NFL Scouting Combine 2024

KingBoots8

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

Reporting on the combine seems stressful..

I think her bailing out of the interview was because of the sappy jingle the hosts played.

Or upon hearing her voice with the echo effect, she decided to go look up the director of the next Marvel superhero movie, and try for a part.  A female version of 'Black Bolt'. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

Not sure if this really fits for this thread, but it was said at the Combine. I'm cracking up; this makes me believe people will actually say this every season. There's no way anyone could have watched film of next year's class and actually think it's better than this year's.

4 hours ago, BBFL said:

With the lack of dominant pass rushers in the league nowadays and the amount you have to pay the ones who are, I’d rather have blanket coverage across the board where he’s put in a position to wait for the decision. That’s easier said than done with the play calling/design and his talents. 

Pressure certainly bursts pipes but getting a diamond out of that scenario is far more tricky. Think it’s more fruitful to invest in the secondary again. 

You either get QB pressure with talent (which we don't have) or scheme ( which hasn't worked consistently)

This is why I would have made a defensive scheme change this offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Updating my spreadsheet as WR measurements come in: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12pCgsJPa9X-jjNMOZ_exJTAEfxmZOeETzEm8SNkuXec/edit#gid=1244172747

Differences compared to how some of the guys we might be targeting were listed:

• AD Mitchell came in at 6'2.25" and 205 vs. listed 6'4" and 196
  • Xavier Worthy came in at 5'11.25" and 165 vs. listed 6'1" and 172
  • Troy Franklin came in at 6'1.88" and 176 vs. listed 6'3" and 187
  • Brian Thomas came in at 6'2.88" and 209 vs. listed 6'4" and 205
Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Updating my spreadsheet as WR measurements come in: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12pCgsJPa9X-jjNMOZ_exJTAEfxmZOeETzEm8SNkuXec/edit#gid=1244172747

• Brian Thomas came in at 6'2.88" vs. listed 6'4"

This is why they have the combine.  Lol all these guys shrunk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Those are heights are close enough to what they’d be in shoes/cleats.  Worthy and Franklins weights more concerning.  

In terms of outliers there is a difference between Tee Higgins or Dk Metcalf size to what these prospects are.  They need to run fast.   

29 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

but if they have cleats on…..

14 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The wind in Buffalo might be enough to snap Xavier Worthy or Troy Franklin in half.

well good they can both make it to 60 (won’t happen)  and the Bills can come away with:

1 of Thomas Jr / AD Mitchell / Legette

AND 

Franklin / Worthy

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DJB said:

No chance Worthy goes round 1. I’ve said all along that his teammate A Mitchell is better anyways 

Adonai at 28 & Worthy at 60

would be a cool story

if Worthy runs a 4.29 today he could still go in the 1st IMO

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Holy crapy. This is almost as bad as the dating sites where (I'm told, not that there's anything wrong with that) that all the guys lie about their height (every guy claims to be at least 6' even if he's 5'8") and half the women, at least my age, subtract 5 years from their age.

Shame, shame, shame...

59 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Mitchell is the one that surprises me a bit. I knew Thomas wasn't 6'4" just looking at him, likewise with Franklin and 6'3". Worthy is my height. But Mitchell on his film looks legit big. Surprised he came in shorter than Thomas.

Just now, Nephilim17 said:

Holy crapy. This is almost as bad as the dating sites where (I'm told, not that there's anything wrong with that) that all the guys lie about their height (every guy claims to be at least 6' even if he's 5'8") and half the women, at least my age, subtract 5 years from their age.

Shame, shame, shame...

Guys are always claiming extra inches in my experience.....

• Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Adonai at 28 & Worthy at 60

would be a cool story

After seeing his size how fast does Worthy and Franklin need to run to be considered at 28?  Under 4.3 or 4.35?  

Edited by Mat68

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Mitchell is the one that surprises me a bit. I knew Thomas wasn't 6'4" just looking at him, likewise with Franklin and 6'3". Worthy is my height. But Mitchell on his film looks legit big. Surprised he came in shorter than Thomas.

Guys are always claiming extra inches in my experience.....

