2024 WR Draft Class

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

if we don’t get Allen some quality dynamic WR’s that can actually catch and make plays for him…….

It MUST be priority #1

You like to act as if our cupboard is completely bare. We already DO have some quality dynamic WR's. 

We do need a true starter to replace to Gabe Davis. Which will be MASSIVE as, between injury and a recurrence of his bad hands, it made him a complete non-factor since before the mid-season point.

Which is a MAJOR contributor as to why Diggs fell off a bit down the stretch. We had LITERALLY nothing on the other X position taking coverage away from him. Teams could afford to roll even more coverage over to him than they usually do without an ounce of worry.

In Diggs is a TRUE Top NFL #1. A guy who even after falling off due to the disappearance of Gabe Davis and WR2 and a change in Coordinator and philosophy that had game planning focused on going to the uncovered guy at all times - still was #7 in the NFL in Receptions and a first selection Pro Bowler.

He's been an All Pro for 2 of his 4 seasons here. A Pro Bowler in all 4 seasons. A guy who halfway through the season was statistically Top 5. It's insane to think because of one drop and less than a half of season of a drop off has gone from Elite Top 5 to completely toast. With someone else added, I have no doubt he'll be the same great player he's always been this season.

And no matter how hard you (confusingly) want to make it seem as if he doesn't want to be here, there's a chance Beane will trade him, or that he's done - none of that is true. He's not going anywhere. And you shouldn't want him to go. While you're trying to move him out, every fanbase in the league that needs a WR is stupidly salivating at the idea of adding him, even though it'll never happen.

Khalil Shakir is entering Year 3 and has gotten better with each year. We didn't realize what we had in him fully until about 3/4 of the way through the year. This season he will be game planned to see even more usage and there's no saying he won't be even better than he was last season.

Dalton Kincaid is a TE in name only. He's a Slot WR. And as a Rookie, he exceeded my expectations in Year 1. Much like Shakir, as good as he looked last year, there's room for growth and will surely also be utilized more.

So while we do need to Draft a guy to replace Davis, the idea that we need a complete overhaul is simply not true. Situations like taking a guy in Round 1 and trading for a guy like Sutton AND doubling up in Round 2 is absolutely not going to happen.

I see it like this as far as the most you can hope for (and even this might be too much for Beane to realistically do with what we have in house):

1.) We take a guy like Brian Thomas Jr., Troy Franklin, Keon Coleman, Adonai Mitchell, or Xavier Legette in Round 1. Thomas or Franklin will probably require a small trade up.

2.) After securing starters at either DT, DE, FS, or SS with the next two picks - we move our 4th and our extra 5th to slide into the bottom of Round 3 or the top of Round 4 to get another guy we like.

3.) Late into the Offseason, after sitting on some money, we get a vet that was a surprise post-Draft cut that couldn't be traded or a guy that is still sitting on the market bc he asked for too much. Someone who has no choice but to accept less.

Making our WR core for next season:

Stefon Diggs

(Round 1 WR)

Khalil Shakir

(Unknown Vet late in FA)

(Late Round 3 or Early Round 4 WR)

Justin Shorter

Edited by BillsFanForever19

15 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You like to act as if our cupboard is completely bare. We already DO have some quality dynamic WR's. 

We do need a true starter to replace to Gabe Davis. Which will be MASSIVE as, between injury and a recurrence of his bad hands, it made him a complete non-factor since before the mid-season point.

Which is a MAJOR contributor as to why Diggs fell off a bit down the stretch. We had LITERALLY nothing on the other X position taking coverage away from him. Teams could afford to roll even more coverage over to him than they usually do without an ounce of worry.

In Diggs is a TRUE Top NFL #1. A guy who even after falling off due to the disappearance of Gabe Davis and WR2 and a change in Coordinator and philosophy that had game planning focused on going to the uncovered guy at all times - still was #7 in the NFL in Receptions and a first selection Pro Bowler.

He's been an All Pro for 2 of his 4 seasons here. A Pro Bowler in all 4 seasons. A guy who halfway through the season was statistically Top 5. It's insane to think because of one drop and less than a half of season of a drop off has gone from Elite Top 5 to completely toast. With someone else added, I have no doubt he'll be the same great player he's always been this season.

And no matter how hard you (confusingly) want to make it seem as if he doesn't want to be here, there's a chance Beane will trade him, or that he's done - none of that is true. He's not going anywhere. And you shouldn't want him to go. While you're trying to move him out, every fanbase in the league that needs a WR is stupidly salivating at the idea of adding him, even though it'll never happen.

