Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

What really turned me off of Cover1 was them carrying water for Dorsey all season pointing to his EPA/play etc etc; until he got fired, then doing a complete 180 and talking about how had a lack of feel for calling a game, and calling a series and the chess match stuff.

Neither take is necessarily bad (despite my personal opinions) but I find very little value in takes that change with the wind.  If they lack conviction, then they are just saying stuff they think people want to hear.

This calls their objectivity into question. Even in their Diggs' contract takes (which I begrudgingly listened to), they start off talking about how he still has value, how he's still a WR1, how they think he's very valuable to the Bills, then talk about how his contract is "unmovable."  Are they saying that because they actually believe it, or because they want it to be true?

Once that question needs to be asked, you aren't worth my time.

The contract is unmovable because of how the cap hit accelerates though, no?  Not because the contract value exceeds his ability.. at least, perception-wise.

If we were able to trade him, and his contract, I think there would be teams interested.  Not sure what the return would be, but I think he's movable at his cap hits.. just not the way we have it structured. 

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

But then what is the 2025 dead cap number you are kicking down the road? That money doesnt just disappear because you wait until June 1.

I'm also not really following your numbers or how you have them laid out as it pertains to releasing/trading Diggs and his cap numbers.

We can do it in 2025 to save $5M. But I have to think $5M isnt worth losing a player like Diggs over.

Those numbers are straight from Spotrac.  The dead money in 2025 for a post 6/1 cut is the same whether he gets cuts post 6/1 or in league year 2025.

image.thumb.png.40328c01f8d4d089e43e5481ef65daa9.png

This is for league year 2024.

image.thumb.png.394030ee7f69eeb341d4e796b85ef3eb.png

This is for league year 2025.

Per Spotrac, cutting Diggs post 6/1 in 2024 saves us 19M this year, and 5M next year.  But no Diggs in 2024, obviously.

Cutting Diggs next year saves us no money in 2024, again obviously, and the same 5M next year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

But then what is the 2025 dead cap number you are kicking down the road? That money doesnt just disappear because you wait until June 1.

I'm also not really following your numbers or how you have them laid out as it pertains to releasing/trading Diggs and his cap numbers.

We can do it in 2025 to save $5M. But I have to think $5M isnt worth losing a player like Diggs over.

Even saving the 5m, you eat 24m.

All this because he won’t answer the medias same three questions 500 times. 

Are you happy?

Hows your relationship with Josh?

About your brother…

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The contract is unmovable because of how the cap hit accelerates though, no?  Not because the contract value exceeds his ability.. at least, perception-wise.

If we were able to trade him, and his contract, I think there would be teams interested.  Not sure what the return would be, but I think he's movable at his cap hits.. just not the way we have it structured. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Those numbers are straight from Spotrac.  The dead money in 2025 for a post 6/1 cut is the same whether he gets cuts post 6/1 or in league year 2025.

image.thumb.png.40328c01f8d4d089e43e5481ef65daa9.png

This is for league year 2024.

image.thumb.png.394030ee7f69eeb341d4e796b85ef3eb.png

This is for league year 2025.

Per Spotrac, cutting Diggs post 6/1 in 2024 saves us 19M this year, and 5M next year.  But no Diggs in 2024, obviously.

Cutting Diggs next year saves us no money in 2024, again obviously, and the same 5M next year.

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

What really turned me off of Cover1 was them carrying water for Dorsey all season pointing to his EPA/play etc etc; until he got fired, then doing a complete 180 and talking about how had a lack of feel for calling a game, and calling a series and the chess match stuff.

Neither take is necessarily bad (despite my personal opinions) but I find very little value in takes that change with the wind.  If they lack conviction, then they are just saying stuff they think people want to hear.

This calls their objectivity into question. Even in their Diggs' contract takes (which I begrudgingly listened to), they start off talking about how he still has value, how he's still a WR1, how they think he's very valuable to the Bills, then talk about how his contract is "unmovable."  Are they saying that because they actually believe it, or because they want it to be true?

I mean, that's just not true. Erik and crew were very critical of Dorsey going back to the 2022 season, and his lack of creativity, and his reliance on coverage beaters and (I'm forgetting the name of the concept where the two inside WRs cross each other over the middle and then turn up-field).

They have multiple videos from the start of the 2023 season and then pretty much one a week questioning Dorsey, his play calling, and his scheme.

They may have given him a little credit on running "an effecient offense" but then always went on to say "What's that efficiency worth when your offense isnt working?"

