New stadium ticket information announced

mrags

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

so 40k probably for my 4 seats plus the actual season ticket price. And they think a ton of people will pay that? Good luck

Fans are going to drop their season tickets and just buy individual game tickets so they can avoid the PSL fee. So many Jets and Giants fans did this, and I would imagine many Bills fans will do the same thing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Fans are going to drop their season tickets and just buy individual game tickets so they can avoid the PSL fee. So many Jets and Giants fans did this, and I would imagine many Bills fans will do the same thing.

I mean, that has to be the case. I know for a fact that every single person that I have met in my section over all these years will not be paying the PSL fee if it is 10k or more per ticket.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I mean, that has to be the case. I know for a fact that every single person that I have met in my section over all these years will not be paying the PSL fee if it is 10k or more per ticket.

even if you could afford it, why would anyone pay that kind of money for the right to buy a ticket? It's ridiculous but owners will keep doing this until fans stop buying.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, nucci said:

even if you could afford it, why would anyone pay that kind of money for the right to buy a ticket? It's ridiculous but owners will keep doing this until fans stop buying.

Because the brokers will buy them. And then sell them on the secondary market and still make money. And some fans want to go no matter what and will do it. But there’s got to be some benefit to owning them too. I’d imagine once you own the PSL you can just sell those PSLs to someone. If there were PSLs prior to Josh coming here, I’d imagine you could easily double what you paid form them now. But the reverse is also true, buying them now, with Josh being here and after he leaves and we’re back to the basement in the league you’ll get stuck holding the bag with no one to sell to. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, mrags said:

Because the brokers will buy them. And then sell them on the secondary market and still make money. And some fans want to go no matter what and will do it. But there’s got to be some benefit to owning them too. I’d imagine once you own the PSL you can just sell those PSLs to someone. If there were PSLs prior to Josh coming here, I’d imagine you could easily double what you paid form them now. But the reverse is also true, buying them now, with Josh being here and after he leaves and we’re back to the basement in the league you’ll get stuck holding the bag with no one to sell to. 

I'm very curious to see what PSL's will be, and how that resell market will look.  My family has season tickets since the stadium opened, so we have a good priority when the new seats can be selected.  The main reason I justify possibly keeping them, is the ability to resell our PSL's

20 hours ago, Virgil said:

I think we are raising them more aggressively and will go from one of the cheaper tickets in the league to the top 25%.  I'd argue that the city of Buffalo has no business being that top bracket.  

There's a USA today article from September 2023 that said the Bills were a top 5 most expensive ticket, between average season ticket prices and resale market.  I think that's a bit ridiculous.  

If I may ask, are you going to get seasons for new stadium?

Really curious to see what the season ticket market is going to look like once the new stadium opens.  I talk to as many people as I can around town to gauge where they are at and the majority of the responses are "I'm waiting to see what the damage is going to be" but I know some people are ready to hang up their seasons regardless and that's where I'm at.  Gonna enjoy the next two seasons but after that I'm done and I will have no regrets not going to games anymore.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm very curious to see what PSL's will be, and how that resell market will look.  My family has season tickets since the stadium opened, so we have a good priority when the new seats can be selected.  The main reason I justify possibly keeping them, is the ability to resell our PSL's

Yeah. I understand and that’s exactly where I’m at right now. Unfortunately you won’t have the ability to decide after the fact. I’d imagine within another month or 2 (now that they finally announced plans for the process) more information will be known as to what seats prices and PSLs might be. When deposits might be due. And the situation once you want to leave. Like I said, I am pretty sure once you pay for the PSL they are yours and you’ll be able to sell them or give them to someone if you wish. But what the market will be for them at that point is unknown. Worst possible scenario is if the stadium opens and for whatever reason, Allen isn’t here anymore, I say good luck with that. Because imo we’re back to the basement. Best case scenario we are better than we are now, maybe just fresh off a SB win. And someone is willing to not only buy them but double the price of the PSL. Unfortunately no one will know until that time comes. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Really curious to see what the season ticket market is going to look like once the new stadium opens.  I talk to as many people as I can around town to gauge where they are at and the majority of the responses are "I'm waiting to see what the damage is going to be" but I know some people are ready to hang up their seasons regardless and that's where I'm at.  Gonna enjoy the next two seasons but after that I'm done and I will have no regrets not going to games anymore.  