Khalil Shakir is entering Year 3 and has gotten better with each year. We didn't realize what we had in him fully until about 3/4 of the way through the year. This season he will be game planned to see even more usage and there's no saying he won't be even better than he was last season.

Dalton Kincaid is a TE in name only. He's a Slot WR. And as a Rookie, he exceeded my expectations in Year 1. Much like Shakir, as good as he looked last year, there's room for growth and will surely also be utilized more.

So while we do need to Draft a guy to replace Davis, the idea that we need a complete overhaul is simply not true. Situations like taking a guy in Round 1 and trading for a guy like Sutton AND doubling up in Round 2 is absolutely not going to happen.

I see it like this as far as the most you can hope for (and even this might be too much for Beane to realistically do with what we have in house):

1.) We take a guy like Brian Thomas Jr., Troy Franklin, Keon Coleman, Adonai Mitchell, or Xavier Legette in Round 1. Thomas or Franklin will probably require a small trade up.

2.) After securing starters at either DT, DE, FS, or SS with the next two picks - we move our 4th and our extra 5th to slide into the bottom of Round 3 or the top of Round 4 to get another guy we like.

3.) Late into the Offseason, after sitting on some money, we get a vet that was a surprise post-Draft cut that couldn't be traded or a guy that is still sitting on the market bc he asked for too much. Someone who has no choice but to accept less.

Making our WR core for next season:

Stefon Diggs

(Round 1 WR)

Khalil Shakir

(Unknown Vet late in FA)

(Late Round 3 or Early Round 4 WR)

Justin Shorter

it remains to be seen what actually happens with Diggs. I would prefer to keep him, but I highly doubt he actually wants to be here.  We’ll see over the next 4 weeks what the plan is with him

”where there’s smoke there’s fire”  

if you’re telling me other teams are salivating about adding him and they still consider him elite…. then I should be able to acquire a 1st for him (even if I need to toss in a few picks) then I am doing that.

He has simply NOT made nearly enough of a difference in the playoffs.    

Different situation of course, but KC didn’t hesitate to move Tyreek Hill when he didn’t want to be there due to $$$ and decrease in target share.  And the result? They went to the next 2 SB’s 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

If Diggs is staying, we should try to do what we didn’t do last year.  We COULD have signed Hopkins for what he went for. The cap hits were doable.  He was good on a bad team with average QB play at best. If he was here, it may have been the difference against KC.

Beane won’t bother, but we should try to go after Mike Evans. Offer him 2 for 20per + incentives. Add void years and make the cap hit low enough. I’m guessing he wants 3 for 25 per though. So Beane won’t even consider it

then draft a speed threat WR in Round 1 or 2.  

THAT would be enough, but it’ll never happen.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

it remains to be seen what actually happens with Diggs. I would prefer to keep him, but I highly doubt he actually wants to be here.  We’ll see over the next 4 weeks what the plan is with him

if you’re telling me other teams are salivating about adding him and they still consider him elite…. then I should be able to acquire a 1st for him (even if I need to toss in a few picks) then I am doing that.

Different situation of course, but KC didn’t hesitate to move Tyreek Hill when he didn’t want to be there due to $$$ and decrease in target share.  And the result? They went to the next 2 SB’s 

It IS a different situation entirely. Tyreek Hill was on the last year of his deal and the Chiefs and he couldn't come to an agreement on an extension and he was going to leave at the end of the year. 

He's not going anywhere this season. Next season, maybe. We're not going to take less in compensation and cost ourselves more cap to move him this year when we're at our tightest. Especially not when we have to replace upwards of half of our WR core as is.

The "when there's smoke there's fire" you keep clinging to for some odd reason was in reference to everyone ELSE talking about it and him wondering if maybe Beane's thinking about it. Not that he's pushing for it. And trust me, Beane's not thinking about it. And that completely ignores him saying he doesn't want to go anywhere and hopes he retires here.

At most, Diggs wanted to get people talking about him in the Offseason. Something he does quite often. We don't want to move him. He doesn't want to go.

And I said team's fanbases. Not teams. Teams aren't going to take on that contract and give us remotely what you think they would .

Here's an interview he did with Yahoo! Sports that I found interesting. Namely in that he discusses why he "fell off" a bit down the stretch.