• Like (+1) 1

He’s a typical WR diva, unfortunately his play drops off in the postseason, the contract extension is Bean’s biggest resigning mistake by far. I don’t hold it against him as I was onboard with the extension at the time, it just sucks it’s turned out the way it has.

If it were only about Diggs refusal to answer media questions as some are suggesting then this wouldn’t even be a story, it’s about his on field performance in the playoffs and his lack of accountability coming from a team captain.

It’s highly unlikely he goes anywhere because of the financials, so let’s just hope with a stud rookie on the other side it rejuvenates Diggs competitive juices in January.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I mean, that's just not true. Erik and crew were very critical of Dorsey going back to the 2022 season, and his lack of creativity, and his reliance on coverage beaters and (I'm forgetting the name of the concept where the two inside WRs cross each other over the middle and then turn up-field).

They have multiple videos from the start of the 2023 season and then pretty much one a week questioning Dorsey, his play calling, and his scheme.

They may have given him a little credit on running "an effecient offense" but then always went on to say "What's that efficiency worth when your offense isnt working?"

lebowski-opinion.thumb.gif.1eef13dc4825cc5436a6fb544115ce62.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Actually, not it's not just the opinion of @DrDawkinstein.

here is a video where they blame Dorsey for a lot of the play concepts and "shepherding Allen into making some of his bad decisions (they still assign some responsibility to Josh).

To make things ultra easy, I'm also attaching a screen shot where they literally say it (see the CC). I've even put a yellow oval around it so you can't miss it.

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 1.13.23 PM copy.jpg

9 minutes ago, julian said:

He’s a typical WR diva, unfortunately his play drops off in the postseason, the contract extension is Bean’s biggest resigning mistake by far. I don’t hold it against him as I was onboard with the extension at the time, it just sucks it’s turned out the way it has.

If it were only about Diggs refusal to answer media questions as some are suggesting then this wouldn’t even be a story, it’s about his on field performance in the playoffs and his lack of accountability coming from a team captain.

It’s highly unlikely he goes anywhere because of the financials, so let’s just hope with a stud rookie on the other side it rejuvenates Diggs competitive juices in January.

What?

77 targets, 47 receptions (61%), 600 yards, 4 TDs in 8 playoff games. 

That’s 6 catches for 75 yards a game on average.

Let me guess, not good enough. 

Just now, Nephilim17 said:

Actually, not it's not just the opinion of @DrDawkinstein.

here is a video where they blame Dorsey for a lot of the play concepts and "shepherding Allen into making some of his bad decisions (they still assign some responsibility to Josh).

To make things ultra easy, I'm also attaching a screen shot where they literally say it (see the CC). I've even put a yellow oval around it so you can't miss it.

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 1.13.23 PM copy.jpg

When was that video posted?

Oh, two days after Kenny boi was shown the door. Lmao. Proved my point for me, thank you for the yellow oval.

37 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Even saving the 5m, you eat 24m.

All this because he won’t answer the medias same three questions 500 times. 

Are you happy?

Hows your relationship with Josh?

About your brother…

For me it's a performance issue, if we're being honest. 

He's not good enough for me to feel like we should deal with any diva attitude.  He doesn't take over games like other elite WR1's and he continually disappears in the postseason. 

I'm completely fine moving off him as long as we invest heavy at WR via the draft and potential value FA's.  

We need to get younger and cheaper .. and guys who don't show up in the postseason are good places to start. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Basically, confirmation bias rules the thread.

If your opinion is that Diggs is a problem, you will see reasons why.

If your opinion is that he isn’t a problem, you will see reasons for that instead.

Y’all have fun arguing over nothing *hat tip* 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, julian said:

Agreed.  16 catches for 140 yards, 0 TD’s on 35 targets in our last 4 playoffs losses.  He’s a good WR but ain’t that dude and never was.  He complained his way out of Minnesota to find a situation where he’d get more targets.  Kudos to him for betting on Josh before others outside of Buffalo did.  Josh is now unquestionably a top 3 QB and we can do better at #1WR.  Mike Evans please.  

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Diggs ain't going anywhere for at least the next 2-3 years. Make peace with that. 

The question is: Will Diggs make peace with that?

Bonus question: Will his brother?

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, FireChans said:

When was that video posted?

Oh, two days after Kenny boi was shown the door. Lmao. Proved my point for me, thank you for the yellow oval.

Ok, mea culpa THAT video was posted after the Dorsey firing. 

