Pit Bulls are so cuddly!!! Breed more of them.

BringBackFergy

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I'm glad you brought up mastiffs because they seem to be the favorite "guard dog" of new generation of sickos and/or criminals seeking to weaponize dogs.   Lots of dog breeds have less than ideal temperaments, but it's the owners/handlers/supposed trainers who make individual dogs dangerous by their mistreatment. 

A beautiful day in the suburbs. Bam!! A cuddly “pittie” gets loose. Yeah. Owner trained it to do this. Sure. 

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/pregnant-women-injured-after-being-attacked-by-a-pit-bull-in-dallas/3455905/?amp=1

I can do this all day…respond with Labrador or Golden doodle attacks. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I'm glad you brought up mastiffs because they seem to be the favorite "guard dog" of new generation of sickos and/or criminals seeking to weaponize dogs.   Lots of dog breeds have less than ideal temperaments, but it's the owners/handlers/supposed trainers who make individual dogs dangerous by their mistreatment. 

Totally disagree. Psycho dog across the street isn't mistreated. Still a psycho dog.

• Like (+1) 2

Seriously?

SHUT.

THIS.

DOWN.

The notion that certain breeds of dogs are ‘more dangerous’ than others is absurd and ignorant. 

Most ‘bad’ dogs are the direct products of far worse owners. 

Most ‘dog people’ barely give a true thought to the psychological changes a dog can go through due to suffering and take any steps or given any real thought into what environmental triggers might be in the new surroundings. 

Some dogs/animals can be born with screws loose (just like people), but the arrogance, incompetence, and ignorance of people handling them create so much of these tragedies and often the people are never held accountable. 

Sometimes ***** just happens. I have 2 direct family members who have been seriously injured from unprovoked attacks from golden retrievers. 

This thread is pathetic, and I find it absolutely DISGUSTING that the openly discussed euthanasia of an entire breed of dog has been on this MB for over 24 hours. I am legitimately disappointed in Two Bills Drive. 

If I sound pissed off by the topic of killing off Pitty breeds, it’s because my family has two of them. Great dogs from a great home. Maybe I’m onto something? 

So yea, screw this thread, @SDS @Hapless Bills Fan @Simon and friends please shut this down. 

Signed,

A dog dad. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Pit bulls may present a greater danger than other breeds for many reasons, such as because they have been bred to be more aggressive, are less likely to back down during fights and are less likely to give a warning before a bite.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/legal/dog-attack-statistics-breed/

• Eyeroll 1

https://calgaryherald.com/news/dogs-attack-couple-out-for-a-walk-in-southeast-calgary-injuring-their-dog-and-killing-another/wcm/e5269049-4e8e-4773-aa25-7be51387fc51/amp/

Here’s a victim who owned pitties in the past…now her opinion of them has changed. 

“The couple are dog lovers and have even owned pit bulls in the past, but now she sees them differently.

“These dogs are so strong and have such powerful jaws that they are deadly weapons. All owners of large dogs, especially these breeds, must be aware of the potential for carnage and fatalities, both human and animal,” she said.”

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Seriously?

SHUT.

THIS.

DOWN.

The notion that certain breeds of dogs are ‘more dangerous’ than others is absurd and ignorant. 

Most ‘dog people’ barely give a true thought to the psychological changes a dog can go through due to suffering and take any steps or given any real thought into what environmental triggers might be in the new surroundings. 

Some dogs/animals can be born with screws loose (just like people), but the arrogance, incompetence, and ignorance of people handling them create so much of these tragedies and often the people are never held accountable. 

Sometimes ***** just happens. I have 2 direct family members who have been seriously injured from unprovoked attacks from golden retrievers. 

This thread is pathetic, and I find it absolutely DISGUSTING that the openly discussed euthanasia of an entire breed of dog has been on this MB for over 24 hours. I am legitimately disappointed in Two Bills Drive. 

If I sound pissed off by the topic of killing off Pitty breeds, it’s because my family has two of them. Great dogs from a great home. Maybe I’m onto something? 

So yea, screw this thread, @SDS @Hapless Bills Fan @Simon and friends please shut this down. 

Signed,

A dog dad. 

I'm with you.

Dogs, no matter the breed, are direct descendants from their owners temperament. 

Bad owner = bad dog

Good owner = good dog

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Seriously?

SHUT.

THIS.

DOWN.

Signed,

A dog dad. 

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

I'm with you.

Dogs, no matter the breed, are direct descendants from their owners temperament. 

Bad owner = bad dog

Good owner = good dog

Real statistics say otherwise. 

And there’s nothing off color or over the line in this thread. 

It’s simply a topic for discussion, which is kind of what we do here. 

It’s fine to disagree, but I don’t see the point in running to mommy and daddy about it. 

It’s easy to refrain from clicking the link and moving onto another thread about the Chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

I'm with you.

Bad owner = bad dog

Good owner = good dog

On 2/25/2024 at 8:35 PM, LeviF said:

Guys, you don’t understand. The disproportionate number of deaths and hospitalizations are just because bad owners really particularly like this dog, and only this dog. 

The most predictable ***** in the world lmao

9 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

They’re no more dangerous than any other breed!  That’s why we have all these underground golden retriever fighting rings 

Do Pitties set up their own fighting rings????

