NFL combine participants

Prospector

Ah, the “measurable’s” Olympics and hype factory will be in full off season production…, 

I'm just glad that the 2023 season is over, so that we can all watch big and fast men run and jump in their underwear, and can resume passionately advocating for and against drafting players we've only seen a two minute YouTube highlight clip of.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952vek9d7y6z2upqat99pq

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Ah, the “measurable’s” Olympics and hype factory will be in full off season production…, 

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised to see the combine completed done away with in the coming years, or altered drastically maybe with the top 100 projected players not attending or something. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan, is a player I would love to see the Bills draft.

I don’t know much about him but a few things I read is that he’s more of a Nickle DB. Idk. Maybe I read wrong. Either way, if that’s true I’m a hard pass. We have TJ

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

His teammate Cornelius Johnson, WR has caught my eye as a possible 5th or later round pick. 

Johnson is not spectacular, but he gets the job done. Good height and hands. 

I just wonder if we already have him on the roster with Shorter.

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm just glad that the 2023 season is over, so that we can all watch big and fast men run and jump in their underwear, and can resume passionately advocating for and against drafting players we've only seen a two minute YouTube highlight clip of.

I go the extra distance and watch some 8 minute highlight videos also

• Haha (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Logic said:

You're forgetting the impact of the music for each, as well.

No joke, if I am a top prospect I put my clips out with Weird Al, Joe Diffie, or polka.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, julian said:

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised to see the combine completed done away with in the coming years, or altered drastically maybe with the top 100 projected players not attending or something. 

A lot of the value for teams is from medical checks and interviews- valuable to teams even if some don’t do the drills.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

A lot of the value for teams is from medical checks and interviews- valuable to teams even if some don’t do the drills.

Yeah for sure, the interviews are definitely valuable.

4 minutes ago, julian said:

Yeah for sure, the interviews are definitely valuable.

To some extent but with some of the sh-t they ask these guys, I’d hardly call that reason for a valuable assessment. 

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

To some extent but with some of the sh-t they ask these guys, I’d hardly call that reason for a valuable assessment. 

I’m going to want to interview someone before I hire them.. that seems reasonable.

16 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I think a lot of teams know how good of a football player this dude is. He may not be a first rounder, but I bet he goes on day two.

15 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Johnson is not spectacular, but he gets the job done. Good height and hands. 

I just wonder if we already have him on the roster with Shorter.

The Office Thats GIF

Edited by NeverOutNick
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, julian said:

I’m going to want to interview someone before I hire them.. that seems reasonable.

I won’t disagree that any interview process has some benefits, it does, just that some of the stuff has absolutely no value that they ask. Every year there’s plenty of prospects stating that some teams ask some weird and way too inappropriate questions. 

Method to their madness, must be. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I don’t know much about him but a few things I read is that he’s more of a Nickle DB. Idk. Maybe I read wrong. Either way, if that’s true I’m a hard pass. We have TJ

I don’t think that’s true. He switched over from wide receiver to cornerback and you can stick him outside or inside and he’s going to make plays. He’s just a really smart really good football player and I would love him on the bills as well. Even though it’s not a need. 

6 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I won’t disagree that any interview process has some benefits, it does, just that some of the stuff has absolutely no value that they ask. Every year there’s plenty of prospects stating that some teams ask some weird and way too inappropriate questions. 

Method to their madness, must be. 

Yeah some questions seems weird.. during the interview process for entry into the RCMP my sister was asked is she visually inspected her poop before flushing.

Doesn’t seem to offer anything of value but the highest law enforcement agency in Canada thought it had merit.

Just now, julian said:

Yeah some questions seems weird.. during the interview process for entry into the RCMP my sister was asked is she visually inspected her poop before flushing.

Doesn’t seem to offer anything of value but the highest law enforcement agency in Canada thought it had merit.

Attention to detail. Inspection of a crime scene? Plenty of options. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Attention to detail. Inspection of a crime scene? Plenty of options. 

Yeah, we thought it was probably a trustworthy assessment type of question, Probably everyone looks before flushing so let’s see if the applicant will lie about something they deem insignificant just to avoid discomfort or embarrassment.

But you very well may be correct.

3 hours ago, Prospector said:

I go the extra distance and watch some 8 minute highlight videos also

You do it for the music, don’t you!   😋

Edited by Augie

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I love Mikey Sainristil, but I worry if he has the physique to survive in the NFL.  He's listed at 5'10", 182 lbs. which is in the small side for the NFL to begin with, and I'm not sure he's really that tall or that heavy.  Obviously, the real numbers will be revealed at the combine.  That said, he's a great team player, leader, and clutch performer and his the skill and compete level to succeed in the NFL.  The Bills could certainly use some young, talented CBs.