THIS one wasn't. It's very critical of Doresy and it's posted Nov. 6. Before his firing.

I quote: "It's got to be frustrating the players on the field to see the lack of creativity week in and week out from Ken Dorsey on offense."
17:52 of the video. But there's criticism throughout. That's just an example.

Boom. There ya have it. I wasted too much of my afternoon for this but you're wrong and this is proof.

30 minutes ago, Peter said:

The question is: Will Diggs make peace with that?

Bonus question: Will his brother?

As Diggs says he can't control his brother and it's obvious the brother wants him in Dallas. It doesn't mean Stefon wants the same thing. Personally I think Diggs got painted with a bad guy brush in the Minnesota media perhaps because he voiced displeasure there and now people want to continue the story here in Buffalo but don't think it's happening. Yet Diggs know he ultimately can't control the media's narratives and just gives them indirect answers to their questions. 

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

haha, I also used a Lebowski meme today. Had to paste a "I'm calmer than you are" gif into a work chat. :lol:

But it's not opinion if you look at Cover1's youtube page. You can plainly see there are videos questioning Dorsey posted in 2022's season AND from the start of the 2023 season. Plenty from before he was fired.

This is from November of 2022. And while it starts as sounding like a Josh video, it quickly turns into a scheme/philosophy issue video where they criticize the plays and designs Dorsey is using

Edited by DrDawkinstein

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

As Diggs says he can't control his brother and it's obvious the brother wants him in Dallas. It doesn't mean Stefon wants the same thing. Personally I think Diggs got painted with a bad guy brush in the Minnesota media perhaps because he voiced displeasure there and now people want to continue the story here in Buffalo but don't think it's happening. Yet Diggs know he ultimately can't control the media's narratives and just gives them indirect answers to their questions. 

Diggs dodging those questions about his brother is why this is still a topic.  Funny how last week when he was on Kay Adams and she was asking about the trade rumours he seemed pretty open about leaving. “Where there is smoke there is fire”. Those were his words, but we not suppose to believe his brother bull####. Come on. Dude wants out but doesn’t want to be labeled a cry baby for the second time. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

What?

77 targets, 47 receptions (61%), 600 yards, 4 TDs in 8 playoff games. 

That’s 6 catches for 75 yards a game on average.

Let me guess, not good enough. 

Yeah 6 for 75 and half a TD per game isn’t good enough.. especially when he has been MIA in all the losses.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

I’m not “carrying a Bone” for Cover1’s objectivity - I have my own set of concerns with some of their analysis.

But to the bolded point - the reason Diggs’ contract is “unmoveable” for the next couple of years has to do with the impact of 3-4 years of signing, option, and restructure bonuses accelerating onto this year’s cap if he’s released - not because Digg’s contract is prohibitive to potential trade partners.

Diggs is due to get $18M in salary for the next couple years.  He’s like 13th in receiving yards and 10th in 1st downs,  Paying him what the trade partner would be on the hook for ($18M for the next 3 years) would slot him in about 15th - 17th in the league, which makes him a reasonable value for money.  A team with a rookie QB and a lot of cap space could find that attractive.  The trade partner could restructure this year’s salary if they wished.

By the same token, in objective metrics a guy who is 8th in receptions/game, 13th in receiving yards, and 10th in 1st downs is by a number of objective metrics a #1 WR in this league and still has value.  He’s also very valuable to the Bills because he’s still far and away the best WR on the team, especially during the regular season.

Seems like a strange criterion to dis off Cover1 for

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I’m not “carrying a Bone” for Cover1’s objectivity - I have my own set of concerns with some of their analysis.

But to the bolded point - the reason Diggs’ contract is “unmoveable” for the next couple of years has to do with the impact of 3-4 years of signing, option, and restructure bonuses accelerating onto this year’s cap if he’s released - not because Digg’s contract is prohibitive to potential trade partners.

Diggs is due to get $18M in salary for the next couple years.  He’s like 13th in receiving yards and 10th in 1st downs,  Paying him what the trade partner would be on the hook for ($18M for the next 3 years) would slot him in about 15th - 17th in the league, which makes him a reasonable value for money.  A team with a rookie QB and a lot of cap space could find that attractive.  The trade partner could restructure this year’s salary if they wished.

By the same token, in objective metrics a guy who is 8th in receptions/game, 13th in receiving yards, and 10th in 1st downs is by a number of objective metrics a #1 WR in this league and still has value.  He’s also very valuable to the Bills because he’s still far and away the best WR on the team, especially during the regular season.

