2024 WR Draft Class

27 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I got Franklin, Leggette, Mitchell as the guys I would love to see us get. I don't care that Leggette had 1 bad day and 1 good day at the senior bowl. Players like Deebo, AJ Brown and DK Metcalf weren't finished products by any means coming out and that's why they went in the 2nd Rd of the draft but look all 3 are basically super stars in the NFL. I believe if the Bills see that type of player in Leggette in have no problem with them drafting him in the late first Rd.

Btw have u ever looked at Kris Jenkins Jr at DT? Man he's a beast I would love to add him at #60. His father was an absolute stud in the NFL I can see Jr having even a better career then him.

I’d be fine with any of the 3 WRs too.  

I love jenkins- I’m just wondering where his fit is on this team.  Can he play 1T or is he Ed’s backup?  I question whether or not he can be a “good” 1T.  Seems more like a 3T or a big 5T minus the pass rush ability. 

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I love jenkins- I’m just wondering where his fit is on this team.  Can he play 1T or is he Ed’s backup?  I question whether or not he can be a “good” 1T.  Seems more like a 3T or a big 5T minus the pass rush ability. 

Yea I am in the same place with Jenkins. Love him. Think he is probably best suited to a 5T in a 3-4 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He fits in the way he can take the "Carolina connection"  to another level,  the heritage level 😄

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I just don’t see the route tree in thomas. He has the athletic ability to develop it though.  Just haven’t seen him show it to us

I’d like to see the bowl game when he played without Nabers. Field Yates said you finally get a glimpse of what he can do beyond vertical routes. But I agree, seems limited to vertical routes right now. I still like him a lot because I think he’s legitimately elite at those routes and will demand safety help and you just kinda hope the rest of his game develops. 

Particularly for a team like ours where we’re trying to win now, it’s important to have at least one thing you can really hang your hat on. Thomas definitely has that. I think guys like Coleman, Franklin, Wilson, McConkey, and Pearsall have that too. Polk, not really, but he’s good enough at a bunch of things that I think he could be helpful. The rest that I’ve watched I think are more developmental pieces than immediate contributors. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I got Franklin, Leggette, Mitchell as the guys I would love to see us get. I don't care that Leggette had 1 bad day and 1 good day at the senior bowl. Players like Deebo, AJ Brown and DK Metcalf weren't finished products by any means coming out and that's why they went in the 2nd Rd of the draft but look all 3 are basically super stars in the NFL. I believe if the Bills see that type of player in Leggette in have no problem with them drafting him in the late first Rd.

Btw have u ever looked at Kris Jenkins Jr at DT? Man he's a beast I would love to add him at #60. His father was an absolute stud in the NFL I can see Jr having even a better career then him.

My issue is I just don’t see anything special in Legette. Like I said, I’d take a shot at him if all the other WRs are taken away and we don’t have many options left in the 2nd Rd. Or if he’s somehow still there in the 3rd I’d take him. Other than that I just don’t think I want him. 

just watched tape on Jenkins. Not a terrible watch. He doesn’t seem nearly big and strong enough for me against the run as I think we need tho. We need a monster like Sweat, Jackson, maybe even Smith or Jefferson. Imo if we already take our WR in rd 1 and Sweat is still somehow there in the 40s they should move whatever it takes to get him. Almost every mock I’ve done he always goes by 50-52 if not sooner. I’d say one out of 20 he makes it to is in the 2nd rd. If you can’t get Sweat I think you wait until the 3rd rd or after to get the guy. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Exactly where I’m at. Watching him he seems more of a 3T. Better with a pass rush than holding his ground against the run. Just my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

I looked at the WR stat this past season and 13 receivers finished in the top 25 in Catches, Yards, and 20+ plays.  Of the 13, 7 were drafted in the 1st rd and 6 were drafted in round 2-5.  3 of the top 4, Hill, St. Brown, and Nacua were drafted in the 4th or 5th round.  Of the 7 1st rd players, Lamb, DJ Moore, Aiyuk, Evans, Chase, Olave, and DeVonta Smith, 3 were top 10 picks, 2 from picks 11-20, and 2 in the last 3rd. 

There is also no size requirement, except being at least 6 feet tall.  Hill and Moore were the only players under 6 feet.  Of the remaining 11, 5 were 6-2 or taller.  Evans was the tallest and heaviest at 6'5 231.  DeVonta Smith was the lightest at 170, followed by Olave at 187 and Hill at 191.  The other 10 were 200 lbs or greater.

The point of this analysis is that the Bills will probably get an impact WR in the first, but there is also a really good chance that the WR drafted later in the draft could emerge as the better player of the two.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Has anyone done any deep look into Johnny Wilson, Jermaine Burton, Javon Baker, or Tahj Washington yet? 

@DCOrange. @NewEra

Im definitely interested in Baker but there’s unfortunately no All 22 film of him in the database I’m using. Just haven’t gotten to the other 3 but just off of reading and watching some regular highlights, I don’t think I’ll be a fan of Wilson but we’ll see. I didn’t expect to like Coleman as much as I did or dislike Worthy and Tez. 

