Trump wants to kill NATO

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I'm beginning to believe Billsy.  You are really a stealth trumper.  you support virtually all of his policies and act as apologist for his lies...

Military dominance and economic dominance are joined at the hip.  If you don't understand that, then there is no hope for you.  not that there was ever much....

Sure bud, I'm done here. I'll let everyone else take you to the woodshed. Hope I'm able to think outside the box when I get old.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I'm beginning to believe Billsy.  You are really a stealth trumper.  you support virtually all of his policies and act as apologist for his lies...

Just for awareness, I have zero interest or concern regarding what you believe about me.

Absolutely no interest or concern.

Haley is infinitely better at expressing the issues re NATO/UN etc.

I can't stand the guy, and that goes back to 1989.

I think there are far more diplomatic methods with far more efficacy than what Trump is doing, but it plays to his base, so he does it.

I find it revolting, but his view on NATO is not lost on people who know a bit about the nuts and bolts of military capability with likely scenarios.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I find it revolting, but his view on NATO is not lost on people who know a bit about the nuts and bolts of military capability with likely scenarios.

His views are lost on you if you buy his gaslighting act. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Just for awareness, I have zero interest or concern regarding what you believe about me.

Absolutely no interest or concern.

Haley is infinitely better at expressing the issues re NATO/UN etc.

I can't stand the guy, and that goes back to 1989.

I think there are far more diplomatic methods with far more efficacy than what Trump is doing, but it plays to his base, so he does it.

rest assured, the feelings are mutual.

His views on NATO compliment his views on the military...that service and especially imprisonment and death for the sake of the country is for idiots.  Given that belief, it's hardly surprising that he thinks spending US money on NATO is a waste.  btw, if NATO is so unsuccessful as currently run, why is Putin so against it?  Why all the fighting to stop more nations from joining?  The answer is that it is and will continue to be an effective alliance that worries Russia greatly....

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

pretty sure he was one of the posters saying covid was a big hoax and that our inflation is due to an over reaction to it.  yet now, the world's second largest economy fell prey to it.

100%

Manipulating NATO members to fund more into NATO actually strengthens NATO.  

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

I see your guys game, lol. You guys do this all the time. Endorse each others lies just to get a reaction from people. You got me this time, good on ya.

They cycle is not kind to their narrative so they hyperventilate on the only false trump narrative left in the script.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

pretty sure he was one of the posters saying covid was a big hoax and that our inflation is due to an over reaction to it.  yet now, the world's second largest economy fell prey to it.

You and billsy enjoy your talking points! Two pees in a pod. Grown men broken because of Trump, its sad really. Covid a hoax, no, did we overreact? Absolutely. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

They cycle is not kind to their narrative so they hyperventilate on the only false trump narrative left in the script.  

false trump narrative?  Nikki Haley thinks the NATO comment was pretty real and worrisome.  She's condemned it, no doubt to Sherpa's disgust.  Oh and there are plenty of other "narratives":  rape, tax fraud, illegal documents, hush money, witness tampering and, oh yeah, Jan 6...

2 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

You and billsy enjoy your talking points! Two pees in a pod. Grown men broken because of Trump, its sad really. Covid a hoax, no, did we overreact? Absolutely. 

so I guess China under reacted since it broke their economy....

• Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Will you just admit that was Conald’s second choice so he smeared our allies instead?

You guys are disgusting. 

16 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Germany now spends 2 percent of gdp.  Just as many NATO nations are working towards.  A 180 from the lefts narrative when the orange dude was in office. 

no, previous presidents, both D and R have pushed for higher European funding from some NATO nations.  No one else ever said they'd let Russia do what it wants to a NATO member not meeting the threshold.  That undermines the entire meaning of an alliance not to mention the specific details of the NATO alliance....

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Given that belief, it's hardly surprising that he thinks spending US money on NATO is a waste.  btw, if NATO is so unsuccessful as currently run, why is Putin so against it?  

I don't answer for Trump or Putin.

What I am familiar with, and from open source material, is the state of NATO at the date of Russia's invasion.

Specifically, the gross disregard of NATO military agreements from Germany, Canada and a few others.

All that aside, the funny thing about this site is that the reality of the issue is never discussed.

Instead, people seem to think it's US politics that are the cornerstone.

If you hate Trump, forget about NATO parties not living up to responsibilities, and the resultant commitment of disproportionate US money and potentially, lives.

It's the way Trump packages it, and if anyone points those issues out, they must support Trump.

Not true at all.

The issue is not addressed.

The political figures are.

The sickening repetition never ends.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

But now Putin has Trump. Very different 

Then why invade under Barry and Joke when he could have taken Ukraine without a fight under Trump?  Besides the stupid NATO talking point, that is.

31 minutes ago, sherpa said:

What I am familiar with, and from open source material, is the state of NATO at the date of Russia's invasion.

Specifically, the gross disregard of NATO military agreements from Germany, Canada and a few others.

All that aside, the funny thing about this site is that the reality of the issue is never discussed.

If you hate Trump, forget about NATO parties not living up to responsibilities, and the resultant commitment of disproportionate US money and potentially, lives.

It's the way Trump packages it, and if anyone points those issues out, they must support Trump.

Not true at all.

They have no rebuttal for the "Trump is telling them to pony-up their fair share" now that they've seen a clip of Barry saying the same thing.  So now it's "he's lying about them not paying enough."  Clowns.  :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Not true at all.

Who is forgetting that some countries aren't meeting the 2% guideline?  The biggest jump in NATO funding came after Russia invaded Crimea.  It's been increasing ever since.  Sure, we would like the Europeans and Canada to pay more.  Threatening countries with a Russian invasion isn't the way to achieve this and plays right into Putins hand.  NATO is a threat to him.  A fact that trump either doesn't  understand or does comprehend and sides with Putin.

It IS about US politics.  Staffers in trump's last administration reported he wanted out of NATO.  He is the R party now, sadly.  

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Then why invade under Barry and Joke when he could have taken Ukraine without a fight under Trump?  Besides the stupid NATO talking point, that is.

He's probably wishing he had 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

He's probably wishing he had 

Sure.  You install a man/men on the inside and then don't take advantage of it.  Makes perfect sense.

Then again, maybe he did...