I think for that reason the secondary market will be huge for the new stadium. Many people I know are done once the new stadium is built. But we all know with this fan base people won’t be able to stay at home every week. Many Former ST holders will decide that instead of getting seasons they plan on going to 2-4 games a year and will pick and choose which ones. If that’s the case, look for secondary market prices to skyrocket even more than they are now. But again, like I jist said in my other post, that all depends on how good the team is. Once Allen goes, and we’re back to the basement, many STH will be stuck holding the bag at the end. 

which brings me to my next point, are you able to sell the PSL back to the Bills at any point in time if you choose. All questions that might be answered once the new stadium experience is up and running. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t remember exactly what I paid last year but it looks like they are $5,074 this year. I feel like that was pretty similar to last year. I’m expecting it to be about double in the new stadium when you factor in the PSL for the same general location/ammenities.

I’m excited to go to the virtual setup to check out new locations. It sounds like that’s coming soon. 

36 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think for that reason the secondary market will be huge for the new stadium. Many people I know are done once the new stadium is built. But we all know with this fan base people won’t be able to stay at home every week. Many Former ST holders will decide that instead of getting seasons they plan on going to 2-4 games a year and will pick and choose which ones. If that’s the case, look for secondary market prices to skyrocket even more than they are now. But again, like I jist said in my other post, that all depends on how good the team is. Once Allen goes, and we’re back to the basement, many STH will be stuck holding the bag at the end. 

which brings me to my next point, are you able to sell the PSL back to the Bills at any point in time if you choose. All questions that might be answered once the new stadium experience is up and running. 

Agree on the secondary market.  As to the timing, it's not unreasonable to consider that they're waiting until the last possible time to release the price info so as not to dampen the mood of Bills Mafia and all that's associated with it.  It's also reasonable to assume that when those prices are released, it's going to be a thing that permeates at least the regional media and social media.  

The prices have already more or less been released via their "survey," and Pegula has plainly stated that "his contribution" will be driven by the PSLs.  

It's also been stated that PSLs are a "one time" payment.  Not sure that there's anything in there that suggests that the team will buy them back, because that's Pegula's "contribution" to the stadium expense.  Why would he give that back?  

Maybe I'm wrong, but my understanding is that if the STs are not renewed, then ownership defaults back to the team, as usual, and they can then charge another PSL to whomever purchases them next.  It's the gift that keeps on giving for owners.  

Am I off there?  

Does anyone know if they will release PSL prices before the selection process begins?  I would rather know now so that I can plan, then find out 3 minutes before i have to make a decision.  I hoping they become more transparent with this process.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

If the survery they sent out either last year at this time or two years ago at this time means anything, those will be on/about the pricing.  

I've got the survey if you need the info.  

It's too rich for my blood, that's all I know, even if only on principle.  I don't sit in siht seats anymore, and if I have to pay as much to go to Bills game for me and a couple of my family members, as it would cost me to take a week vacation somewhere, where I can also watch the game on TV, that decision is clear.  It's also difficult to explain to my family if I go alone why I dropped almost $1k on a seat, parking, hotel, etc. for just myself to go to a game under the prices that they put out in their survey, and as mrags says, many if not most will be bought by brokers that put them at even greater cost on the aftermarket.  

For example, the survery price for LL between the 40 and 20 runs about $240/game, not including the PSL.  So with Allen on the team, figure double that just for the ticket on the aftermarket.  Then add parking, concessions, hotels, etc.  Club level seats are going to be nuts.  

29 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Depends on how the ticket prices change over the next two years and what the PSL's will be

I think a lot of people are going to have sticker shock with the prices of everything at new stadium

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t remember exactly what I paid last year but it looks like they are $5,074 this year. I feel like that was pretty similar to last year. I’m expecting it to be about double in the new stadium when you factor in the PSL for the same general location/ammenities.

