Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

1. I really did your name 😁

2. It doesn't matter what experts think.  To me this is a re tool year. Draft great, get the kids some reps.  Do free agency smart and contend in 25'.

I still think we are good enough to make the playoffs, but contend?  Who knows.

I feel there is no one on the DL in this draft that screams superstar. We should have offered our #2 for Mack if we were going all in again.  

I'm not thrilled with the DE class, but I love me the 2 DT's from Texas.  

I can understand the moving Diggs if you think it is a re-tool/rebuild year.  Then take a big gulp of medicine and get a couple WRs.  But I think you are in the minority to want that.  Especially when the option is to contend for the title. 

Diggs/highly drafted rookie/Samuel/Shakir/Kincaid gives us a shot this year!  And if the rookie works out, the future would be extremely bright.

2 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I can understand the moving Diggs if you think it is a re-tool/rebuild year.  Then take a big gulp of medicine and get a couple WRs.  But I think you are in the minority to want that.  Especially when the option is to contend for the title. 

Diggs/highly drafted rookie/Samuel/Shakir/Kincaid gives us a shot this year!  And if the rookie works out, the future would be extremely bright.

doubt trading diggs/not trading diggs would move our SB odds much tbh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

If I could be sure that I was getting Higgins and Smith, sure. But what if instead it was a choice between Diggs and Jalen Reagor + Laviska Shenault? Kadarius Toney was a can't-miss prospect as was Elijah Moore. People are talking as if there are 15 future hall of fame WRs in this draft. History tells us that is not possible, and drafting at 28 you are just as likely to get a bust as a star. So, I want them to take that chance but to keep the sure 1,000 yards of production so as to not waste a year.  I don't think that's an unreasonable position to take.

I don't think its unreasonable.  I just think our best chance of drafting players to replace Diggs/Davis for the next 4-8 years is this year, in a super deep WR draft. I think there will be guys in rounds 2-4 that would be borderline first or second round picks next year. Of course that means there's some risk, but if Diggs is on his way out likely next season, why prolong the pain instead of getting that first rounder and third rounder more snaps and more experience this year?

This draft is similar to the 2020 draft, maybe even better in terms of WR talent. We are likely gonna be picking in the late 20s for the rest of Josh's career. This is the year to double down on WR's.  They don't both have to be All-Pros, they just have to be quality.  In 2020, the 20s picks and on were JJ, Aiyuk, Higgins, Pittman, Shenault, Hamler, Claypool, Jefferson, Mims, Edwards, Duvernay, Davis, AGG. 6 out of 12 proved to be able to produce at the NFL level (including Claypool who is a headcase, but the talent was there). So take 2 or 3 and build up the room.

I just don't think Diggs is the difference between wasting a year or not.  If we take two WR's decently high and they both bust, the SB run is over.  We will win the AFCE and win a playoff game no matter what.  And if I'm wrong, and the Bills win 6 games and get a high pick to actually help the team next year, that's awesome too.

None of those dudes you listed were can't miss, btw.

I think there's a good chance that we hear him say (if the cryptic tweets mean anything football related at all) that a lot of this stuff that people were reading into as him being unhappy or trying to facilitate a trade was actually just a genuine concern that he would be moved, following the way things ended and the long time players that were moved off the team.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think there's a good chance that we hear him say (if the cryptic tweets mean anything football related at all) that a lot of this stuff that people were reading into as him being unhappy or trying to facilitate a trade was actually just a genuine concern that he would be moved, following the way things ended and the long time players that were moved off the team.

Holy smokes lol

th-3409458868.thumb.jpg.0ded21bdd62118c659ec3f96cabaf70b.jpg

• Eyeroll 2

5 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Well it looks like it’s not happening now. Maybe after June 1.

didn’t Dallas trade Cooper right after his $ guaranteed? 

AB tripled down. Huge grain of salt. He did correctly have Russ Wilson agreeing to terms with Steelers before anyone else

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

didn’t Dallas trade Cooper right after his $ guaranteed? 

