Mike Evans to hit free agency (UPDATE: Re-signed by TB)

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I feel like he'll get more than 21 mil from someone else, but could be wrong.  I'd expect 25-30 mil. 

Agreed. Spotrac had him at a 23.8 aav. And that was before the cap went up and Michael Pittman and Tee Higgins were Franchised.

He's going to the highest bidder. And that bidding war is going to be INSANE. In my opinion, his contract is going to make the Von Miller deal look cheap in comparison. 

We won't get past the guy at the table telling us the buy in amount, let alone take a seat and compete.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Probably not. It sure would be fun though. We would have to pull every lever we had and probably include a couple void years at the end to minimize his cap hit in 2024. Cut Morse, cut White, cut Poyer, maybe even restructure Diggs as much as that seems like a bad idea. All of that plus the extra $12.9 million in cap space, I think it would be feasible and give the current regime one or two last all-in years before they either close the deal or we let another regime handle the rebuild.

Hey I'm not all against this lol. White and poyer are possibly gone anyway right? Idk. Restructures will happen this off-season. I guess it depends on how bad they'd want him and how serious they are about getting WR help. Go Bills

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

For the love of God do not sign with KC for a bargain to chase rings. 

He already has one. At this point in his career, he's probably just looking for one more payday. If he can get that AND chase a ring he would do it. I think the biggest threat to steal him from Tampa is Houston. He played his college ball at A&M (College Station is fairly close to Houston), he's also from Galveston, TX which is not that far from Houston, Houston has $68M, and they have CJ Stroud. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I expect him to stay in TB or go to KC

No chance he goes to KC if he’s after that type of money.  They just won the Super Bowl with a stud rookie and a bunch of bums.  There’s no need to throw huge money at an aging vet.  That WR room can be greatly improved upon for cheap.  A Gabe Davis level player would be a massive upgrade.

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Let KC pay out the wazzoo for him. Give me Mike Williams on a prove-it deal, Troy Franklin with a small trade back, then Malachi Coorley with a 2nd round trade back into the early 3rd. 

Then DT / DE / S til the cows come home. 

like everything about the above.

Mike Williams makes so many contested catches on deep balls.

I don’t think Franklin will be available with a trade back. Not even sure if he is there without moving up.

Edited by iccrewman112
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Can we get to 100 pages by April?

Yes we can, a virtual guarantee! 

😂

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Probably not. It sure would be fun though. We would have to pull every lever we had and probably include a couple void years at the end to minimize his cap hit in 2024. Cut Morse, cut White, cut Poyer, maybe even restructure Diggs as much as that seems like a bad idea. All of that plus the extra $12.9 million in cap space, I think it would be feasible and give the current regime one or two last all-in years before they either close the deal or we let another regime handle the rebuild.

Nah …Just draft somebody and maybe find a cheaper guy in FA ..

55 minutes ago, Billl said:

No chance he goes to KC if he’s after that type of money.  They just won the Super Bowl with a stud rookie and a bunch of bums.  There’s no need to throw huge money at an aging vet.  That WR room can be greatly improved upon for cheap.  A Gabe Davis level player would be a massive upgrade.

I’ve always wondered how Davis would do in that offense. I think there’s a real possibility this happens. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, iccrewman112 said:

like everything about the above.

Mike Williams makes so many contested catches on deep balls.

I don’t think Franklin will be available with a trade back. Not even sure if he is there without moving up.

We can hope, right?