Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

3 hours ago, babulator said:

There are no rebuilding retooling years when you have one  of the 2 best QB's in the league, there is only reloading. 

I'm still teaching my dog this lesson.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Dude, Please Stop. 

Sooner or later, everyone (and I include you in this category) have to see how absurd this has become.

Preach Amy Poehler GIF by Sisters

Speak Black Woman GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I think there's room for some rational disagreement on whether it would move the success of our offense and our odds of getting to the playoffs next year.

Vegas odds, I Got Nuthin', Don't bet, don't follow Vegas

That's probably legit, he may well have been asked to take a pay cut or something and said. 'Um,  let me think....Nah" but then worried about what that meant

Dude, Please Stop. 

The Bills could pick up part of his salary.  It would get added on to the $31M dead cap hit from all his bonuses accelerating into this season.  We simply don't have the cap space for those kind of shenanigans.

Sooner or later, everyone (and I include you in this category) have to see how absurd this has become.

This is why you draft his replacement  this year,and move on next offseason

What about all of the instagram videos of Diggs dancing with teammates in practice and playing around with Allen? People don’t take that stuff into account. Only meaningless tweets which are mostly gibberish anyways 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

What about all of the instagram videos of Diggs dancing with teammates in practice and playing around with Allen? People don’t take that stuff into account. Only meaningless tweets which are mostly gibberish anyways 

Must be AI

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I simply don’t understand how the cap aspect of these transactions work as well as others. I was only wondering.  

You aren't alone, believe me.  I think I understand pretty well and I can count on being called out for at least 2 or 3 gaffes per off-season.

Bank on it, there will be a lot of posts in the next 2 1/2 months which show less understanding and less interest in learning.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

We take that into account, but we also take into account video of Diggs with his arms raised in "WTF?" position, yelling at Allen on the sideline while Allen studies his Surface tablet and ignores him.  We also take into account Cover1 (who have some connections with players) saying "the Bromance is definitely over".  We take into account Diggs ghosting on the team and media after the last two losses.

To some people it's the behavior of a passionate competitor who hates to lose and understandably can't stand to stay in the building after a frustrating loss, and maybe better dip before he says something he'll regret.  To others, it's the behavior of an immature and petulant guy who isn't committed to his brothers on the team when times are bad, thus showing poor leadership.

Since none of us are in the clubhouse or on the practice field with him daily, it's impossible to say which perspective is more accurate and to what degree

3 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

This is why you draft his replacement  this year,and move on next offseason

I support this strategy.  I also support the strategy of taking a shot or two this year, and a shot or two next year, as necessary to "get it right".

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Well it looks like it’s not happening now. Maybe after June 1.

Of course it's not.  You don't light $38m of cap space on fire.

• Thank you (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Of course it's not.  You don't light $38m of cap space on fire.

And to that end, what sense does doing it after 6/1 make? The Draft is over. Free Agency is bare bones. We save the same amount moving on from him after the season as we would after 6/1. You're essentially paying him to not be here for no gain. 

Makes way more sense to have him here for the season and if you need to move on from him, you do it before the start of Free Agency next year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And to that end, what sense does doing it after 6/1 make? The Draft is over. Free Agency is bare bones. We save the same amount moving on from him after the season as we would after 6/1. You're essentially paying him to not be here for no gain. 

Makes way more sense to have him here for the season and if you need to move on from him, you do it before the start of Free Agency next year.

Unless you get a trade offer for him that made sense both short and long term.

That Playoff game would of humbled me. I wont have to wonder what happens when you depend on dude. I love Diggs for the record but he isnt that special imh.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Lfod said:

That Playoff game would of humbled me. I wont have to wonder what happens when you depend on dude. I love Diggs for the record but he isnt that special imh.

Humbled how? Like owning it and taking accountability for it?

Edited by BillsFanForever19

diggs is an absolute elite stud. anyone who commands constant double teams is worth their weight in gold.

unfortunately our WR2 was a complete failure on so many levels. that should change in 2024 with the additions of Samuel and hopefully pick #28.

expect to see a motivated diggs prove his detractors wrong

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I kind of wish we stop paying attention to Diggs tweets. 

It’s not the tweets per se.  It’s the delusional media responses that are annoying. 

Edited by Blackbeard

20 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

It’s not the tweets per se.  It’s the delusional media responses that are annoying. 

It’s a dead spot in the off-season. Free agency is over for the most part and the draft is more than a month away. The NFL media needs content. 

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So playing a bit of devil's advocate here: a trade after 6/1 can theoretically make sense if a team has their draft fall exactly the way they want, likes the longer look they saw of their rookie in training camp, perhaps has an injury which leaves them understocked at one position and overstocked at another OR has a veteran who is making "unhappy" ripples because they read the tea leaves and see their role as reduced.

Teams also make moves to free up cap space after 6/1 as one cap management strategy, to sign rookies or any FA who have been playing the "wait and see" game.

Right now though - is there even a position at which the Bills are going into the season over-stocked with talent?  At the end of the season, I might have said "CB", but Tre White has been designated a post-June-1 cut and Dane Jackson has signed elsewhere, so we're "right-sized" at CB now.

And we have Tre' White designated as a post-June-1 cut, freeing up $10M of cap which will give us extra space to sign rookies and perhaps a mid-tier DL.

So I don't think either of the reasons why teams make post-6/1 trades apply to the Bills.

diggs isn't mr innocent in all of this. he knows anything other than the company line will create an umm...."distraction".  yet he persists.

but the teams hold most of the power. it's a ruthless cut throat business where you go from the penthouse to the outhouse in a blink.

as i have previously mentioned, diggs has a clause in his contract where his 2024 salary fully guarantees 03/17/2024 (yesterday).

i'm sure his agent was seeking clarity and beane was non committal. he hears from "sources" he's in play and may be moved. it's unsettling.

"ready for watever" ..... is acknowledgment of the uncertainty

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1