Seems like a strange criterion to dis off Cover1 for

I think you missed the point.

they don’t WANT Diggs to be moved. They make comments to that effect, then claim that he CAN’T be moved.

It has very little to do with the trade partner take.

I maintain that when it comes to non-cap guarantees, fans like to look at it that it doesn't matter. It's just ignored.

It does matter.

Cap hit or not, 18.5 million dollars is still 18.5 million dollars. And that is guaranteed to him on 3/17. Teams don't pay a player that much money, cap or no cap, to not be there. Save for some multi 1st Round QB Trade or something.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Am I correct that a Trade of Diggs (pre 3/17 when he’s due 18.5 mil in cash)  would cost us only an extra 3.25 or 3.5 mil in addition to his current hit against the cap this year? 

Can someone please verify or give the correct figures? Thanks

If this is the case, it’s not unreasonable to think 

1.) the Bills would eat an extra 3-4 mil this year (and yes 20+mil next year)  if both sides feel it’s time to move on

2.) a team with a lot of cap like HOU or CHI might be willing to part with a 1st round pick in exchange for Diggs + mid + late round picks & pay him the $

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Am I correct that a Trade of Diggs (pre 3/17 when he’s due 18.5 mil in cash)  would cost us only an extra 3.25 or 3.5 mil in addition to his current hit against the cap this year? 

Can someone please verify or give the correct figures? Thanks

If this is the case, it’s not unreasonable to think 

1.) the Bills would eat an extra 3-4 mil this year (and yes 20+mil next year)  if both sides feel it’s time to move on

2.) a team with a lot of cap like HOU or CHI might be willing to part with a 1st round pick in exchange for Diggs + mid + late round picks & pay him the $

18.14 in Dead Cap on a pre 6/1 Trade. The way I see it, any way you slice it, we're paying +18m for him in Dead Cap or Salary.

https://overthecap.com/player/stefon-diggs/3994

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

18.14 in Dead Cap on a pre 6/1 Trade. The way I see it, any way you slice it, we're paying +18m for him in Dead Cap or Salary.

https://overthecap.com/player/stefon-diggs/3994

So wait, his current cap hit is 27.8 mil and a trade pre 6/1 frees up 9.7 mil in cap space this year?  Am I looking at that right?

If Terry Pegula is saving 18.5 million in actual cash & the Bills are gaining cap space of 9.7 this year, 14.8 in 2025 and 21 mil in 2026….

IMO those things make a trade before 3/17 much more likely than originally thought

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

So wait, his current cap hit is 27.8 mil and a trade pre 6/1 frees up 9.7 mil in cap space this year?  Am I looking at that right?

Not sure all the specifics. But no team is paying 18m in Dead Cap for 9m in Cap Space. 

And Diggs is worth way more than 9m in Cap Space. You won't get near a WR of Diggs' caliber for 9m. Let alone also taking 18m in Dead Cap on top of it.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Not sure all the specifics. But no team is paying 18m in Dead Cap for 9m in Cap Space. 

And Diggs is worth way more than 9m in Cap Space. You won't get near a WR of Diggs' caliber for 9m. Let alone also taking 18m in Dead Cap on top of it.

But…you’re paying $ regardless?  So it comes down to how much both sides want to continue this

the way I’m viewing this is:

27.8 million cap = Diggs on the team. Cool.
Maybe he’s still elite WR1. But, there’s risk his attitude is a negative or his play declines

18.1 million cap =  Diggs traded for 9.7 million cap savings + valuable asset gained + fresh start for Josh Allen 

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

But…you’re paying $ regardless?  So it comes down to how much both sides want to continue this

Maybe he’s still elite WR1. But, there’s risk his attitude is a negative or his play declines

9.7 million cap savings + valuable asset gained + fresh start for Josh Allen 

Yeah, no. This goes back to what I was saying. 

You and others view it as "we're paying it either way, so what does it matter?"

That's not how teams think. Money, whether it's cap or not, is money being paid.They think "we're paying it whether he's here or not, so why wouldn't we just keep him?"

All year long, during the Offseason, during the season, and after the season - it was the same refrain. "We need a true #2 for Josh so that he's not relying exclusively on Diggs". 

It didn't happen. Some guys stepped up in the Slot, but when Davis fell off a cliff and especially when he was out of the lineup completely - we saw Diggs' production fall. That wasn't a coincidence. As teams, who already blanketed him, could afford to cover him even harder.

