Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

Is it me or does Diggs look like he gained weight? His face looks a little different.

Maybe he lost motivation when Brady came onboard and cut down his downfield routes, started mailing it in a little.

Then he couldn't turn the focus back on when needed to on the few deep shots he got late in the year...

3 hours ago, Mango said:

I’ve been critical of Diggs antics the last season or two. But honestly, since camp broke he’s been great all season. I was super happy. 

This Pro Bowl thing is a total nothing-burger. And I like to read too much sometimes and make something-burgers out those things.

That said, maybe he is unhappy here and wants out? Maybe he loves it here and the franchise is over him. Maybe everything is totally cool and he retires a Bill. 

But the one thing I am certain on is that if either party feels like they have to get out the difference between -$48M and -$51M in cap space won’t hold it back if it gets to that point. 

He was a headache in at least one instance behind the scenes.  "Antics" is the perfect word for it.  

4 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Is it me or does Diggs look like he gained weight? His face looks a little different.

His face does look a little fuller, but he doesn't exactly look like porky here.  I don't think he's Sammy Watkins-ing

Capture.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

saw this on twitter this morning & almost had a heart attack. Was curious how'd you all feel if this did happen

Screenshot_1.jpg

i dont hate the idea personally & the trade partner surely makes sense given the history. Ideally i'd like things to work with Diggs here. But a trade like this would be bold & likely one of the only ways we can get out of the contract, without really hurting ourselves in the process

14 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

saw this on twitter this morning & almost had a heart attack. Was curious how'd you all feel if this did happen

Screenshot_1.jpg

i dont hate the idea personally & the trade partner surely makes sense given the history. Ideally i'd like things to work with Diggs here. But a trade like this would be bold & likely one of the only ways we can get out of the contract, without really hurting ourselves in the process

That must be from last year because otherwise, I don't know what either team is going to do with those 2023 picks.

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Maybe he lost motivation when Brady came onboard and cut down his downfield routes, started mailing it in a little.

Then he couldn't turn the focus back on when needed to on the few deep shots he got late in the year...

If anything, I'd guess it's probably that he's getting older and at that part in his career when a player starts to lose a lil juice or whatever.

But anyones guess is as good as mine I assume

3 hours ago, Low Positive said:

That must be from last year because otherwise, I don't know what either team is going to do with those 2023 picks.

ha good eye! Yeah whoever posted it on twitter must've reused it from last year. So this must've been 1 of those xmas wish-list type trade ideas at the time. 
After the way Stef's play fell off & given his salary, idk if an offer would even look that good now, but who knows. The chances of it happening are slim to none anyways. So other than Stef handling his business on his own & regaining that form, i dont know what around him can change for the better to help. You'd like to say a new OC, but his play fell off a cliff after Brady took over. And from all the All-22 film i saw, the route concepts & even Stef himself were the main problems, of course im no expert.

So i guess we're just living on a prayer & hoping for the best next year?, really nothing else we can do. We can scheme ways to get him open & all that, but will we? After Brady took over, I havent seen 1 example of us doing that so far, with really anyone, but doesnt mean we havent or cant. Just remains to be seen if we will i suppose.

Not a great situation at all but with Josh Allen, anything is possible. Just wish it wasnt all on him.  GO BILLS

5 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Come on! You know one of our favorite hobbies is: What If? 

We are so smart we almost always get it right the second time. 

57 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

The antics were tolerable when elite play was the norm. At this point it’s annoying. 

7 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Screenshot_1.jpg

It would be incredibly ironic if diggs wants out and is traded to a losing franchise. Got to think he refuses to go there haha

7 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Screenshot_1.jpg

I saw a proposal in Bleacher Report with the Giants.  Giants get Diggs and a 2024 6th and Bills get DT Dexter Lawrence and a 2024 2nd and 2024 5th.  As much as I love Diggs, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat!

• Agree 1

Trading Diggs is not going to happen. Diggs will be here for at least one more season. Would make zero sense to lose Diggs and Davis and roll the dice with an unproven rookie and Shakir. We won’t have the money to sign a top WR and we aren’t going to be swapping WRs with anyone. So unless the Bills are getting Harrison, he’s staying. 

2 hours ago, Bill51390 said:

Trading Diggs is not going to happen. Diggs will be here for at least one more season. Would make zero sense to lose Diggs and Davis and roll the dice with an unproven rookie and Shakir. We won’t have the money to sign a top WR and we aren’t going to be swapping WRs with anyone. So unless the Bills are getting Harrison, he’s staying. 

Just for kicks, let’s say we trade Diggs to Houston or Dallas along with a 2 or 3 in 25 & 6th this year for their 1st.

This frees up 19 mil in cap this season if post dated for June 1st. 

you now have 2 1st round picks.

Personally, my goal would be to try and snag 2 of…Brian Thomas Jr / Troy Franklin / Legette / Worthy

Another option could be trading for Cortland Sutton. He’s rumored available for a 4th.

had 10 TDs on 90 targets.  Has the ability to really explode with an elite QB. At the very least, he’s an upgrade from Gabe Davis 

his contract can be restructured upon acquisition to make his cap hit 3.5 mil this season & I believe 13 mil in 2025

Hollywood Brown is also realistic UFA target.  Michael Pittman is friends with Josh, but we’d need to get real creative with the $$

Unlikely…but possible WR makeover

Cortland Sutton 

Troy Franklin

Shakir

Hollywood Brown

Xavier Worthy

Beane & Sean made “explosive plays” a point of emphasis after the season

a WR room along these lines with Josh Allen would be a lot of fun to watch.

a big bodied WR in Sutton who could really flourish with a top QB. The plays he made against us were impressive. You can bet Beane took note.

Franklin has elite 4.3 speed with 18 YPC and showed he is QB friendly getting open on “ad lib” scramble plays.

Worthy has 4.29 speed and plays tough for his size. He would immediately be up there with Tyreek for fastest players in the NFL

Hollywood Brown is another elite speed guy who needs a restart.

I wish we had utilized Harty much more on offense. He has crazy short area quickness. He’s under contract for this season. We’ll see if he remains

Honestly, I just want this offense to add buckets of speed. We need multiple game breakers. Now.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

i dunno if it is related or not, but statistically what stands out on the bills over the past few years (aside from josh, obv) is that the D is a dependable monster and diggs is a production machine.

the thing is, both of those fall to total crap in the playoffs.  kinda hard to say exactly why in all cases, but it's happened way too many times in a row for it to just be a random event.

that kind/level of drop off is too much.  based on that, if i had a no cost out o diggs, i'd take it, which is wild because i'd totall swap his contract to sign tee higgins, who just has never performed as well as diggs over the course of a given season.  im just hoping he sorts it out and we add some talent at wr so our playoff offense doesn't come down to a sumping diggs catching a perfect bomb from 17, or number 16 butter fingering balls in the corner (or davis the prior year).

16 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Not yet.  

Why?  Just curious.  I am sure you have reasons, I just always wonder what's up when we get some of these "I could if I would but I won't" type cryptic comments (John Wawrow is somewhat notable for them)

12 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Just for kicks, let’s say we trade Diggs to Houston or Dallas along with a 2 or 3 in 25 & 6th this year for their 1st.

This frees up 19 mil in cap this season if post dated for June 1st.

I could be mistaken, but to my understanding the only time one can post-date a roster move is with a CUT.  Not a trade.  A CUT.

And when one does post-date a cut to after June 1, the cap relief only takes place after June 1st.

Edited by Beck Water