Trump wants to kill NATO

On 2/13/2024 at 12:28 PM, BillStime said:

Who benefits?

F Putin

I don't think he was meaning trend NATO i believe he just no longer thought that the US should not only put more money into NATo than most every other country but also not have the US be the earths Sheriff .

If anyone paid attention in the past the US was always the first one into any conflict that happened anywhere on the globe & the amount of money to sustain those kind of actions probably tripled any of the other countries & also in some ways made the US be the bully in the room & caused a lot of hatred from other countries .

I don't mind the US helping out but i don't want the US to be the sole investor either & when Trump said they all need to pitch in more i totally agree'd with that thought . Let some other countries foot the bill or at least put in as much as other countries they may have to do some math as far as things like the countries over all income to decide how much would be a equal share but the US doesn't nee to be the Sheriff .

it seems like every single conflict in the world the US either jumps in or is thrown in by right in the middle of it by NATO and others . And a lot of the "Blow Back" theory that Ron Paul talked about years ago is because of these kinds of actions taken by the US in history . 

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

no, he's not.  He's toying with morons like you and ole tuck.  YOU are the useful idiots to Putin....

Yeah because he already pulled your strings like the dumbasses you are...

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

What twisting of words come on Doc he went out and said it there was no twisting of words

What did he say, John?  Did he say he was going to pull out of NATO?  Did he say he wouldn't support NATO members who paid their fair share?  Did he say he would tell Russia to invade them?  Nope.  But that's what the left is parroting.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The amount that NATO countries pay is another matter openly, inviting an enemy to attack someone that you’re supposed to be defending should be unthinkable

But nothing is unthinkable in trump world

It’s not just the Trump is gross. He was a horrible president. He would be a horrible president elected again

For me, it’s not even about Democrat or Republican I would consider a Republican candidate that wasn’t Trump. I find myself rooting for Nikki Haley even though she doesn’t have a shot.

Russia was openly cyber attacking and spreading misinformation

How much did it help? I don’t know if anybody could actually know that.

John, did you read the article?  Do you understand Zito's point?  It's like she is speaking directly to you.  As for Trump, I think he is a horrible person. I like some of the changes that came from a policy perspective.  And it's ok to feel that way, which many people struggle to understand. 

That being said, I'd prefer neither he nor the crypt keeper are on the ticket. Trump can't keep his mouth shut or phone turned off long enough to move the country forward, and there are people like you and many in the press who can't separate your hate for the man from the politics. It's like when ever Trump farts, there are people calling the smell worse than the actual holocaust.   It's unfortunate on both sides.

As for Russia, it seems like you aren't quite ballsy enough to come out and claim 2016 was stolen for Trump, but you are happy to tiptoe around it.  It feels like mot if you guys want to say it but cant quite do it.  Why do you think that is?

@Tiberius, how about you?  @Joe Ferguson forever? @ChiGoose Bueller?

@BillStime is probably the only guy with the stones to own it. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

John, did you read the article?  Do you understand Zito's point?  It's like she is speaking directly to you.  As for Trump, I think he is a horrible person. I like some of the changes that came from a policy perspective.  And it's ok to feel that way, which many people struggle to understand. 

That being said, I'd prefer neither he nor the crypt keeper are on the ticket. Trump can't keep his mouth shut or phone turned off long enough to move the country forward, and there are people like you and many in the press who can't separate your hate for the man from the politics. It's like when ever Trump farts, there are people calling the smell worse than the actual holocaust.   It's unfortunate on both sides.

As for Russia, it seems like you aren't quite ballsy enough to come out and claim 2016 was stolen for Trump, but you are happy to tiptoe around it.  It feels like mot if you guys want to say it but cant quite do it.  Why do you think that is?

If both just went away we'd be so much better off.  I doubt a maga moron would replace THE maga moron and dems would probably run a centrist though that's not 100%.  Would be nice.

As for people talking about Putin....does it need to be said that everything he says is for show?  Everything has an ulterior motive.  Even, and especially, his interview with the propagandist Tucker.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

If both just went away we'd be so much better off.  

It looks like Joe Lieberman is heading a group to push a third party candidate.

Not him, but somebody else.

The rules of the electoral college open that option.

We'll see if he gets any traction.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah because he already pulled your strings like the dumbasses you are...

What did he say, John?  Did he say he was going to pull out of NATO?  Did he say he wouldn't support NATO members who paid their fair share?  Did he say he would tell Russia to invade them?  Nope.  But that's what the left is parroting.

“ do whatever the hell you want”

7 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Not sure what I’m being tagged here for but I will try to opine a bit based on this post. 

I didn’t want Biden in 2020 and I definitely don’t want Biden in 2024. That being said, I’m a realist who understands that we unfortunately live in a two party system. Third parties are a joke unless and until we fix our election system.

Biden was the first Dem I voted for president and if my choice is between him and Trump, he’ll get my vote again in 2024. 

While Russia did interfere in the 2016 election and the Trump campaign was very willing to accept their help, the 2016 election was not stolen in any sense of the word. Trump won. Maybe the Dems shouldn’t have nominated the one candidate who was almost as unpopular as Trump. 

If there’s some other specific question you were hoping I would answer, let me know. 

6 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Not sure what I’m being tagged here for but I will try to opine a bit based on this post. 

I didn’t want Biden in 2020 and I definitely don’t want Biden in 2024. That being said, I’m a realist who understands that we unfortunately live in a two party system. Third parties are a joke unless and until we fix our election system.

Biden was the first Dem I voted for president and if my choice is between him and Trump, he’ll get my vote again in 2024. 

