2024 WR Draft Class

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I hope your feeling is wrong.  I don’t hate Worthy, I like his skills- I’m just bullish on 170lb players in the NFL, especially with a first rd pick.  

I know I know, but Devonta Smith!  Seems like the exception rather than the rule.

Totally fair... He's very skinny... 

I'd love to add Worthy as part of an entire package, but it's tough to see him as a future #1... I think the Bills are looking for an explosive WR that can play the X and take bubble screens. He fits that profile. I also think they Drafted Shorter for a reason and that reason was specifically to take Gabe's place as the do-the-dirty-work wide out. They spent a 5th on him and that was no coincidence. They see something in Shorter that fits...Anyway... I could be WAY off on this but the explosive X part fits Worthy... That's what he'll be... And there's only one team with Josh Allen's arm...So he will be explosive... JMO of course... B-)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Worthy’s speed is enticing, but wouldn’t he almost have to play in the slot to be most effective?  I think he will struggle big time out wide at 170lbs.  To me, they would be pushing Shakir out of the lineup and still have nobody to play where Davis did.

I don't see Worthy as a slot at all... Unless he's taking a bubble screens... You want him outside... He's is extremely fast...The Bills would use him like they used Smoke and Sanders. 

The skinny stuff is the risk with Worthy. And I'm not saying it's worth the risk at all. I'm only saying his skill set is what the Bills desperately want, and need... B-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I just put a mock in the simulator thread. I think it's reasonable, though obviously just playing out various possible scenarios. No doubt the valuation of specific players is going to change a lot, and the actual boards of NFL teams will doubtless differ greatly from these simulator lists. It goes WR, DT, S, DT, WR, S, Edge, RB, OT, WR. In short, it follows the most likely heuristic based on need and past proclivities at OBD. Regardless, I expect Beane will find a way to finagle the cap sufficiently to bring back enough vets to lessen overall dependence on rookies.

I do see us bringing in FA's on the Defensive side of the ball. But the odds we're going to be able to cover all of the following in FA seems unlikely to me:

1 Starting DE (or at least capable of starting if Von doesn't improve), 1 rotational depth rusher

1 Starting DT, 3 rotational depth lineman (including #3 who will get a LOT of reps)

2 Starting Safeties (as reading between the lines of McDermott and Beane's pressers, it seems likely Poyer and Hyde will both be gone), 1 for depth.

We'll take care of a number of them in FA. But all 5 of the important spots (starters at DE, DT, both Safety spots, and 3rd DT) with surefire replacements? I don't see it. We're going to need that 2nd and 3rd to cover a couple of them.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I do see us bringing in FA's on the Defensive side of the ball. But the odds we're going to be able to cover all of the following in FA seems unlikely to me:

1 Starting DE (or at least capable of starting if Von doesn't improve), 1 rotational depth rusher

1 Starting DT, 3 rotational depth lineman (including #3 who will get a LOT of reps)

2 Starting Safeties (as reading between the lines of McDermott and Beane's pressers, it seems likely Poyer and Hyde will both be gone), 1 for depth.

We'll take care of a number of them in FA. But all 5 of the important spots (starters at DE, DT, both Safety spots, and 3rd DT) with surefire replacements? I don't see it. We're going to need that 2nd and 3rd to cover a couple of them.

Yeah, I just pointed out that in a mock, I took DT in the second, and S in the third, with 2 DT, 1 Edge, and 2 S each selected in the draft as a whole. There's no way FA will cover all the defensive holes. Hopefully, it does enough to provide the capacity for some flexibility in what is prioritized in the draft. All the same, I expect as I have said repeatedly now, WR, DT, and S to be the first three picks.

Had to edit, as I went back and saw I only took 1 Edge. It's not a great draft at the position. Still, that is the most plausible path. All I add is that if a really good WR falls to #60, even if we grabbed one in the first, I'd like to think Beane could find a way to take advantage, and employ the rest of the draft to supplement the D. Whether or not that is actually possible is another matter.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

I don't see Worthy as a slot at all... Unless he's taking a bubble screens... You want him outside... He's is extremely fast...The Bills would use him like they used Smoke and Sanders. 