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Do Pitties set up their own fighting rings????

I am not disagreeing with anyone who says that dogs’ behavior is molded by their owners. 

I also believe that pit bulls are overbred, which doesn’t help matters any. 

Can a pit bull be raised in a loving home by responsible owners and live a complete life with no violent incidents?  YES. 

But the statistics overwhelmingly show that many of the attacks on other dogs and people (often their owners/family) are not the fighting dogs or dogs raised in bad environments. 

They are the dogs who’ve never bitten anyone before. 

They have triggers. It’s not their fault and it’s not their owners’ fault when they suddenly snap. 

It’s unpredictable and unavoidable. 

It’s really no one’s fault. 

My point is this: why do we continue to breed these dangerous animals, knowing there is no controlling them?

It makes no sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

I wish there was a way to block a thread from our feeds.  This type of conversation in PPP would be status quo. Here it is crusading which is usually frowned upon.

We get it. You think any dog with pittie blood is a potential killer. Noone is going to change your mind. Nature vs nurture. I think it is a combination of both.

noone who is involved in animal rescue or anyone with a sound mind would breed these dogs for sale. The shelters are overrun with too many dogs produced by

irresponsible people who don't spay and neuter their dogs as it is.  

Maybe I should look up and post a few links regarding pitties being service dogs or some positive stories.  But Im not going to bother. Total waste of time

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

I wish there was a way to block a thread from our feeds.  This type of conversation in PPP would be status quo. Here it is crusading which is usually frowned upon.

We get it. You think any dog with pittie blood is a potential killer. Noone is going to change your mind. Nature vs nurture. I think it is a combination of both.

noone who is involved in animal rescue or anyone with a sound mind would breed these dogs for sale. The shelters are overrun with too many dogs produced by

Maybe I should look up and post a few links regarding pitties being service dogs or some positive stories.  But Im not going to bother. Total waste of time

You do realize that politics has not come up once in this entire thread, right?

That’s likely because it’s not a discussion about anything political. 

PPP is for Political discussions. 

We are talking about dogs. 

There is nothing wrong with this conversation. 

The only people getting off topic and angry are the handful who disagree with the OP. 

If the topic is not your cup of tea, simply don’t join the conversation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, boater said:

The City of Buffalo Animal Shelter is Pit Bull Central. Because of all the outstanding animal owners in the city.

They call them "Pit Bull Terrier Mix" or else they wouldn't get adopted.

18 million people don’t agree with you.    Tell more cool stories 🗑️🗑️

https://humanesocietytampa.org/pit-bulls-are-2023s-1-breed-in-the-united-states/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Seriously?

SHUT.

THIS.

DOWN.

Signed,

A dog dad. 

My wife is a veterinarian. She sees 2-3 dogs a week mauled by Pitbulls. She and almost every other veterinarian realize they are extremely dangerous dogs. Numerous times at her practice and others special procedures are taken at practices when Pitts (or other dangerous breeds enter). This includes emptying the lobby and common areas of all animals and children specifically. The dog is muzzled as soon as it enters the property. This is also required by insurance. There are times they even hobble the dogs.

You cannot control a 130 lbs animal set out to kill or attack.

If you want to continue to be outraged and personally saddened. Go ahead... I'll raise the stakes now. Kill all pit bulls.

2 hours ago, muppy said:

There is a way. Don't open it. Don't read it. Don't reply. It's hard to be responsible, I guess

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, boater said:

The City of Buffalo Animal Shelter is Pit Bull Central. Because of all the outstanding animal owners in the city.

They classify any animal with pit genetics as a pitbull because they must. Most of these dogs get out down. Most no kill shelters are terribly managed, understaffed, unregulated, and often more harm than good.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, boater said:

22 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

18 million people don’t agree with you.    Tell more cool stories 🗑️🗑️

https://humanesocietytampa.org/pit-bulls-are-2023s-1-breed-in-the-united-states/

A guy on my college hoops message board is a director at a shelter in his area. He says Pit Bulls account for well over 80% of the population at the shelter. I looked at volunteering at a shelter near us, and that number seemed very conservative. They are irresponsibly bred and that’s not the dog’s fault, but that doesn’t make them safe. 

Of course the shelters are going to sell you on the virtues of the creatures they can’t get rid of. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

My wife is a veterinarian. She sees 2-3 dogs a week mauled by Pitbulls. She and almost every other veterinarian realize they are extremely dangerous dogs. Numerous times at her practice and others special procedures are taken at practices when Pitts (or other dangerous breeds enter). This includes emptying the lobby and common areas of all animals and children specifically. The dog is muzzled as soon as it enters the property. This is also required by insurance. There are times they even hobble the dogs.

You cannot control a 130 lbs animal set out to kill or attack.

You raise a good point. 

Yes, there are golden retriever, collie and Labrador bites...most of those end in a few puncture wounds, some scarring maybe.

When a pitbull bites, it keeps going until the job is done.

As Gugny said, there's a trigger in their breed that may kick into overdrive to render the victim (other dog, person) severely injured. 

Yes, there are responsible pittie owners, but permitting ownership of this breed should be regulated in some fashion given 68% of all fatalities/injuries are attributable to this breed.