I knew Worthy and Franklin were going to come in light, but those weights are kinda eye popping. I agree on Mitchell though; not like 6'2" is short by any means but he looks taller than that to my eye and part of the allure with him was that 6'4" guys don't usually have the flexibility/loose hips that he does.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

A lot of these measurements might be the reason why Coleman is still rated higher despite the film saying otherwise 

To be fair, we haven't gotten measurements on Coleman yet lol. But I do expect him to be among the biggest WRs in the class.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Trey Benson big RB just ran an impressive 4.39

The problem with Benson is he lacks vision and is indecisive in his cuts. When he gets going he’s a monster but I think he needs to be drafted by a gap system team to fully reap his rewards. It is nice to see FSU guys killing the combine again tho 

• Agree 1

6'3.25" and 213 lbs for Keon Coleman; tied with Harrison for the tallest WR so far and the heaviest WR by 1 lb so far over Odunze. Was listed at 6'4" and 215 so relatively spot on.

A couple other sleeper candidates that some of the people here like:

• Javon Baker: 6'1.25" and 202
  • Jermaine Burton: 6'0.25" and 196

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

The problem with Benson is he lacks vision and is indecisive in his cuts. When he gets going he’s a monster but I think he needs to be drafted by a gap system team to fully reap his rewards. It is nice to see FSU guys killing the combine again tho 

Agree he need to run straight downhill. 

Posted (edited)

RB 40 yard times:

Emani Bailey: 4.67, 4.61

Trey Benson: 4.39, X

Blake Corum: 4.53, 4.58

Isaiah Davis: 4.59, 4.58

Ray Davis: 4.53, 4.58

Audric Estime: 4.72, 4.72

Isaac Guerendo: 4.33, X

George Holani: 4.52, 4.53

Bucky Irving: 4.56, 4.58

Dillon Johnson: 4.68, 4.76

Jawhar Jordan: 4.56, 4.6

Dylan Laube: 4.57, 4.54

MarShawn Lloyd: 4.46, X

Kendall Milton: 4.62, 4.66

Keilan Robinson: 4.42, 4.43

Cody Schrader: 4.61, 4.69

Jaden Shirden: 4.46, 4.46

Tyrone Tracy Jr: 4.49, 4.51

Kimani Vidal: 4.47, 4.46

Michael Wiley: 4.56, 4.52

Jaylen Wright: 4.44, 4.38

Side Note: Frank Gore Jr has met with the Bills and Dolphins. not running the 40 today.

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

6'3.25" and 213 lbs for Keon Coleman; tied with Harrison for the tallest WR so far and the heaviest WR by 1 lb so far over Odunze. Was listed at 6'4" and 215 so relatively spot on.

Burton is going to rise.  Imo he will run well.  Could be a solid day 2 target if they go elsewhere rd 1.  

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, the WR height metrics we read about all season were obviously nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

How tall was Odunze?

25 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Burton is going to rise.  Imo he will run well.  Could be a solid day 2 target if they go elsewhere rd 1.  

Averaged over 20 ypc and had 0 drops this year too.  He would be rated much higher if Alabama had better QB play imo. He had three touchdowns against Texas but two got called back due to away from the play penalties.

He and Brenden Rice are my top second day WRs for the Bills talent wise though who knows how Burtons character will check out.

2 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Averaged over 20 ypc and had 0 drops this year too.  He would be rated much higher if Alabama had better QB play imo. He had three touchdowns against Texas but two got called back due to away from the play penalties.

He and Brenden Rice are my top second day WRs for the Bills talent wise though who knows how Burtons character will check out.

what’s the deal with Burton? Are there attitude concerns with him? “Headcase” talk

Brendan Rice if he makes it to Round 4 would be fun to have Jerry at Bills games. Worth a shot he’s half of his father

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

what’s the deal with Burton? Are there attitude concerns with him? “Headcase” talk

Brendan Rice if he makes it to Round 4 would be fun to have Jerry at Bills games. Worth a shot he’s half of his father

https://atozsports.com/nashville/alabama-wr-jermaine-burton-with-female-fan-end-of-tennessee/

And Jerry and Brenden don’t have a great relationship so don’t know if that would happen lol