The skinny stuff is the risk with Worthy. And I'm not saying it's worth the risk at all. I'm only saying his skill set is what the Bills desperately want, and need... B-)

You don't see him as an NFL slot at all? Because he took 40% of his snaps at the College level last season in the Slot.

I'm sorry, but anyone who has that small of a frame and was only split out wide just 60% of the time in College can't be trusted to play exclusively on the boundary in the NFL - which is what we're in the market for.

I think Shorter may develop into something, but he's a total Wild Card. There's no way they think he's ready to take over and start full time. And Worthy in the slot would remove Shakir and/or Kincaid from the field.

Worthy may be fast, but he's at best a tweener that you have to use creatively. He simply does not check enough of the requisite boxes for the role we're looking for.

Worthy fans drool over his highlight videos and ignore everything else. That's not how Beane operates. He'll take the guy who fits all the traits he's looking for and athletic specimens who are sometimes looked at more as work in progresses over simply looking at College highlight reels, every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

I'm practically positive it will be either Thomas Jr, Franklin, Coleman, Mitchell, or Legette. We can still get speed and talent without having to give up size and true X usage and experience at the College level.

Even Franklin's a little small. But he still has 2.5-3" and 20 more lbs. on Worthy and was used in the slot only 17% of the time last season - compared to Worthy's 40%

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

BR just did a breakdown on Keon Coleman

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2024/2/18/24070751/buffalo-bills-2024-nfl-draft-analysis-film-study-of-wr-keon-coleman

Honestly, I would take him at 28. He's not the Y burner that Franklin would be, but I think he portends as a "open when he's covered" guy who can outmuscle a WR and his YAC seems to fit what Brady would like to do.

But it's really going to depend on how the draft falls. I'm seeing a lot of "immediate starter at WR2, not an automatic upgrade from Diggs" profiles

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You don't see him as an NFL slot at all? Because he took 40% of his snaps at the College level last season in the Slot.

I'm sorry, but anyone who has that small of a frame and was only split out wide just 60% of the time in College can't be trusted to play exclusively on the boundary in the NFL - which is what we're in the market for.

I think Shorter may develop into something, but he's a total Wild Card. There's no way they think he's ready to take over and start full time. And Worthy in the slot would remove Shakir and/or Kincaid from the field.

Worthy may be fast, but he's at best a tweener that you have to use creatively. He simply does not check enough of the requisite boxes for the role we're looking for.

Worthy fans drool over his highlight videos and ignore everything else. That's not how Beane operates. He'll take the guy who fits all the traits he's looking for and athletic specimens who are sometimes looked at more as work in progresses over simply looking at College highlight reels, every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

I'm practically positive it will be either Thomas Jr, Franklin, Coleman, Mitchell, or Legette. We can still get speed and talent without having to give up size and true X usage and experience at the College level.

Even Franklin's a little small. But he still has 2.5-3" and 20 more lbs. on Worthy and was used in the slot only 17% of the time last season - compared to Worthy's 40%

I think Worthy will get killed in the NFL if he plays a lot of slot... They'll break him in half...

I greatly...greatly prefer Franklin, Thomas, and Legette to Worthy... Mitchell too if he runs decent... Coleman I'm not sure only because of his separation issues... But I do think he's got great upside...

And the way you are thumbs-downing everyone of my posts on Worthy... I get it... You don't like him...lol...I'm not huge on him either... I just think the Bills may be...He's lightning in a bottle if used properly. And they want explosive traits... At least that's what Beane said... We'll see though... Hopefully we get Franklin and all is good...B-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

42 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I think Worthy will get killed in the NFL if he plays a lot of slot... They'll break him in half...

I greatly...greatly prefer Franklin, Thomas, and Legette to Worthy... Mitchell too if he runs decent... Coleman I'm not sure only because of his separation issues... But I do think he's got great upside...