The main reason I share this is because this guy has a relationship with him and talks to him every year. In his appearance on OBL, he discussed how this year he seemed to be in a much better place than he was last year. Tasker commented that he seems ready to roll it back this year:

This narrative that he wants out or that he'll possibly be moved is COMPLETELY fan made or from click bait media. The only people that talk about it like it's a thing are fans that don't like him personally and want to MAKE it a thing, some media outlets that know he's a Superstar that will get them attention, and your trade posts bc you're obsessed with this years College crop. Ignoring everything else that's been said and his overall demeanor and focusing on a line here or two out of context.

No "remains to be seen". He's going nowhere.

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If Diggs is staying, we should try to do what we didn’t do last year.  We COULD have signed Hopkins for what he went for. The cap hits were doable.  He was good on a bad team with average QB play at best. If he was here, it may have been the difference against KC.

Beane won’t bother, but we should try to go after Mike Evans. Offer him 2 for 20per + incentives. Add void years and make the cap hit low enough. I’m guessing he wants 3 for 25 per though. So Beane won’t even consider it

I agree to an extent.

If we had saved some money and not signed Leonard Floyd instead, we could have made Hopkins happen last year.

That's why I propose we sit on some money and we wait this year. Getting someone like Mike Evans is impossible. We won't have the money to throw that kind of deal around this year, regardless of how you structure it.

But if we wait, a decent vet WR will either end up without a chair (possibly for overplaying their hand) at the end of FA or will be released post-Draft when no one would trade for them, like Hopkins was last year.

This will make them have to accept less as everyone has spent their money and filled their spots. We can't afford an Evans type early. But if we're patient, who knows, maybe someone like Hopkins does become available again and we can afford him this time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Hopkins, IMO, was definitely the SB winning piece we let get away. Even with the injuries suffered on the defensive side of the ball. 😢

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Can we stop with the releasing or trading Diggs talk already?

It's not happening.  Diggs is gonna be Diggs for the media.  I think he just likes making the media suffer.  Unfortunately, it also means Bills fans suffer... but for him it's about the media, not Bills fans.

By all reports with the Bills beat reporters, he stuck around in the locker room and was one of the last to leave hanging out with the guys on locker room cleanout day and was in good spirits.

Diggs is guaranteed here next year and probably the year after, too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

Just gonna leave this here, Smith can be a douche sometimes, but i do listen when he talks wide receivers.

Was just about to post this. Some cliff notes:

- Adonai Mitchell: "Folks not gonna like it, but I'm gonna tell you right now.... 90% Body Catcher. You can get mad at me for saying it, I'm just telling you what my eyes can see"

- Xavier Legette: "My comp right now, wanna know who he reminds me of? DK Metcalf... slightly better"

- Xavier Worthy: "He's a Body Catcher. After Thanksgiving dinner, he's 172 lbs. Wanna know who my comp is? Taller version of Tank Dell"

- Ja'lynn Polk - "Here's what he is to me, he's a DOG. Dog mentality. He's a dog with damn rabies. He's got some dog in him that you just don't see. Foaming at the mouth"

- Brian Thomas Jr. - "He's growing on me. I gotta watch some more film on him"

- Malachi Corley: "Man, I'm gonna tell you right now, going on record TODAY, the kid from Western Kentucky - Malachi Corley IS my steal of the Draft. He's not only the best player on his team, he IS the team. He's got that dog in him too. He's going to have to learn to put the ball in both hands. He only puts it in one hand"

- Troy Franklin: "Kinda reminds me of Jordan Addison. That's my comp"

- Johnny Wilson: "6'7" 237 lbs - he is not a good multitasker. That boy can't chew gum and tie his shoes at the same time. You hear this about a lot of people, "he's a freak".... maybe at night, but it ain't on the Football field. I'm just telling ya"

- Brendan Rice: "He is Isaiah Pacheco. He runs his routes harder than anyone known to mankind. I was watching his film and my daughter walked back and said "why's he running so hard?". He looks like he's gonna get a crick in his neck, that's how hard he runs"

- Devontez Walker: "He needs to focus on catching the ball a little bit better. I think he should have went back to College. I think he came out too early and his Draft stock is dropping as we speak. I'm talking right now and his Draft stock is dropping. I was talking to some guys and they said he should have went back to College. He's going to be a Day 3 pick"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

We can't pass on Metcalf again can we😉

Yeah, I'm really high on Legette. Just passes the eye test on everything i'm looking for. Height, elite speed, muscle, good hands.

