Super Bowl LVIII game thread.

TBBills Fan

19 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

We had the ball last and didn't score. 

Because our kicker can’t hit a basic kick that an NFL kicker should make 95% of the time. Mahomes kicker put through a 57 yarder tonight (the longest FG in Super Bowl history), and without that the Chiefs probably lose the game. His special teams also blocked an extra point which was also the reason the game went to OT.

See how supporting cast and things like special teams matter?

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I’m a firm believer that coach is 4 pts in playoff games. I just don’t see our coach crew at the top 15 level.

ST= who?

DC = none

OC = promoted as last man standing

HC = The clapper. The lights turn off when he claps under presser. 

Exactly....our ST coach is awful.  Our DC is our HC (sorry Babich). Maybe Joe pans out but he's not drawing up schemes for Josh like Reid, Shanahan or even Ben Johnson.  Josh will continue to be heroic with inferior coaching. Set your watch to it.

56 minutes ago, Success said:

I hate the Allen/Mahomes comparisons.

I think the only time Allen's D played as well as Mahomes' D plays every week was the Ravens playoff game.

Mahomes has Reid and Spags.  I like McD, but both of those guys are legends.

Allen’s had more offensive talent around him the last two years and a better defense every year but this season.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Because our kicker can’t hit a basic kick that an NFL kicker should make 95% of the time. Mahomes kicker put through a 57 yarder tonight (the longest FG in Super Bowl history), and without that the Chiefs probably lose the game. His special teams also blocked an extra point which was also the reason the game went to OT.

See how supporting cast and things like special teams matter?

I don't see much evidence that Mahomes is setting his team up for a field goal in that spot. 

Edited by Mikie2times

4 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Allen’s had more offensive talent around him the last two years and a better defense every year but this season.

The Bills must have one of the worst playoff defenses the past 5 years right? Both in terms of yards allowed and points allowed per game?

I mean compared to the Chiefs defensive performance in the playoffs it isn’t even close, I know that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Mikie2times said:

I don't see much evidence that Mahomes is kicking in that situation. 

You don't see evidence that Mahomes would lead his team to a game-tying FG sending the game into OT? Perhaps while in fact missing a read that would have been a game winning TD in regulation? As evidence I submit the exact scenario that happened about two hours ago.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You don't see evidence that Mahomes would lead his team to a game-tying FG sending the game into OT? Perhaps while in fact missing a read that would have been a game winning TD in regulation? As evidence I submit the exact scenario that happened about two hours ago.

You mean the clock ran out so he had to settle for a FG. Then he went on for the TD? You like to play the hypothetical game. Do you not believe the Chiefs score a TD if they have 30 seconds more? If you can jog my memory did the Bills also run out of time? 

Edited by Mikie2times

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Well he's definitely not hoisting any father of the year Lombardis.

And I'm sure, on a personal level, that hurts him a lot. I know where it comes from. I used to know a former prosecutor in a small town in Utah. He told me that they had a huge meth problem but no problems with teenage drinking. He said that kids figure that if hard drugs and beer are the same level of sin, they might as well go down swinging. 

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

The Bills must have one of the worst playoff defenses the past 5 years right? Both in terms of yards allowed and points allowed per game?

I mean compared to the Chiefs defensive performance in the playoffs it isn’t even close, I know that.

I mean you literally have to ignore and throw out whatever the regular season ranking was for our defense.  It's all meaningless once the playoffs start.  That #1 or #3 ranked defense turns to mush real fast.  Other than Taron's pic6,  I can't remember one critical stop by our defense in 10 playoff games.  Pathetic, no wonder Andy fired his ass.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I mean you literally have to ignore and throw out whatever the regular season ranking was for our defense.  It's all meaningless once the playoffs start.  That #1 or #3 ranked defense turns to mush real fast.  Other than Taron's pic6,  I can't remember one critical stop by our defense in 10 playoff games.  Pathetic, no wonder Andy fired his ass.

One time the corpse of Phillip Rivers ran out of time and couldn’t finish his game-winning drive. Impressive stuff by our defense there.

Just now, DapperCam said:

One time the corpse of Phillip Rivers ran out of time and couldn’t finish his game-winning drive. Impressive stuff by our defense there.

Hey now, they did set an NFL record for yards allowed in victory. That should count for something. 

46 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Do you think Mahomes scores on the last drive? 

I think Mahomes DOES score on the last drive.   Bringing his team within 37 points as time expires.

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Very true. And Jim Johnson too!

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

People around here have a tough time admitting it.  Mahomes is the best. If people watch all the little things he does and does not do… including what you mentioned. He’s the absolute best.  Allen is an excellent and fun football player to watch.  He’s not the QB Mahomes is though.

This is what I keep posting Allen needs to improve on. A lot of people here keeps going on and on about him being as good if not better than Mahomes when it’s so clear that he’s behind in this area. This is what wins championships when you’re talented like Mahomes and Allen are. 

19 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If you take out the KC games, Allen’s defenses have allowed 20 ppg in the playoffs. Only one team scored 30 and the Bills won that game. 

I don’t think it’s rational to expect a defense to shut down Mahomes/Reid/Kelce in the playoffs. 

Mahomes’ defenses before this season allowed over 25 ppg in the playoffs. They’ve allowed 30+ 5 times. 

Edited by SaulGoodman

2 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

If you take out the KC games, Allen’s defenses have allowed 20 ppg in the playoffs. Only one team scored 30 and the Bills won that game. 

Mahomes’ defenses before this season allowed over 25 ppg in the playoffs. They’ve allowed 30+ 5 times. 

The KC games are like 1/3 of the games and over 1/2 of our losses. Why would you take those out? Do they not count?

Edited by DapperCam
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.