And the way you are thumbs-downing everyone of my posts on Worthy... I get it... You don't like him...lol...I'm not huge on him either... I just think the Bills may be...He's lightning in a bottle if used properly. And they want explosive traits... At least that's what Beane said... We'll see though... Hopefully we get Franklin and all is good...B-)

Just gave you the "thumbs down" for fun. I agree about the preferences.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

42 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

How bout Franklin in the 1st and if Worthy is still there in the 2nd take him. Be done with the WR room for a while. That should be enough to spark us moving forward for a few years. Spend some mid to late round picks in the upcoming years. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Just gave you the "thumbs down" for fun. I agree about the preferences.

Since you guys are giving thumbs downs, I’d did it for both of you 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, mrags said:

How bout Franklin in the 1st and if Worthy is still there in the 2nd take him. Be done with the WR room for a while. That should be enough to spark us moving forward for a few years. Spend some mid to late round picks in the upcoming years. 

Since you guys are giving thumbs downs, I’d did it for both of you 

It was just a joke, but have fun with that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yes. I’m aware. I was joking as well. 

I'm afraid to respond and start an epidemic of down turned thumbs. 

Sorry, I missed the witticism. Distracted by a book I am trying to read through on a rare Monday off.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm afraid to respond and start an epidemic of down turned thumbs. 

Sorry, I missed the witticism. Distracted by a book I am trying to read through on a rare Monday off.

Haha. What r u reading? 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Haha. What r u reading? 

Volume II of Iain McGilchrist's The Matter with Things. It's really quite brilliant, though hard to categorize.

Part neurological science, part philosophy and cultural criticism.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Volume II of Iain McGilchrist's The Matter with Things. It's really quite brilliant, though hard to categorize.

Part neurological science, part philosophy and cultural criticism.

Tyler Im Good GIF by Big Brother

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

I think it's the other way around. On the boundary, he's going to get absolutely bullied by bigger CB's who are going to jam him and use their length at the line of scrimmage.

There's a reason smaller WR's are used in the slot. They're lined up against usually smaller, weaker CB's and can work the middle of the field. 

Once they get 5 yards past, they can't be touched until the ball is in their hands anyways. And at that point, they're often being covered by LB's or S's - which are a mismatch for smaller, faster WR's.

You mention John Brown as an example. But he was someone taken in Round 3 that had to prove it before he was trusted there. In Round 1, we need to know they can handle it - not just hope they can.

4 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

And the way you are thumbs-downing everyone of my posts on Worthy... I get it... You don't like him...lol...

To be fair, it wasn't just Worthy that led to me thumbs downing your last two posts. 

It was alleging we drafted Shorter to replace Gabe Davis in the WR2 spot for this season, when he was a redshirted in his Rookie year and never saw the field in the Regular Season, in your first post and saying you don't see Worthy as a slot at all, when he played almost half of his snaps last year in the slot, in your second post.

3 hours ago, mrags said:

I've got a number of problems with this.

1.) I don't see any way Worthy is on the board at 60.

2.) With the amount of holes we have on the Defense, we can't afford to not address any other position but WR until Round 3.

3.) We already have Khalil Shakir, Dalton Kincaid, and Deonte Harty (starting to think it's more likely he takes a pay cut than is outright cut) in the slot.

So not only are you spending a premium asset on a guy who won't be getting very many reps behind Diggs, Franklin, Shakir, and Kincaid - but you'll have to take one of those guys off the field to put him on.

I guess if he's the first guy up at the Slot and Boundary being mixed in when anyone needs a breather, he'll get more reps than say Sherfield or Harty got. But I still don't think that's worth a 2 with the amount of starters we have to replace and the small amount of cap space we'll have to fill those holes.

I maintain that we don't go back to WR until Round 4. At best, we trade up from 4 to the bottom of the 3rd after using our 2nd and 3rd elsewhere. But no way do I see us going back to back in Round 1 and Round 2 at WR.

If Diggs leaves next year, hopefully either the Round 4 player and/or Justin Shorter has developed and we're set already with Franklin and one of them for years to come.