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Im definitely interested in Baker but there’s unfortunately no All 22 film of him in the database I’m using. Just haven’t gotten to the other 3 but just off of reading and watching some regular highlights, I don’t think I’ll be a fan of Wilson but we’ll see. I didn’t expect to like Coleman as much as I did or dislike Worthy and Tez. 

Care to share your platform?

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Has anyone done any deep look into Johnny Wilson, Jermaine Burton, Javon Baker, or Tahj Washington yet? 

@DCOrange. @NewEra

Other than what I’ve seen during the college football season, I haven’t seen much of Wilson, Burton or Washington.  

I have watched some Javon Baker.  He reminds me of a slightly lesser version of Ja’Lynn Polk.  Tenacious competitor.  Good at just about everything but lacks that high end speed everyone is clamoring for. 

19 hours ago, NewEra said:

That's a good question he is good vs the run but can he anchor against double teams with consistency? He has the size and power also has the lateral movement skills. I believe he can play some 1T but not on every down especially to start his career he would have to be a rotation player but by year 2 if he adds 20lbs to his frame he can be a dominant 1T. 

I believe he can play at least 50% of snaps to start his career. He can definitely line up at the 3 on passing downs and also back up Oliver the 35% of the downs he's not on the field. We seen the Bills use Tim Settle as a 1T as a rotation player although most here felt he was better suited for the 3T. I believe Kris Jenkins is already a much better player then Settle ever was . 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

That's a good question he is good vs the run but can he anchor against double teams with consistency? He has the size and power also has the lateral movement skills. I believe he can play some 1T but not on every down especially to start his career he would have to be a rotation player but by year 2 if he adds 20lbs to his frame he can be a dominant 1T. 

I believe he can play at least 50% of snaps to start his career. He can definitely line up at the 3 on passing downs and also back up Oliver the 35% of the downs he's not on the field. We seen the Bills use Tim Settle as a 1T as a rotation player although most here felt he was better suited for the 3T. I believe Kris Jenkins is already a much better player then Settle ever was . 

I thought Settle was better suited for 1T to be honest and that is mainly where the Bills have used him. Agree Jenkins is already a much better player. I just think in terms of his ability to play early he is much better suited as an end in a 3 man front. 

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

And WELL worth the money!

• Like (+1) 2

Watched some of Jerry’s son. He’s not my favorite prospect but what I do love is that he played with Caleb Williams, who likes to go rogue and play off script. Rice is great at finding those windows for his QB when he’s under duress. Probably got some good coaching from his dad

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I think the issue is expecting the man to put on another 20lb. Who knows if he even can manage himself at that weight. 

also, the thought of him playing in a limited role is worrisome considering we would be spending a 2nd or 3rd rd pick on him. Would much rather get someone who’s just massive and better against the run to start. At least we know they could hold down a position of need. Instead of finding a backup to a player we already have and would rather not take off the field if we can manage that. But that is one of McDs weaknesses, he has this infatuation with a steady rotation on the DL instead of just sticking with his best players or hot players. It’s a problem for him imo. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I think the issue is expecting the man to put on another 20lb. Who knows if he even can manage himself at that weight. 

also, the thought of him playing in a limited role is worrisome considering we would be spending a 2nd or 3rd rd pick on him. Would much rather get someone who’s just massive and better against the run to start. At least we know they could hold down a position of need. Instead of finding a backup to a player we already have and would rather not take off the field if we can manage that. But that is one of McDs weaknesses, he has this infatuation with a steady rotation on the DL instead of just sticking with his best players or hot players. It’s a problem for him imo. 

I posted the numbers elsewhere we really don't rotate that much more than other good teams and less than some in fact. It is just the way of the NFL now that teams rotate their DLs more than ever and try and rush in waves.

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I posted the numbers elsewhere we really don't rotate that much more than other good teams and less than some in fact. It is just the way of the NFL now that teams rotate their DLs more than ever and try and rush in waves.

My guess is outliers like Crosby and Watt and Bosa skew fan perceptions/expectations of DE snap counts for everyone else. And for DTs maybe it's just memories of some bygone era when Henderson and Stroud allegedly never came off the field for Jacksonville? 

For those wishing Franklin was more solidly built....

Franklin entered college 6'2" 170 lbs,

he's now 6'3" 190 and he hasn't even turned 21 yet( just checked and he just turned 21 3 days ago)

I could easily see him putting on another 10 lbs of muscle or more without slowing down

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Mcd has shown us in these 7 yrs that's he's not gonna change much. He loves his Dline rotation and he loves having old vets on the team especially at running back he loves having a old man in the bk field from Tolbert to Gore to Murray. I'm not a big fan of his rotations myself most teams have a top 4 that plays most of the game . 

When it comes to Jenkins Jr he can add some weight maybe not 20 lbs but 10 for sure that would put him at 315lbs and it's not just the weight that matters it's adding strength. He's got power already just needs some work with technique and anchoring. I think the kid can become a flat out beast a pro bowl type player.