2024 WR Draft Class

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

thread is a good read on Legette’s history.  
He’s worked hard to get to this point.  
Both his parents passed away years ago.  

guy seems he’d be real easy to root for!

also,  “XL”  his initials is a fantastic nickname for this beast.

The guy is the total package. Size, build, speed, playmaking ability. And in listening to him talk at the Combine and reading about his history - I'd be surprised if he didn't wow them in the Interview process as well.

As I've said to people before, if you're someone who's scared by him being 23 after spending an extra year in College or the one year wonder thing - without those things we wouldn't get a whiff of him. He'd be up there with Nabers and Odunze in the Top 10.

From what I've seen of him on video and how he measured and performed at the Combine, he's the perfect fit for what I feel Beane is looking for. I'll take the age and one year wonder concerns for what he's got. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The guy is the total package. Size, build, speed, playmaking ability.

As I've said to people before, if you're someone who's scared by him being 23 after spending an extra year in College or the one year wonder thing - without those things we wouldn't get a whiff of him. He'd be up there with Nabers and Odunze in the Top 10.

From what I've seen of him on video and how he measured and performed at the Combine, he's the perfect fit for what I feel Beane is looking for. I'll take the age and one year wonder concerns for what he's got. 

I’ll sign up for him right now. Especially if it only requires a trade up of 2-3 spots or staying at 28.   He looked noticeably bigger compared to the other WR’s.  He’s an intimidating presence

I know you won’t like it, but depending on what we do in UFA, perhaps Troy Franklin now drops into the mid 2 within trade range and we could come away with a fantastic combo at WR.  He looks much faster in games than 4.41…

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The guy is the total package. Size, build, speed, playmaking ability. And in listening to him talk at the Combine and reading about his history - I'd be surprised if he didn't wow them in the Interview process as well.

To issue is that he didn’t do much prior to his 23 season. That’s a red flag for NFL success 

• Like (+1) 1

WR fatigue has set in for me 🤪, taking a small break to focus on O-line prospects. But seriously, looking forward to pro days and hopefully some interviews of these WR prospects, still think movement of order on the top 15 or so will take place between now and the draft.

9 minutes ago, DJB said:

To issue is that he didn’t do much prior to his 23 season. That’s a red flag for NFL success 

He had stuff working against him. He was switched to QB in high school and his development at WR was delayed a bit.  

If his work ethic continues there’s no reason he can’t turn into a DK Metcalf 

57 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’ll sign up for him right now. Especially if it only requires a trade up of 2-3 spots or staying at 28.   He looked noticeably bigger compared to the other WR’s.  He’s an intimidating presence

I know you won’t like it, but depending on what we do in UFA, perhaps Troy Franklin now drops into the mid 2 within trade range and we could come away with a fantastic combo at WR.  He looks much faster in games than 4.41…

Honestly, if Beane went WR in Round 1 and Round 2 - I wouldn't be upset about it. I just don't see it. Especially after today. We're going to need another Starter in Round 2.

As for Franklin, I'm kind of out on him. I don't necessarily *expect* it - but I wouldn't be shocked if he slid to Round 3. Everything that had me high on him, was dispelled at the Combine. Weighed in even less than was expected. Was shorter than expected. Ran slower than people he was expected to be faster than - including dead last in the 10 yard split. And was terrible in drills.

Listening to the Cover 1 guys talk about him turned me off even more. Watch the whole part titled "Which WR Hurt Themselves" starting at 32:10 and listen to them both talk about him. I think he was over hyped on this board:

At this point, I feel like there's probably a WR I'd prefer over him at 60 even if he were there and we were going WR again.

45 minutes ago, DJB said:

I'll bet on the traits, the skills, and the head on his shoulders rather than generic stats that base only on age and not scheme, team fit, or the player themselves.

Like I said, it's a fair concern to have and is something that makes him in play for us. But I'll take the chance there. 

• Like (+1) 1

I listened to Bruce Nolan's podcast and he has his WR rankings.  For those who don't know, he's been a writer and podcaster for Buffalo Rumblings for years and he knows his stuff.  Very knowledgeable in scouting.

He actually ranked his top 17 WRs in the draft and broke them into 5 tiers:

Tier 1

Marvin Harrison Jr.