If not, you go and get another guy in next year's Draft or sign a guy when we're in much better shape cap wise and hopefully have nowhere near the amount of holes we have this season.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think it's the other way around. On the boundary, he's going to get absolutely bullied by bigger CB's who are going to jam him and use their length at the line of scrimmage.

There's a reason smaller WR's are used in the slot. They're lined up against usually smaller, weaker CB's and can work the middle of the field.

Once they get 5 yards past, they can't be touched until the ball is in their hands anyways. And at that point, they're often being covered by LB's or S's - which are a mismatch for smaller, faster WR's.

To be fair, it wasn't just Worthy that led to me thumbs downing your last two posts. 

It was alleging we drafted Shorter to replace Gabe Davis in the WR2 spot for this season (when he was a redshirted project last year) in the first post and saying you don't see Worthy as a slot at all when he played almost half of his snaps last year in the slot in your second post.

I've got a number of problems with this.

1.) I don't see any way Worthy is on the board at 60.

2.) With the amount of holes we have on the Defense, we can't afford to not address any other position but WR until Round 3.

3.) We already have Khalil Shakir, Dalton Kincaid, and Deonte Harty (starting to think it's more likely he takes a pay cut than is outright cut) in the slot.

So not only are you spending a premium asset on a guy who won't be getting very many reps behind Diggs, Franklin, Shakir, and Kincaid - but you'll have to take one of those guys off the field to put him on.

I guess if he's the first guy up at the Slot and Boundary being mixed in when anyone needs a breather, he'll get more reps than say Sherfield or Harty got. But I still don't think that's worth a 2 with the amount of starters we have to replace and the small amount of cap space we'll have to fill those holes.

I maintain that we don't go back to WR until Round 4. If Diggs leaves next year, hopefully either the Round 4 player and/or Justin Shorter has developed and we're set already with Franklin and one of them for years to come.

If not, you go and get another guy in next year's Draft or sign a guy when we're in much better shape cap wise.

1. The opinions are there to suggest he’s nothing more than a slot guy. He’s way too small to play on the outside on a regular basis. Regardless of this is actually true or not, it doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s pretty thin and could cost him come draft day. 

2. Screw the other holes. We need Allen to have weapons at his disposal now and in the future. It also allows for them to say goodbye to Diggs if they feel the need to after next year. 

3. If Harty and his 15 catches for 150 yards is anywhere near this team next year we might as well pack up now. We won’t be winning anything with that mindset. There is no amount of money I would pay the guy for such a lack of effectiveness. He belongs no where near this team. If he’s paid over $50 it’s too much. You could literally pick a kid up at Delta Sonic that dries cars and get 15 catches out of him.

However, the point about already having house Diggs, Shakir, Kincaid, and any other WR we would take in RD1 makes sense. My argument is however, you are doubling up. Just because we take a guy at 28 or 2, Doesn’t matter. The fact is they might not pan out. You’re simply doubling your chances. With that being said I’m not saying Worthy is the guy I’d want doing this. But he is an option. And my argument was, IF…. He was there in the 2nd rd, because of his potential, you would be crazy to not take him even if you already got a guy in the 1st. 

The argument about other positions is a joke imo. They’ve thrown countless draft picks, and FA money at positions on defense. None of it has panned out. They continue to get outscored by Mahomes and that’s all that matters. It’s not on Josh because he can’t keep up offensively. It’s because no matter what we do on defense we still can’t stop them when it matters. My argument is to stop spending so much on it. They are going to score on you anyway. Just give Allen all the weapons he could ask for and keep him happy and throwing TDs. Maybe one of these days we’ll have so much of a lead on Mahomes that he can’t come back. Either way, your HC is a defensive minded coach. If he needs all this help on defense by simply throwing all assets and money at it, why are we dealing with it. He should be able to do more with less. And honestly, he’s proven that he can minus the big games where they matter most. 

Edited by mrags
  • Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, mrags said:

You saying you have higher hopes? Shame 

I am hopelessly hopeful, that started as a teen around closing time. 