I’m excited to go to the virtual setup to check out new locations. It sounds like that’s coming soon. 

Definitely post your experience.  It's going to run $150 non-refundable to experience the virtual set-up.  Only people definitely paying are going to drop that kind of money, presumably.  

It is a little weird that there's so little detail at this point, for a stadium that's well under way in construction.  

6 minutes ago, noacls said:

I think a lot of people are going to have sticker shock with the prices of everything at new stadium

My buddy's brother in law knows an attorney that has some tie-in's to the Bills and she told him they are already way over the stadium budget and the prices for tickets will be even more than they were originally anticipating and that's part of the reason why they are dragging their feet releasing the new prices.  Not sure how accurate this info is but doesn't surprise me in the least.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

My buddy's brother in law knows an attorney that has some tie-in's to the Bills and she told him they are already way over the stadium budget and the prices for tickets will be even more than they were originally anticipating and that's part of the reason why they are dragging their feet releasing the new prices.  Not sure how accurate this info is but doesn't surprise me in the least.  

300 mill over was last announcement.  I would imagine it will continue to go up?

28 minutes ago, noacls said:

300 mill over was last announcement.  I would imagine it will continue to go up?

Ugh I didn't even realize that was announced...but yeah sadly I doubt they are finished yet.  I could see myself going down to maybe only attending one home game a year if that at the new stadium

53 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Definitely post your experience.  It's going to run $150 non-refundable to experience the virtual set-up.  Only people definitely paying are going to drop that kind of money, presumably.  

It is a little weird that there's so little detail at this point, for a stadium that's well under way in construction.  

Seriously?!? I have club seats now so I expected it to be free. It never crossed my mind that it would be a money grab. That’s annoying AF. I’ll still probably do it but that just feels slimy.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Seriously?!? I have club seats now so I expected it to be free. It never crossed my mind that it would be a money grab. That’s annoying AF. I’ll still probably do it but that just feels slimy.

Well, IDK, just reporting what they've said.  Maybe they'll change it and it'll be free. 

I agree.  

But if you're definitely going to buy STs under the new arrangement, I believe that it's a deposit on your ST costs.  Not that $150 will go that far.  LOL 

I'm sure there's a link on TOS. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

wait… what???

The Bills are still seeking fans interested in signing up to be on the waiting list for season tickets at the new stadium. Those interested can sign up online, drop a $150 deposit and then they’ll be welcomed to the experience center after current season ticket holders.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/business/fans-still-waiting-for-a-virtual-reality-view-of-the-buffalo-bills-new-stadium/article_3b169834-7fd6-11ee-806c-a37a817c4a75.html

So for $150 you'll be welcomed.  LOL  

Edited by PBF81
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Ahhh, okay. I would think that if you take the virtual stadium tour and decide to forego the season tix in the new place, you’d get your $150 back (hence the term “deposit”).

I was told by my season tix rep that the season tix waiting list is non-refundable.  Wanted to increase out tix by 2.

31 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well, IDK, just reporting what they've said.  Maybe they'll change it and it'll be free. 

I agree.  

But if you're definitely going to buy STs under the new arrangement, I believe that it's a deposit on your ST costs.  Not that $150 will go that far.  LOL 

The Bills are still seeking fans interested in signing up to be on the waiting list for season tickets at the new stadium. Those interested can sign up online, drop a $150 deposit and then they’ll be welcomed to the experience center after current season ticket holders.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/business/fans-still-waiting-for-a-virtual-reality-view-of-the-buffalo-bills-new-stadium/article_3b169834-7fd6-11ee-806c-a37a817c4a75.html

If it’s a deposit it’s still annoying but better than a straight money grab.

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Agree on the secondary market.  As to the timing, it's not unreasonable to consider that they're waiting until the last possible time to release the price info so as not to dampen the mood of Bills Mafia and all that's associated with it.  It's also reasonable to assume that when those prices are released, it's going to be a thing that permeates at least the regional media and social media.  

The prices have already more or less been released via their "survey," and Pegula has plainly stated that "his contribution" will be driven by the PSLs.  