Malik Nabers

Rome Odunze

Tier 2

Brian Thomas Jr.

Adonai Mitchell

Ladd McConkey

Tier 3

Ricky Pearsall

Javon Baker

Roman Wilson

Tier 4

Xavier Legette

Xavier Worthy

Ja'Lynn Polk

Brendan Rice

Troy Franklin

Tier 5

Malachi Corley

Jalen McMillen

Keon Coleman

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I listened to Bruce Nolan's podcast and he has his WR rankings.  For those who don't know, he's been a writer and podcaster for Buffalo Rumblings for years and he knows his stuff.  Very knowledgeable in scouting.

He actually ranked his top 17 WRs in the draft and broke them into 5 tiers:

Tier 1

Marvin Harrison Jr.

Malik Nabers

Rome Odunze

Tier 2

Brian Thomas Jr.

Adonai Mitchell

Ladd McConkey

Tier 3

Ricky Pearsall

Javon Baker

Roman Wilson

Tier 4

Xavier Legette

Xavier Worthy

Ja'Lynn Polk

Brendan Rice

Troy Franklin

Tier 5

Malachi Corley

Jalen McMillen

Keon Coleman

Polk, Legette & Franklin a whole tier below Pearsall, Wilson and Baker….?!? 🤡

I know Franklin didn’t have a great combine but the tape doesn’t lie, there’s no way he’s a whole classification below those 3. Same with Legette. 

9 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I know Franklin didn’t have a great combine but the tape doesn’t lie, there’s no way he’s a whole classification below those 3. Same with Legette. 

No way... huh????  Have you scouted all these players thoroughly and do you have a scouting background?

I agree it was eye opening that he put Pearsall, Wilson and Baker ahead of a bunch of guys everyone's talking about in the late first round, but it's quite possible we're the ones who are wrong.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

No way... huh????  Have you scouted all these players thoroughly and do you have a scouting background?

I agree it was eye opening that he put Pearsall, Wilson and Baker ahead of a bunch of guys everyone's talking about in the late first round, but it's quite possible we're the ones who are wrong.

No, I didn’t claim myself an expert but I’ve watched a lot of UofSC and Oregon games. Im fine with them being below the tiers 1 and 2 but I’d have him on par with at least Pearsall and Wilson at best. More so Legette as he didn’t bomb at the combine if that’s the basis and the guy was really the only option Rattler had. Productive against Florida and Georgia to boot even with double coverage…

17 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He's the guy most likely to fall to us at #28 that I'm happy drafting although I like Thomas Jr. and Mitchell better. The one year wonder is fair criticism but as his NFL.com draft writeup states, it was his only season with 30 or more targets. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BBFL said:

No, I didn’t claim myself an expert but I’ve watched a lot of UofSC and Oregon games. Im fine with them being below the tiers 1 and 2 but I’d have him on par with at least Pearsall and Wilson at best. More so Legette as he didn’t bomb at the combine if that’s the basis and the guy was really the only option Rattler had. Productive against Florida and Georgia to boot even with double coverage…

Have you watched a lot of Pearsall and Wilson?

41 minutes ago, BBFL said:

With Franklin, i'd say that there's a difference between watching the highlights and watching all of his tape.

In talking about him above, I posted a link to Cover 1 discussing him. One of the major concerns is that he has a hard time dealing with press and getting off the line. They mentioned games where he struggled against CB's who aren't NFL level players. The things that made him attractive were that he had Elite speed near Worthy and was 6'3". And even though he looked skinny and frail, he was listed at 190 lbs. Even with those things, there's a myth that Franklin was a consensus 1st Round pick and a complete WR. That wasn't true even before the Combine, except for this board. Many prognosticators believed he was a 2nd Round pick behind a lot of guys already. Mel Kiper didn't list him in his Top 10 WR's.

Then he gets to the Combine and he's not 6'3" - he's actually 6'1". He's not 190 lbs, he's actually 175. And his supposed elite speed was nowhere near Worthy and slower than guys like Legette and McConkey, only ranking 10th among WR's. More concerning was his 1.61 10 yard split, ranking dead last among all WR's there. Confirming the concerns at the line. Then he does his on-field work and performs poorly. Running the gauntlet so badly Daniel Jeremiah was calling him out on Live TV.

