1.) DT Daquan Jones - Buffalo Bills

2.) DT Malcolm Roach - New Orleans Saints 

3.) S Alohi Gilman - LA Chargers

4.) WR Josh Reynolds - Detroit Lions

5.) DE Tyquan Lewis - Indianapolis Colts

6.) S Brandon Jones - Miami Dolphins

7.) WR Noah Brown - Houston Texans

8.) DT Austin Johnson - LA Chargers

Interesting to me to see them share half of their lists. Great breakdown of some realistic fits for us when it comes to money and scheme.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 7

• BillsFanForever19 changed the title to Cover 1's Top Free Agent Fits for the Bills
9 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Sign Daquan and then add to the DL and S rooms in free agency.  Address remaining needs in the draft.

Exactly my plan. 

I think we can possibly get Daquan before he hits the market and then pick up a rotational DE and at least one S. I am also not against cutting Poyer and picking up two S's (and then drafting one in 3rd or 4th round)

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Sign Daquan and then add to the DL and S rooms in free agency.  Address remaining needs in the draft.

Hoping that we can get two or even three quality starters out of this years draft. 

Perhaps Kincaid and Torrence have opened McD's eyes to the fact that rookies can play in this league.

• Like (+1) 4

I can make a wish list of all the things I want to buy, too.  But alas, I have no money.

Same story with the Bills.  They ain't got no money this year.  As constructed, if they sign 1 free agent it'll be a miracle.  Draft & camp cuts here we come.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Exactly my plan. 

I think we can possibly get Daquan before he hits the market and then pick up a rotational DE and at least one S. I am also not against cutting Poyer and picking up two S's (and then drafting one in 3rd or 4th round)

With Hyde not coming back I think they will keep Poyer for this year. I agree that they need to draft a S as the team needs to get younger in the secondary. Have to figure Tre will either be cut or have to take a pay cut. I can't see him being a factor this year anyway coming off a 2nd major injury.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

They have to sign at least one WR in FA. It can be a cheaper, aging vet or a player on a prove it deal, but it can’t be nothing.

• Agree 3

49 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Defense is going to get annihilated by good offenses regardless of who you sign or draft.   I’d go all offense in FA and Draft, only add defense vis UDFA’s and bargain bin FA’s excepting vet minimum.  Way too much money invested in this defense that folds every post season.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Exactly my plan. 

Spend whatever FA money we have on defense.  Jones & Greenard, maybe Chinn or Gilman....then 70% of the draft on offense...at least 2 wrs.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Defense is going to get annihilated by good offenses regardless of who you sign or draft.   I’d go all offense in FA and Draft, only add defense vis UDFA’s and bargain bin FA’s excepting vet minimum.  Way too much money invested in this defense that folds every post season.  

What offensive positions or players do you have in mind as FA targets?

13 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

To piggy back off this, the best, most consistent players we have on defense were not big FAs or first/second round picks.

Milano - R5

Bernard - R3

Hyde - Not a top tier FA

Poyer - Wasn’t even considered a good player when we signed him. 

Jones - Solid, but not a top tier FA

Benford - R6

Douglas - Really struggled early in his career, R3 pick traded. 
Dodson - UDFA 

Johnson - R4 

Epenesa - R2

Ed looked good last year, but took 2-3 years to develop.

Groot looks good. 

Edmunds took 2-3 years to develop into a game manager MLB. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Anthony's Top Bills Targets:

1.) DE Jonathan Greenard - Houston Texans

2.) DT Sheldon Rankins - Houston Texans

3.) DT Daquan Jones - Buffalo Bills

4.) S Jeremy Chinn - Carolina Panthers

5.) WR Noah Brown - Houston Texans

7.) DT A'Shawn Robinson - New York Giants 

8.) DT Malcolm Roach - New Orleans Saints

Erik's Top Bills Targets:

1.) DT Daquan Jones - Buffalo Bills

2.) DT Malcolm Roach - New Orleans Saints 

3.) S Alohi Gilman - LA Chargers

4.) WR Josh Reynolds - Detroit Lions

5.) DE Tyquan Lewis - Indianapolis Colts

7.) WR Noah Brown - Houston Texans

8.) DT Austin Johnson - LA Chargers

Interesting to me to see them share half of their lists. Great breakdown of some realistic fits for us when it comes to money and scheme.

Chinn or Brandon Jones. Either would be a nice pickup.  DT Roach seems good too 

I think: 

- Cam Lewis is back to complete for the FS job

- Poona Ford is back on a slight pay bump from last season, will actually be on the active roster, starter if Jones does not return

- Daquan Jones is back if he will take a deal that reflects a player in his early 30’s coming off a season mostly lost to injury.

- Ty Dodson tests the market, ultimately returns on a 1 year deal

- TM44 returns on a 1 year deal

- Dane Jackson returns

- Shaq Lawson returns in August

- AJE leaves to start elsewhere 

- Floyd leaves to get paid elsewhere

- Hyde ‘retires’ 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I think: 

- Cam Lewis is back to complete for the FS job

- Poona Ford is back on a slight pay bump from last season, will actually be on the active roster, starter if Jones does not return

- Daquan Jones is back if he will take a deal that reflects a player in his early 30’s coming off a season mostly lost to injury.

- Ty Dodson tests the market, ultimately returns on a 1 year deal

- TM44 returns on a 1 year deal

- Dane Jackson returns

- Shaq Lawson returns in August

- AJE leaves to start elsewhere 

- Floyd leaves to get paid elsewhere

- Hyde ‘retires’ 

Poona was absent even when he was on the field. Sorry I would not bring him back. Instead I'd go for a guy like Montravious Adams or Armon Watts to add to the rotation, granted I haven't really researched all UFAs this year so am sure there are other guys out there. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ScotSHO said:

I can make a wish list of all the things I want to buy, too.  But alas, I have no money.

Same story with the Bills.  They ain't got no money this year.  As constructed, if they sign 1 free agent it'll be a miracle.  Draft & camp cuts here we come.

You do know that it won’t take much to break even, let alone have positive cap space, right?

- Restructure Allen (Guaranteed to happen)

- Extend Dawkins, Douglas, Johnson (All nearly guaranteed to happen)

- Oliver/Milano/Knox restructure (safe bets)

- Morse/White/Hardy pay cuts (safe bets)

Almost no reason to stress about the cap. 

They can’t go out and get a 20m per guy, but theyll be able to get their 1.7m FAs they love and maybe a 2nd wave FA vet signing. 

• Disagree 1

• No one 30 or older.  I wouldn't even go for 29 year old players.
  • No one who missed 50% or more games last year.

The list should start with that group of players.  Then you look at production.  The Bills have to get out of the business of old players this year.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.