It's also been stated that PSLs are a "one time" payment.  Not sure that there's anything in there that suggests that the team will buy them back, because that's Pegula's "contribution" to the stadium expense.  Why would he give that back?  

Maybe I'm wrong, but my understanding is that if the STs are not renewed, then ownership defaults back to the team, as usual, and they can then charge another PSL to whomever purchases them next.  It's the gift that keeps on giving for owners.  

Am I off there?  

I think you’re right on. But if there is a waiting list there may be incentive for the Bills to buy back PSLs at a lower price, to then sell them to another at a much higher price. Idk. I’m curious to see how all this works out. More information to come soon. 

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

I have not seen anywhere that there is a $150 non-refundable fee to do the virtual set up. Would love to know where you got that information. 

45 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I agree.  

That’s if you’re not currently a STH and on the list. It’s a deposit to get tix. Any current STH will have the option to use the experience without charge. 

47 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I agree.  

There's no place I've seen that is saying or implying that current season ticket holders pay a fee or even a deposit for the virtual stadium experience. The article you linked is saying $150 deposit is to be on the season ticket waiting list. Then, once current ST holders are invited to the "experience", those on the waiting list will be invited.

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If it’s a deposit it’s still annoying but better than a straight money grab.

True.  

To their credit, everyone would want a "free VR tour" if they didn't charge something.  It had to be high enough to weed out those not seriously interested in seasons.  And also in fairness, $150 will be nothing compared to the cost of tix for those that do buy them.  

I'm not taking a position on that one way or the other, I've been an aftermarket for the big games or games of my choosing guy for years now.  I view this as much of a business as they do in terms of attending games.  I don't like to be thought of as something to be emotionally bilked for a billionaire and the league of billionaires.  

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think you’re right on. But if there is a waiting list there may be incentive for the Bills to buy back PSLs at a lower price, to then sell them to another at a much higher price. Idk. I’m curious to see how all this works out. More information to come soon. 

Same here.  I have a strong hunch that there's going to be a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth however at the sticker shock.  Indigenous people continue to leave the area due to high taxes, I don't see this going over much better, particularly since nearly $1B of the cost came from taxes in one form or another and directly or indirectly.  

As with your earlier posts, I don't see any waiting list.  Is there even one now?  

I share your take that brokers will buy them up for resale on the secondary market.  If that creates a waiting list we'll see.  Either way, I don't expect the fan reaction to be very positive.  It seems as if a lot of people are entirely out of tune with the prices floated in their survey, and given the cost increases already, just months in, it'd be unwise to expect those prices to drop.  

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

I have not seen anywhere that there is a $150 non-refundable fee to do the virtual set up. Would love to know where you got that information. 

That’s if you’re not currently a STH and on the list. It’s a deposit to get tix. Any current STH will have the option to use the experience without charge. 

Yeah, thanks for that take on the deposit.  I guess I read it incorrectly.  What you said sounds correct.  

I have no problem with them charging a deposit to take the VR tour.  It would be unmanageable otherwise.  I'm simply awaiting more detail pics of what the damn thing will look like, primarily inside.  So far we've been handed nothing but general almost generic sketches.  They've gotta know what the final product looks like, why are they so secretive about it.  It's a stadium, not a temple.  

5 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Same here.  I have a strong hunch that there's going to be a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth however at the sticker shock.  Indigenous people continue to leave the area due to high taxes, I don't see this going over much better, particularly since nearly $1B of the cost came from taxes in one form or another and directly or indirectly.  

As with your earlier posts, I don't see any waiting list.  Is there even one now?  

I share your take that brokers will buy them up for resale on the secondary market.  If that creates a waiting list we'll see.  Either way, I don't expect the fan reaction to be very positive.  It seems as if a lot of people are entirely out of tune with the prices floated in their survey, and given the cost increases already, just months in, it'd be unwise to expect those prices to drop.  

Yeah, thanks for that take on the deposit.  I guess I read it incorrectly.  What you said sounds correct.  

