Dolphins to release CB Xavien Howard

Gregg

8 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

The Dolphins are in a similar terrible cap situation like the Bills but don't even have a division title to show for it.

Lot of pressure in south beach to navigate a tough situation and finally break through the AFC East next year. And they might just finally be able to do it since the Bills are likely going to take a big step backward with their own salary cap mess to work through.

The Dolphins will not win the AFC East unless Josh Allen misses significant time. They are not that good and they fold like a pack of cards when the going gets tough. They are more likely to finish under .500 in 2024 than to win the division IMO.

• Agree 4

19 hours ago, FireChans said:

They are experiencing their own step back with worse coaching and a worse QB. Their shot was this year and they of course choked it away in December and January because that’s what the Dolphins do.

don’t hold your breath.

Or, please hold your breath … 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

They should with White but they won't,  no many DB'S return to form after two major leg injuries. 

I've noticed the company line on wgr has been that the new procedures they have for Achilles injuries players are more likely to return to form and Tre isn't that old. I think we may have a regime that will want to hold on to "thier" guys just a little too long to the detriment of winning a Superbowl. And again I must state I only need to see them get 1.

22 hours ago, Virgil said:

That's a crazy 2025 dead cap hit.  Wouldn't it make more sense to restructure or extend him?

His decline is underway and is getting steeper the longer he's around.  No shame in that.  He's been an excellent player for several years, but everyone slows down as time passes. But restructuring means keeping a fading star on the roster, and who knows what kind of negative impact that would bring.

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Dolphins will not win the AFC East unless Josh Allen misses significant time. They are not that good and they fold like a pack of cards when the going gets tough. They are more likely to finish under .500 in 2024 than to win the division IMO.

It's the Jets that have me most concerned, possibly not in 2024 while the sort out the QB situation and rebuild their O line, but after that, they'll be really tough. 

I think the Bills tore the hearts out of the Dolphins in 2023.  The fish had so much confidence in their "juggernaut" as the creamed weaker teams, but they realized as time went on they weren't competitive with the good teams.  Predicting the AFCE in 2024:  Bills, Jets, Dolphins, ......... , Patriots

• Agree 1

On 2/23/2024 at 3:46 PM, FilthyBeast said:

The Dolphins are in a similar terrible cap situation like the Bills but don't even have a division title to show for it.

Lot of pressure in south beach to navigate a tough situation and finally break through the AFC East next year. And they might just finally be able to do it since the Bills are likely going to take a big step backward with their own salary cap mess to work through.

11-6 in 2023, what’s a “big step back?”  9-8?  8-9?

Didn’t this guy hold out in order to get top 3 CB money at the start of 2022?

They really went all in for 2023.  

They can say the same about injury luck as the Bills.  They completely fell apart after Phillips tore that Achilles and then they left Chubb in a game they were down by 30 with 5 minutes left.   

LBs hurt.  Ramsey hurt to start the season.  

Waddle was hurt most of the season.  

Achane was hurt.  

I don’t feel bad for them at all.   

20 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

You are truly the comedy gift that keeps on giving.

You’ve been predicting the Dolphins to overtake the Bills for years. One of these days you will be right. Just like the guy that predicts a stock market crass every year.

Kind of like my lotto numbers. I got to hit eventually

On 2/23/2024 at 5:29 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

I would wait on Von. If he gets his confidence back he can still be an impact player for us

That would be a pleasant surprise, but Beane & co need to keep expectations as low as possible and not depend on Von ever getting back to form. Just how they worked around Tre White by having a capable starter to come in for him. 

On 2/23/2024 at 5:29 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

I would wait on Von. If he gets his confidence back he can still be an impact player for us

All the negative reactions are emotional. All this b-wording will vanish the second he looks even 80% (and he will) of his 1st season he was here. After seeing Tre the year before, nobody should've had unregulated expectations for this season.

Mark it down, feel free to quote this anytime between sep-feb

17 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Didn’t this guy hold out in order to get top 3 CB money at the start of 2022?

They really went all in for 2023.  

They can say the same about injury luck as the Bills.  They completely fell apart after Phillips tore that Achilles and then they left Chubb in a game they were down by 30 with 5 minutes left.   

LBs hurt.  Ramsey hurt to start the season.  

Waddle was hurt most of the season.  

Achane was hurt.  

I don’t feel bad for them at all.   

Yep. Our cap situation sucks but at least we have our QB paid. They still have Tua on a rookie deal lol.

And def don't feel bad for them as well, especially when they were laughing when Milano went down 

On 2/24/2024 at 5:22 AM, Whkfc said:

Dude is washed. That was a great contract for 8 games.

They’re gonna be some awful stupid feeling people if Von Miller actually rounds out to even 85% of what he was

But then, some of these names you don’t even know who the ***** they are anyway, and they’ll just change them

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

They’re gonna be some awful stupid feeling people if Von Miller actually rounds out to even 85% of what he was

But then, some of these names you don’t even know who the ***** they are anyway, and they’ll just change them

If I'm wrong I will eat it no need to change my username. I didn't like the Allen pick that would prolly be why I'm not an nfl gm

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.