Trump wants to kill NATO

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

F our allies - because God knows Russia, China and North Korea are not looking out for our best interest.

GGUX_0aXsAAStfA?format=jpg&name=small

So dumb.  You can’t be that ***** stupid.  

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Oh, so, Russia, China and North Korea care about you, Irv?

Hey dopey.  Russia, China, and North Korea didn’t do shiit when Trump was President.  Now with Demented Joe/Obammy it’s a free-for-all.  How do you not see that?  Oh. Forgot.  Your head is in the sand.  What a mess.  

• Disagree 1

Just now, Irv said:

Russia, China, and North Korea didn’t do shiit when Trump was President.

Why would they? Trump kissed their asses and lost a trade war with China.

Russia, China, and North Korea were patient yet accomplished their short-term goals with a president perceived as the weakest and least effective in our lifetime. They believed they needed a second Trump term to achieve their ultimate objectives.

image.thumb.jpeg.6a5cc0763f11ae47f6892dd5572e1e11.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

Looks like Vlad is (again) taking the person behind in the polls.  And of course, he also realizes Joke is senile and easy pickings.

You try so hard - besides Bonnie - I have never seen a bigger loser.

TAKING TRUMP SERIOUSLY

In 2016, Salena Zito made the brilliant observation that “the press takes [Donald Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally.” Trump’s recent comments about NATO are a perfect illustration.

On Saturday, Trump riffed on the importance of NATO members meeting their treaty commitment to spend 2% of GDP on defense:

“‘You didn’t pay? You’re delinquent?’” Trump recounted saying. “‘No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You gotta pay. You gotta pay your bills.’”

That prompted predictable pearl-clutching in Europe, while Joe Biden responded with outrage:

President Biden denounced former President Donald J. Trump on Tuesday for encouraging Russia to attack certain NATO allies, calling the comments “dumb,” “shameful,” “dangerous” and “un-American” as he implored House Republicans to defy their putative nominee and pass new security aid for Ukraine and Israel.

It was obvious to the non-demented that Trump was not actually encouraging Russia to invade NATO members who don’t pay their 2%, but rather emphasizing one of his favorite themes: that America shouldn’t allow itself to be taken advantage of by allies who don’t bear their share of the cost. And it turns out that, despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth, this was obvious to NATO allies themselves. 

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/02/taking-trump-seriously.php

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, B-Man said:

TAKING TRUMP SERIOUSLY

In 2016, Salena Zito made the brilliant observation that “the press takes [Donald Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally.” Trump’s recent comments about NATO are a perfect illustration.

On Saturday, Trump riffed on the importance of NATO members meeting their treaty commitment to spend 2% of GDP on defense:

That prompted predictable pearl-clutching in Europe, while Joe Biden responded with outrage:

It was obvious to the non-demented that Trump was not actually encouraging Russia to invade NATO members who don’t pay their 2%, but rather emphasizing one of his favorite themes: that America shouldn’t allow itself to be taken advantage of by allies who don’t bear their share of the cost. And it turns out that, despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth, this was obvious to NATO allies themselves. 

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/02/taking-trump-seriously.php

It’s really sad whenever you see the mental gymnastics that people go through to defend Trump‘s comments

They really should not be said at all, but Trump doesn’t care

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This falls into every little bit helps

Lets try this another way.  How do you think Russia interfered in 2016 and do you think Trump would have won without that interference?

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s really sad whenever you see the mental gymnastics that people go through to defend Trump‘s comments

Did you actually read the article before you posted this?  You should, it has some salient points.  Personally, I think Salena Zito's observation from 7 years ago is key to bridging a lot of divides. 

As a person I think Trump is gross, but the axe he is grinding about our Nato partners not holding up their end of the bargain is valid.  Hell, the NATO Secretary General even agrees.

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Did you actually read the article before you posted this?  You should, it has some salient points.  Personally, I think Salena Zito's observation from 7 years ago is key to bridging a lot of divides. 

As a person I think Trump is gross, but the axe he is grinding about our Nato partners not holding up their end of the bargain is valid.  Hell, the NATO Secretary General even agrees.

The amount that NATO countries pay is another matter openly, inviting an enemy to attack someone that you’re supposed to be defending should be unthinkable

But nothing is unthinkable in trump world

It’s not just the Trump is gross. He was a horrible president. He would be a horrible president elected again

For me, it’s not even about Democrat or Republican I would consider a Republican candidate that wasn’t Trump. I find myself rooting for Nikki Haley even though she doesn’t have a shot.

47 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Lets try this another way.  How do you think Russia interfered in 2016 and do you think Trump would have won without that interference?

Russia was openly cyber attacking and spreading misinformation

How much did it help? I don’t know if anybody could actually know that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It's just as sad to twist comments to make them fit a narrative.

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Again, Barry told NATO they had to pay more in 2014.  Obviously they didn't listen.  They are now...

15 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Do you believe that Russia caused Trump to win in 2016?

We know they were trying to help him, but if they broke into voting system and switched votes, I do not know 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/25/us/politics/russian-hacking-elections.html

WASHINGTON — The Senate Intelligence Committee concluded Thursday that election systems in all 50 states were targeted by Russia in 2016, an effort more far-reaching than previously acknowledged and one largely undetected by the states and federal officials at the time.

But while the bipartisan report’s warning that the United States remains vulnerable in the next election is clear, its findings were so heavily redacted at the insistence of American intelligence agencies that even some key recommendations for 2020 were blacked out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It's just as sad to twist comments to make them fit a narrative.

I'm telling you they don't really believe the stuff they are posting. They do it to get attention. No one in their right mind would think like that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I'm telling you they don't really believe the stuff they are posting. They do it to get attention. No one in their right mind would think like that.

Oh, some do. They see anything he says and attribute the worst thing possible to it. Others just read headlines and don’t bother to investigate further.

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

no, he's not.  He's toying with morons like you and ole tuck.  YOU are the useful idiots to Putin....

As he said. Joe is much more predictable and weaker. Thus he’d prefer joe. Not hard to understand why