😋

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mrags said:

2. Screw the other holes. 

This is exactly what I've been talking about about with some of you posters swinging the pendulum way too far in the other direction.

You cannot say "screw it - put anyone back there". A spot here or there, okay. We can cover up for it. But we need:

Starting DE 

Starting DT

Starting SS

Starting FS

#3 DT (Rotationally gets a LARGE snap count)

And that's not counting needing 2 other DE's, 2 other DT's, a LB, and another Safety. The odds that we'll be able to fill all 5 of those major holes in FA with amount of cap space we have is slim.

There are less than 1 Round worth of players who are considered a starter in every Draft. By putting out a 2nd and 3rd Round Pick and expecting them to start - you ARE allocating minimum assets to the Defense already. Guys available in Round 3 and especially after are there because they aren't Starters in Year 1.

In allocating our 1st Round to our most important hole and then doubling back in later rounds to provide insurance, we ARE focusing and favoring that over Defense.

2 hours ago, mrags said:

The argument about other positions is a joke imo. They’ve thrown countless draft picks, and FA money at positions on defense. None of it has panned out. 

You sound like you're saying "hey, 3-4 years ago we focused too much on Defense and it didn't get us over the top. So now we need to neglect there and focus on Offense completely".

That glosses over the fact that what you're upset about us doing and not working - many of them are gone already or will be gone this offseason. You can't say "oh well, that didn't work, so now that those guys need to be replaced, replace them with anybody. It doesn't matter"

Rather than replace them with 1st Round picks or high priced contracts, like I said, I am advocating waiting until Day 2 and getting bargain guys. I am advocating putting our highest asset and another pick into WR. But to say we allocate even less than 2nd Day picks and bargain FA's on the Defense is insane.

And as for the notion that we spend all of our assets on Defense and completely neglect the Offense - even that logic is flawed. This year we'll spend our 1st on a Starting WR. Even if we spend our 2nd on a Starting player on Defense, that would put the score at 4-2 in favor of Offense over the past 3 Drafts in Rounds 1 and 2:

2024 - 1st Round WR, 2nd Round Defensive Player

2023 - Dalton Kincaid (TE Round 1), O'Cyrus Torrence (OG Round 2)

2022 - Kaiir Elam (CB Round 1), James Cook (RB Round 2)

That's 2 1sts on Offense to 1 on Defense. 2 2nds on Offense to 1 on Defense.

I'm sure you'll say "But Von Miler!". Yes, we spent a lot on Von Miller. We typically do 1 splash move every few years or so. What was our last splash move before Von Miller? Stefon Diggs on Offense.

2 hours ago, mrags said:

They continue to get outscored by Mahomes and that’s all that matters. It’s not on Josh because he can’t keep up offensively. It’s because no matter what we do on defense we still can’t stop them when it matters. 

We saw what happened when we put up a mash unit against Mahomes. The idea that we can afford to put less out there than what we have already and it won't matter is really basic thinking.

The reality is that if we say "screw the holes" on Defense and put out even less talent, he's going to light us up even more. So great, Josh has more help. But guess what? Now he'll have to put up even more points to stay with him and even more points still to get ahead of him.

There's also this logic that KC wins just because they have Mahomes and Kelce and Defense doesn't matter in this league. This year we saw more than ever that they also field a very good Defense with All Pro players that keep him in the game to make those game winning drives.

Without Jones, McDuffie, Snead, Gay, and Karlaftis - KC wouldn't have hoisted the Lombardi this year. If you think us loading up on Offense and then downgrading our Defense even more than we will be already is going to take us over the top of their complete team - I've got a bridge to sell you. We have to do both, which is what I'm advocating for.

Sooooo.....

TL;DR - You can allocate Round 1 into WR and pick up another on Day 3 AND field a competent Defense by allocating Day 2 Picks there at the same time. And with the state of the Roster and our cap situation, we really don't have a choice. The idea that Beane will say "screw the holes" and that needing Starters on Defense is "a joke" is the real joke here.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This is exactly what I've been talking about about with some of you posters swinging the pendulum way too far in the other direction.