Knock on him are his age (just turned 23 a few weeks ago) and 1 year of production. I don't think the 1 year scares Beane off. He likes guys who look good and are still a work in progress. Reminds me of Rousseau and his 1 year of production.

I see him as a guy that is going to sky rocket up the Draft boards once he has his Combine and Pro Day and will be in discussion for WR4 or WR5. I don't see him escaping Round 1 and could very well be our guy.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

Being an overaged prospect may be a blessing for us, otherwise i think he goes earlier.

Right now, he may very well be my favorite of the class outside of the 3 that will be long gone. I'm more and more confident with each passing day that our guy is one of either Brian Thomas Jr., Troy Franklin, Xavier Legette, or Keon Coleman.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Right now, he may very well be my favorite of the class outside of the 3 that will be long gone. I'm more and more confident with each passing day that our guy is one of either Brian Thomas Jr., Troy Franklin, Xavier Legette, or Keon Coleman.

Agree 100%

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Wouldn't bother me a bit if we double down in the 2nd, guys like Polk, Rice, Corley and Wilson really intrigue me. Chance they could all be there.

3 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

Wouldn't bother me a bit if we double down in the 2nd, guys like Polk, Rice, Corley and Wilson really intrigue me. Chance they could all be there.

Throw Worthy in there too.

11 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

Would very much like the idea of Polk, or Walker in the 2nd. Not sure if Rice is supporsed to be that high. Was thinking 3rd or later. If I’m wrong and all the experts have him going in the 2nd, then it’s probably too rich for our blood. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

I'm against doubling down in Round 2. There's too many things we need to do and not enough money to do it in FA. We need to get another Starter in Round 2, maybe even in Round 3 too before we start looking at our 4th WR. 

I think the 2022 model of what Beane did with CB is more likely. He took Elam Round 1 and then took Benford in Round 6. I'd go a little higher with our double dip at WR. But I don't expect him to go again until Round 4. Maybe a trade up from Round 4 into the bottom of Round 3 or top of Round 4 with the amount of Day 3 picks we have. 

I'm also notoriously anti-Worthy. Worthy's too small of a body and has too much slot usage. I see him as more of a gadget player you have to put all over the field. We already have two guys in Shakir and Kincaid that I always want on the field in the Slot. And as Smith said, a body catcher. What I see Beane wanting for a True Outside WR2 (that will be our #1 one day), Worthy doesn't fit that bill or check enough boxes IMO. 

Wilson is really big. But that's it. As Smith said, the guy can't chew gum and tie his shoes at the same time. Someone will take him for his size, but I'm not impressed by him either.

I like Polk and Rice. But I don't think they'll be there by the time we want to Double down. Maybe Rice. If Polk is there by the time our 3rd rolls around, you have to really consider it. But I doubt he will be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm against doubling down in Round 2. There's too many things we need to do and not enough money to do it in FA. We need to get another Starter in Round 2, maybe even in Round 3 too before we start looking at our 4th WR.

I'm also notoriously anti-Worthy. Worthy's too small of a body and has too much slot usage. I see him as more of a gadget player you have to put all over the field. We already have two guys in Shakir and Kincaid that I always want on the field in the Slot. And as Smith said, a body catcher. What I see Beane wanting for a True Outside WR2 (that will be our #1 one day), Worthy doesn't fit that bill or check enough boxes IMO. 

Wilson is really big. But that's it. As Smith said, the guy can't chew gum and tie his shoes at the same time. Someone will take him for his size, but I'm not impressed by him either.

I meant Roman Wilson from Michigan, and to be clear i don't think we double down in round 2. But if we do😁

Xavier Legette has to be the sleeper pick. I am a big S Carolina fan and this kid has come on like gangbusters in the last 2 years. He is big and strong and reminds me a bit of TO. If you have to use a first to get him do it as he is worth it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Liberal Bob said:

Xavier Legette has to be the sleeper pick. I am a big S Carolina fan and this kid has come on like gangbusters in the last 2 years. He is big and strong and reminds me a bit of TO. If you have to use a first to get him do it as he is worth it.

Agreed. But I don't think he is going to be a sleeper pick after the Combine and his Pro Day. His blend of size, muscle, and elite speed will have him being a surefire 1st Round Pick come Draft day IMO - if he isn't already in league circles.

It wouldn't shock me in the least if he were to hop Brian Thomas and/or Troy Franklin as the 4th or 5th WR off the board when everything is said and done. You don't find that kind of speed on a 6'3" 227 lb. Adonis frame everyday. And Beane's the type of guy to value traits like that over stars and highlights (and his aren't bad to begin with).