The Combine exposed him. There's a difference between not looking great there and having every single one of the things that made you attractive dispelled and the things that were a concern highlighted. There's a lot wrong with that list you were commenting on. But Franklin being in Tier 4 instead of 2 or 3 doesn't shock me.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Have you watched a lot of Pearsall and Wilson?

Not as much as Legette and Franklin, hence why I didn’t say above… But they were both more productive than Pearsall and Wilson…

Wilson played better competition but he wasn’t exactly dominating or the teams he faced. Alabama was his best game. Baker had a great season. Again, I have no problem them being in the same tier but a whole classification below is wildly absurd imo. 

16 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’ve heard Sal mention the possibility of trading up several times now. He said could be higher than Beane usually goes. Like 15-20 range.

is Brian Thomas Jr. who we covet?

Personally, I'd rather take Legette at 28, and trade up from 60 to grab McConkey, but I think Ladd may go in the first.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’ve heard Sal mention the possibility of trading up several times now. He said could be higher than Beane usually goes. Like 15-20 range.

is Brian Thomas Jr. who we covet?

I'd say if we were to make a move like that, it's clearly Brian Thomas Jr. to me. I don't think we'd have to get that high for someone like AD Mitchell and I don't think we'd give up what it would take to get that high to Draft a guy like Worthy, with the amount of questions mark he has outside of Speed. In my opinion, anyone else but those two (and the top 3 guys who will be long gone) will be available at 28 or with a smaller move than that.

But I'd caution reading anything into it. Sal has brought this up a number of times, but he always says that it's his gut instinct talking and an uninformed prediction. Not something where he's talking about the possibility of it happening because he's heard something.

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

Not as much as Legette and Franklin, hence why I didn’t say above… But they were both more productive than Pearsall and Wilson…

Wilson played better competition but he wasn’t exactly dominating or the teams he faced. Alabama was his best game. Baker had a great season. Again, I have no problem them being in the same tier but a whole classification below is wildly absurd imo. 

I don't watch College Football AT ALL!!!  But my understanding is that Michigan didn't pass the ball all that much.

Most scouts have JJ McCarthy above Bo Nix or Michael Penix even though McCarthy has significantly less production.

Also... remember Josh Allen...

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Personally, I'd rather take Legette at 28, and trade up from 60 to grab McConkey, but I think Ladd may go in the first.

I think you have it backwards. McConkey you’d have to take at 28 and Legette at 60. Might have to trade up a bit to get Legette, but wouldn’t cost you a ton to move from 60 to like 50.  This is my plan B: McConkey then a true z receiver like Legette, worthy, Pearsall or Franklin. 

plan A is trade up for Thomas

either plan would be dynamic with Josh:

diggs, McConkey, Legette, Shakir and our TEs

or

diggs, Thomas, Shakir, our TEs and a late round WR

both scenarios are very possible as we have 11 picks and Beane isn’t drafting 11 players

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'd say if we were to make a move like that, it's clearly Brian Thomas Jr. to me. I don't think we'd have to get that high for someone like AD Mitchell and I don't think we'd give up what it would take to get that high to Draft a guy like Worthy, with the amount of questions mark he has outside of Speed. In my opinion, anyone else but those two (and the top 3 guys who will be long gone) will be available at 28 or with a smaller move than that.

But I'd caution reading anything into it. Sal has brought this up a number of times, but he always says that it's his gut instinct talking and an uninformed prediction. Not something where he's talking about the possibility of it happening because he's heard something.

ehhh sounded a bit different than what you’re referring too.  

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

thad be fun!!!

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't watch College Football AT ALL!!!  But my understanding is that Michigan didn't pass the ball all that much.

Most scouts have JJ McCarthy above Bo Nix or Michael Penix even though McCarthy has significantly less production.

Also... remember Josh Allen...

The breakdown on Michigan was that they did pass a lot, but typically only in the 1st half. They had a lot of huge leads & ran the ball at a much higher % than pass in the 2nd half of most games.

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

With Franklin, i'd say that there's a difference between watching the highlights and watching all of his tape.