I also love his teammate WR Roman Wilson, but have of the same concerns.  Wilson is listed at 6'0", 192 lbs., but seems smaller than that.  He does PLAY bigger than that, but I could see him having trouble getting off the line in the NFL and/or struggling with injuries.  Wilson, like Sainristil, is a great team player who consistently comes through in the clutch.  He may be too similar to Shakir for the Bills to be interested in him on Day 2, when he's likely to get drafted.  I think the Bills are interested in a taller, more physical WR.

Finally, I'm a huge fan of Michigan RB Blake Corum.  He's not tall, but he's stocky and well-built, and squats unbelievable amounts of weight, so I think he'll be fine physically in the NFL.  He doesn't have breakaway speed, but he always gets positive yardage, is fantastic on 3rd and 4th and short, and has a nose for the end zone.  He's Michigan's all-time leader in TDs and had 27 (TWENTY-SEVEN!) TD's this past season, including the dagger to kill off Ohio State, the OT winner vs. Alabama in the Playoff/Rose Bowl and 2 in the fourth quarter in the National Championship game.  He was not used in the passing game a ton, but showed good hands and was effective when called upon.  He's also a team-first guy, active in the community, and a clutch performer (see the previous sentence).  He's look awfully good in the red, white and blue next season.  Again, with Cook, the Bills might not be in the market for a guy like Corum at the point in the draft when he comes off the board.  I could envision Corum being a workhorse #1 back in the NFL, but most teams have platoon backfields these days and he'd be a nice complement to Cook.

All of these guys made enormous contributions to Michigan's run to the national championship.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Most of the top guys won't do the drills. They'll come, get interviewed, maybe bench and jump, and then leave. For instance, there is no way that Caleb Williams will actually throw. What I want to see is some of the WRs run. 

I think that's a little disappointing there's something to guy's having the confidence to go out and perform where they don't have complete control of the situation.

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I love Mikey Sainristil, but I worry if he has the physique to survive in the NFL.  He's listed at 5'10", 182 lbs. which is in the small side for the NFL to begin with, and I'm not sure he's really that tall or that heavy.  Obviously, the real numbers will be revealed at the combine.  That said, he's a great team player, leader, and clutch performer and his the skill and compete level to succeed in the NFL.  The Bills could certainly use some young, talented CBs.

I also love his teammate WR Roman Wilson, but have of the same concerns.  Wilson is listed at 6'0", 192 lbs., but seems smaller than that.  He does PLAY bigger than that, but I could see him having trouble getting off the line in the NFL and/or struggling with injuries.  Wilson, like Sainristil, is a great team player who consistently comes through in the clutch.  He may be too similar to Shakir for the Bills to be interested in him on Day 2, when he's likely to get drafted.  I think the Bills are interested in a taller, more physical WR.

Finally, I'm a huge fan of Michigan RB Blake Corum.  He's not tall, but he's stocky and well-built, and squats unbelievable amounts of weight, so I think he'll be fine physically in the NFL.  He doesn't have breakaway speed, but he always gets positive yardage, is fantastic on 3rd and 4th and short, and has a nose for the end zone.  He's Michigan's all-time leader in TDs and had 27 (TWENTY-SEVEN!) TD's this past season, including the dagger to kill off Ohio State, the OT winner vs. Alabama in the Playoff/Rose Bowl and 2 in the fourth quarter in the National Championship game.  He was not used in the passing game a ton, but showed good hands and was effective when called upon.  He's also a team-first guy, active in the community, and a clutch performer (see the previous sentence).  He's look awfully good in the red, white and blue next season.  Again, with Cook, the Bills might not be in the market for a guy like Corum at the point in the draft when he comes off the board.  I could envision Corum being a workhorse #1 back in the NFL, but most teams have platoon backfields these days and he'd be a nice complement to Cook.

All of these guys made enormous contributions to Michigan's run to the national championship.

Absolutely love your takes. You definitely watch the wolverines. And I agree all 3 would be welcomed additions to the bills depending on the round we take them

7 hours ago, mrags said:

My scouting report on him is:

Strong coverage instincts

Can get too handsy at times

Not enough sand in the pants.

Hips are not fluid enough to dance to fast songs

Not a natural brunette

VERY pee shy, does not translate to an NFL locker room

Day 3 pick on Jauronimo's Big Board

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Logic said:

Well ya better prepare for us drafting 10 of these underwear jumpers.

8 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

I don’t think that’s true. He switched over from wide receiver to cornerback and you can stick him outside or inside and he’s going to make plays. He’s just a really smart really good football player and I would love him on the bills as well. Even though it’s not a need. 

Well. I’m 100% there too. It’s not a major need for a CB imo. I understand they need depth there and I’m fully aware they will attempt to get one every single year but if they get one before rd 5 I’ll puke 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.