If he was considered a problem to Beane, he'd have moved him before locking in a check for 18.5m.

There's no scenario where we get a return for him worth us paying that much money to him, not having him on the team, taking a cap hit on top of it Pre 6/1 AND the other team picking up the cap hits on his contract.

Post 6/1 there's no point in doing it. The Draft has already happened. The FA market is bare bones. It'd essentially be us not having him on the team for rollover money - which we could have anyways while still having him on the team this year and moving on from him next year.

There's a reason the media was bringing it up the past couple days. If it were to happen, it would have been done before 4 PM today.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I can understand the moving Diggs if you think it is a re-tool/rebuild year. 

There are no rebuilding retooling years when you have one  of the 2 best QB's in the league, there is only reloading. Theyre all  Lombardi or bust seasons now. Diggs has not been THAT guy that rises up and takes over big games. If we can find that guy in the draft and we needed draft capital from moving Diggs, thats not rebuilding imho. He is not that essential piece to be called a rebuild if moved.

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

The 28th spot for the majority of us is being reserved for the Gabe Davis replacement.  So with that in mind, how are we going to be better this year if we move Diggs?

And I don't remember Brady in a year when the Pats* started two rookie WRs.

If I remember correctly that was because he took a discount because his wife was much richer than he was.

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

doubt trading diggs/not trading diggs would move our SB odds much tbh

I think there's room for some rational disagreement on whether it would move the success of our offense and our odds of getting to the playoffs next year.

Vegas odds, I Got Nuthin', Don't bet, don't follow Vegas

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That's probably legit, he may well have been asked to take a pay cut or something and said. 'Um,  let me think....Nah" but then worried about what that meant

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Would there be a benefit to the other team if we waited until his 18.5 became guaranteed (is that at 4pm today) ? 

Say we agree to pay that in exchange for higher draft compensation? 

Dude, Please Stop. 

The Bills could pick up part of his salary.  It would get added on to the $31M dead cap hit from all his bonuses accelerating into this season.  We simply don't have the cap space for those kind of shenanigans.

Sooner or later, everyone (and I include you in this category) have to see how absurd this has become.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Would there be a benefit to the other team if we waited until his 18.5 became guaranteed (is that at 4pm today) ? 

Say we agree to pay that in exchange for higher draft compensation? 

Did you bet the house on the Bills moving Diggs or something? Your posts are taking on an air of desperate rationalization of how this could still happen despite everything pointing to the contrary... it's starting to feel like you're afraid to go home and tell the missus that you blew junior's college fund at the craps table. :huh:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, transient said:

Did you bet the house on the Bills moving Diggs or something? Your posts are taking on an air of desperate rationalization of how this could still happen despite everything pointing to the contrary... it's starting to feel like you're afraid to go home and tell the missus that you blew junior's college fund at the craps table. :huh:

this is a pathetic and disrespectful post. I’m simply wondering what our options would be. If you have a problem with that, go read a different thread

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think there's room for some rational disagreement on whether it would move the success of our offense and our odds of getting to the playoffs next year.

Vegas odds, I Got Nuthin', Don't bet, don't follow Vegas

That's probably legit, he may well have been asked to take a pay cut or something and said. 'Um,  let me think....Nah" but then worried about what that meant

Dude, Please Stop. 

The Bills could pick up part of his salary.  It would get added on to the $31M dead cap hit from all his bonuses accelerating into this season.  We simply don't have the cap space for those kind of shenanigans.

Sooner or later, everyone (and I include you in this category) have to see how absurd this has become.

I simply don’t understand how the cap aspect of these transactions work as well as others. I was only wondering.  

54 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I can see a trade happening during the draft with a post 6/1 designation.

And we aren't paying Diggs 18+ in a bo us today,his salary was just guaranteed. 

That's not possible. You can't trade before 6/1 with a Post 6/1 designation. It's not like a 6/1 release. For a trade to happen to fall under the financial parameters of what would come Post 6/1 - the trade would have to be done after 6/1.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1