In talking about him above, I posted a link to Cover 1 discussing him. One of the major concerns is that he has a hard time dealing with press and getting off the line. They mentioned games where he struggled against CB's who aren't NFL level players. The things that made him attractive were that he had Elite speed near Worthy and was 6'3". And even though he looked skinny and frail, he was listed at 190 lbs. Even with those things, there's a myth that Franklin was a consensus 1st Round pick and a complete WR. That wasn't true even before the Combine, except for this board. Many prognosticators believed he was a 2nd Round pick behind a lot of guys already. Mel Kiper didn't list him in his Top 10 WR's.

Then he gets to the Combine and he's not 6'3" - he's actually 6'1". He's not 190 lbs, he's actually 175. And his supposed elite speed was nowhere near Worthy and slower than guys like Legette and McConkey, only ranking 10th among WR's. More concerning was his 1.61 10 yard split, ranking dead last among all WR's there. Confirming the concerns at the line. Then he does his on-field work and performs poorly. Running the gauntlet so badly Daniel Jeremiah was calling him out on Live TV.

The Combine exposed him. There's a difference between not looking great there and having every single one of the things that made you attractive dispelled and the things that were a concern highlighted. There's a lot wrong with that list you were commenting on. But Franklin being in Tier 4 instead of 2 or 3 doesn't shock me.

I've been a big proponent of Franklin, but it's hard to argue with this.  He was a complete non-factor in the Pac12 Championship game against Washington's more physical DBs... 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I think you have it backwards. McConkey you’d have to take at 28 and Legette at 60. Might have to trade up a bit to get Legette, but wouldn’t cost you a ton to move from 60 to like 50.  This is my plan B: McConkey then a true z receiver like Legette, worthy, Pearsall or Franklin. 

or

both scenarios are very possible as we have 11 picks and Beane isn’t drafting 11 players

I don't think it's a viable scenario any way you slice it. Legette will not be available near 60 after he tested and measured as he did. Legette and McConkey were on top of each other before the Combine and especially after how each performed after.

Worthy is also not going to be available anywhere near where you have him either. I've mentioned this a few times, but Rappaport talked to some execs who told him Worthy may have worked his way up to WR4 with his unheard of speed. I'd believe that when I see it, but he's also not a mid-2nd Rounder either.

Pearsall is a true Slot. Played Slot in College, projects to Slot in the Pros. We won't take a Pure Slot with both Shakir and Kincaid there.

30 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

ehhh sounded a bit different than what you’re referring too.  

Got a link? I think you're hearing what you want to hear. Everytime I've heard it mentioned it's his "bold prediction". 

No reporter has the first inkling of what Beane definitively plans on doing. Hell, Beane himself probably doesn't even know what he'll be doing definitively until the board starts to play out. Even the idea of WR at 28 is merely a predication right now.

20 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The age thing is not as big as some make it out to be IMO.  A 1st rounder has a 5-year rookie deal and then typically another 4-year deal.

After 9 years in the NFL, it's a crap shoot as to what a player's worth is going forward.  He would be 32 and the young guys are 30ish.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The age thing is not as big as some make it out to be IMO.  A 1st rounder has a 5-year rookie deal and then typically another 4-year deal.

After 9 years in the NFL, it's a crap shoot as to what a player's worth is going forward.  He would be 32 and the young guys are 30ish.

It's not about how old he'll be on his rookie contract; it's about the fact that he literally didn't do anything in college until he was a very old (for a college player). The track record for WRs like that is historically atrocious. People can say if he was 21 instead of 23, he'd be a top 10 pick, but he was 21 once upon a time. He had 63 yards that season. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

or

I think Legette and McConkey may both go in the first, unfortunately. I expect the Bills to favor the big X, which is why I posed the scenario in the way that I did. I know Worthy is fast as the wind, but I still think he's just too light. I dropped Franklin after his disastrous Combine, and it turning out he's smaller than advertised. I like Pearsall, but as BillsFanForever19 pointed out, he's a slot. I would go for Coleman if he dropped to the second. And Walker, too, really. Rice, a bit later, for me.

Anyway, I love McConkey, but I'm skeptical that is the way Beane is prioritizing the position, though I'm only guessing, of course.

