The Belichick thread

Simon

Realize this is probably not a serious idea, but it'd be like asking the former CEO of Coca Cola (who was in charge when the stock went up 100X) if he'd be interested in being the CFO or COO of Pepsico.  Why would anyone ever make a move like that?  Or asking a former US president to be a VP.  Has never happened and would basically never happen.

6 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Realize this is probably not a serious idea, but it'd be like asking the former CEO of Coca Cola (who was in charge when the stock went up 100X) if he'd be interested in being the CFO or COO of Pepsico.  Why would anyone ever make a move like that?  Or asking a former US president to be a VP.  Has never happened and would basically never happen.

Gerald Ford almost was on Reagan’s ticket.  

Edited by Arkady Renko
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

And while we're at it, let's get Tom Brady to be our new QB Coach. I'm sure he too has no better options like commentating for a gazillion dollars.

Fox is making a mistake (IMHO) in taking Greg OIsen off their #1 announce team. He is very good at it. I realize Tom Is the GOAT QB for now but that doesn't mean he is going to be a good announcer.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

No way BB takes a coordinator role ... even less chance he takes a DC role with a team who already has a defensive minded head coach who will want a significant say in the running of the D.

Yea, after all he's accomplished he's not taking a DC role for any team. I actually think he will do well on TV in the pregame show.

However, if he's not going to be coaching this year I think (if he's open to it) hiring him in a consultant role may be smart. Say what you will, but McDermott respects Bill a whole lot. And maybe Bill would want to do something with Buffalo as we know he loves him some Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NeverOutNick said:

Never going to happen with McD making sure he has guys that will fall in line behind his decisions only but I’d be all about it as well, but only if they let Beane do the drafting and it’s Joshcentric 

These statements crack me up “McDermott is only going to hire guys who think the same way he does” YES just like every other person who hires someone. Why would you hire someone that you would constantly be at odds with? 

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

These statements crack me up “McDermott is only going to hire guys who think the same way he does” YES just like every other person who hires someone. Why would you hire someone that you would constantly be at odds with? 

He’s only going to hire coaches that don’t threaten his job or his decision-making. Sorry I wasn’t clear on what I meant 

also, you want to have differing ideas in the building maybe that would lead to us getting farther in the playoffs and your defense not adjusting at all to having AJ Klein cover Travis Kelce

Edited by NeverOutNick

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He would be fantastic. BB knows more about the history of the game than anyone. He could be the next Madden if he wanted to go that route 

Not so many historians in the broadcast booth. You're not wrong, Bill's bottle was filled with gatorade, his Alpha Bits cereal was only X's and O's, and he wore a jock strap when potty training. He IS football personified. But Seth MacFarlane, the biggest Patriots fan even nailed his stony demeanor. Joey bag o donuts wouldn't appreciate the wealth of knowledge with such a deadpan delivery. 

There'd be too much clashing regarding defensive strategy between Bill and McD.

The media would have a field day anytime one of them had a sour look in their eye.

Just look what's going on w Diggs and all the non drama they start. 

37 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Not so many historians in the broadcast booth. You're not wrong, Bill's bottle was filled with gatorade, his Alpha Bits cereal was only X's and O's, and he wore a jock strap when potty training. He IS football personified. But Seth MacFarlane, the biggest Patriots fan even nailed his stony demeanor. Joey bag o donuts wouldn't appreciate the wealth of knowledge with such a deadpan delivery. 

Heres part of his show from a few years ago. He would be amazing on TV. If he doesnt coach this year, I hope he does something on TV. He's excellent 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/24/2024 at 4:43 PM, BBFL said:

Bill is an awesome coach and I can respect what he’s managed to achieve during his tenure with the Patriots.

However, I don’t know how I’d feel if we hired him. Would be a sour taste if we hired him and never ended up winning a SB under his guidance. 

You can't go just by what he did with Brady. You have to judge his last 3 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.