You cannot say "screw it - put anyone back there". A spot here or there, okay. We can cover up for it. But we need:

Starting DE 

Starting DT

Starting SS

Starting FS

#3 DT (Rotationally gets a LARGE snap count)

And that's not counting needing 2 other DE's, 2 other DT's, a LB, and another Safety. The odds that we'll be able to fill all 5 of those major holes in FA with amount of cap space we have is slim.

There are less than 1 Round worth of players who are considered a starter in every Draft. By putting out a 2nd and 3rd Round Pick and expecting them to start - you ARE allocating minimum assets to the Defense already. Guys available in Round 3 and especially after are there because they aren't Starters in Year 1.

In allocating our 1st Round to our most important hole and then doubling back in later rounds to provide insurance, we ARE focusing and favoring that over Defense.

You sound like you're saying "hey, 3-4 years ago we focused too much on Defense and it didn't get us over the top. So now we need to neglect there and focus on Offense completely".

That glosses over the fact that what you're upset about us doing and not working - many of them are gone already or will be gone this offseason. You can't say "oh well, that didn't work, so now that those guys need to be replaced, replace them with anybody. It doesn't matter"

Rather than replace them with 1st Round picks or high priced contracts, like I said, I am advocating waiting until Day 2 and getting bargain guys. I am advocating putting our highest asset and another pick into WR. But to say we allocate even less than 2nd Day picks and bargain FA's on the Defense is insane.

And as for the notion that we spend all of our assets on Defense and completely neglect the Offense - even that logic is flawed. This year we'll spend our 1st on a Starting WR. Even if we spend our 2nd on a Starting player on Defense, that would put the score at 4-2 in favor of Offense over the past 3 Drafts in Rounds 1 and 2:

2024 - 1st Round WR, 2nd Round Defensive Player

2023 - Dalton Kincaid (TE Round 1), O'Cyrus Torrence (OG Round 2)

2022 - Kaiir Elam (CB Round 1), James Cook (RB Round 2)

That's 2 1sts on Offense to 1 on Defense. 2 2nds on Offense to 1 on Defense.

I'm sure you'll say "But Von Miler!". Yes, we spent a lot on Von Miller. We typically do 1 splash move every few years or so. What was our last splash move before Von Miller? Stefon Diggs on Offense.

We saw what happened when we put up a mash unit against Mahomes. The idea that we can afford to put less out there than what we have already and it won't matter is really basic thinking.

The reality is that if we say "screw the holes" on Defense and put out even less talent, he's going to light us up even more. So great, Josh has more help. But guess what? Now he'll have to put up even more points to stay with him and even more points still to get ahead of him.

There's also this logic that KC wins just because they have Mahomes and Kelce and Defense doesn't matter in this league. This year we saw more than ever that they also field a very good Defense with All Pro players that keep him in the game to make those game winning drives.

Without Jones, McDuffie, Snead, Gay, and Karlaftis - KC wouldn't have hoisted the Lombardi this year. If you think us loading up on Offense and then downgrading our Defense even more than we will be already is going to take us over the top of their complete team - I've got a bridge to sell you. We have to do both, which is what I'm advocating for.

Sooooo.....

TL;DR - You can allocate Round 1 into WR and pick up another AND field a competent Defense at the same time. And with the state of the Roster and our cao situation, we really don't have a choice. The idea that Beane will say "screw the holes" and that needing Starters on Defense is "a joke" is the real joke.