Edited by Dr. Who

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think Legette and McConkey may both go in the first, unfortunately. I expect the Bills to favor the big X, which is why I posed the scenario in the way that I did. I know Worthy is fast as the wind, but I still think he's just too light. I dropped Franklin after his disastrous Combine, and it turning out he's smaller than advertised. I like Pearsall, but as BillsFanForever19 pointed out, he's a slot. I would go for Coleman if he dropped to the second. And Walker, too, really. Rice, a bit later, for me.

Anyway, I love McConkey, but I'm skeptical that is the way Beane is prioritizing the position, though I'm only guessing, of course.

McConkey played out wide a lot more than Pearsall did, but I think Pearsall is probably in the same boat where he might be able to play out wide but might be better suited to the slot. He was close to a 50/50 split this past season between lining up out wide vs. the slot and he was mainly playing outside at the Senior Bowl practices.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Agreed.  He was my pre combine crush but his frame really turned me off.  Shorter.  Lighter.  Weaker.  Dude fell over himself a couple times.  WRs weighing 176 lbs shouldn’t be falling over themselves.  Just looked so weak.  I like his game tape though and I think he can be a weapon regardless of his 40.  He’s the only guy that really moved down a lot in my rankings after the combine.  I’d rather draft Ladd as an X even though he’s best in the slot. Pearsall is my biggest riser, but I hadn’t watched very much of him prior to the combine.  I think he’s legit

I think I’m currently: 

Thomas JR

Mitchell

leggette

mcconkey

Worthy

Polk

Pearsall

Franklin

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

watching Nabers highlights…. Man he’s fun. His start stop movement and acceleration has to be 98% level. Like a ferrari with the best racing brakes you could get. Looks unreal. Plus his ball tracking and yac are high level

would anyone do this?

2025 1st

2025 3rd

how high does that get us?  
Could we get to the Giants pick at 6? 

Another way to look at this is we’d still have 8 picks (2,4,5,5,6,6,6,7) after having drafted Nabers

FWIW Nabers thinks Brian Thomas Jr is going to be a Buffalo Bill

I’ll assume we’ve shown high interest and Thomas Jr told his buddy Nabers.  Thomas called Nabers one of his best friends in the combine interview.

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

FWIW Nabers thinks Brian Thomas Jr is going to be a Buffalo Bill

I’ll assume we’ve shown high interest and Thomas Jr told his buddy Nabers.  Thomas called Nabers one of his best friends in the combine interview.

Joe Brady’s dream is probably to have both LSU WR’s  😎

Bills shock the league draft night

To NYG:  28, 99, 143, 2025 1st & 3rd 
To BUF: 6th pick… Nabers

We’d still have 8 picks left.

To HOU: Diggs, 4th
To BUF: 23rd pick… Brian Thomas Jr

6 picks left and your offense just became dynamite

as Beane said at the combine: if it works nobody gives a ****

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Bills shock the league draft night

To NYG:  28, 99, 143, 2025 1st & 3rd 
To BUF: 6th pick… Nabers

We’d still have 8 picks left.

To HOU: Diggs, 4th
To BUF: 23rd pick… Brian Thomas Jr

6 picks left and your offense just became dynamite

as Beane said at the combine: if it works nobody gives a ****

You've really been going off the deep end the past couple days, my dude. Is this in conjunction with Chris Jones and Derrick Henry?

That line applies to Drafting a Franchise QB. It's not remotely the same scenario. He was saying if Josh didn't work he'd be fired and if he landed a Stud Franchise QB - who cares what he gave up? That doesn't apply to WR and he has job security now.

And we didn't even BOTHER interviewing Malik Nabers (or MHJ or Odunze for that matter) at the Combine. There's a reason for that.

The depth of the class is such that you can walk away with a very good WR in Round 1 without having to give up anything. Possibly even better than the ones at the top. You never know.

Were you around for the Sammy Watkins trade? We gave up a bunch of stuff and could have stayed put and got Odell Beckham Jr. at WR or Aaron Donald. We've been killed for it ever since. And this? This is the idea of giving up the farm for one WR when you can get another... on crack.