While Russia did interfere in the 2016 election and the Trump campaign was very willing to accept their help, the 2016 election was not stolen in any sense of the word. Trump won. Maybe the Dems shouldn’t have nominated the one candidate who was almost as unpopular as Trump. 

If there’s some other specific question you were hoping I would answer, let me know. 

You answered with the bolded.

22 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Not to you. What he said has already been presented to you and you choose to ignore it. Why? I don't understand it.

Because it doesn’t there is some kind of negotiation on payment going on in NATO. You do not welcome attacks on your allies

Why is this so hard to understand?

• Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Does it matter?

Yeah it does, John.  Sure it was a stupid way to put it, but it was meant to force NATO allies to pay more for NATO.  Again Barry urged them to give more and they didn't.  Now they are.

• Like (+1) 1

“Stoltenberg also noted that Trump’s criticism of NATO wasn’t really aimed at the alliance, but at individual countries that have failed to live up to the 2014 pledge to spend 2 percent of their GDP on defense by 2024.”

“Stoltenberg said that this year “at least half” will hit the mark, which is “a totally different world than we were in a few years ago.”

“We must organize ourselves for enduring competition with China,” Stoltenberg said, adding that since Trump began pushing shifting U.S. priorities toward the Indo-Pacific in 2017, “NATO has gone a long way in helping European allies fully appreciate the challenge posed by China.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, US Egg said:

“Stoltenberg also noted that Trump’s criticism of NATO wasn’t really aimed at the alliance, but at individual countries that have failed to live up to the 2014 pledge to spend 2 percent of their GDP on defense by 2024.”

“Stoltenberg said that this year “at least half” will hit the mark, which is “a totally different world than we were in a few years ago.”

“We must organize ourselves for enduring competition with China,” Stoltenberg said, adding that since Trump began pushing shifting U.S. priorities toward the Indo-Pacific in 2017, “NATO has gone a long way in helping European allies fully appreciate the challenge posed by China.”

Stoltenberg is obviously a TRUMP/MAGA toadie. Dimwits like redhawk and tiberius turning on NATO in 3…2…

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/16/2024 at 2:44 AM, Tenhigh said:

You answered with the bolded.

So just to let you know most of us don’t think that the 2016 election was stolen

Trump won because the Democrats backed to horrible candidate did not account for Trump‘s devoted base and thought there was no way that people were going to vote for somebody like Trump. They were wrong Trump.won

Of course, was a disaster and what they did was give Donald Trump protections that no one else in the world could receive because he was a president and then a former president

We don’t need to make the same mistake again I would rather it was somebody besides Biden on the ticket for the Democrats but there’s no way I’m voting for Trump

40 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So just to let you know most of us don’t think that the 2016 election was stolen

Trump won because the Democrats backed to horrible candidate did not account for Trump‘s devoted base and thought there was no way that people were going to vote for somebody like Trump. They were wrong Trump.won

Of course, was a disaster and what they did was give Donald Trump protections that no one else in the world could receive because he was a president and then a former president

We don’t need to make the same mistake again I would rather it was somebody besides Biden on the ticket for the Democrats but there’s no way I’m voting for Trump

Which of Trump‘s actual policy decisions did you have an issue with, John?

9 hours ago, US Egg said:

Bill, Obama and Hillary all wanted NATO nations to ante up.

Now the Left is acting outraged on the issue.

LW hypocrisy on display, as usual. 

As usual, he makes a good point but says it in a dumb way.  And the left freaks out over it.

1 minute ago, wnyguy said:

They never seem to have an answer to this question. I don't know why.

This is America

We are a country built from immigrants. I don’t need any isolationist racist president in the oval office. Thank you very much.

I don’t need a president that bellies up to dictators and trashes his own people to agree with them love letters to dictators not needed

I don’t need a president that uses the office power to try to remain president

I don’t need a president that preaches hate

As far as policy goes, Trump really didn’t have a lot of policy other than enriching himself

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

This is America

We are a country built from immigrants. I don’t need any isolationist racist president in the oval office. Thank you very much.

I don’t need a president that bellies up to dictators and trashes his own people to agree with them love letters to dictators not needed

I don’t need a president that uses the office power to try to remain president

I don’t need a president that preaches hate

As far as policy goes, Trump really didn’t have a lot of policy other than enriching himself

So no Trump policy decisions that were made upset that you disagreed with. Thanks for the honest answer.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

His policy is being an isolationist white nationalist

Do you have a hard time understanding this?

Oh ok, can you give me an example of a POLICY that TRUMP MADE while he was in office that support your claim?

On 2/19/2024 at 5:02 AM, Tenhigh said:

Which of Trump‘s actual policy decisions did you have an issue with, John?

Covid response and dishonesty to Americans about its existence?  Capitulation to dictators. Attacking American foundations such as elections and the press. Sanctioning the murder of Kashogi. Weakening the FBI, CIA, DEA, CDC. Installing scotus judges who lied about Roe before congress. Weakening environmental laws and ignoring global warming, giving a huge tax break to the 1% , failing to improve heath care, failing to improve immigration. And the biggest one:  being a stinking ####### and subhuman lying, cheat - the big lie. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The befriending of dictators is so easy here that I can’t believe you’re even asking this question

If it's so easy then show me. Show me one policy decision made under Trump that did not have the best interest of this country at the core. You want to say he is a jerk? I agree. You want to say he is a narcissist? I am with you. You want to say he made mistakes by running his mouth? I hear you. But if you can show me a policy that Trump made that harmed this country I am waiting.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

His policy is being an isolationist white nationalist

Do you have a hard time understanding this?

Is "isolationist" the latest focus group word?  Or does it have another meaning?  Because Trump wasn't one. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1