Josh Allen not in Pro Bowl because of Pebble Beach tee time, Minshew going as alternate

The Pro Bowl is a commercial venture by the NFL. It used to at LEAST be a player vacation in Hawaii. 

In the earlier games after the AFL/NFL merger, we used to always root for the AFC, even though we knew it was only an exhibition game.

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/3/2024 at 1:27 AM, pennstate10 said:

Why does Brady look 2-4 inches taller than Josh in this clip?

On 2/3/2024 at 1:56 AM, mannc said:

I noticed the same thing. 

He might now own part of Nobull athletic shoes, but he wears HOKA brand when he wants to seem taller. 🤔😁

3 hours ago, Low Positive said:

The Pro Bowl wasn’t football, but this isn’t even fake football. It’s Battle of the Network Stars. 

Get used to it.  The NFL will be a flag football league in 10 years.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Get used to it.  The NFL will be a flag football league in 10 years.  

the bolded reads to me like an interesting off season thread topic, Not to derail this thread but I bet a lot of people would have opinions on this.

the kittyfication of football is a concern of the fans. We are consumers and we want the content we want. Too bad if it effects life and limb for the players involved. **shrugs** 

anyway...

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, muppy said:

the bolded reads to me like an interesting off season thread topic, Not to derail this thread but I bet a lot of people would have opinions on this.

the kittyfication of football is a concern of the fans. We are consumers and we want the content we want. Too bad if it effects life and limb for the players involved. **shrugs** 

anyway...

My comment is based on more than just the recent NFL rule changes…last week, California nearly passed a law banning tackle football for kids under 12 years old…Flag Football is going to be an Olympic sport, and the NFL is heavily promoting this new “sport”…and of course the Pro Bowl nonsense.  I don’t want to turn this political, but it’s where our society is heading…governments are intervening in personal choices “for our own good” more and more, and getting away with it.

Edited by mannc

California is in a heap of atmospheric trouble today folks. The rain estimates are off the chain along with 60mph winds in some places. Flooding, mudslides, blizzards in the mountains, all of tthat MESS

Stay Safe Cali peeps.

Canceling this tourny was a no brainer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.