Rate your hatred (Chiefs vs Patriots)

Rigotz

I think most of us would agree that the Brady Era Patriots were insufferable.

Let's call them a 10/10 in terms of hatred.

If your second favorite team (Lions? Saints?) is a 1/10, where do the Chiefs land?

I'll start. I'm at about a 6 right now. It's more respect that hatred. Yes, Mahomes is annoying and the Swifties thing is bad... but I don't feel the same burning hatred as I did with the Patriots.

Curious where everyone else stands!

• Agree 1

The Pats and Brady absolutely owned us and the rest of the division (and pretty much the league).  

The Chiefs, we've shown multiple times, we can beat.  

I hope the Pats go through a decade at QB purgatory.  If not two decades.  I loathe them.  Always will.

• Like (+1) 2

Patriots because they were in division and had to play them twice per year and almost every year both games were bad losses. Toss is we couldn't compete with them. Now we can compete with the Chiefs and I don't think we're that far off. Injuries to key guys have cost us in the playoffs versus them IMHO. 

• Agree 1

The Chiefs for two reasons.

1.  You can't escape the Kelce and Mahomes ads and excessive, pervasive celebrity ball washing.

2.  Clark Hunt is behind the effort for the NFL to allow private equity investment in the NFL which is a nightmare of an idea.

• Agree 1

Personally I still think a lot of Bills fans hatred against the Patriots dynasty is misled because of the fact they were in the same division.

But like I've said before, it's not like Brady and Patriots were standing in the way of a team that had a franchise QB and loaded roster. The Bills were trash pretty much all those years with the exception of a few where they were close to the wildcard or made it as that type of team (2004,2014,2017,2019 best I can think of).

The bigger issue with the Chiefs is they are in fact standing in the way of a Bills team who has a franchise QB, and at least during this first window (which has now officially ended) had a roster most considered championship caliber.

So if you are asking me about rating hatred.....it's not even close between the Chiefs and Patriots dynasties, especially since one of them is just getting started and already ended what might have been the best chance this franchise ever has winning a superbowl 3 times in 4 years in the playoffs.

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Easily the Chiefs. Mahomes has shown to be a whining cry baby at the slightest hint of adversity. His wife and brother are obnoxiously terrible. Travis Kelce is a complete tool bag who has brought the cult that is the "Swifties" to the NFL and they are the reason there's a decent chance Josh Allen leaves Buffalo without a SB. 

I absolutely despise the Chiefs. I never really hated Brady and winning a SB with a moribund franchise like the Bucs and the way he's handled himself post-retirement has almost made me like him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

The Pats might have been a perennial roadblock to the playoffs but not a championship as we were never good enough during their dynasty years.

The Chiefs are stopping our currently very good team and potentially first-ballot HOF QB from going the Super Bowl. 

And much of this Mahomes idolatry is tethered to a comparison to Josh Allen with the latter being pronounced excellent but not quite as good.

So the Chiefs success is far more vexing to me as they are preventing Josh and the Bills from winning championships and being acknowledged as a great team/QB (some people see Josh that way but many don't because of playoff failures. 

I would love for the 24 Chiefs to lose Jones, see Kelce start aging more, and maybe lose a couple more key defensive pieces. And for the Bills to get a weapon on offense in the draft. That would be a start to changing the narrative and my hate for the Chiefs.

NE because they were in the division and you felt hopeless. They also beat us on a consistent basis. KC doesn't beat us consistently. Well...regular season at least. I like Reid alot more than Bill too. 

It's annoying how similar Mahomes and Brady actually are. No lead, whether 25 points or what not, is ever safe against them. Both had GOAT TE's. Both had GOAT HC's. When everything looked lost, they rise from the ashes. 

Edited by Billsfanatic8989
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Personally I still think a lot of Bills fans hatred against the Patriots dynasty is misled because of the fact they were in the same division.

But like I've said before, it's not like Brady and Patriots were standing in the way of a team that had a franchise QB and loaded roster. The Bills were trash pretty much all those years with the exception of a few where they were close to the wildcard or made it as that type of team (2004,2014,2017,2019 best I can think of).

The bigger issue with the Chiefs is they are in fact standing in the way of a Bills team who has a franchise QB, and at least during this first window (which has now officially ended) had a roster most considered championship caliber.

So if you are asking me about rating hatred.....it's not even close between the Chiefs and Patriots dynasties, especially since one of them is just getting started and already ended what might have been the best chance this franchise ever has winning a superbowl 3 times in 4 years in the playoffs.

I came to post my response, then I found yours, which is exactly how I feel.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.