• Like (+1) 1

Mel Kiper's Top 10 WR's Big Board

https://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/insider/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/38381720/2024-nfl-draft-rankings-mel-kiper-big-board-top-prospects-position-best-players

1. Marvin Harrison Jr.

2. Rome Odunze

3. Malik Nabers

4. Brian Thomas Jr.

5. Ladd McConkey

6. Keon Coleman

7. Xavier Worthy

8. Adonai Mitchell

9. Malachi Corley

10. Xavier Legette

Troy Franklin doesn't even make his Top 10 list. Wild. McConkey is way too high for his size and (lack of) speed. Legette is too low IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

https://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/insider/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/38381720/2024-nfl-draft-rankings-mel-kiper-big-board-top-prospects-position-best-players

1. Marvin Harrison Jr.

2. Rome Odunze

3. Malik Nabers

4. Brian Thomas Jr.

5. Ladd McConkey

6. Keon Coleman

7. Xavier Worthy

8. Adonai Mitchell

9. Malachi Corley

10. Xavier Legette

Troy Franklin doesn't even make his Top 10 list. Wild. McConkey is way too high for his size and (lack of) speed. Legette is too low IMO.

Odd... I guess Mel likes thicc bois over stick bois

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

1. Marvin Harrison Jr.

2. Rome Odunze

3. Malik Nabers

4. Brian Thomas Jr.

5. Ladd McConkey

6. Keon Coleman

7. Xavier Worthy

8. Adonai Mitchell

9. Malachi Corley

10. Xavier Legette

Hey, if that means he's there at 28 or the top of the 2nd, I will not complain

4 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Odd... I guess Mel likes thicc bois over stick bois

*nods* I guess he's down with the thicness

ooohahahah

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

1. Marvin Harrison Jr.

2. Rome Odunze

3. Malik Nabers

4. Brian Thomas Jr.

5. Ladd McConkey

6. Keon Coleman

7. Xavier Worthy

8. Adonai Mitchell

9. Malachi Corley

10. Xavier Legette

Yea. If the Bills want Franklin at #28 he will be there IMO. Agree McConkey way too high and Legette too low. 

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. If the Bills want Franklin at #28 he will be there IMO. Agree McConkey way too high and Legette too low. 

Yeah, the more I've been diving into these guys - the more I'm feeling like we can probably sit pat at 28. I've got 4 guys after the Big 3 go i'd be thrilled with. I wouldn't worry about it unless that 6th one comes off multiple picks ahead of us.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

1. Marvin Harrison Jr.

2. Rome Odunze

3. Malik Nabers

4. Brian Thomas Jr.

5. Ladd McConkey

6. Keon Coleman

7. Xavier Worthy

8. Adonai Mitchell

9. Malachi Corley

10. Xavier Legette

I think McConkey is going to run a good 40 next week at the combine.  I don’t think he is slow.  I’m not saying he is the 5th best receiver in this class, but I think he will run better than 4.5.  I also think Worthy and Corley are listed higher than I would expect.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, I'm really high on Legette. Just passes the eye test on everything i'm looking for. Height, elite speed, muscle, good hands.

Knock on him are his age (just turned 23 a few weeks ago) and 1 year of production. I don't think the 1 year scares Beane off. He likes guys who look good and are still a work in progress. Reminds me of Rousseau and his 1 year of production.

I see him as a guy that is going to sky rocket up the Draft boards once he has his Combine and Pro Day and will be in discussion for WR4 or WR5. I don't see him escaping Round 1 and could very well be our guy.

I like Leggette quite a bit.  I think he is fast, but we’ll see what his 40 time is.  It won’t bother me if he is at 4.5, but some will think that is slow.  

Comparison to Rousseau is a good one except Rousseau (and Edmunds) were very young when they came out whereas Legette is older than typical.  Legette is yong at the position, but not in age.  

10 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think the 2022 model of what Beane did with CB is more likely. He took Elam Round 1 and then took Benford in Round 6. I'd go a little higher with our double dip at WR. But I don't expect him to go again until Round 4. Maybe a trade up from Round 4 into the bottom of Round 3 or top of Round 4 with the amount of Day 3 picks we have. 

I like Corley, Polk, and Rice. But I don't think they'll be there by the time we want to Double down. Maybe Rice. If Corley or Polk are there by the time our 3rd rolls around, you have to really consider it. But I doubt either will be.