If you managed to look at all the mocks I’ve posted you will see that I’m actually pretty defense friendly. But that doesn’t mean we neglect the offense because of it. For everything you said, and it makes perfect sense, not arguing with that. It all means nothing because even with a top notch Defense in 2020 and 2021 we still couldn’t stop them. And then we couldn’t this year. And we couldn’t stop the Bengals last year either. The offense is suffering, specifically at the WR position and it cannot continue to be neglected. We’re just about at a head with the Diggs situation at this point. And we have an out next year if we don’t renegotiate his contract, AGAIN. But in order to take advantage of it (and btw I’m not saying we should) we need to have weapons in place. Can’t do that with just 1 WR. And that doesn’t meant anything anyway if the WR we draft sucks. Again, need to have insurance. Maybe that’s in rd 3. 4. 5. It doesn’t matter, but we need more than 1. But if a guy of Worthy’s upside is there in rd 2 and you didn’t expect it, even after drafting a guy in rd 1 you get him. Worry about the defense after that. 

28 minutes ago, mrags said:

If you managed to look at all the mocks I’ve posted you will see that I’m actually pretty defense friendly. But that doesn’t mean we neglect the offense because of it. For everything you said, and it makes perfect sense, not arguing with that. It all means nothing because even with a top notch Defense in 2020 and 2021 we still couldn’t stop them. And then we couldn’t this year. And we couldn’t stop the Bengals last year either. The offense is suffering, specifically at the WR position and it cannot continue to be neglected. We’re just about at a head with the Diggs situation at this point. And we have an out next year if we don’t renegotiate his contract, AGAIN. But in order to take advantage of it (and btw I’m not saying we should) we need to have weapons in place. Can’t do that with just 1 WR. And that doesn’t meant anything anyway if the WR we draft sucks. Again, need to have insurance. Maybe that’s in rd 3. 4. 5. It doesn’t matter, but we need more than 1. But if a guy of Worthy’s upside is there in rd 2 and you didn’t expect it, even after drafting a guy in rd 1 you get him. Worry about the defense after that. 

We don't have to replace Diggs this year.

You take a mid rounder and hope it hits with a year of development in conjunction with your 1st. Also Justin Shorter, who will have a red shirt year and a 1st year of development. One of those guys could be his replacement without giving up 60.

And if neither looks like a Starter in Year 2, then you Draft another guy or sign someone - as 2025's cap is actually 25m in the green ATM.

You also don't want to count Diggs completely out at this point. What if having an ACTUAL WR opposite him takes away some coverage and he has his best season ever? 

Then we've spent a 2nd Round Pick on a guy for a role that doesn't even exist for another year at least.

And with Worthy, again, I don't see a full time Outside guy. He's, at best, a jack of all trades gadget type that you have to be creative with. He's not replacing Diggs full time on the Outside IMO.

And with Khalil Shakir and Dalton Kincaid (a TE as much as Von Miller's a LB), we have not one, but two top end Slots on the roster for the next 2 years at least. 

Get the most important thing we need this year. Which is a true Outside WR with our highest pick. But like it or not, we don't have a choice but to address the MASSIVE amount of holes we have Defensively with Draft picks. And we can't afford to wait until Round 3 at the earliest for multiple guys we'll need to start.

You can't be in a situation where you're starting 4th Rounders. Even starting 3rd Rounders is a scary proposition.

Then you can come back to WR in Round 4, or maybe even package a 4th and a 5th to get into the bottom of Round 3. But Round 1 AND Round 2 is out. Y'all can mock it to your hearts content and argue why it should be done. It's not going to happen. Especially when you consider it's likely we'll have to trade up at least a couple picks to secure the guy we want in Round 1.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We don't have to replace Diggs this year.

You take a mid rounder and hope it hits with a year of development in conjunction with your 1st. Also Justin Shorter, who will have a red shirt year and a 1st year of development. One of those guys could be his replacement without giving up 60.

And if neither looks like a Starter in Year 2, then you Draft another guy or sign someone - as 2025's cap is actually 25m in the green ATM.

You also don't want to count Diggs completely out at this point. What if having an ACTUAL WR opposite him takes away some coverage and he has his best season ever? 

Then we've spent a 2nd Round Pick on a guy for a role that doesn't even exist for another year at least.

And with Worthy, again, I don't see a full time Outside guy. He's, at best, a jack of all trades gadget type that you have to be creative with. He's not replacing Diggs full time on the Outside IMO.

