Super Bowl LVIII game thread.

TBBills Fan

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

how was that Mahomes pass over the middle not IG? 

Great point.  It’s Mahomes, that’s how !

Just now, GunnerBill said:

KC were helped by Superbowl Shanahan refusing to run the ball for most of the 3rd Quarter. All those quick 3 and outs gave the Chiefs plenty of time and possessions to launch a comeback.

The thing with Mahomes is just his ability to not make mistakes in the clutch. It is Brady-like. He plays those end of game scenarios perfectly time and again.

that and the refs not calling holding or intentional grounding.  Like you said, Brady like. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Because no one can stop Mahomes late when the game is on the line. But suddenly San Fran is going to do it for the first time? I don’t like those odds.

Yeah, I don't disagree with you. Their D was gassed and it seemed like they coached that last drive hoping to hold them to 3 and maybe get the ball back.

• Like (+1) 1

I saw another forum with this. Ouch!

You got to hand it to Buffalo. Not only did we give the Chiefs the pick that got them Mahomes, the fact that we couldn't stop them with 13 seconds changed the OT rule which allowed them to win today. You can't make this stuff up

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

KC were helped by Superbowl Shanahan refusing to run the ball for most of the 3rd Quarter. All those quick 3 and outs gave the Chiefs plenty of time and possessions to launch a comeback.

The thing with Mahomes is just his ability to not make mistakes in the clutch. It is Brady-like. He plays those end of game scenarios perfectly time and again.

Shanahan was the reason I had little faith in SF.  

I think the Bills best chance to get over the hump is to fire McDermott and bring in Belichick next season, but that will never happen.

A few of years ago I would have never wanted him but he does have a history of beating Reid in big games.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MarkyMannn said:

Not only did we give the Chiefs the pick that got them Mahomes

I thought we left these takes back in 2019 when Josh got good but I guess they're gonna keep popping up like herpes

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Agreed, he was fantastic at the end. Didn't make any spectacular plays, but made every play that was there to be had and that was enough. And I don't want to undersell that simply making the necessary plays at the end is a real skill that most players can't execute consistently. Still I would give the bulk of this win to the Chiefs defense and special teams over the offense. An underrated series was after Mahomes threw a bad INT at midfield the Chiefs defense forced a 3 and out and a punt. Stuff like that is really what separates them from the rest of the league.

Of course if the 49ers simply kick the XP or don't screw up a punt return none of that matters...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

People around here have a tough time admitting it.  Mahomes is the best. If people watch all the little things he does and does not do… including what you mentioned. He’s the absolute best.  Allen is an excellent and fun football player to watch.  He’s not the QB Mahomes is though.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MarkyMannn said:

I saw another forum with this. Ouch!

You got to hand it to Buffalo. Not only did we give the Chiefs the pick that got them Mahomes, the fact that we couldn't stop them with 13 seconds changed the OT rule which allowed them to win today. You can't make this stuff up

Nah even under the old OT rules both teams possessed if the first team only scored a FG.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If you don't agree that Allen had a better game against the Eagles and Chiefs in the playoffs than Mahomes did tonight, I don't believe you. And 100% for sure if Allen played like Mahomes did in the first 3 quarters tonight, we would have been blown out by the 49ers. And that's not unique to Allen. Most teams can't get away with scoring 3 points or less in a half against two different playoff opponents and win both of them.

Mahomes didn’t play the Eagles or the Chiefs tonight. And, neither did Allen. So it’s kind of moot there.

Allen would’ve gotten the same benefit Mahomes did tonight, which is your golden boy Shanahan, the “best offensive mind” in the league, forgetting to run the ball in the Super Bowl, again.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

People around here have a tough time admitting it.  Mahomes is the best. If people watch all the little things he does and does not do… including what you mentioned. He’s the absolute best.  Allen is an excellent and fun football player to watch.  He’s not the QB Mahomes is though.

Totally disagree. They are on one another’s levels. The difference is, and always will be, the coaching staff puts Mahomes in many more ways to be successful on the field. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Surely KC winning in OT with Taylor Swift and friends being used by the NFL for never ending clout is the most obnoxious thing I’ll see all night.  

Oh, good Lord…

That can’t be real…?

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Agreed, he was fantastic at the end. Didn't make any spectacular plays, but made every play that was there to be had and that was enough. And I don't want to undersell that simply making the necessary plays at the end is a real skill that most players can't execute consistently. Still I would give the bulk of this win to the Chiefs defense and special teams over the offense. An underrated series was after Mahomes threw a bad INT at midfield the Chiefs defense forced a 3 and out and a punt. Stuff like that is really what separates them from the rest of the league.

Of course if the 49ers simply kick the XP or don't screw up a punt return none of that matters...

If the 49ers kick the XP I think KC wins in regulation. They still had a timeout remember. They'd have managed the clock very differently on that final drive and I reckon they'd have scored a TD. Sure, the botched put return hurt, but both teams turned it over multiple times it was a sloppy game. 

I think the main reason the Chiefs were able to come back is Shanahan mismanaged the game again. Once he got back to McCaffrey they moved the ball again. It wasn't rocket science.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Any more proof that two positions are the diff between playoff caliber and SB winning? QB, HC. We have 1.75 of those positions LOL

Chris Jones is the type of player McDermott has chased and couldn't get. He was huge against Buffalo and today in OT

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.