So now that we are going to provide both he and Allen with help, why would we now get rid of him? He could have a renaissance with another playmaker taking pressure off him. 

Even with the "drop off", he still was top 10 in Receptions at the end of the year. Still top half of the league in yardage. He didn't just go from what he was putting up throughout his career and the first half of the season to completely done.

You mention a fresh start for Allen. But he doesn't want that. He's been asked multiple times this offseason and he's said the same thing - he loves Diggs. He doesn't want him to go anywhere. He sees much more on the horizon for them. 

Long story short, we're paying him a ton of money either way. So if you're doing that either way, you keep him. There's a GREAT chance that he'll be able to do more with a playmaker alongside him and won't be worked down to the wick by the end of the year, and Josh Allen doesn't want it.

• Haha (+1) 1

Considering the above, I’ll go ahead and guess….

Diggs + 2025 3rd + 2024 6th

to Houston

For 23rd overall

Bills going into the draft with 23 & 28 gives us the chance to get pretty high if we wanted Nabers.

Perhaps a move up from 23 to Seattle at 16 to ensure Brian Thomas Jr. 

Or maybe you even hit the jackpot by staying at those picks and landing Thomas Jr + Troy Franklin

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That's not how teams think. Money, whether it's cap or not, is money being paid.They think "we're paying it whether he's here or not, so why wouldn't we just keep him?"

All year long, during the Offseason, during the season, and after the season - it was the same refrain. "We need a true #2 for Josh so that he's not relying exclusively on Diggs". 

It didn't happen. Some guys stepped up in the Slot, but when Davis fell off a cliff and especially when he was out of the lineup completely - we saw Diggs' production fall. That wasn't a coincidence. As teams, who already blanketed him, could afford to cover him even harder.

So now that we are going to provide both he and Allen with help, why would we now get rid of him? He could have a renaissance with another playmaker taking pressure off him. 

Even with the "drop off", he still was top 10 in Receptions at the end of the year. Still top half of the league in yardage. He didn't just go from what he was putting up throughout his career and the first half of the season to completely done.

You mention a fresh start for Allen. But he doesn't want that. He's been asked multiple times this offseason and he's said the same thing - he loves Diggs. He doesn't want him to go anywhere. He sees much more on the horizon for them. 

Long story short, we're paying him a ton of money either way. So if you're doing that either way, you keep him. There's a GREAT chance that he'll be able to do more with a playmaker alongside him and won't be worked down to the wick by the end of the year, and Josh Allen doesn't want it.

IMO it comes down to what the actual relationship is between the Bills and Allen with Diggs.  If the Bills don’t like what’s going on behind the scenes…. Or Diggs may have said to them he’d prefer to be elsewhere….

Then 60/40  he’s traded because Pegula saves a bucket of physical cash & the team gets rid of a headache (in theory!!!)  I’m not in the organization and have no way of knowing what actually goes on with Diggs

Josh Allen is not the kind of person to throw a team mate under the bus in the media.  Even if he actually wanted a fresh start from Diggs….no one would know about it. Maybe not even Beane or Sean.

& yes I agree he could absolutely tear it up if a legit player is added to help him

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

18.1 million cap =  Diggs traded for 9.7 million cap savings + valuable asset gained + fresh start for Josh Allen 

My read is if Bills trade Diggs pre June 1 the dead cap is $31m.  Same dead cap if they cut him before March 18th when his $19m 2024 salary becomes guaranteed but they can spread the $31m over 2 years if they designate him as a post June 1 cap causality.   People are too focused on the Bills being $50m over the cap right now when at least $50m can be freed up pain free and will be in the next 4 weeks.  

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

My read is if Bills trade Diggs pre June 1 the dead cap is $31m.  Same dead cap if they cut him before March 18th when his $19m 2024 salary becomes guaranteed but they can spread the $31m over 2 years if they designate him as a post June 1 cap causality.   People are too focused on the Bills being $50m over the cap right now when at least $50m can be freed up pain free and will be in the next 4 weeks.  

yes you have dead cap hits, but you’re also saving $ and IF IF IF there are real issues, fractured relationships, negative attitudes behind the scenes….you’re moving on from that too PLUS adding draft capital

IMO the way most are approaching this situation is like we’re paying huge amounts of additional $$$ penalty if he’s off the team.  That’s not it at all. He’s being paid no matter what. But, we’d actually save money and cap space by moving him  (unless I’m completely ignorant and if so I apologize haha)

Professional sports teams move on from contracts all the time and still pay $ to the coaches or players years after the fact. Obviously it’s not ideal, but it can help your team in multiple ways too

25 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Considering the above, I’ll go ahead and guess….

