2024 WR Draft Class

23 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I believe Gunner has never been wrong about anything in his life …

except Josh Allen…( most people were to be fair) 

And his favourite English soccer  team 👎

He was wrong about Cody Ford but I can’t bust his chops on that because so was I

And yes, gunner is seldom wrong about anything

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Honestly, I think I’d be good with that. He’s still only 21.   6’4  likely has 4.38-4.42 speed.  Looks the part. 195 lbs, but can add another 10-15 lbs of muscle to his frame. He has made big plays in big games. 

I like him more than most here. Some of those whose opinion I value don't see him as a first rounder. I guess that is because he lacks explosive speed. He's definitely someone I would consider at #28.

So my intentional along as we should definitely be taking a wide receiver at 28 and my pic, for that would be Troy Franklin

But we do have other needs just for conversation sake who do you think would be available with our second round pick if they ended up going defensive line in the first because it also is a need

And

How many are in the trade down vote this year? to try to pick up an additional pic and who would you take the tray down pick

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

interesting. He reportedly ran a 4.38 at Georgia

My surmise is he takes time to build up to that speed. If he runs well at the Combine, I can't see how he isn't a lock for the first. One of the things I like about him is he has very reliable hands. It's a big plus.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I believe Gunner has never been wrong about anything in his life …

except Josh Allen…( most people were to be fair) 

And his favourite English soccer  team 👎

I accept the Josh Allen line. The soccer line is beyond the pale.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

My surmise is he takes time to build up to that speed. If he runs well at the Combine, I can't see how he isn't a lock for the first.

I really wish the Bills had another 1st.
I know many on here disagree, but if a team like HOU at 23 or DAL at 24 was willing to part with that pick for Diggs (assume we’d add a mid & late rounder) I would do it.  Then Josh has 2 new bff’s to keep your offense elite for 5 years. In theory at least

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I know many on here disagree, but if a team like HOU at 23 or DAL at 24 was willing to part with that pick for Diggs (assume we’d add a mid & late rounder) I would do it.  Then Josh has 2 new bff’s to keep your offense elite for 5 years. In theory at least

2 Rookie wide, receivers in a playoff run?

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

2 Rookie wide, receivers in a playoff run?

did you see who the Chiefs just won with?

Rashee Rice and MVS.  Yes, they have Kelce. But still…..

their rookie Rice was fantastic down the stretch and in the playoffs. 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I just don't think Diggs is tradeable for that kind of value given his age and contract. I am still inclined to go WR in round 1 and again early. If the right player was there in the second, I would do it, even if that means risking having some holes on D. But I'd be shocked if Beane does that. I think he will go WR early, then DT and S, and then in a deep draft, maybe take another WR in the fourth. (And to be clear, that is also a rational plan.)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I just don't think Diggs is tradeable for that kind of value given his age and contract. I am still inclined to go WR in round 1 and again early. If the right player was there in the second, I would do it, even if that means risking having some holes on D. But I'd be shocked if Beane does that. I think he will go WR early, then DT and S, and then in a deep draft, maybe take another WR in the fourth. (And to be clear, that is also a rational plan.)

I know you’re probably right on both accounts . We’ll see! 

Diggs unfollowed all of his fellow Bills on IG for whatever that’s worth.  I wonder if it’s possible to completely re-do his contract in order to make him more tradeable (if that’s what he wants)

Edited by Warriorspikes51

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I know you’re probably right on both accounts . We’ll see! 

Diggs unfollowed all of his fellow Bills on IG for whatever that’s worth. 

He can post a picture of Taylor Swift on IG for all I care. He's not going to walk away from a big payday, and I don't think he has enough trade value to be able to force his way out if that were his inclination.

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Great. 2 picks in 7 years 

You have to be willfully obtuse to fail to recognize that Beane has not invested at WR early in a manner commensurate with positional value. He's been counting on Josh Allen elevating mid-level picks and modest free agents for the most part. It's not a sound strategy.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

He can post a picture of Taylor Swift on IG for all I care. He's not going to walk away from a big payday, and I don't think he has enough trade value to be able to force his way out if that were his inclination.

SI, Fan Duel and PFF all seem to believe teams would be willing to trade a 1st for him. We should know by March when he’s due 18.5 million

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yeah I would imagine Diggs would be ave to agree to a completely reworked deal of some sort to even make a trade of any kind even possible. Now, if in the next few weeks we see reworked deal of some sort with Diggs then sure, something could be possible then.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You have to be willfully obtuse to fail to recognize that Beane has not invested at WR early in a manner commensurate with positional value. He's been counting on Josh Allen elevating mid-level picks and modest free agents for the most part. It's not a sound strategy.

Yup. 100% with a talent like Allen as QB I would personally draft a WR fairly high, EVERY…. SINGLE….. YEAR…. You know, kind of like how they draft CBs. Can never have enough. Or the blatant mistakes at RB over the span of a few years. Gladly Cook seems to be working out. But we’ll see what happens this draft as we still need at least depth there. But we should absolutely be drafting at least 2 WR this year. And should draft one in the first 3 rounds just about every single year going forward. Keep the talent flowing at the position. It’ll continue to allow Josh to work with young pass catchers. Maximizes the chance you find some good ones. And helps eliminate the problem that we have now with Diggs. I’d say this, even if money wasn’t a problem you still can’t get rid of him. You’d be leaving Josh with nothing at the position. 

• Thank you (+1) 1