would have drafted Josh Rosen instead of Josh Allen.  

There is context, and I trust Beane and his team to do the work to understand the nuances of each.  Personally, I think Mitchell is a true WR1 prospect, although I think Thomas still ranks ahead of him.  Before the combine, I actually like McConkey slightly more than Mitchell.  But post combine, I am much more torn on who I would take if both were on the board at 28 and leaning Mitchell now.  

But I do love McConkey as I think he has the highest floor of the bunch that will be there while still having the same high ceiling.  Im actually quite terrified that KC is going to end up with McConkey personally who I think would be a beast in that offense.  

• Agree 1

I wouldnt discount the thought of some teams going defense or o line early with how deep wr is.  Get a solid player in a position of need and get a solid wr round 2.   

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

& Ladd McConkey.  It would be like having a faster Kelce in their offense 

Ladd is a technician with speed and hands. One thing not mentioned enough about Kelce is that he almost never does what he’s supposed to do. I think Ladd would be more on script. Im Not sure I would fear Ladd. I want him on my team but im not sure I will be game planning to stop him.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If we based it solely on stats from college, we would have drafted Josh Rosen instead of Josh Allen.  

There is context, and I trust Beane and his team to do the work to understand the nuances of each.  Personally, I think Mitchell is a true WR1 prospect, although I think Thomas still ranks ahead of him.  Before the combine, I actually like McConkey slightly more than Mitchell.  But post combine, I am much more torn on who I would take if both were on the board at 28 and leaning Mitchell now.  

But I do love McConkey as I think he has the highest floor of the bunch that will be there while still having the same high ceiling.  Im actually quite terrified that KC is going to end up with McConkey personally who I think would be a beast in that offense.  

Easy solution, draft both.  HAHA.....one can dream.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ladd is a technician with speed and hands. One thing not mentioned enough about Kelce is that he almost never does what he’s supposed to do. I think Ladd would be more on script. Im Not sure I would fear Ladd. I want him on my team but im not sure I will be game planning to stop him.

I don't really want him, but could be convinced it's a good pick.   Kincaid and Shakir just seem too similar 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I don't really want him, but could be convinced it's a good pick.   Kincaid and Shakir just seem too similar 

He's not just a slot. He could become the new Diggs. He has that skill set, imo.

You still need to add a big X.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The difference is Kelce also a physical mismatch as too big for a DB and too elusive for a LB. Stevie Johnson was able to free lance as a WR. While he was able to put up good stats I wouldn't but him in Diggs' class. 

On 3/3/2024 at 8:10 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

You're probably the only one who still has Troy Franklin that high. While we all knew Xavier Worthy was fast, we didn't know he was THE fastest to EVER test at ANY position. That's a big deal.

On the flip side, we thought Troy Franklin was 6'3" - he's 6'1". We thought although small, he was 195. He's 175. We thought he had Elite speed like Worthy - he's a 4.4 guy. Then in the on the field drills, he struggled. Probably the most all over the field gauntlet I've ever seen, dropping balls, and falling down in others.

Not to say he can't be a good WR one day. Just to say that the prognosticators were closer to his reality as a mid to late Round 2 guy than the posters of this board who were hyping him up as WR5 prior to the Combine. It was about as bad of a Combine for a guy that was hyped up around these parts as I can remember.

I'm mostly with you.....I probably do have him a little too high here. Overall I'm not the biggest fan, and as I stated, his slight frame coupled with not great hands and I don't think he'll be a Bills target

Ladd is growing on me.  If Thomas is gone, i would take Ladd at 28 and back it up by taking Legette/Corley/Johnny Wilson at 60.  Torn between Ladd, Mitchell and Franklin though

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wanted Franklin at 28 before the combine, but if he’s going to show up 2 inches shorter and almost 20 pounds lighter than his listed ht/wt, that boy better run a 4.3. His time was disappointing for his frame, can he add 20 pounds and maintain 4.4 speed? Not a risk I want to take in round 1.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Brand J said:

I wanted Franklin at 28 before the combine, but if he’s going to show up 2 inches shorter and almost 20 pounds lighter than his listed ht/wt, that boy better run a 4.3. His time was disappointing for his frame, can he add 20 pounds and maintain 4.4 speed? Not a risk I want to take in round 1.

He ran fast enough. He’s built like Jordan Addison. Trust your eyes. He plays fast.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

I want guys that separate or guys that understand coverages.  Preferably both.  

Don’t need a pure burner either.  They absolutely just don’t pan out with exception of Hill and Will Fuller (PEDs) for a few weeks.  

That burner better have a well developed route tree and can catch.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I want guys that separate or guys that understand coverages.  Preferably both.  

Don’t need a pure burner either.  They absolutely just don’t pan out with exception of Hill and Will Fuller (PEDs) for a few weeks.  

That burner better have a well developed route tree and can catch.  

Completely agree. I don't need 4.21 speed if his route running is weak. We need separation and clean routes. Players like Thomas, Mitchell, McConkey have these traits with plus speed.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Ladd is growing on me.  If Thomas is gone, i would take Ladd at 28 and back it up by taking Legette/Corley/Johnny Wilson at 60.  Torn between Ladd, Mitchell and Franklin though

I know it’s fun to think about, but I would be incredibly shocked if the Bills took WR in both the 1st and 2nd round with the defense in the shape that it is in currently.  They could not field a DL or S group today and they can’t count on Tre White returning to form at CB.

1 hour ago, Brand J said:

I’m more concerned about how clumsy he (Franklin) looked running pass routes.  If I recall correctly, he tripped twice running against air - and those weren’t cases where his feet slid out from under him.  He has long legs and they seemed awkward trying to make sharp cuts.