I have no problem with them charging a deposit to take the VR tour.  It would be unmanageable otherwise.  I'm simply awaiting more detail pics of what the damn thing will look like, primarily inside.  So far we've been handed nothing but general almost generic sketches.  They've gotta know what the final product looks like, why are they so secretive about it.  It's a stadium, not a temple.  

Just to be sure, after reading your post, I contacted the Bills via Chat. Also, I didn't cover it in the chat, but it's clear from the website that the deposit is refundable if you decide to not buy the tickets minus a $3 "processing fee". If you do buy ST in the new stadium, it goes towards the 2026 tickets.

Here's the chat:

image.thumb.png.d76c033620bfb3f4ae8cc0d57a799dca.png

Edited by CA OC Bills Fan

11 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Last time when I spoke with my rep they informed me the current wait list for tix is over 7k people. Imo they are banking on that. Once the new stadium is built it’ll have approx 10k less seats. Then after thousands don’t renew after the sticker shock they will be in a place where they feel comfortable with the people they have on the wait list. 

im with you on the whole thing. The prices are going to be ridiculous. I honestly don’t know if I’m going to renew or not. Waiting to see the costs. I’m planning for the worst and saving accordingly for it. But also fully prepared to walk away if it’s just crazy. Like I’ve always said in all my bitching and complaining about this whole process. I’m ok paying club seat prices for seats in the new stadium. But If im going to spend that kind of money I want to be comfortable, warm, and dry in the winter. If I can’t get that for a reasonable price, I’ll watch from my couch. All while picking up 2-3 games a year on the secondary market. 

• Like (+1) 1

The experience center is where fans will experience their potential seat in the new stadium in virtual reality and feel what it is like to sit in a variety of seats from a 360-degree view. Fans will also be able to design where they want to park and tailgate and then enter and make their way around the new stadium, in addition to finding out what their options will be for food and beverages.

The $150 is for people without season tickets. Read people.

39 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Just to be sure, after reading your post, I contacted the Bills via Chat. Also, I didn't cover it in the chat, but it's clear from the website that the deposit is refundable if you decide to not buy the tickets minus a $3 "processing fee". If you do buy ST in the new stadium, it goes towards the 2026 tickets.

Here's the chat:

image.thumb.png.d76c033620bfb3f4ae8cc0d57a799dca.png

Thanks.  I definitely recall reading that it was not refundable months back, maybe they changed it.  

Probably worth dropping a refundable deposit to catch a glimpse then.  

33 minutes ago, mrags said:

Last time when I spoke with my rep they informed me the current wait list for tix is over 7k people. Imo they are banking on that. Once the new stadium is built it’ll have approx 10k less seats. Then after thousands don’t renew after the sticker shock they will be in a place where they feel comfortable with the people they have on the wait list. 

im with you on the whole thing. The prices are going to be ridiculous. I honestly don’t know if I’m going to renew or not. Waiting to see the costs. I’m planning for the worst and saving accordingly for it. But also fully prepared to walk away if it’s just crazy. Like I’ve always said in all my bitching and complaining about this whole process. I’m ok paying club seat prices for seats in the new stadium. But If im going to spend that kind of money I want to be comfortable, warm, and dry in the winter. If I can’t get that for a reasonable price, I’ll watch from my couch. All while picking up 2-3 games a year on the secondary market. 

Well, fwiw, the survey pricing for between the 40's club-level anywhere, will run between $4,000 and $6,050 per seat.  I guest that would be between $444/$500/seat and $672/$756/seat, plus the PSLs, which are also per seat, and between $11,200 and $24,450 per seat.  

End zones and upper deck corners much better obviously, but as with you, gone are the days that I'm willing to sit in the upper end zones or even upper decks.  

I cringe at the lower bowl secondary market prices if those prices end up being real.  

The least expensive covered/heated seats weren't too bad, but there aren't many of them.  They're the mezzanine level end zone seats at $820 per seat plus a $2,100 PSL.  I imagine that those incredibly limited number of seats will be in high demand.  Most the cheap seats have no heat or coverage according to the survey.  Maybe something has changed, who knows.  

3 hours ago, PBF81 said:

I agree.  

I think the $150 deposit is for NON-season ticket holders,

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.