And with Khalil Shakir and Dalton Kincaid (a TE as much as Von Miller's a LB), we have not one, but two top end Slots on the roster for the next 2 years at least. 

Get the most important thing we need this year. Which is a true Outside WR with our highest pick. But like it or not, we don't have a choice but to address the MASSIVE amount of holes we have Defensively with Draft picks. And we can't afford to wait until Round 3 at the earliest for multiple guys we'll need to start.

You can't be in a situation where you're starting 4th Rounders. Even starting 3rd Rounders is a scary proposition.

Then you can come back to WR in Round 4, or maybe even package a 4th and a 5th to get into the bottom of Round 3. But Round 1 AND Round 2 is out. Y'all can mock it to your hearts content and argue why it should be done. It's not going to happen.

Oh I don’t even think they address it in rd 1. Regardless of how I mock it up vs what they are going to do. And I don’t think they address it until rd3 or afternoon because the POS head coach that we have that can’t get out of his own way when it comes to defensive mindset. Our opinions may differ, but the fact is, with a top defense that was healthy, or with one that’s riddled with injuries where scrubs from their couch 2 weeks prior are asked to cover the best TE in football. But here we are. Short of a trophy again. And nothing this defense has been able to do since McD got here has been enough. Even in 2020 when we had our best shot ever and blew it with a coaching and defensive blunder. 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Oh I don’t even think they address it in rd 1. Regardless of how I mock it up vs what they are going to do. And I don’t think they address it until rd3 or afternoon because the POS head coach that we have that can’t get out of his own way when it comes to defensive mindset. Our opinions may differ, but the fact is, with a top defense that was healthy, or with one that’s riddled with injuries where scrubs from their couch 2 weeks prior are asked to cover the best TE in football. But here we are. Short of a trophy again. And nothing this defense has been able to do since McD got here has been enough. Even in 2020 when we had our best shot ever and blew it with a coaching and defensive blunder. 

if we don’t get Allen some quality dynamic WR’s that can actually catch and make plays for him…….

It MUST be priority #1

Just now, CNYfan said:

Malik Washington dominates.

He is the guy I want

based on some of the advanced stats, he could be a stud in the mid rounds for sure. Would be excited about him

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

if we don’t get Allen some quality dynamic WR’s that can actually catch and make plays for him…….

It MUST be priority #1

based on some of the advanced stats, he could be a stud in the mid rounds for sure. Would be excited about him

M. Washington won't make it out of the top 75, in my opinion.    He catches 10 11 balls a game for a dud qb, in a dud offense. 

The scouts will find him and he will be off the board

Edited by CNYfan

26 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It MUST be priority #1

You and I agree. We’ll see in about 2 months tho. Personally I think they’ll end up with maybe 1 WR in this draft and it won’t be a first or second rounder. Look for them to hope Justin Freaking Shorter is our #2. Which is the biggest joke ever. 

31 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

M. Washington won't make it out of the top 75, in my opinion.    He catches 10 11 balls a game for a dud qb, in a dud offense. 

Too rich for us then …I was thinking 4th Round 

40 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

9 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Too rich for us then …I was thinking 4th Round 

At 5’8” someone else can have him 

• Like (+1) 1

Being in Oklahoma, I’ve watched Worthy play in several games for Texas. I thought he really avoided contact last year, but did improve on that somewhat this past season.  Still, I will be surprised if he can stay healthy. You can only avoid contact by running out of bounds so many times in the NFL.  I hope Buffalo doesn’t draft Worthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Being in Oklahoma, I’ve watched Worthy play in several games for Texas. I thought he really avoided contact last year, but did improve on that somewhat this past season.  Still, I will be surprised if he can stay healthy. You can only avoid contact by running out of bounds so many times in the NFL.  I hope Buffalo doesn’t draft Worthy. 

There’s quite a few guys I’d prefer over him. Especially in the later rounds. But my opinion still stands, if you have a chance to get him in RD 2 or after, you probably should take it. But that all depends on how rd1 falls and what youve already got. 

• Like (+1) 1