And for the millionth time - Diggs isn't being traded. And we'd never in a million years trade him to Houston, even if we were to move him. 

If Brian Thomas is on the board at somewhere like 16 before the Jags pick, that's about as high as we'll possibly go. And I don't even expect us to go that high. Probably closer to the low 20's. 6 is a pipe dream. The idea of Trading away our #1 WR and trying to win a Super Bowl next year with 2 guys on the Outside who have never played a down in the NFL is a fever dream.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Were you around for the Sammy Watkins trade? We gave up a bunch of stuff and could have stayed put and got Mike Evans or OBJ (or Mack at a different position). We've been killed for it ever since. And this? This is that on Crack.

We couldn't have drafted Evans or Mack at our original spot. Mack went #5 right after we took Sammy at #4. And I think Evans went at #7 and we originally were at either #9 or #10 if memory serves. I remember because Evans was my guy that year. Wanted him so bad. 

OBJ did go later. He would have been on the board at our original pick.

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We couldn't have drafted Evans or Mack at our original spot. Mack went #5 right after we took Sammy at #4. And I think Evans went at #7 and we originally were at either #9 or #10 if memory serves. I remember because Evans was my guy that year. Wanted him so bad. 

OBJ did go later. He would have been on the board at our original pick.

You're right, I was remembering wrong.

We could have taken Evans or Mack instead of Sammy at 4. But if we stayed put at 9, we could have gotten OBJ (picked at 12) or Aaron Donald (picked at 13).

It just goes to show that even the higher ranked players aren't guarantees to be the best. And when you pay the farm to bet on that and it turns out wrong, it's all the much worse.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You're right, I was remembering wrong.

We could have taken Evans or Mack instead of Sammy at 4. But if we stayed put at 9, we could have gotten OBJ (picked at 12) or Aaron Donald (picked at 13).

It just goes to show that even the higher ranked players aren't guarantees to be the best. And when you pay the farm to bet on that and it turns out wrong, it's all the much worse.

Sammy over Evans was an example where the majority NFL consensus was wrong. It wasn't just the Bills. He was a lock to be the first receiver off the board. Had he been there at #7 I'm sure Tampa would have taken him. Madness. 

I didn't like OBJ much though I must confess. It was my first year really trying ro evaluate the draft and I had Brandin Cooks as my WR3 after Evans at 1 and Sammy at 2.

Let’s go on the record now boys … week before FA which could  lead to a “fluid “ outcome if they sign or trade for someone 

1 pick only as to which WR they are taking at 28…( or a minor trade up like last year) 

Let’s assume Thomas is out of reach as Top 20 and Beane won’t pay the freight to move up…

So who you got folks?

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Sammy over Evans was an example where the majority NFL consensus was wrong. It wasn't just the Bills. He was a lock to be the first receiver off the board. Had he been there at #7 I'm sure Tampa would have taken him. Madness. 

I didn't like OBJ much though I must confess. It was my first year really trying ro evaluate the draft and I had Brandin Cooks as my WR3 after Evans at 1 and Sammy at 2.

Oh for sure! Sammy was FAR and away the #1 WR in that Draft going into it. He was considered the best WR coming out in years. I even heard some people call him the best WR prospect of all time. He was "can't miss".

Which is the point I'm getting at. Even the most sure thing prospects miss. Often times the guys considered the next tier of talent end up better. Minnesota could have gave up 22 and a bunch of other picks to move up and take Ruggs, Jeudy, or Lamb instead of staying pat and selecting Jefferson, for example. That would have been a mistake.

Don't get me wrong, Nabers looks great. But there's no guarantee he's going to turn out to be better than the guys we'll end up with at 28 or who we can get for a smaller trade up. So giving up two 1st's, 2 3rd's, and a 5th is frankly irresponsible IMO.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Let’s go on the record now boys … week before FA which could  lead to a “fluid “ outcome if they sign or trade for someone 

1 pick only as to which WR they are taking at 28…( or a minor trade up like last year) 

Let’s assume Thomas is out of reach as Top 20 and Beane won’t pay the freight to move up…

So who you got folks?

Who I think they'd take? Adonai Mitchell. 

I'd still take Legette over him personally. 

• Like (+1) 1