2024 WR Draft Class

11 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Last one for tonight: Troy Franklin. I like him. Of the 5 I’ve watched All 22 of, he’s probably #2 on my list. His differentiator compared to the other 4 is he does a nice job using stutter steps and head fakes to set up his slants and curls; kinda reminiscent of Stevie a little bit. The other thing is he just understands his assignment. On in breaking routes, he’ll do whatever it takes to make sure he has inside leverage. He’ll eagerly run interference/picks to free up his teammates. When Nix had the option to keep the ball and bounce it outside, Franklin would lead his defender towards the middle of the field to give Nix more running space. Definitely not as explosive getting deep as Brian Thomas and more susceptible to getting slowed down by handsy DBs, but still pretty good vertical threat and definitely runs a more versatile route tree than a Thomas. He did unfortunately have a few concentration drops in the two games I watched. 

You’ve ranked him your #2. Of the ones you’ve went through so far, how do you rank them?

2 hours ago, mrags said:

You’ve ranked him your #2. Of the ones you’ve went through so far, how do you rank them?

I’ve gone through a handful today as well. I would probably stack them up this way (where I’d be comfortable taking them in parentheses)

1. Brian Thomas (Mid 1st)
  2. Troy Franklin (1st)
  3. Keon Coleman (1st)
  4. Ladd McConkey (Early 2nd)
  5. Roman Wilson (Mid 2nd)
  6. Brenden Rice (2nd)
  7. Adonai Mitchell (Late 2/Early 3)
  8. Xavier Legette (3rd)
  9. Jamari Thrash (Day 3)
  10. Tez Walker (Day 3)
  11. Xavier Worthy (Late Day 3/UDFA)
  • Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I’ve gone through a handful today as well. I would probably stack them up this way (where I’d be comfortable taking them in parentheses)

2. Troy Franklin (1st)
  3. Keon Coleman (1st)
  6. Brenden Rice (2nd)
  8. Xavier Legette (3rd)
  9. Jamari Thrash (Day 3)
  10. Tez Walker (Day 3)

Surprised you don’t like Walker more. He feels like Thomas Jr (lite) to me. 

im a huge fan of Thomas Jr. and Franklin although I wish he had a little more weight to him. Really like Mitchell and Rice too. Also a huge fan of Tahj Washington in mid-late rounds 

I've been thinking about the idea of using a 2nd next year to move up in the 2nd this year along with 2 of the 6ths the team has. It would depend on how the draft plays out but we'll just say in the 1st they draft Franklin or Thomas, then around pick 40 or so, one of the other highly touted WRs starts to slide (Worthy, Leggett, McConkey, etc.)

How awesome would it be to see the team say you know what, let's force the other teams to play catch up, and add 2 guys to the mix that are going to make the Bills absolute matchup nightmares!? The amount of different looks the offense could come out in and just dictate to the defense what's going to happen would be absurd. The Bills could go from ground and pound to air-it-out and everything in between.

Ideally you'd be adding 2 WRs that are better than Davis and then saying try and stop us... The more I think about it, I'm all aboard the RD2 Trade Up Train

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

im a huge fan of Thomas Jr. and Franklin although I wish he had a little more weight to him. Really like Mitchell and Rice too. Also a huge fan of Tahj Washington in mid-late rounds 

I definitely think Walker and Thomas are in the same mold as primarily vertical threats. I was not impressed with Tez’s ability against press though which is a big deal to me if you’re going to be mostly limited to vertical routes from out wide. He had a handful of bad drops in the games I watched and that plagued him at the Senior Bowl too. He’s definitely dangerous if you give him a free release though. 

Edit: Was talking about Thomas but wrote Mitchell originally. Whoops. 

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Walker lost a LOT of money this past weekend.  His catch ability got exposed greatly at the Senior Bowl.  The dude has no idea how to get two hands on a ball.  I wouldn't touch Tez at all this entire draft.

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

2. Troy Franklin (1st)
  3. Keon Coleman (1st)
  6. Brenden Rice (2nd)
  8. Xavier Legette (3rd)
  9. Jamari Thrash (Day 3)
  10. Tez Walker (Day 3)

I'm warming up to Rice as well. If the Bills landed both Franklin and Rice in this draft, I'd be stoked for the offense. Like GB getting Watson and Doubs

8 hours ago, DCOrange said:

2. Troy Franklin (1st)
  3. Keon Coleman (1st)
  6. Brenden Rice (2nd)
  8. Xavier Legette (3rd)
  9. Jamari Thrash (Day 3)
  10. Tez Walker (Day 3)

Eager to hear your take on Ja’lynn Polk.  

4 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I want to not like this guy because he’s not the kind of WR I want the bills to get but honestly the more I watch him the more I like him lol

He’s so smooth

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Eager to hear your take on Ja’lynn Polk.  

I think I’d slot him above Roman Wilson but same draft range. I like him; not sure he’s particularly great at any one thing but he’s pretty good all around and versatile enough where he can kinda fill in wherever we have gaps. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, DCOrange said:

2. Troy Franklin (1st)
  3. Keon Coleman (1st)
  6. Brenden Rice (2nd)
  8. Xavier Legette (3rd)
  9. Jamari Thrash (Day 3)
  10. Tez Walker (Day 3)

Diggs + 3 in 25 (can become 2) + 6th for HOU 23rd or DAL 24th

it’s possible Brian Thomas Jr is still on the board. Take him.  Then double dip that chip for Troy Franklin at 28. Ooooo baby!

Get Josh Allen some new bff’s and light the AFC on fire with the offense. Enough! THIS IS OUR TIME

Edited by Warriorspikes51

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs + 3 in 25 (can become 2) + 6th for HOU 23rd or DAL 24th

it’s possible Brian Thomas Jr is still on the board. Take him.  Then double dip that chip for Troy Franklin at 28. Ooooo baby!

Get Josh Allen some new bff’s and light the AFC on fire with the offense. Enough! THIS IS OUR TIME

I see you're "having fun" with your completely unrealistic ideas in multiple threads.

I don't understand how it's fun for you to think up ideas that just aren't feasible and then see them not happen year after year. Don't you get disappointed with reality when it happens?

Reality is plenty fun. A 1st Round WR is possible, if not extremely likely. It's exciting. But you always have to take things too far.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I see you're "having fun" with your completely unrealistic ideas in multiple threads.

I don't understand how it's fun for you to think up ideas that just aren't feasible and then see them not happen every year. Don't you get disappointed with reality when it happens?

it’s no different than watching us fail in the playoffs to the same team every year. This way, I get months of time where disappointment isn’t possible🙃

2 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

I want to not like this guy because he’s not the kind of WR I want the bills to get but honestly the more I watch him the more I like him lol

Don't be afraid to like him.  He is as good as the tape shows.  The best thing about him and Bowers is that they always made the big play.  He is exactly the type of player the Bills need.  If he was two inches taller, he'd probably be in the top 5 WRs taken.

Troy Franklin is the guy I'd love to see them get.

6'3" 4.35 40

146. QB rating when targeted this past season

Gets open, great hands, great at tracking throws downfield.

Impressive acceleration and top speed

He and Josh would be a great match

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6