Diggs + 2025 3rd + 2024 6th

to Houston

For 23rd overall

Bills going into the draft with 23 & 28 gives us the chance to get pretty high if we wanted Nabers.

Perhaps a move up from 23 to Seattle at 16 to ensure Brian Thomas Jr. 

Or maybe you even hit the jackpot by staying at those picks and landing Thomas Jr + Troy Franklin

I've said it once, I'll say it a million times - even in the (at best) extremely unlikely scenario we move Diggs - there's no way we'd move him to Houston. 

Houston was in the final 4 in the AFC. Just like we were. They are a direct competitor with us. We would not help them build their roster to compete with us harder.

25 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

IMO it comes down to what the actual relationship is between the Bills and Allen with Diggs.  If the Bills don’t like what’s going on behind the scenes…. Or Diggs may have said to them he’d prefer to be elsewhere….

Then 60/40  he’s traded because Pegula saves a bucket of physical cash & the team gets rid of a headache (in theory!!!)  I’m not in the organization and have no way of knowing what actually goes on with Diggs

Josh Allen had multiple interviews where he was asked about Diggs. He could have said nothing at all. He could have said as little as possible. He chose to elaborate how important Diggs is to him, how much he loves him, and how much he wants him to stay with him.

Likewise, Diggs called Josh Allen his brother, his family for life, and also said he doesn't want to go anywhere.

Those things fly in the face of your theories to move him COMPLETELY. Yet you're still on it. You keep saying 'IF' to things that have been publicly addressed to not exist.

And Pegula doesn't SAVE a bucket of physical cash cutting him. He COSTS a bucket of cash for the right to spend even MORE cash, on lesser players. It's not even close to 60/40 on the likelihood of what you're misguidedly hoping for.

I know you're infatuated with this years Draft Class. There's some good looking players in there. And we're going to get one of the best ones. But your obsession with getting two of them, at the cost of a player that Josh Allen himself says "helped make him who he is" - is extremely short sighted.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I've said it once, I'll say it a million times - even in the (at best) extremely unlikely scenario we move Diggs - there's no way we'd move him to Houston. 

Houston was in the final 4 in the AFC. Just like we were. They are a direct competitor with us. We would not help them build their roster to compete with us harder.

Josh Allen had multiple interviews where he was asked about Diggs. He could have said nothing at all. He could have said as little as possible. He chose to elaborate how important Diggs is to him, how much he loves him, and how much he wants him to stay with him.

Likewise, Diggs called Josh Allen his brother, his family for life, and also said he doesn't want to go anywhere.

Those things fly in the face of your theories to move him COMPLETELY. Yet you're still on it and floating out potential problems that have been publicly discounted.

And Pegula doesn't SAVE a bucket of physical cash cutting him. He COSTS a bucket of cash for the right to spend even MORE cash, on lesser players.

I know you're infatuated with this years Draft Class. There's some good looking players in there. And we're going to get one of the best ones. But your obsession with getting two of them, at the cost of a player that Josh Allen himself says "made (him) who he is" - is extremely short sighted.

adding two potential 21 year old difference makers in the draft is anything except short sighted my friend.

Josh Allen and Diggs also BOTH said they don’t know what the future holds if I recall.

They aren’t going to air their dirty laundry to the media. 99% of pro athletes won’t ever until at least after it’s over with

Pegula has to pay him $$$ no matter.

If he can save 18.5 million dollars by moving on from a player that may want to leave…. 

there are multiple people on here, one especially who have proven track records of 100% accuracy on team news who have shared what they’ve heard regarding Diggs. It ain’t pretty.

Oh and KC traded Tyreek Hill within the conference and they weren’t scared. If he can be moved in the AFC, any WR can be

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Diggs has zero guaranteed money left on his contract, so if we cut him before March 17th Bills don’t owe him another penny.  It’s just a matter of accounting for the $31m in remaining bonus and restructuring cap charges.  That’s not real money.  It’s already been paid.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Diggs has zero guaranteed money left on his contract, so if we cut him before March 17th Bills don’t owe him another penny.  It’s just a matter of accounting for the $31m in remaining bonus and restructuring cap charges.  That’s not real money.  It’s already been paid.  

this would be even further proof that the “CAN’T MOVE HIM!” Crowd is way off base.  I’m thinking it’s the emotional aspect of it. I mean, I’ve loved the guy since 2020 too