Isn’t Corley mostly a slot guy?  Of course, doesn’t hurt to have competition for Shakir.

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, the more I've been diving into these guys - the more I'm feeling like we can probably sit pat at 28. I've got 4 guys after the Big 3 go i'd be thrilled with. I wouldn't worry about it unless that 6th one comes off multiple picks ahead of us.

Personally, I would not rule out trading back to 33 if we can fleece the panthers and there are 3-4 guys Beane still likes. But if Franklin is there I would have a hard time saying no.

• Agree 1

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Personally, I would not rule out trading back to 33 if we can fleece the panthers and there are 3-4 guys Beane still likes. But if Franklin is there I would have a hard time saying no.

This is not a bad idea, probably would net the Bills’ the Panther’s top of fourth pick, if Carolina would do it.

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

This is not a bad idea, probably would net the Bills’ the Panther’s top of fourth pick, if Carolina would do it.

It would heavily depend on the lay of the board, but I can absolutely see Carolina getting desperate.

If not, at this point I am confident that the Bills can pick up an immediate starting #2 in the back end of the 1st, start of the 2nd. The question is whether they can get someone to groom as a Diggs successor or if they want someone to pair.

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

It would heavily depend on the lay of the board, but I can absolutely see Carolina getting desperate.

If not, at this point I am confident that the Bills can pick up an immediate starting #2 in the back end of the 1st, start of the 2nd. The question is whether they can get someone to groom as a Diggs successor or if they want someone to pair.

Agree - I think finding someone who is as good as Gabe (after some experience) can be done as late as 3rd, but if they want a big outside receiver who has really great speed too, that has to come in first - if they can even get that there.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I like Leggette quite a bit.  I think he is fast, but we’ll see what his 40 time is.  It won’t bother me if he is at 4.5, but some will think that is slow.  

Comparison to Rousseau is a good one except Rousseau (and Edmunds) were very young when they came out whereas Legette is older than typical.  Legette is yong at the position, but not in age.  

I don't care either about Leggette's 40 time. If you watch him play he is quite clearly among the fastest, if not THE fastest WR in college football. It takes him a second to shift into overdrive maybe, but nobody will be catching him from behind...

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Agree - I think finding someone who is as good as Gabe (after some experience) can be done as late as 3rd, but if they want a big outside receiver who has really great speed too, that has to come in first - if they can even get that there.

I honestly think that last year showed that we need an upgrade from Gabe (and stat!) and with the Brinks truck that most WR2s on the market are projected at I really think the Draft is the only place to look at the moment.

Mel's board is great for us. The 2 best fits for us (without trading up) are not even on his board- Franklin & Legette.

The fact that all the WR draft rankings are all over the place after the top-3, really speaks to the volume & depth of this draft class. This could be the best WR draft ever.

I doubt the Bills do this, but I would love to see them pull a Rousseau/Basham with say.. Franklin/Legette.  

Then spend the rest of the draft on the defense.  

Two guys who we might be able to draft lower than usual due to the depth of WR in this class.  Helps prepare us for life after Diggs and/or allows us to play Diggs more in the slot with having two talented outside WR's fighting for playing time. 

We know this Offense can hum with 4 legit WR's.  Factor in Kincaid, Knox, Cook and our OL and we could be set for multiple years - at an extremely high level - on that side of the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

I've seen some other draft nerds not like Troy Franklin either.  

Lots can change (in public draft rankings) at the Combine next week.  I imagine that some receivers will run/jump better than expected and some will lose status to poorer workouts than projected).  Coleman and Mitchell assessment can change a lot depending on their testing.  Likewise, Franklin could move up or down depending on his strength and weight.

• Like (+1) 1

Help me out with McConkey. I watched a lot of Georgia the last few years. I'm no expert of course but to me but he looked like a smallish, not overly fast guy, a mid round pick that might be a nice slot option. I don't get it.

Edited by JMM
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stlbills13 said:

Had a dream last night that Harrison fell to the 11th pick and the Bills traded up to 11 but drafted a defensive end instead. One of the worst nightmares I've had.

You know, I don’t want to revisit the Watkins/Mack scenario but the fact Mack is still performing at a high level to this day whilst we’ve still got questions at the defensive line and WR years later is an absolute slap in the face. If that happened again I don’t know what to tell you… Nightmare indeed. 

Mack and Watkins were elite in college. There isn’t really a guy of Mack’s caliber this year. If you pass on MHJ for a defensive player then you don’t deserve Josh.